The Burning Truth-Peace

By Elisedeluxe

Water, earth, fire, air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when... More

Prologue~Air Bending Master Fujimora
Part 1~Fire Prince
Part 2~Think this Through
Part 3~The Test
Part 4~Zhao
Part 5~Challenge
Part 6~Coward
Part 7~Burning
Part 8~Spies
Part 9~Destiny
Part 10~Avatar
Part 11~Bison
Part 12~Pickle
Part 13~Unagi
Part 14~Kyoshi
Part 15~Suki
Part 16~Cave
Part 17~Hajime
Part 18~Katara
Part 19~Noticeable
Part 20~Cabbages
Part 21~Leaf
Part 23~Bumi
Part 24~Sun Warriors
Part 25~Dragon
Part 26~Fuzzy
Part 27~Haru
Part 28~Tyro
Part 29~Coal
Part 30~Scar
Part 31~Fang
Part 32~Roku
Part 33~Shyu
Part 34~Himari
Part 35~Pirates
Part 36~Oh
Part 37~Jet
Part 38~Prejudice
Part 39~Sides
Part 40~Dam
Part 41~Compromise
Part 42~Zhang
Part 43~Gan Jin
Part 44~Five Years
Part 45~Herbalist
Part 46~Blue Spirit
Part 47~Calm Man
Part 48~Wu
Part 49~Bato
Part 50~Ice Dodging
Part 51~June
Part 52~Healing Water
Part 53~Teo
Part 54~Spirit
Part 55~Qin
Part 56~Genius
Part 57~Arnook
Part 58~Pakku
Part 59~Yue
Part 60~Battle
Part 61~Fireball
Part 62~Koi
Part 63~Moon
Part 64~Koh
Part 65~Tui
Epilogue~Peace
What To Read Next

Part 22~Suprise

19 1 0
By Elisedeluxe

Zuko jolted from his sleep, hearing the door open and a guard walk in. He glanced around, seeing that he was not where he had fallen asleep. It was dimly lit with a seemingly green tone.

Turning around in alarm, Zuko searched the room desperately. "Hachi?! Uncle?!" He turned around, glaring at the guard. In a second, his hands lit on fire and burst out at the guards. "Where are they?!"

Guard blocked the attack, glaring right back. "The king will free them if you complete your challenges."

"And if I fail?"

"He didn't say. Come." The guard led Zuko to the throne room, none of the others to be seen.

"First, Prince," the king started, crossing his arms. "What do you think of my new outfit? I want your honest opinion."

Zuko looked over the outfit. The purple outfit confused him. "It's fine?"

"Excellent! You passed the first test."

Zuko perked up. "Really?"

The king clamped his hands together. "Well, not one of the deadly tests. The real challenges are much more challenging."

Growling, Zuko blasted the two guards to the side, charging forward to the king. He bragged to the king, bringing a searing blaze close to the king's face. "I don't have time for your games! Give me my uncle back! Bring Hachi back! Bring them all back! We're leaving!"

The king chuckled, not caring in the slightest. "Oh, I thought you might refuse." The king motioned to the far wall, watching as the guard pushed the group in.

Isu struggled, kicking wildly as she was dragged by two guards compared to the other's single guard.

Zuko's expression softened, the fire dissipating. "Hachi!"

"So, I will give your friends some special souvenirs." The king nodded to the guards, watching as the guards slid rings onto each of the group's fingers.

The guard who tried to put one on Isu got a nasty surprise when she head-butted him but they eventually got it on.

"Those delightful rings are made of pure jennamite, also known as creeping crystal. It's a crystal that grows remarkably fast. By nightfall, your friends will be completely covered in it. Terrible thing, really. I can stop it, but only if you cooperate."

Zuko turned to face Hachi, watching the ring glow and crawl to cover more of his hand. "No! Stop it! I'll do what you want!"

The king smirked before bursting into a smile. "Great. Let's start."

~~~

Zuko stared at the waterfall, seeing a ladder inside it much to his confusion. The king had the others on a balcony that was cut into the rock. The creeping rock had encased half their arm though Isu was still being restrained by some guards who were starting to get tired of stopping her from escaping.

"It seems, I've lost my lunch box key and I'm hungry. Ooh, there it is!" The king pointed inside the waterfall to the dangling piece of rope. "Would you mind fetching it for me?"

Growling, Zuko jumped into the water, climbing up the ladder despite the building pressure.

"Ooh, climbing the ladder. No one's thought of that before."

Snickering, Hachi smirked. "You've never trialled Zuko before."

Zuko glared at the water, lifting himself higher and higher before grabbing the key and falling back down. Dragging himself out of the water, Zuko glared at the king. "There. Got it."

The king stared at him in shock. "How did...? What?"

Isu giggled, her foot in one guard's eyes despite her arms being pulled behind her. "Zuko might not be the best Firebender but his pure strength is not to be ignored. Now let us go!"

Shaking his head, the king grinned. "Ah, not yet. I need help with another matter. It seems I've lost my pet, Flopsie."

~~~

Zuko turned around the pit, looking around for the pet. "Bug. Bug. Rabbit. Bug. Bug." Zuko stopped, turning back to the rabbit. "Are you Flopsie?" He knelt down in front of the rabbit that stared back up at him. Shrugging his shoulder, he picked up the rabbit and continued the search for anything that could be considered a pet.

The king tapped, waiting to hear back from Zuko. Much to the guards' relief, Isu was covered to her shoulders, stopping her from fighting back against them.

"I wonder what's taking him so long. Better hope he hasn't left you." The king grinned despite the glare that was sent right back at him.

Sokka shook his head. "He isn't going to leave us."

"Is that so? Then when is he?"

Iroh looked out into the pit, a smile on his face. "There he is."

Zuko dumped down the glass cage, a couple bugs hopping and climbing out. "Right, we have seventy bugs, three bunnies, one rabbit and one monster. Which is yours?" Zuko turned back to the king, holding out the animals.

The king stared in shock as the gigantic goat gorilla creature bounced over to him. "Flopsie! Good boy. Yes, who has a soft belly?" The king stroked Flopsie's stomach as Zuko held the small one week old bunnies he had found.

"Can I keep them?"

~~~

Zuko looked around the Earthbending arena. He glanced at Hachi, the crystals had covered most of his body only leaving his face uncovered. The small rabbits were standing on the group's head, nibbling at seemingly nothing.

"Your final test is a duel. And as a special treat, you may choose your opponent." Two tough-looking men came out, standing next to the king.

Zuko looked between them, pausing as he pointed to the king. "How about you?"

Laughing, the king stood up. "Wrong choice." Taking off his outer robe, he jumped off the balcony and landed in the arena. "You thought I was a frail old man, an easy target, but I'm the most powerful Earthbender you'll ever see."

Zuko shrugged. "Actually, I didn't think you were an easy target, I just don't like kings sending in their men to do the fighting for them." Zuko spread his legs, getting into a fighting stance.

The king pulled rocks out of the ground, throwing them at Zuko who hit each one into pieces.

"Oh, is that your plan, punch until you win. I hoped the Prince would be smarter." Attacking more, the king tried to get the upper hand but Zuko just hit back each one. "Don't you have any surprises for me? Sooner or later you won't be able to hit back!"

Zuko smirked as the king threw more rocks. Zuko kept with his style, not getting any better.

Annoyed, the king pulled two massive boulders closer to squash Zuko. Just as they were about to collide, Zuko popped out the top, carried by an air jet. Landing clumsily to the side, Zuko pushed himself up.

Pulling a part of the wall out, the king held it above his head. Yelping, Zuko planted his feet into the ground. Growling, he blasted through the rock, keeping it in place.

Hachi gasped, his eyes widening with worry. "Zuko!"

Zuko glanced at Hachi, his heart pounding as his eyes lit up in a bright light. Power surrounded him, lifting him in the air and smashing the boulder into pieces. He slammed the king against the back wall, fluttering above him. "I've won so release my friends."

Laughing, the king jumped past him, landing on the balcony. "Well done, Avatar. You fight with much fire in your heart."

Zuko slowly powered down, stumbling a little from the lack of energy left.

"You've passed all my tests, now you must answer one question."

Zuko glanced up through his dishevelled hair. "What is it?"

"What is my name? From the looks of your friends, I'd say you only have a few minutes left." The king walked away as Zuko rushed to his friend's side, just thankful he wasn't stopped.

Groaning, Zuko hit his head against the crystal covering Hachi."How am I supposed to know his name?"

"Maybe it's something to do with the trials. Like a riddle?" Hachi wished he could hug Zuko but could barely even move his face.

"I got it!" The group turned to Sokka who had a proud grin on his face. "He's an Earthbender, right? Rocky. You know, because of all the rocks."

Coughing, Iroh gave Sokka a kind smile. "We're going to keep try but that is a good backup."

Rolling her eyes, Isu turned to Zuko. "Think back to the challenges. You got a key, a pet and fought a duel. Anything unusual about them."

Zuko shook his head. "No, but I don't think I acted in the way he wanted."

"And?"

"I have no clue."

Isu sighed, closing her eyes. "Wait... he wasn't surprised you were the avatar. He knew from the start."

Katara tilted her head as much as she could. "So?"

"I know his name."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 457 40
| zuko {a:tla} 2 the dual bender is long gone the fire prince as well - in which the dual bender has to try and find a way back home after everyone...
803K 17.3K 65
Guys, I love you, but stop reading this story. It's poorly written. I am slowly uploading the revision version on the account herewerock. You will fi...
957 49 8
Water Earth Fire Air My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes...