His Bride

By Nayakhicoshi

Thieves in Law Series ††† Everiss desperately crashed her ex-boyfriend's wed... More

Disclaimer
Prologue 1
Prologue 2
1| Version 2.0
2| Toothpaste Model
3| A day in a Vet
4| Bride candidate
5| Mufasa
6| Night Visit
7| Orchids
8| Numb
9| Missing Person
10| Make it Worse
11| Jorville Mansion
12| Russians
13| Whine
14| Desparate Criminal
16| Katarina
17| Hood
18| Silence
19| Meatballs
20| Engagement
21|Cuffs
22| Bodyguards

15| Desperate Criminal II

806 62 12
By Nayakhicoshi

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Nadya pushed me into an archway and hallways dotted with Renaissance paintings, mostly of aristocratic men in red royal penguin-like uniforms, with artistic peruke, a wig for men with curls on the sides that framed their oblong faces. Some are simply posing on thrones or in rooms with their wives, brothers, and children. A few are with their lovers.

I even saw King Henry with his wives as well, surrounding him like vipers as he sat in a golden chair with a regal look.

This house — sorry, my bad — mansion does nothing but scream luxury and elegance. At sinabi ni Kazmus na hindi siya nabubuhay sa yaman niya. If he's being humble, then I'll give him that.

Pero may isang bagay akong napansin sa bawat pinapasukan naming pasilyo. There are one to two paintings of Jesus and Mary. Para sa mga kriminal, hindi ko lubos akalain na may pananampalataya pa rin sila.

Huminto kami sa tapat ng black oak double door with intricate designs. Mas kapansin-pansin dito ang malaking eight-pointed star na nakaukit sa magkabilang pintuan. There are Russian words carved onto them, which I didn't understand.

Saglit akong iniwan ni Nadya para itulak pabukas ang dalawang pintuan at ipirmi sa magkabilang gilid. She stepped aside, allowing me to take in the grandiose room.

Gold. Everything is elegant, from the wall linings and chandeliers I only see in period dramas, to the high ceilings and glass windows that overlook the garden. They matched the numerous couches arranged in front of the fireplace. The extensive bookshelves on either side reached all the way to the room's corners and were filled with hardbound books in black, brown, green, and red.

Hindi ko namalayan na muli akong tinulak ni Nadya sa kulay maroon na carpet.

"Lord Kazmus."

Sa pagbanggit ni Nadya dito ay saka ko lang napansin si Kazmus na nakatalikod at nakaharap sa malaking bintana. His body turned to us, nodding to Nadya, who was silently backtracking to the door we came in, closing it as she stepped out, leaving me with Kazmus.

"I see she gave you a hard time," pansin ni Kazmus nang hindi ko sinasadyang huminga ng kaluwagan sa pag-alis ni Nadya.

"Para kong inagaw sakanya ang boyfriend niya," komento ko.

The corner of his lips curled up. Iniwan niya ang baso ng alak na hindi ko napansin na hawak niya sa lamesa bago lumapit sa akin.

"Forgive her character. She wasn't thrilled about a new woman in the house."

"May mga babae pa?" I don't know why I sounded like a paranoid, jealous girlfriend. At hindi iyon nakatakas sakanya base sa kislap ng mga mata at ngising pinipigilan.

"There are only three of them. The other two are helpers in the kitchen. You'll meet them soon."

Pumunta siya sa likuran ng wheelchair. I felt him grip the handle and gently pull the wheelchair, only to shift me in the direction of a room in the corner. It was the lightest shade of brown, almost gold but not quite.

"Just three?"

"Yes. Just three."

Gusto kong itanong kung bakit tatlo lang ang babae dito pero baka iba ang isipan niya. He's happy enough I am inquiring about them like I'm weighing the danger they pose.

"Saan mo ako dadalhin?" tanong ko.

"To my bedroom."

Katulad ni Nadya, saglit niya rin akong iniwan para buksan ang pintuan.

Wait, did he just say bedroom?!

Behind the door was another hallway. I made a mental note not to venture alone in this place.

Pero hindi ito katulad sa iba na mahahaba at magarbo. It was short and bare, like a secret passage of some sort. May pintuan sa dulo kung saan muling binuksan ni Kazmus bago ako maingat na tinulak papasok.

The first thing I saw was a massive bookshelf and a deep red carpet. As Kazmus pushed me deeper into the room, what appeared in my line of vision was the capacious dark bed in the center, three meters away from the door leading to the balcony, the windows covered by thick dark curtains cascading down to the floor. Hindi nito binigyan ng pagkakataon ang sinag ng araw na sumilip ng loob ng kwarto. Thanks to the lamp posts for the light. Lumunok ako nang makita ang ulo ng itim na toro na naka-display sa gilid ng bookshelf, kasama ang mga mahahabang buto ng hindi ko alam na specie.

Everything was dark and intense. Just like Kazmus. And it smelled like him; agarwood, whiskey, and vanilla.

Tinulak ako ni Kazmus malapit sa kama bago huminto. Pumunta ito sa harapan ko at bago ako buhatin pinigilan ko.

"Why am I here in your room?"

"Our room. Since you're my wife — "

"Hep!" Tinaas ko ang isang palad katulad sa 'stop sign'.

"Kailan pa ako pumayag na maging asawa mo?"

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay niya. He looked like he was contemplating it for a moment, then his expression softened, almost begging.

"Then be my wife?"

I stared at him. Long. Intense and hard.

Kazmus clenched his jaw.

"Fuck it!"

→→→

In the end, Kazmus moved me to the guest room with so much defeat and constraints in his movements. Nagdalawang isip pa siya kung ipapasok ako sa kwarto o ibabalik sa kwarto niya pero sa huli, nang may kasamang lenggwahe na makukulay, pinasok niya rin ako.

The room was a contrast to Kazmus'. White and green. The bed was smaller than his, but it could still accommodate three people. The velvet moss green curtains were gathered on either side of the glass windows, allowing natural light to shine through. The cream carpet matched the two single couches beside the window, and the glass coffee table stood between them. May sariling banyo, closet at bar counter ang kwarto. The bar has a half-empty whiskey bottle and two glasses are set to the side of the bar. It had looked abandoned for a long time, waiting to be consumed.

"This room looks dull."

Binalik ko ang tingin kay Kazmus na kung makalibot ng tingin sa kwarto ay parang grey ang kulay nito. Ayoko nang umalis dito sa kama matapos niya akong ilagay, the soft and bouncy bed was everything to me. The tight muscles in my back begged to be released. Rest, however, appeared to be out of the option for the time being, as the Russian crime lord refused to give up.

"I liked it."

"My room's better," bulong niya sapat para marinig ko.

Umiwas ako ng tingin, ang mga pisngi ay nagliyab sa suhestiyon sa tono niya. Clearing my throat, I shifted my bottom in bed. Kazmus stayed ignorant of this.

"Name the things you wanted to get from your home. My men will pick them up today."

"What do you mean, my things? I'm not going to stay here for long, and I never agreed to marry you!"

I saw the hurt spark in his eyes before they turned sharp. "It's for your safety. Married or not, the Palermo Mafia will come to you. Not until we know why they desperately seek you, I'm not going to leave you to your own devices. Not when I had already claimed you as my wife. The news had traveled across the organization, and I wasn't surprised if my brothers had heard of it as well."

My heart pounded in a good way, but it quickly turned into rage, just like his eyes shifted in the blink of an eye.

"Hindi na kailangan. Alam ko na kung bakit may masugid na mga Mafia na humahabol sa akin." Kinuyom ko ang mga kamao sa magkabilang gilid. I felt guilty for Drake's death, but upon knowing he was the reason my life had turned into a path I was avoiding, the guilt had turned into unfathomable rage.

Kazmus drew closer to me, his posture indicating that I should tell him everything. And I did.

"Hindi ko alam kung anong kasalanan ni Drake pero hindi ko dapat siya makikita noong gabi na iyon. They claimed that he chose me over their Capo for whatever reason. I witnessed his death and the murderer, and now they want me dead as well."

I don't know which is worst. Witnessing the murder of my ex or being hunted by the Mafias. Parang kahapon lang ang normal ng buhay ko, walang ibang iniisip kundi kung saan makakakita ng mangkukulam para parusahan si Drake at magsalba ng buhay ng mga hayop, ngayon buhay ko na ang pilit kong sinasalba. I couldn't taste or smell normalcy anymore. What I smell now is dread, nightmares, and more blood. Hindi ko nga lang masigurado kung malapit lang ba ang amoy. Para akong nasa isang dump site na sinusubukang sundan ang amoy ng patay na daga.

"Are you sure?"

That's not what I was expecting. His tone was hesitant.

"That's not what I mean," he clarified as if he realized his mistake. "The bastard, which I was glad he's dead, by the way. You said you witnessed his death and now they're after you?"

Tumango ako nang may pagdududa sa gusto niyang ituwid na daan.

"The Palermo Mafia were cruel. If someone witnessed their crime, whether an authority figure or a civilian, they would not hesitate to  shoot the witness dead, even if it was in public. You could have been killed that night if they wanted you dead. However, it appears that they are only interested in abducting you."

The wheels in my head turned. I could almost hear the churning and how badly they needed oil. Then something clicked. I stared at him.

"So, nandoon ka nga?" Tila bata na nahuling kumakain ng candy ang pagbilog ng mga mata niya. "YOU LIED — AAACKK!"

"What the hell are you doing?! Are you okay?"

Bahagya ko siyang tinulak sa dibdib nang maka-upo ako muli sa kama. All courtesy to Kazmus who quickly caught me when I fell.

Ha! Akala mo naman fairytale ang buhay ko. Kazmus doesn't even look like a prince — okay, he does, but not the one who sits on his throne, fanned by servants as he sips from his golden goblet, but the one who defies the King's order, leads the battle, and offers his life for his people. A prince who doesn't wear a crown but wears scars.

"I'm fine," I rasp, suddenly out of breath from our brief skin contact. As I inhale his enticing scent, something in my stomach flutters.

Naging amoy paksiw si Drake kaagad sa paningin ko. To think, I even worship his scent and sleep with it on.

"You should be careful. Your clumsiness is beginning to bother me."

Matalim agad ang mga mata ko. "Excuse me, Mr. Oh So Strong. Kung lampa ako nadampot na sana ako ng mga Palermo goons."

His lips curved in the corner, and his eyes danced with amusement with one eyebrow raised.

"Thank goodness they did not because I came to rescue you."

"Why did you lie? Sinama mo pa si Dashiel," mapait kong sabi.

Naupo siya sa tabi ko. Walang distansiya na akala mo close friend kami at wala sa bokabularyo namin ang space. Lumunok ako, ang init na nagmumula sa balat niya ay yumayakap sa akin.

Kazmus pretended to be oblivious to this. Alam kong sinasadya ng siraulo na ito ang ginagawa.

"We have to, Everiss. You have no idea what you've stepped into. If you had learned about us without me claiming you as my wife, you could have been dead that night. If not the Palermo, it would be the Brigadier, my brotherhood."

"When did you claim me?"

"That night, I had to. I'm sorry for putting you in more danger than you already were, but I did it to protect you."

"Why are you protecting me?"

My dark eyes met his golden ones. They were a whirlwind of emotions that I was afraid to unravel.

"I have decided to protect you because I want you to be my wife."

My mouth was open but no words formed to be heard.

His gaze landed on my parted lips, then on my eyes, then back on my lips again.

He's waiting.

Why is he waiting?

Then his phone decided to shatter our illusion.

Sumungit ang mukha niya na tila ito ang huli niyang inaasahan na mangyayari. He answered the call, his gazed fixed on me as he listened to whoever was on the other end of the line. All the emotions were wiped off his face, leaving him with nothing more than a clear whiteboard. Binulsa niya ang cellphone na tila walang nangyari pero malakas ang pakiramdam ko na kung ano man iyon, may kinalaman sa akin.

"Who is it? What did it say?"

"It's nothing." Umiwas siya ng tingin, pero hindi nakaligtas sa akin ang pagtiim ng bagang niya.

I knew something was off. All of his playful demeanor had turned back to the man who offered me protection in exchange for marrying him.

"Tungkol ba kay Candice?" I prob, feeling the dread clawing at my throat.

"It's not about her. I haven't heard anything from the men I sent to get her." Sa uri ng bigat ng pinakawalan niyang hininga, tiyak ko na mas mabigat pa dito ang problema. His shoulders sagged in defeat, and his forehead crinkled from stress. "Remember the ragtags I mentioned?"

Tumango ako. Nakamarka sa isipan ko lahat ng mga sinabi niya.

"What's with the Hood?"

"They want to meet you."

Pinanlakihan ako ng mga mata at nanigas sa pwesto. "B-bakit?"

"The words had traveled to them about you and they want to meet my wife."

"But..."

He sighed and looked at me, his eyes tired. "I know, Everiss, which is why I'm asking you again, please permit me to marry you."

It's not a question anymore. Kazmus is begging me to marry him. His knees twitch as if he's considering kneeling in front of me as well.

I bit my lower lip. Nakakaawa naman siya.

"No. Pake ko sa mga Hood? You spread fake news, and now karma comes biting your ass. It's your poop to flash, not mine."

Bumigay na nang tuluyan ang mga tuhod niya at hindi lang siya napaluhod kundi napadapa rin siya sa carpet. He turned his sharp gaze on me.

"Heartless! I should have killed you!"

I don't know. Despite the fact that his words were dripping with hatred, I felt a lack of credibility in them.

He may curse at me and threaten my life, but I know deep down that he will never lift a finger against me. Instead of fear, my stomach turns somersaults with excitement.

I'd like to see how Kazmus kills me.

I want your constructive criticism. What's your opinion on the story so far? Is it boring you? Slow-burn much? It's okay, I'll take whatever you say as long as it will improve me as a writer but hate is not welcome.

-naya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 2.5K 200
"Basta mag-level up pa ako ng 10 beses, maa-activate ko na ang Gene Lock. Sa oras na iyon, magagawa kong sirain ang makalangit na katawan na ito!" ...
518K 21.7K 80
She's heartless person, She can kill you without blinking her eyes. Beg for your life she didn't care, and surely she make ur life living hell..... ...
1M 60.3K 57
Rebirth of an assassin. Birth of the heaven-sent princess. Rise of the supreme goddess. Rise of Dawn. ***
2.1M 82.2K 70
An extraordinary girl who's not afraid of facing all kinds of monsters, Hurricane Thurston is set on an adventure that would shake the world of the T...