ᴍʏ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ | ᴢᴇʟᴅʀɪꜱ x...

Por lostgipsydanger

(Y/n) is the younger sister of Elizabeth, the Commandment of Benevolence, the leader of the Ten Commandments... Más

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ | ʜᴇᴀᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱɪx
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ʙɴʜᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ
ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

2.3K 89 57
Por lostgipsydanger

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ." 

ʀɪʜᴀɴɴᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

Staring out at the beautiful green landscape in front of me, I place both my hands on my crossed legs and look up to the clear blue skies above, breathing in the wonderfully clear air.

After leaving my older sister's tavern, I immediately made my way over to several different tiny towns where I slowly picked up information about the various kingdoms that have been formed in Britannia over the past 3,000 years and also about the acclaimed Seven Deadly Sins. 

If what I've learned is correct, there used to be six kingdoms in total; the Kingdom of Malachia, the Kingdom of Castellio, the Kingdom of Edinburgh, the Kingdom of Danafor, the Kingdom of Liones, and the Kingdom of Camelot. The only kingdoms that stand now in Britannia are the Kingdom of Liones and the Kingdom of Camelot whereas it appears the other four kingdoms fell in their own way.

With regards to the Seven Deadly Sins, it seems that this was a group my sister brought together over sixteen years ago who were accused of treason for trying to overthrow the Kingdom of Liones around ten years ago. However, this sentence was revoked once it was discovered that the Holy Knight Grandmasters, Hendrickson and Dreyfus, were behind the murder of Grand Holy Knight Zaratras and the slaughter of hundreds of Holy Knights. And this only happened because Fraudrin had taken over Dreyfus' body.

"You've had a lot of fun these past few years, Elizabeth," I say quietly. "Now it's my turn."

Standing on my feet, I feel my wings spread open on my back and I quickly take off to the skies, swiftly making my way to the Kingdom of Camelot.

"If I attack the Kingdom of Liones first, Elizabeth will surely come," I observe out loud. "But I need to neutralise at least one kingdom without Elizabeth or the Seven Deadly Sins interfering. So it seems the Kingdom of Camelot is the best option right now."

Once a couple of minutes pass by, I spot a large castle up ahead with surrounding houses that are protected with large walls so I subtly hover over the kingdom before suddenly dropping to the ground near the houses. This way, none of the soldiers patrolling on the walls will notice me.

"Excuse me. Are you lost, ma'am?" I hear someone politely ask me once I come out of the dark alleyway I landed in.

"Depends," I answer coolly as I turn around to study the young girl who's only a few centimetres shorter than me. "Is this the Kingdom of Camelot?"

Giggling, she replies, "Well, of course it is. Where'd you think you were?"

Frowning slightly, I blurt out the question, "Do you have a family?"

"Um, I mean my older sister and brother take care of me," the girl says, pouting. "I have a few aunts, uncles, cousins—"

"What about your parents?" I interrupt her.

"They're dead, ma'am," she says bluntly, blinking. "But it's alright. I mean, of course, it's awful they're gone but I don't really remember them since they died when I was a baby. So I'm happy and grateful for the family I have right now."

Taking a few seconds to consider what to say next, I then warn her, "Leave this kingdom right now. Something dreadful is about to happen."

"What d'you mean?" the girl asks in confusion and tilts her head to the side. "Are you feeling alright, ma'am?"

"Take your family and get out of here," I try again as I slowly place my hand on my dagger tucked away in its sheath. "You don't have much time."

"Hey, is someone trying to hurt you?" she asks worriedly. "We can help you if you're in trouble."

"I'm sorry," I say apologetically as I raise my other hand in the air. "But I did try to warn you."

"What're you talking about?" the girl questions but still takes a cautious step backwards.

I clench my raised hand into a fist and breathe, "Come to me, my brethren."

"Isabella, is everything alright over here?" a young man asks as he firmly places his large hands on the girl's shoulders.

Before she can answer him, horrible screams and exclamations fill the air and everyone looks up to see Grey, Red and Albion Demons appearing from over the walls and starting to fly above the kingdom.

"If none of you fights back, they won't hurt you!" I shout out to the crowd in this packed market area and immediately there are shocked cries and yells when I say this. "So stand down."

"Who are you?" the young man demands as he holds onto his younger sister protectively. "And what the hell are those things?"

"Those things are Demons," I respond coldly as I bring my hand back down. "And like I said, they won't hurt any of you if you don't fight back."

"Are—Are you one of them?" the girl—Isabella asks me with fear in her dark brown eyes, the same eyes as her older brother's. "Are you a De—Demon as well?"

Taking in the horrified expressions on both of their tanned faces, I say slowly, "I am."

"Someone stop her!" a man abruptly yells from the massive crowd.

As several soldiers come rushing my way, weapons ready, I keep my gaze focused on Isabella and say quietly, "You Humans still don't know when to listen, do you?"

"You really are a Demon," Isabella breathes in dismay as she and her brother back away from me.

With the Royal Demon mark burning on my forehead, I announce to everyone present, "In the name of the Demon Queen and as a member of the Ten Commandments, I now claim the Kingdom of Camelot for the Demon race!"

━━ 🌹 ━━

"One kingdom down," I drawl as I slowly lean back against the grand throne of Camelot, "one kingdom to go."

Knowing the other Commandments, they've most likely gone after the small villages and towns in Britannia in order to obtain Human souls and replenish their magic. But I just can't bear to do that.

So in the end, I decided to use my Commandment on the people of Camelot; those who turned their back on me immediately succumbed to the Commandment of Piety thus forcing them to serve me and listen to any of my commands. I couldn't bring myself to kill anyone or eat any of their souls.

"Damn, I'm getting soft," I say to myself and my voice echoes in the huge hall. "That seal really messed up my head or something. Pitiful for the daughter of the Demon Queen."

"Princess (Y/n)," one of the Demon foot soldiers speaks as he appears from one of the side entrances of the hall. "The Grey, Red and Albion Demons are in need of the Human souls—"

"You won't be taking any of the Human souls from this kingdom," I say very firmly and place my hands on the arms of the throne. 

"Princess (Y/n), are you saying we should head out to the neighbouring villages and towns to retrieve Human souls?" the Demon soldier questions and then flinches when he sees my dark glare. "Apologies, my lady. I was just—"

"Here's what you'll do," I cut him off, tipping my head to the side. "Listen well; half of the foot soldiers and half of the Grey, Red and Albion Demons will leave to find the Human souls they need and once they return here, the other half will go and get their fill. If Elizabeth really cares about this kingdom, we could use the imprisoned Humans against her."

"Very well, my lady," the soldier says in understanding and bows his head. "We shall do that."

Once he leaves the hall, my shoulders slump as I whisper, "You coward. You just don't want any blood on your hands."

But it's more than that. The moment I spoke to that little Human girl, I couldn't bring myself to kill her or any of the citizens of Camelot. Despite only speaking to her for a minute, my hearts had attached themselves to her and ultimately the entire kingdom. I'm weak like that.

"Elizabeth, you better not force my hand when it comes to protecting these Humans," I say with a heavy sigh and close my eyes. "But you've clearly changed so much over these past 3,000 years so I have no clue what your next move might be."

My body jolts forward on the throne when I feel a tremendous magical spike out of nowhere and I know there's only one person who could be causing this; my older sister.

Rising from the throne, I make my way down the stairs slowly and walk towards the enormous doors of this grand hall before I start running to the front of the castle and leaping to the cloudy skies once again. My mind is completely blank, filled only with empty thoughts, as I rush towards the location where the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen is.

Once I reach the location, I quickly drop myself to the ground and everywhere around me there's a mass of darkness floating around and judging from the other magical presences near me, the other Commandments have come as well.

And there she is; the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen, my older sister, the traitor of the Demon race.

"Elizabeth," I hiss as she and I take a step toward one another.

She strikes at me but I already knew she would do this so I grab her arm and swiftly cut it off with my sword. Crimson blood splatters everywhere as I calmly place my sword back in its sheath, my gaze not moving away from Elizabeth.

Before I can say or do anything, she brutally kicks me right under the chin which sends me flying backwards but I spin around and gracefully land right on top of her detached arm holding her weapon.

"Now do it," I give the order to the Commandment of Pacifism as I slowly look up to Elizabeth.

"Binding Spell Grudge Chains," Grayroad utters the words of the spell as Elizabeth turns her head in horror to see a faint dark chain wrap itself around her body before disappearing.

Turning her attention away from this, Elizabeth quickly throws out several kicks in my direction before darting backwards and successfully reconnecting her arm and retrieving her sword. She then dashes through the rest of the Ten Commandments, trying to leave, but she's immediately brought back to the battlefield, to us.

"This is the power of Grudge Spell Chains!" Grayroad cries out with delight. "Once the spell has been cast, the recipient may never leave the location when the curse is inflicted on them. This is now inevitable."

From behind, the Commandment of Purity makes her move and strikes at the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins and then kicks her in the side. Silently, we watch as Derieri continues to battle Elizabeth and create a huge mess wherever they go.

"Surely, you haven't forgotten, have you?" the Commandment of Reticence murmurs as he fixes his moustache with one hand. "Derieri's ability called Combo Style. As long as she lands those consecutive blows directly, the weight behind each one is increased. It's a specialised attack-oriented power."

"Why are you explaining this?" I drawl and then shoot him a pointed look. "We already know everything about Derieri's powers."

Before he can answer, Derieri cries out, "Fifty-four!"

Quickly catching Elizabeth since she's thrown off guard, Monspeet says, "That's outstanding. You're the only second one to have withstood fifty rounds of Combo Style. But with both your arms pulverised, you won't be able to unleash Full Counter now. Hellfire Burn!"

Shielding my eyes from the attack, when I look back, I sigh quietly when I see that Elizabeth has managed to cut deeply into Monspeet's neck and escape his grip.

"Gotta say, I wasn't expecting that," Monspeet admits and then chokes when the wound opens even more.

"Bottom line is you took a hit," Derieri states with a bored tone as she places both of her hands behind her head. "How lame."

"Hey," Monspeet nearly whines at this. "Why don't we save the criticism for later?"

I nearly flinch when I see the burning fires come to life in Elizabeth's powerful blue eyes as she struggles to her feet with the sword's handle between her teeth.

"I must admit, Elizabeth, you truly are a great sin," the Commandment of Selflessness states and dips his head slightly. "You don't know how long I've waited for this moment to come. I can't forget my humiliating defeat in Danafor. Unfortunately, by not finishing me off when you had the chance, you doomed yourself and those around you. Neither Dreyfus nor Hendrickson's lives would have changed so drastically if you'd seized the opportunity."

"Fraudrin?" I call out when I see his Commandment mark fade away from his face.

"I hear you, Lady Elizabeth," he speaks softly with a different voice as a single tear slides down his face. "Stand down now! Starbreaker!"

"She nearly had him," I hum in amusement. "Fraudrin's hold on this particular Human is not as strong as I thought it was."

"You brought this on yourself the moment you decided to stand with the Humans," the Commandment of Repose says as he whirls his hand around in a circular motion to bring forth his weapon. "Spirit Spirit Basquias First Configuration, Basquias!"

Squinting my eyes slightly so that I can see better, I watch as the first Fairy King aims his Sacred Treasure straight at Elizabeth and then releases his hold on it. The moment it comes into contact with Elizabeth, it sends a gigantic wave of magic everywhere.

"Elder sister Elizabeth," I speak loudly so everyone can hear, "upon your death, the first part of our revenge will be realised. If it hadn't been for you, we would have never been subjected to such humiliation. With the betrayal you carried out, the Demon race turned out to be casualties of war."

My eyes widen in shock when I see my older sister chuckle softly and then suddenly grab her weapon from beside her with a single hand, causing a tremendous whirlwind of her powerful magic to form around her and spread all over.

"This isn't looking good for us," Monspeet notes and quickly shields Derieri with his white cloak.

"Damn it all!" Fraudrin yells in frustration as the winds around us grow even stronger. "Are we going to be defeated by this traitor yet again?"

"Revenge Counter!" Elizabeth cries out with everything she has as she draws back her sword to attack us but I swiftly make my way to her.

Just as she brings forth her weapon, I stand right in front of her and raise a hand to hold the tip of her sword between my index finger and thumb and immediately the whirlwind of magic around all of us disappears. 

"Easy there now," I say to her quietly and Elizabeth's silver eyelashes flutter several times, either in shock or exhaustion.

Once I let go of her sword, the Dragon Sin of Wrath drops it beside her and then slowly falls to the ground on her back, her body absolutely wrecked with terrible bruises and cuts and an arm missing.

"You possess the Commandment of Benevolence as well," my sister just manages to choke out the words as she stares up at me with a weak gaze. "How interesting."

"Wait, I don't understand," I hear Gloxinia whisper from behind me. "How the hell did (Y/n) get the Commandment of Benevolence?"

"The Demon Queen bestowed it upon me after her only son died," I explain to everyone as I press a foot down on Elizabeth's chest. "I'm not only the Commandment of Piety but also the Commandment of Benevolence."

"You knew about this," Monspeet says almost accusingly. "Didn't you, Grayroad?"

"I did," she responds simply. "The Demon Queen ordered me to be there whilst (Y/n) absorbed the Commandment of Benevolence in case there were any complications. But (Y/n) absorbed it just as easily as she absorbed the Commandment of Piety. As expected of the leader of the Ten Commandments."

"Enough," I growl and Elizabeth lets out a pained cry when my foot digs deeper into her chest. "What matters right now is that the former leader of the Ten Commandments is here with us, trapped and rendered useless."

"I'm glad to see...that raging anger still...within you," Elizabeth says slowly as blood oozes out of her mouth.

"And why is that?" I question with a snarl.

"Because that means...once you kill me...you'll focus all that anger on...our dear old mother," Elizabeth answers with a tiny smirk.

Fingers twitching dangerously, I open my mouth to say something but the Commandment of Faith speaks behind me, "For a moment there I was worried about what might happen. Excellent work, (Y/n). Gloxinia, I need a favour. You think you could fix my body?"

"Well, I suppose so," Gloxinia says reluctantly. "But then I'll need to stop using Droplet of Life for a while. Spirit Spirit Basquias Seventh Configuration, Moon Rose: Droplet of Life!"

"Listen (Y/n)," Derieri says gently as I hear Melascula being healed behind me. "Bottom line, are you sure about this?"

"I've sensed a strange gaze focused on us for a while now," Monspeet cuts in. "Most likely it's the rest of Elizabeth's group. Is it wise to leave them unsupervised? I'm not sure."

I turn slightly to see the Commandment of Patience destroy a mass of rocks simply by raising his hand and I narrow my eyebrows in confusion when we see nothing within. 

"Looks like they got away," Gloxinia tells us once he gets a closer look.

Good; that means the youngest son of the Supreme Deity is safe, away from all of us.

"The Seven Deadly Sins," I murmur as I look back down at my older sister. "Your new team of fighters, Elizabeth. In time, will you betray them as well? You were the once sworn leader of the Commandments yet you deserted us without a thought."

This is very dangerous since there might be a small chance that Zeldris will regain his memories but I'm hoping what I say right now won't trigger anything. And my need to reveal everything about my older sister in front of her comrades who are most likely watching everything from elsewhere is starting to get out of control.

"Such brutal strength and callousness," I hiss with disgust. "What you did back then was quite devasting. Everybody recognised you as the one most likely to become the next Demon ruler. We were each helpless against the Goddess race but they feared you and would avoid you at all costs. You were—"

Biting into my bottom lip with frustration, Elizabeth whispers, "(Y/n)."

"I looked up to you," I admit quietly and there's a glimmer of shock in her beautiful blue eyes. "You were—But then, unexpectedly, you betrayed us. You wreaked havoc on the Demon realm and then you vanished, after murdering two of the Commandments who were with you. And you weren't there for us when our brother was killed by that damn Archangel Mael."

Instead of coming back to us, instead of coming back home, she stayed with her lover and did absolutely nothing when our brother's blood was spilled. And I'll never forgive her for that.

"The balance maintained between the Demon race and the Goddess race was instantly shattered because of you," I say as I clench my hands into fists. "Seizing the opportunity, the Goddess race insighted the other races to eliminate our kind once and for all. It was you who started that war 3,000 years ago."

"(Y/n)," Elizabeth begs but then gasps in pain when I shift my foot to press down on her shoulder as well. 

"And what about this new group of yours?" I question with a nasty smile. "When do you plan to stab them in the back? Will you slaughter them or make them watch as you destroy everything they love?"

"Meliodas, I'm sorry," she suddenly says with a strained voice. "Please forgive me, Meliodas."

"You little—" I let out an annoyed growl and remove my foot.

"You should let me be the one to finish off Elizabeth," Melascula abruptly says near me. "As you saw, those friends of hers really did a number on me and I feel she should take responsibility for their actions."

"That was your own fault," Gloxinia mutters to her and carefully places a hand on my shoulder. 

"Make it painful," I add, shrugging off Gloxinia's hand as Melascula immediately starts to chant an ancient spell to retrieve my sister's soul.

"Come now, why are you resisting it?" Melascula asks Elizabeth when she begins to fight back. "I happen to be a specialist, an expert on manipulating the souls of the dead. Extracting your soul when you're immobilised is child's play for someone like me. Soul Invitation!"

Once again, I nearly recoil when some of my older sister's bright soul leaves through her open mouth and her body starts to visibly struggle, losing control.

"So Elizabeth, any last words before I taste your soul?" Melascula questions.

I slap a hand over my mouth when the Commandment's head is unexpectedly twisted upside down and she spits out blood.

"Sorry, what was that?" the newcomer asks with his large hands holding Melascula's tiny head. "You're mumbling. Say goodbye. Fox Hunt!"

"The Fox Sin of Greed," I whisper when he starts to destroy five of Melascula's hearts. "Also known as Undead Ban."

"You moron," my older sister coughs. "Why did you...come here?"

"Who're you calling a moron?" the Human retorts. "Don't try to look like the only cool guy out here."

"I am though," Elizabeth argues with a soft smile. "And you're a colossal moron."

I still when I hear this warm exchange since these are similar words my sister once said to me.

You're a fool if you think you can take on a Goddess by yourself.

A fool? Then what the hell are you, older sister? You go out every single day to fight entire battalions of Goddesses.

If you're a fool, then I'm the greatest fool of all.

Something within me snaps when I see the Fox Sin of Greed help the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen to her feet.

"Enough," I breathe and dart forward with my sword in my hand.

"(Y/n)," Elizabeth gags when my sword easily enters her weakened chest and destroys one of her seven hearts.

"Fox Hunt!" I hear the Human behind me cry out but then make a small sound of pain which means my Commandment has taken effect on him. 

"Second heart," I murmur when I thrust my dagger into her second heart. 

"I won't let you do this!" Elizabeth's comrade shouts and wraps his arms around my neck but they do absolutely nothing to me. "Stupid Demon bastard, I won't let you murder her!"

"You're scared," Elizabeth says to me and I quickly pull out my dagger and stab it into her third heart.

"Shut up," I growl and pull out my dagger again.

"You're weak," she goes on.

"Hunter Fest!" the Human yells and I can feel him obtain a great deal of magic but it still does nothing to stop me. "Stop it, that's enough!"

Fourth heart destroyed.

"But...you have love...to become stronger," Elizabeth whispers.

"Love? From you?" I spit out and my entire body starts to shake with rage.

Fifth heart destroyed.

"From...your best friend," she answers quietly.

My hand stops in the air for a second but I quickly shake my head and thrust my dagger into her sixth heart, her second last heart.

"Love will get you killed," I seethe as I yank out my dagger once again. "Look where it's gotten you, older sister."

"You...love him," the one who betrayed me insists. "Always have. Don't...try...to run."

"There is no room for love in my hearts," I snap in response to her blabbering and slowly raise my dagger in the air, readying myself to destroy her final heart. "There never has and there never will be."

"Then...why...did...you...accept...him?" Elizabeth questions but she's starting to speak much more slowly and quietly, the life leaving her usual bright blue eyes. "Why...haven't...you...let...go...of...him?"

Screaming, I finally plunge my dagger into my older sister's last beating heart and I can hear the Fox Sin of Greed crying out in horror but I ignore him and allow myself to watch Elizabeth's blue eyes become hazy.

"Enough with your snivelling," I choke out and feel the Human immediately explode. "It's done; Elizabeth's dead."

Someone speaks up, "(Y/n)—"

"Fraudrin, you'll have to tell me more about the Kingdom of Camelot," I interrupt whoever spoke as I pull out the sword and dagger from Elizabeth's unmoving body. "So you're coming with me."

"(Y/n), wait—"

"We move out," I say coldly, standing up and slowly turning around, my gaze still focused on the gravel ground. "Right now. But first, there's something I have to do."

"(Y/n)—"

"Move it," I snarl and the other Commandments stay still for a few seconds before heading out, each one of them hesitantly looking over at me as they leave.

Once they're all gone, I kneel down beside Elizabeth's body, place my hand on her pale forehead and then drag my hand over her eyelids to close them.

"When you come back," I say ever so quietly as my warm fingers trail over her cold cheeks, "you better remember what you said to me."

━━ 🌹 ━━

My stupid, scared ass has been hiding behind the trees for ten minutes now since I'm absolutely terrified to make any move on the youngest son of the Supreme Deity who's cleaning his hands in a small lake he just found.

After I left behind Elizabeth, because I knew her comrades would come to get her, I went straight to the Kingdom of Camelot to make sure everything was in order with Fraudrin and then quickly came back to find Zeldris. But what greeted me when I reached completely wrecked me; Zeldris crying his heart out for my older sister.

Just as I'm about to take my leave, I step on a wooden branch and then panic when I hear Zeldris call out, "Is someone there? Is that you, Meliodas?"

"Afraid not," I whisper and then squeal when he suddenly appears around one of the trees.

"You," he breathes but his arms around his sides visibly tighten the next second. "How could you have—Why did you—"

"I had to," I say weakly and I immediately want to slap myself for saying that because that's the wrong thing to say to him.

"Had to?" Zeldris suddenly yells, his emerald green eyes trembling with not only fear but anger as well. "What the hell forced you to kill your older sister? Your own sister?"

"You won't understand," I say firmly and straighten my back.

"Oh really?" Zeldris says bitterly and then lets go of his sides slowly. "Do tell me then, (Y/n), leader of the Ten Commandments."

I grimace at this awful title, shaking my head. "I never meant for you to find out like this but—"

"But what?" Zeldris snaps quickly. "You lied to me. Just say it. You wanted to become a great soldier so that you could meet the Seven Deadly Sins? Lie. You were a mere citizen from the Kingdom of Camelot? Lie. You—"

"I am a Demon who serves the Demon Queen," I say darkly as I walk over to him and then tower over him. "I possess two Commandments which makes me much stronger than any of my comrades, than any other Demon. I am the youngest child who lost both of her siblings when one of them was killed and the other abandoned her. Is that what you wanted to hear, Prince Zeldris of Liones?"

"You're so broken," he says quietly with a conflicted expression on his gorgeous face. "And I so badly want to fix you. But I have no clue how to."

"I am not broken," I growl and instinctively grab the front of his shirt to bring him closer to me. "I am not a pathetic piece of glass that needs to be connected with everyone else. Don't you dare look down on me."

"I'm not," Zeldris says calmly as a gentle breeze passes through. "I'm just looking out for you, (Y/n)."

"Looking out for me?" I bark out a laugh and then roughly slam him against one of the trees. "And why the hell would you do that? Do you have any idea what I could do to you, Prince?"

"You know, you didn't lie about one thing," my best friend breathes. "Your name. And I still stand by what I said; it's a beautiful name."

"Now look who's lying," I say with a savage tone and then freeze when he gently touches my hand that's still holding onto his shirt. "What the hell are you—"

"I know you're hurting," the Goddess murmurs as he places his entire hand over mine. "But whatever Elizabeth did to you, it's all in the past. You need to move forward—"

I rip my hand away from his and start walking off. "Like hell I'll do that."

My feet stop moving when the youngest son of the Supreme Deity suddenly presses his forehead against my back, right under my neck between my shoulder blades.

"Then please stay," he begs. "Just for five minutes."

"I can't—"

"You lost your older sister," he whispers and hesitantly holds onto my sleeve. "And I just lost one of my closest friends."

Before I can do anything, my hearts break when I feel cold tears on my back so I stay very still and allow my best friend to grieve.

"You should kill me," I blurt out. "Why haven't you tried to?"

"Ignoring all of the obvious reasons," Zeldris says with a croaky voice. "It's because I think you deserve to be saved, (Y/n)."

"Liar," I say quietly and then turn around when I feel him move away.

"I may be a Human but that doesn't mean I can't try," Zeldris says determinedly, rubbing at his eyes as he starts to make his way back.

"Stay out of our way, Prince Zeldris," I warn him as I cross my arms. "Or the Ten Commandments and I won't hesitate to kill you."

"Whatever you went through over 3,000 years ago, whoever hurt you, whoever broke the promises they made to you, it no longer matters," he says as he comes to a stop. "I'll help you get through all of the pain, to stand back on your feet once again, (Y/n)."

Snorting softly, I say, "Don't make promises you can't keep—"

"The two of us are drowning and are trying our best to protect those we care about," Zeldris states and my entire world explodes when he slowly turns around to fix his searing emerald eyes on me. "But I'm offering my hand to change that. So, are you going to take it or not?"

━━ 🌹 ━━

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.1K 271 30
In the Beginning, Chaos created The Goddess, Demons, Fairies and Giants. All was good in the land until Chaos created the humans, the race closest to...
112K 2.5K 12
(Y/n) went to a party with her friends, unluckily on the same night the Ten Commandments escaped their 3000 year old prison! She wakes up at her home...
246K 5.8K 51
[Y/N], a member of the goddess race and sister to the dear Sariel of the four archangels. Zeldris, the son of the demon king and the enemy. A kind, c...
123K 2.8K 30
Tangled in a web of torment, Caught in the middle of a raging war, Cursed to atone for her sins, She was forgotten, betrayed, and hated For saving th...