πŒπŽπ“πŽπ‘π’ππŽπ‘π“ | JJK 🏁

By -kimtaesan

In which a mechanic who's always dreamed of driving her own car, sneaks into an illegal racing club, only to... More

| START |
| LAP 01 |
| LAP 02 |
| LAP 03 |
| LAP 04 |
| LAP 05 |
| LAP 06 |
| LAP 07 |
| LAP 08 |
| LAP 09 |
| LAP 10 |
| LAP 11 |
| LAP 12 |
| LAP 13 |
| LAP 14 |
| LAP 15 |
| SEASON 2 EXCLUSIVES |🏁
| LAP 16 |
| LAP 17 |
| LAP 18 |
| LAP 19 |
| LAP 20 |
| LAP 21 |
| LAP 22 |
| LAP 23 |
| LAP 25 |
| LAP 26 |
| LAP 27 |
| LAP 28 |
| LAP 29 |
| LAP 30 |
| SEASON 3 EXCLUSIVES 🏁 |
| LAP 31 |
| LAP 32 |
| LAP 33 |
| LAP 34 |
| LAP 35 |
| LAP 36 |

| LAP 24 |

116K 3.7K 22.4K
By -kimtaesan

⋆★⋆
═══════ LAP 24/30 ═══════

💗🖤💗🖤💗
1.5M oml y'all want me to pass out...
Thank you sm for your endless support! I've been loving the Motorsport TikToks, edits & theories so far! This Lap's quite quirky & homage-filled, enjoy! 🖤

◢◤◢◤ ⚙️ ◢◤◢◤

With glistening rings and long acrylics curled around the wheel, Saweetie slowly drives into the spacious parking lot of the shopping mall in the brand-new Bentley that Quavo gifted for their anniversa-week. The Hip-Hop music pulsing through her convertible has me resting an elbow over the door in the passenger seat and admiring the enormous palm trees surrounding the plaza.

It's been two days since the events of the pool party. Besides JK and Offset not speaking... Things have more-or-less been normal. I just hope for Offset's sake, he gives JK time to cool off. He's been pretty closed off since the incident.

Our bodies bounce forward when Saweetie parks the car and grabs our soda cups. So many eyes stare addictively as we both then step out and slam our doors behind us.

"You ready for operation Spend-these-N*ggas money?"

"So ready." We clink our sodas.

Saweetie confidentially steps through the area in a baby pink Juicy couture hoodie and matching pants, its rhinestones embellished across her butt and bust creating cleavage beneath the zipper. To match the velvet material, she sports pink sandals, a mini handbag and hoop earrings. Dressing more comfortably to my style; I accompany her in a pink cropped tee that exposes some waist alongside loose low rise jeans and sneakers.

The interior of the mall is endless with an end that feels miles away and more levels than you can count. Each storefront showcases fashionably-dressed mannequins while the center itself hosts indoor palm trees, a crowded fountain and a dome-like ceiling that allows natural sunlight to invade the mall.

"You know what you getting with all that cash girl?"

"No clue. I was surprised that JK gave me a bunch of money for shopping to begin with. I didn't even ask, he just handed me a brick of notes when I was leaving."

Once on the escalator, Saweetie props one foot on a higher step and slurps her soda obviously, causing her butt to take over the view of the wife and unfaithful husband standing below.

"See now for Q, that's the minimum. If he on't slap some money in this hand when I say I'm going out, he's in trouble."

"You're lucky to have a boyfriend as generous as Quavo. He must really like you to give you so much."

"That's how it works girl. Ooo, wait let's stopover here for a sec." Saweetie skips towards the display window of a boutique; her eyes captured by the sparkle of a beautiful diamond necklace. She presses her hands against the glass with a length gasp before unflipping her phone and snagging a picture of it.

"Imma send this to homeboy so he can gift it to me. Jewelry's better when men hand it to you."

"Homeboy? You mean Quavo?"

"Huh? Yeah yeah." Saweetie already looks around for the next store. I can't help stare at her with lowered brows as we now walk into Club Banana.

"Saweetie are you... Cheating?"

"On who?"

"On Wh—? On Quavo!"

"Oh! Aight girl listen, imma be real... I appreciate Q, I do, but I also appreciate these diamonds. Quavo and I were doing real good 'til these other guys came round and offered to spoil ya girl. Who would I be to turn down their gifts?"

"Guys? As in plural?"

"Mhmm." Saweetie applies some lipgloss, "One's a thug and one's old as fuck. But you know it's the 70-year-olds that be having the fattest coin. I know Q likes me and I like him too, but this is just who I am. You can't tell nobody though. Girl code."

Saweetie's words make me frown in thought. Quavo seems really head over heels for her, little does he know that he's merely an ATM. I just hope Saweetie's careful...

"Speaking of the guys, can you believe what went down at the pool party?" I ask.

"Ugh, I know. Offset airing out JK's business like that. I just know JK is pissed. But you know Offset can't control his mouth when he drunk like that. He just be saying shit."

"Still, alcohol isn't an excuse. What he said was really messed..."

Sweetie flops her hand, not taking her eyes off of the clothing rack she's searching. "Tch, girl don't stress about it. This ain't the first time. Those two fight like this every couple months, but you know guys. One minute they're whooping each other's ass, the next, they all good like nothing happened. Us girls give each other ONE stank look and hold onto that shit forever but guys? They on't give a fuck."

"I wonder why they butt heads so much..."

"Honestly, I think JK's maturing. In his own JK way. Offset though, he's like a big man-child. Always getting jealous when the spotlight ain't on him."

"Hmm."

The back of my hand brushes a clothing rack upon hitting a velvet, hot pink mini skirt with drawstring holes. I quickly hold up the garment to a staff member.

"Excuse me, do you have this in a—"

"—In a size 4? Jinx. You owe me a soda."

I instantly rotate to see Kim holding a garment of her own from the clothing rack behind me. Her golden curls fall loosely, and unique green eyes unveil when she lifts her shades to look back at me with mutual shock before ultimately, smiling.

"Well well well. I wasn't expecting to see you here Shego."

"Small world." I smile shyly. Kim's simple yet trendy attire matches the vibe of the store well. She wears a white diamanté-studded Dior tank top, Chrome Hearts jeans, white airforces and a denim patchwork mini-shoulder bag...

"Oh, Saweetie this is Kim. She was at Offset's pool party."

"Sup? I'm loving your vibe. Giving me very Adrienne, Mhm I know that's right. Wait, hold that thought. Is that Paul's Boutique bag? I need me some of that. Be right back." Saweetie speeds away before Kim can even reply, cautious of knocking over any clothing racks with her butt as she shimmies between them.

With Saweetie now distracted, Kim joins my side and the two of us browse the store's display of clothes together.

"So. You shop at Club Banana often?"

"Not yet. I'm trying to get more into fashion these days, hench this girly shopping spree."

"Well you must be a hard-working girl if you run your own customs store. You deserve to treat yourself."

"Thanks. You never said what it is that you do?"

"Well I'm just back here for the Summer to occasionally babysit my twin brothers but up in Colorado, I'm a certified rock climbing and skiing instructor. I know, not exactly a common job for a 21-year-old."

"No way, that's so cool! I wouldn't have taken you for a country girl."

"Yep. Trust me, I'm the biggest and freakiest risk-taker you'll ever meet. How old are you again?"

"20, so you're only a year older than me."

Kim turns to me with a closed smile and winks.

We continue to scan the store after that until our arms are racked up with clothes. The two of us look down and laugh shamelessly.

"I guess we got a little carried away."

"No kidding. Wanna hit the changing room to see how these fit?"

"Sure." I smile when she holds my hand and pulls me with her.

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════

Opposite to the aesthetic of girly retail stores, JK sits comfortably in the leather chair of a grungy tattoo parlor. Quavo sits on a stool opposite him to observe the dozens of complex designs plastered along their walls.

"Shego know you getting yo neck tatted?"

"Nah. That's why I gave her money to shop with Saweetie. Thought I'd surprise her with it."

"Alright, everything's set up." The tattoo artist sits on a stool and wheels it towards JK. "You wanna tie back your hair before I start?"

JK throws back his head to fluff his long locks a little before scrunching it up into a ponytail that leaves his lower undercut on display. The tattoo artist then angles his neck to the side and puts on some rubber gloves before activating the machine and drawing the vibrating needle along JK's skin. His teeth clench slightly as he hisses.

"That hurt?"

"Sss... Nah it ain't nothing."

Quavo sips his red cup with a snicker, then lowers it with a lick of his lips and furrowed brows.

"Ayo man, I can't lie, there's something that's been bothering me... I think Saweetie's cheating."

"How come?"

"Just the way she be acting... Always getting paranoid, always hiding her phone... I on't know what to do."

"And you're sure she's cheating?"

"Yeah man. Imma look like a clown if it turns out she's been playing me. And I on't take that shit lightly. I think imma pull her up on it."

"Nah nah, don't do that. She'll just tell you you're tripping. You can't let her know that you know... Give her her karma when she ain't expecting it. You know you're girl, do what you know will drive her insane."

Quavo licks his lips and nods at JK's advice as ideas begin to form in his head. But his train of thought is interrupted when the front door swings open and Offset enters the parlor.

JK's teeth instantly grit and his hands latch over the chair as he almost gets up, but stays still with tense nostrils at the remembrance of the needle tattooing his neck.

"Wait wait JK, hear him out." Quavo pleads.

"You set this up didn't you."

"Hey, y'all need to talk. And I know you were only gone' hear him out if you were forced to stay still. Y'all are brothers man, so talk this shit out."

JK only glares at Offset who takes a seat opposite him and intertwines his fingers.

"Ayo man I apologize for that shit I said at the pool party. That escalated way outta hand. But you know I ain't mean any of that shit JK."

"Hell nah, I ain't tryna here all that. You got real deep with it and in front of people too? That stems from somewhere. You said that shit cause it's always pissed you off that this Asian kid from the streets rocked up to Gatti and took what you thought you deserved."

Ready to spit out a generic defense, Offset instead looks down and falls silent.

"Look... You're like my younger brother man. I on't give a fuck when you entered Gatti, you're one of us. But I can't lie, I be overthinking shit that bugs me when I'm drunk."

"Right, so say that instead of coming up in here giving me some bullshit excuses."

"I know I know, I said I'm sorry sheesh. It won't happen again. Come on, you know I love you man. Let's put this shit behind us..." Offset pats JK's knee.

"All done."

The tattoo artist uses a rag to wipe away any excess ink before plastering over the sore area and wheeling his equipment away. Offset immediately gets up to hug his friend... Leading JK to gradually hug back as the two pat each other in a manly fashion.

"Ayyy now that's what I'm talking about! Yo and that neck tatt looks dope, Shego's gonna freak."

"Alright, you ready for your nose piercing?"

"Yeah, hook me up." JK confidently retakes his seat. The three men continue to chat and vibe while the tattoo artist positions his piercing gun around JK's nostril...

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════

"Tadaa!" I draw aside the velvet curtain of my changing booth in an all-new ensemble; consisting of a pink halter top, a mini denim skirt with waist charms and a beret. Kim sits on a bench across from me and claps with crossed legs.

"And you said you couldn't pull off a beret. As if. You look so cute."

"It is a nice outfit... Though my arm is tired from holding this top in place. I can't seem to tie the back."

"Here, let me."

Kim quickly stands and turns me towards the full-length mirror on the wall in front of us. I watch with narrowed vision as she takes the strings of my top and ties it behind me, occasionally brushing her fingers against my skin on accident...

"All done. See? It suits you."

"You're right... I think I'll buy it. Thanks."

"No big. I think I'll get these jeans in a bigger size. They're a little tight around my hips."

I glimpse at the low-rise True Religion jeans that hug Kim's butt and accentuate her waist. She undoes the button and lowers her zipper before sliding the denim down from her thighs to her ankles. I find myself watching as she hunches over in nothing but lace panties... But get caught redhanded when Kim peers up at me with one eye exposed beneath her flipped-over hair, her plump lips curling.

"Not gonna get undressed too?"

"Oh, right." I turn around and shyly undress also. Kim reaches for her top and pulls it over her head with a chuckle.

"You think I'm gay, don't you?"

"W-what? No! I wasn't assuming—"

"It's okay, you'd be right." She laughs. "Well actually I'm Bi, but I'm placing my attention more on girls lately. While guys' stupidity can be entertaining, they're insanely disappointing."

"Oh... Well in that case, I couldn't agree more. Men are pretty frustrating." I laugh.

"Right? What's one of the craziest things you've done for a guy?"

"Oh no brainer. When I was 18, I literally jumped into a car and finished a track race for him... Which sort of became a shoot-out."

"Woah, seriously? You could've died! You might just be as fearless as me."

"Not at all. What about you?"

"Well... When I was 18, I was hooking up with this really hot guy. I was also a tattoo apprentice at the time so I had the keys to our parlor. One night we got real high and snuck into the parlor where he let me tattoo his dick. It was pretty funny actually."

I immediately stop tying my shoes and stare at Kim with a slacked jaw. She seems none the wiser, fluffing her golden curls in the mirror and laughing at the memory.

"This hot guy... Was his name... JK?"

Kim stops and slowly rotates with a confused look.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

I look down at the tagged clothes I'm collecting and stand with an embarrassed scoff.

"We're kinda seeing each other. Not as a couple but you know, exclusive."

"JK? Exclusive? Now those are two words I never thought I'd hear together." She laughs, "Well I would say this is awkward but it's JK, so."

"...You're right. I guess with a body count as high as his, this was bound to happen sooner or later."

"So the drama. Let's go pay, my friend works here. She'll hook us up."

Kim's casualness towards the situation eases me pretty much instantly. I thought I'd be embarrassed or even jealous but instead, I'm smiling in agreement as we make our way to the counter where Kim's friend boredly reads a magazine. She has deep brown skin and slicked-back hair that expands into a curly puff; her earrings matching her red, short-sleeved collar dress.

"Monique, this is Shego. Think you can hook us up with a hot-girl discount?" Kim rests her chin and hands on my shoulders.

"Girl you know I gotchu." Monique wastes no time in scanning our clothes and sending her friend a wink.

*Bzzzz!*

I read the caller ID on my cellphone after paying before excusing myself and holding it up to my ear;

"Hey Paps."

"Shego, where on Earth are you? You've been in Compton for 4 days now. I know I said I'd watch the store while you visited JK but you can't just leave me in charge of the entire warehouse for this long. Things are really piling up over here, I can't do it all on my own."

"I know Paps, I'm sorry. I got a little distracted..."

His sigh through the phone only adds to my brewing guilt.

"I'm not trying to stop you from having fun, but before that boy was back in the picture, you never missed a day of work. Your employees need you here, not me. You have to start thinking more professionally."

"Yeah..." I frown heavily at my feet. Kim looks over her shoulder and watches me with slanted brows.

"Besides Shego... We miss you. It's worrying to go 4 days without hearing from my daughter. And J traveled all the way up here to spend summer vacation with his cousin who's not even around."

"I know I know... I'm sorry for not being there Paps. You have a life too, it's not fair to dump everything on you. Let J know that I'm coming back today."

"Alright, see you soon Pumpkin." *Beep.*

"I'm back! Sorry y'all, you know I get carried away." Saweetie struts over with racks of shopping backs lining her arms as well as a fluffy bucket hat and new sunglasses. Kim hands me my oversized shopping bags, but notices my frown up-close and tilts her head.

"What's the sitch?"

"Yeah girl what's wrong?"

"...I gotta head back to Santa Clarita. I left my Dad in charge of my store but managing everything on your own can be pretty overwhelming. I should go help him out."

"That sucks... Hey, you have my number. Hit me up whenever you're back in Compton, we can hang out again. I'll see you around Shego."

"See you around, Kim." She spares me a one-armed hug.

"Come on girl, I'll drop us back to the guys."

As I follow Saweetie out of the store, Kim watches me leave beside Monique who leans over the counter with her chin in hand and smirks.

"She's your type..."

"You know me well."

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════

Saweetie playfully honks her horn three times when we pull up to Gatti's backstreet. As we exit, JK and Quavo pause their chatter to gawk at the monstrous tower of shopping bags occupying the backseat.

"We're back from shoppinggg! Baby you wouldn't believe how many things I bought."

Saweetie goes to kiss her man but Quavo subtly swerves it and instead wraps his arms around her without much enthusiasm. "Trust me, I would."

I approach JK beside them and tip-toe to kiss him briefly. Lingering a hand on my lower back, he looks down at me and licks his lips. "You get something nice?"

"Yeah, a few things actually— Wait is that a nose ring?! And a tattoo??"

JK's tongue pokes his cheek when I turn his jaw to the side and notice the bandage protecting his neck. He chuckles and peels away some of the tape, revealing the vertical series of letters inked down the area behind his ear.

"Told you I'd do it. You like it?"

"I love it." My gaze fuels him to smile.

"It's a good thing y'all didn't come back 20 minutes sooner. Would've ruined the whole surprise." Quavo says.

The reminder causes my smile to falter slightly.

"Yeah, about that. We had to cut our day short... I'm going back to Santa Clarita."

"What? Why?" JK asks.

"Because I left my Dad running my store but it's too much to juggle on his own. Not to mention the fact that I haven't spent much time with my cousin who made this effort to spend summer vacation with me."

JK looks away to run a hand through his hair before airing an irritated sigh...

"I want you to stay though."

"Awww." Quavo announces sarcastically, making Saweetie swat his chest and JK side-eye him.

"I wish I could stay longer but I've gotta think responsibly. It's not fair to dump my entire store on him."

"...Aight bet. I'll give you a ride back. I ain't seen Paps in a minute."

"Yeah I would bring a shield if I were you."

"While y'all do that, Q and I got an anniversary dinner date to get ready for. It's real bougee. You ready Baby?"

"'Course. Later y'all." Quavo rests a hand on her back... His eyes panning to JK while they walk away.

JK takes my shopping bags from Saweetie's car and piles them in the backseat for me while I sit in his passenger seat and fasten my seatbelt. Shortly after, he joins my side and fills the car with music, not bothering to do the same. His Tuatara's interior represents him well with black leather that hosts green trimming, as well as the green emblem that centers his wheel.

With his legs of course man spread and tattooed finger casually tapping his thigh, JK slouches back in his reclined seat and reverses onto the main road. He tilts his head to accentuate his jawline when observing the road with one hand on the wheel, exposing his sleeve tattoos as well as the new one lining his neck. Watching him drive like this with such focus... It's hard to look away.

"So 'bout this Santa Clarita thing..." He speaks lazily, "How permanent is it? Like you don't see yourself coming back to live down here?"

"I'm not so sure about that."

"Why? Your body getting sore from staying at mine?" His corner grills flash when he grins despite me shoving him.

"No. It's just that I haven't even had the store a year. It's too soon to be thinking about moving. Plus, why would I need to move here? I'm not in Gatti anymore."

"Pfft, you know you'll always be a Gatti girl She."

"Hm... Still not a strong enough reason."

"Then just relocate your store."

"Ha! You think it's that easy to relocate an entire warehouse? Especially for a guy who doesn't even remember my last name?"

JK tilts his head with a soft roll of his eyes,
"She don't start that."

"Hmph." My stubbornness gets the best of me when I face my window with folded arms, frowning with irritation from his lack of effort while the car slows down at a red light. JK takes this opportunity to face me with a grin before grabbing and raising my jaw from behind, causing my head to tilt back until he's landing grumbly kisses against my forehead.

"Your last name's Toshiko. I remember."

I tightly shut my eyes and scrunch my nose, making my cheeks chub up as I hum. "Hmm... What about my Zodiac?"

"The one with lines in it."

"And my eye color?"

He scoffs a chuckle, "Brown."

It's hard not to accidentally smile by the time he lets go and drives through the now-green light. These details are way too simple to be impressed by, yet here I am.

"You gotta stop expecting the worst from me. 'Course imma know your last name if we're exclusive."

"Exclusive?"

JK glances at me with an awkward shrug. "I mean... Ain't we?"

"Well yeah I figured that, I'm just shocked to hear you say it. Depends on what your version of exclusive means."

"Exclusive like... We ain't together like that but we're just doing our thing. No other bitches or dudes in the mix."

"Now that I find hard to believe." I laugh. "You can be honest about how many other girls you're gonna sleep with while I'm in Santa Clarita JK."

"None? I don't think." He shrugs once more, keeping his eyes on the road with a serious expression. "Honestly I ain't been fucking no one else since I visited your shop damn near a week ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Hm... It all sounds too good to be true. I'll believe it when I see it."

"Bet." He smiles at me.

"...I'll tell you what. I'll return to Santa Clarita for a bit, then come back to visit Compton every couple of days. It's only over an hour's drive. I can make the time."

"Cool. I'll come pick you up if you ain't feel like doing the drive."

"Thanks." I nod.

After a while of cruising down the freeway, JK and I pass the big welcome sign of Santa Clarita. Despite his eyes not leaving the road, JK grins when casually placing my hand between his thighs. I shake my head hopelessly and massage his lap throughout the remainder of our journey.

Eventually, he parks the car behind my store at a discrete distance. With rap music still filling the car, JK watches me remove my seatbelt with a smirk.

"...What?"

"You tryna give me a lil' job before we go in?"

My eyes motion down to his pitched tent before rolling playfully. "You don't stop do you?"

"Come on She..." JK whines with a tilted head, his fingers combing through my hair before framing my jaw to admire my lips. I gradually stare back when he leans in and locks his lips with mine. My hand reaches for his grinding jaw while my other slips up his shirt a little to get a feel of his abs.

Although, a question circulates in my mind...

Ask him Shego, ask him now.

But no matter how much determination I muster, my nerves get the better of me and no words meet my tongue. Instead, I allow JK to get comfortable while I unbuckle his belt to free the hardness in his jeans. With his hand scrunching my hair back, I bring my face closer to his lap until he throws his head back and groans.

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════

In the fancy ambiance of Beverly Hills, Saweetie and Quavo enter the dimly lit restaurant in ensembles far more luxurious than their usual. Quavo keeps it classy by tying his dreads back and sporting a black suit with a dainty gold chain over his matching turtleneck. Saweetie walks slightly ahead with a fur scarf around her arms and a long purple dress, it's slanted bust-line revealing some cleavage.

She scans the store with a smug grin before abruptly stopping at their table and clearing her throat. On cue, Quavo pulls back her chair, making her smile robotically as she takes a seat opposite him and admires the restaurant's interior.

"Didn't I tell you this place was nice Q? Damn we blend in so well."

"Your entrés, starters and mains." A group of waiters immediately lower silver platters onto their table. Quavo smiles wholesomely while Saweetie gasps and unveils each dish one by one despite barely getting her acrylics through the loops.

"You pre-ordered our food?? Q you always put in that extra dollar for me. Ugh, just look at this caviar. Mm-Mm don't play with me and my seafood coz I'll eat everything on this damn table."

"Eat as much as you want, I told you imma go all out for this anniversary. Anything more you want, just say the word."

Saweetie passes her man a smirk whilst sipping her champagne glass. It doesn't take long for the two to dig into their food and clear the table dish by dish.

"So. You like the Bentley I got?"

"Baby you know I love it."

Quavo cuts his steak and chews with a nod.

"You'd never lie to me, right?"

"Course not. Mmf. I'm as real as they get." Saweetie's eyes don't leave the food on her plate.

Quavo once again nods and continues to eat. Soon enough, he dabs his mouth with a handkerchief while a waiter collects their empty plates and Saweetie touches up her lipstick.

"Damn, I done drank a lot... Imma hit the restroom real quick."

"Okay." Saweetie admires her compact mirror. Quavo shakes his head before tucking in his chair and heading out.

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════

Before I can enter my store, JK pulls back my arm and taps his upper lip with a snicker.

"Wait She you got a little..."

I quickly gasp and wipe the salty droplet away while JK laughs, making me swat his stomach and walk ahead. The second I enter, Paps gasps with open arms.

"She's back!"

"I'm back!" I throw my arms around him while he spins me with laughter.

"About time! Do you know how hard this place was to run without you?? I haven't even had time to focus on my MySpace page!"

"Oh God, what has J done..."

"Don't be a hater Shego. I'm a hit, as the cool kids say. Already got 236 followers so... Take that." He tells me sassily, as if adopting the lingo of social media.

However, his playful demeanor fades when JK enters the store and stands beside me. Dad frowns with confusion as I look between them awkwardly. It's their first encounter in almost a year...

"What's good Paps?"

"....Surprise." I smile.

Not only does Dad notice JK's new nose ring, but he instantly spots the tattoo lining his neck before pinching his nose bridge.

"...Son, every time I see you you look more and more unholy."

"Don't worry Paps, next time we can get tatted up together."

"God forbid... So what are you doing up here then? On the run from police already? Summer's still early son."

"Nah, just came to make sure Shego got here in one piece."

I unconsciously face JK with a wide beam but Paps only screws him, significantly less impressed.

"Don't think you're automatically in my good books. I'm still watching you."

"You know you love me really Paps. Aight, Imma head out She."

I smile and tiptoe to lean in for a peck but JK unexpectedly pulls my waist forward with both hands for a heated make-out. With my chest against his and my arms around his neck, I allow his hand to trace my butt while the two of us get lost in wet kisses. Paps watches with a heavily arched brow and folded arms.

"Ahem."

"Oops. Sorry." I pull away with a giggle.

JK then steps forward and holds out his hand to Paps, parallel to their encounter during the big race last year. Only this time, JK is first to offer the gesture.

"Damn Paps, I can't even get a handshake?"

It takes a few seconds of silence and judgmental glares for Paps to look down and inhale a deep breath. Finally, he shakes JK's hand with a firm grip before JK smiles and leaves the store. I can't help but watch him leave with a happy gaze.

"He's improved, hasn't he?"

"Hmph. For now."

"Paps..."

"*Sigh* Shego just... Don't go into this with the mindset that you'll change him. It's not your job to set him straight."

"I'm not trying to change him Paps. I know to some extent, that's not possible, but I really do think JK's maturing on his own. I know you're worried about him hurting me again but we'll be good this time, I can feel it."

"Well can the two of you 'be good' here please? I've practically been running this place all week! I demand a vacation!" Paps rotates and walks through the store with open arms. I toss my arms around his neck from behind and pout.

"I know I know, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. How does Italian food sound?"

"It... Might make me forget."

"Got it." I laugh. Though I briefly let go to peek at my buzzing phone and read the incoming text...

Kim 💗:
You get home safe? ;)

I smile and bite my lip for some reason when sending a reassuring response and a matching winky face back.

═══════ ⋆★⋆ ═══════
🏁 BONUS SCENE 🏁

After almost 2 hours of sitting alone, Saweetie checks her watch and peers around the busy restaurant with visible irritation.

"Where the hell is he?"

"Miss, since we are piling up I'm afraid we'll be needing this table. If you are done with your food, may we present the bill?"

"The BILL?" Saweetie scrunches her nose. "Watchyu mean bill?? My man already paid—"

It's then that reality hits her like a ton of bricks. Saweetie's jaw drops but quickly clenches as she squeezes her fork with flared nostrils.

"I'm gonna kill him."

"Miss?"

She quickly snaps out of it and turns to the waiters with fake, awkward laughter. "See here's the thing... I didn't actually bring any, you know, money..."

"Oh, I see. 911–"

"Wait! I-Isn't there something we can arrange?"

Much to her distaste, one of the waiters holds up a pair of yellow rubber gloves while another presents soap and a sponge. Saweetie's pleading smile slowly wilts at the sight while nothing but vengeful anger bubbles up internally...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6K 14
Choi Wooshik an honest Police officer who wants Jeon Jungkook the Great Mafia leader behind the jail bars. But what happen the Officer's Gorgeous wif...
161K 5.1K 38
his suppose to kidnapped me little did he know I already kidnapped his heart. They captured my limp body, forcefully tied me up, put a tape over my...
15.4K 633 14
[ Book 2 ] Loving the monsters always ends badly for the humans. It's a rule...... -_-_-_-_-_-_- "You choose your death when you choose my mate! Were...
279 18 7
When celebrated racer JK, a secret heir to a massive fortune, finds himself in a sticky situation, his body double steps in to rescue him from an uni...