Flames Between Us (bxb) | ✔

By dreammcatcher

Sequel to Eat The Rich After his court case, Micah attempts to regain his livelihood with the help of Weston... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue - The Question
Epilogue - Surprise
Bonus Chapter: Micah tops Weston and they try exhibitionism
Bonus Chapter: The Passionate Honeymoon
Bonus Chapter: Weston and Micah in five years time
Untamed - New BxB Story

Chapter Twenty

3.6K 256 25
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

Mondays seemed depressing when the weather outside was torrential. My office door was open, watching as people walk in with dripping umbrellas and wet coats. Leaving a trail of damp floor throughout the office.

I sigh and look directly out the window, an array of grey clouds scattering the sky. Thick rain pouring down on London town, the sound of horns blaring at each other.

Not even wanting to imagine how busy the roads were currently.

My wrist flicks up to look at the time, it was past nine o'clock and most people were currently in the office and at their computers already.

I had a meeting in twenty minutes which I had already prepared for. Theo was assisting me to pitch a new idea for an event in the summer, our biggest one to date. I knew for a fact I would be bringing Micah in to help for this one but we needed the foundations first before we started working on it.

Pushing up from my desk chair and walking through the office towards Micah and Theo's desk, my eyes narrow when I notice that neither of them were there. Theo's desk had a coffee placed down by the keyboard and a brown splodge of split liquids beside the mouse.

Lauren and Abi smile towards me as I approach their desks. "Where is Micah and Theo?" I ask instantly.

"Theo's just in the bathroom," Lauren explains. "Spilt his coffee like an idiot. Not sure about Micah though."

I breathe out silently as I loop around their desks and glance over at Micah's. His chair was neatly tucked underneath, his mouse or keyboard in perfect position and no bag on the floor.

My throat clears as I dig out my phone instantly and click on Micah's contact. "Can you tell Theo to come to my office when he's done?" I direct to Lauren.

"Sure thing," she nods as she taps away at her keyboard.

"Thanks," I say. "Have a good day guys."

"You too Weston," Abi smiles before taking a sip of her water bottle.

I avert my gaze back to my phone and click on the call button, raising to my ear as I stroll back over to my office. Listening to the dial tone ring and ring until it goes to voicemail.

My eyebrows pull down into a deep frown as I slide into my desk chair and touch the trackpad of my laptop. Instantly logging onto our online annual leave booking system, checking if Micah had booked the day off.

His calendar was clear, no days booked off.

I raise my hand to my chin and hum in confusion, maybe his alarm didn't go off?

But he is never late for work. Never.

"You wanted me?" Theo's voice stirs me from my thoughts as I look up at him.

My eyes instantly gravitating the brown stain on his blue shirt. "You need a bib," I joke and Theo laughs in return.

"True," he shrugs.

"Have you heard from Micah at all?" I question as Theo walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Oh yeah!" He breathes out harshly like he forgot to mention something important.

"What?" I lean forward onto my desk with my elbows.

Theo digs through his trouser pocket for his phone as he flicks through his messages. "Valentina text me this morning to say that Micah isn't very well," he speaks as his eyes read through the words on the screen.

"He's unwell?" I repeat.

He hums in response. "That's what she said."

"What's wrong with him?"

Theo shrugs and locks his phone, shoving it back into his pocket. "I don't know, says something about a stomach bug," he tells me. "Just said he wouldn't be coming in today."

"Could you give me a moment?" I question as I grip my phone between my fingers.

"Sure," he nods curtly. "I'll meet you in the boardroom in fifteen?"

"Yeah," I nod before clicking onto Micah's number again.

I watch Theo leave my office as I listen to the dial tone, praying that he picks up so that I could know he was okay.

When it goes straight to voicemail I curse to myself and ponder for a moment, concerned that something serious might be up and he's by himself.

Without a second thought I click onto Darryl's name and instantly raise it to my ear, he answers on the fourth ring.

"Mr Locke," he answers politely.

"Hi Darryl," I lean back into my chair. "Please could you do me a favour and go and check that Micah is okay?"

"Of course sir," he replies. "Is something wrong?"

"He's not feeling well," I explain. "Could you stop off and get some medicine, a bottle of Lucozade and some snacks?"

"Of course sir," he says again. "Any snacks in particular?"

I hum in response. "Some cool original doritos, those Aero chocolate balls and some peppermint tea please."

"No worries Mr Locke," he tells me instantly. "I'll head over there now."

"Thank you Darryl, please let me know once you've seen him?"

"Yes I'll call straight away sir."

"Great, thank you." I say before hanging up the call.

Collecting my belongings to go into the boardroom, I know that I needed to focus during the meeting. This pitch is important for the company and our next steps in networking with international clients.

I couldn't help my mind wander as I thought about Micah, my stomach churning at the thought of him in bed alone, being sick and having no one to support him.

All I wanted was to hear that he was okay.

He hadn't even dropped me a text or tried to call me back, that's how I knew he must be in a bad way.

Silently I huff in my brain and attempt to listen to the ideas being pitched in front of me, trying to take down as many notes as possible. I glance over at Theo and pray that he picks up on everything so that I don't have to ask a million and one questions after.

Two hours later the meeting finally commenced, small talk on the way out but I was eager to get back to my office to give Darryl another call. Noticing that he had called me twice during the meeting.

He answers almost instantly.

"Mr Locke," he greets.

"How is he?" I question as I attempt to loosen my tie, my eyes looking out at the gloomy day again. "Did you see him?"

"He doesn't look too good sir," he admits carefully. "He's got some kind of stomach bug he said, he said he's okay but it's quite obvious he isn't."

I chew on my lip and sigh. "Did you give him the care package?"

"Yes sir," he tells me.

"Okay, thanks a lot Darryl. Will you meet me outside the office in twenty?"

"Right away."

"See you then," I say as I disconnect the call.

Fred steps into my office and raises his knuckles to the wooden door. "Knock, knock," he says out loud.

"Hi," I say as I turn my attention towards him.

"Are you alright?" He asks sincerely. "You seemed distant in the meeting."

I shake my head instantly. "Micah's not well and I'm concerned," I tell him straight. "I'm going to pop over there in a moment to check on him, can you cover for a couple hours?"

"Sure," Fred nods. "It's been quiet today anyway."

"Thanks," I say gratefully as I collect my belongings into my bag.

"Hope he feels better," Fred says as he offers me a smile.

"Thanks Fred," I say as I watch him leave my office.

Darryl arrives on the dot and I take my things down to meet him at the front of the building. The rain had just about stopped but the traffic said otherwise, not realising that my knee was jigging as I stared out the window. My phone rotating in my hand in anticipation.

When we pull up outside Micah's apartment block, I thank Darryl and race up to his door. Fishing in my pockets for my keys, remembering that I had a key to his apartment on my keyring.

Opening the door and taking a step in. "Micah?" I call out instantly, not wanting to startle him.

I hear nothing for a second before a small groan echoes in my ear, followed by splashing of water. Shutting the door behind me as I reach for a bottle of water that was sat on his kitchen counter, I follow the noise to the bathroom which was slightly a jar.

"Micah?" I call out again.

As I push open the door I look down to Micah as he slumps against the floor, his skin pale as a vampire and his blue and purple veins evident against his face.

His eyes were heavy, full of thick bags and tiredness.

His stomach gurgles and he wipes his mouth as he looks up at me, his eyes looking lost and sad.

"Shit," I murmur as I take a step closer to him.

"No," he heaves out as he holds his palms towards me. "Don't come near me."

"Micah," I tell him sternly.

"I'm ill," he slurs with a shake of his head. "I don't want to make you ill."

"Micah I couldn't give a shit," I say quickly.

His lips wobble as two tears escape his eyes, he was in so much pain. It was evident and seeing him like this tore me in two. "Y-You need to work," he grumbles out.

"I don't care about that right now," I shake my head at him. "I care about you."

His stomach churns again and he lets up a small gag, holding his head over the toilet as liquid pours from his mouth.

I take a step forward and catch his body as he falls back into my arms, slumping against my chest as I sink to the floor. "West," he moans painfully. "I'm going to make you-u ill, you need to leave."

"Not happening," I say seriously as I take the bottle that was in my hands and hold it up to his lips. "Take slow and steady sips."

"I-I can't keep anything down," he whines, his throat clenching.

"Well you need to drink something," I instruct. "You're dehydrated and you can make yourself seriously ill if you don't try and drink."

Micah huffs and latches his mouth around the bottle, taking a small sip. He detaches his mouth and sighs. "I feel awful," he tells me, sounding like his nose was blocked.

"I know," I frown as I press a kiss to the back of his head, wrapping my arms around his warm body. "How long have you been like this?"

He shrugs and rests his head back onto my shoulder. "Half an hour maybe," he tells me.

"Do you need to be sick again?"

"Maybe."

I close my eyes and kiss his head over and over. "Do you want to try and get into bed and I can find a bin for you to be sick in?"

Micah groans and shakes his head.

"It'll be so much more comfortable than the floor," I whisper gently.

"Nothing feels right," he sighs sadly.

"I know," I say softly. "But I can try and make things better for you. Will you let me?"

"W-Wash your hands," he says between parted breaths.

My lips quirk up into a smile at his words. "Okay, can I put you in bed first?"

Micah hums and I nod back to him. Adjusting him in my arms as I pick him up from the floor and walk him towards his bedroom.

Laying him down on his messy duvet. "Do you want to be in or out of the covers?"

"I'm hot and cold," he sighs as he grips onto the sheets.

I lean forward and press a hand to his forehead, his skin was beyond scalding. "You don't need the covers," I tell him. "You'll overheat."

Micah shivers and I instantly feel bad but something bad could happen if he buried himself within the sheets.

Placing the bottle down onto his bedside table as I run to the bathroom to wash my hands quickly.

I could hear Micah mumble something from the other room but I couldn't understand what he was saying. "What's the matter?" I ask as I peek my head around his door.

"B-Bucket," he heaves out. "Bucket now."

"Shit," I mumble out as I run towards the kitchen to find something for Micah to throw up in. "Shit, shit."

I rip open one of the cupboard doors and grab the nearest large bowl I could find. "That'll do," I tell myself before running back over to Micah.

His head was hung over the edge of the bed, heaving. "Here," I say as I place the bowl into his hands.

Instantly he leans up and holds his head over the bowl, within a second liquid pours into the china bowl as he chokes out. "You got this," I tell him as I perch on the bed beside him and gently rub his back.

Micah groans and holds his head back, eyes closing in the process. "I'm so sorry," he groans as he drops his head to my shoulder.

"You don't need to apologise," I tell him seriously. "I just didn't want you to be alone."

His lips turn up into a frown as my hands grip onto the bowl to place down to the floor before he spilt it everywhere.

"Did you get Darryl to come over?" He pants weakly.

"Yeah," I say quietly.

Micah's lips curve for a split second. "You're sweet," he tells me. "I'm really grateful."

"I know you are," I say as I press a kiss to his forehead.

"Do you need to go back to work?" He asks quietly.

"After lunch, yes."

"Are you staying with me until then?"

"Yes."

Micah's lips curve into a smile before he winces again, his hand gravitating to his stomach. "Thank you," he breathes out gently. "For being here."

"I wouldn't be anywhere else."

. . .

Read up to chapter 27 on Patreon
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Hello my loves, I hope you enjoyed this cute lil chapter. Weston is such a babe, I adore him sooo much

I remember when I had a stomach bug once for about 7 days and holy shit, I thought I was going to die it was awful. Couldn't even keep water down, so tragic hahah

Hope everyone who celebrates Christmas has a fabulous day with your family and friends and those who don't celebrate, hope you have a wonderful weekend regardless!

See you guys on the next one, love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: savanna.rose.x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 75.4K 40
Christian has finally done it. Made things official. But it wouldn't really be their love story if one of their families didn't cut that budding, lo...
397K 20.7K 57
This story starts out with me in jail... and ends with me in jail. But that's sort of suitable for a story about myself, is it not? This is more or l...
166K 6.1K 52
"So," He grabbed the hand covering my face, moving it out of the way. "You saw, didn't you?" I stumbled out of my chair, backing away from him. "I-I...
379K 17.8K 51
Ash is a fashion model, not by choice but the desire of his projecting mother. People think he's too cocky for his own good, judging him based on wha...