Lies, Deceptions, And Misunde...

By sabrynabrooklynne

Taylor and his adult older brother Craig, have lost both their parents at the hands of a drunk driver. Things... More

1. Synopsis
2. Liar, Liar
3. Therapy
4. An Eye For Fashion
5. Crushed
6. Next-Gen Video Game Console
7. I Hate You
8. I'm Fine With What I Have
9. King, Err, Queen Of Lies
10. Secret Weapon
11. Whatever It Takes
12. A Wonderful Idea
13. This Is Crazy
14. Hibiscus Flowers
15. Point Of No Return
16. Dying Inside
17. New Life
19. Escape
20. Clearing the Air
21. Truths
22. Changes
23. Spellbound
24. Millie's Diner
25. New Friendship
26. Flavor Of The Moment
27. Purchases
28. Guidance
29. Drop Out of School?
30. Homeschool Introductions
31. Immersion
32. Positive Reinforcement
33. "OMG, Girl Power"
34. Jealousy
35. Excitement And Confusion
36. Discoveries
37. Strong, Confident, AND Feminine
38. BFFs
39. Text Reveal
40. Taylor Stefan(i)
Alternate Cover1
Alternate Cover2
Alternate Cover3
Alternate Cover4
Alternate Cover5
Alternate Cover6
The Original Cover

18. Popcorn On The Floor

959 21 1
By sabrynabrooklynne

Meanwhile, at the theater, Kaylee and Taylor got popcorn and drinks, then headed into auditorium four to see a horror movie.

They settled towards the back because Taylor was on the lookout to avoid anyone he might know, as they sat waiting for the movie to begin.

Kaylee pulled her phone out of her purse and unlocked the screen. After a moment she put it back in her purse.

"I'll be right back," said Kaylee. "Mom wants me to call her before the movie starts."

"What does she want?"

"I don't know."

"Well hurry," Taylor replied, munching on a handful of popcorn. "The trailers are about to start and you know you don't want to miss the trailer for the new Marvel movie, "The Mighty Avengers: Zodiac," with the awsome, incredible, and impossibly beautiful Ava Ayala aka White Tiger."

"I know, I can't wait. I'll hurry."

Kaylee exited the auditorium and Taylor sat watching as the previews of upcoming movies began. He was so mesmerized by a trailer for the latest James Gunn DC Universe movie that he didn't notice that the person who sat down next to him wasn't Kaylee.

Taylor felt someone poke his bicep with their finger.

"What, Kaylee?" He asked without taking his eyes off the screen.

He felt another poke.

"What?"

Then a third.

This time he turned to look.

"Wha-uh, Johnny?! What the- W-what are you doing here?" Taylor asked, shock to see him instead of Kaylee.

He was so surprised and freaked out he almost spilled his bucket of popcorn on the floor.

"Hi." Johnny replied with a grin.

"Why are you here? How did you know we were here?"

"Well, my dad said Kaylee's mom told him you two would be here and she thought we should give you a little company " Johnny grinned again.

"Oh, well that's not necessary, Kaylee and I will be fine," said Taylor. "She just went to call her mom and you're in her seat."

"Oh really? I don't think she's coming back."

"What do you mean?"

"Butch took her into the theater next door. They're getting ready to watch an action movie."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I left her with him when she told me where you were," said Johnny, helping himself to a handful of Taylor's popcorn.

Taylor, who had been leaning forward in his seat, sat back and felt Johnny place his arm around his shoulder.

"Are you crazy!" yelled Taylor a bit too loud, causing half the theater to turn around.

Taylor practically crawled under his seat, slumping down from embarrassment.

"Sorry, sorry," said Johnny to the ones who turned around. "We're cool."

Sssssshhhh!" Someone vocalized near them.

"Excuse me, you two," a man loudly whispered with a flash light in their face. "One more outburst from your girlfriend, and we'll have to ask you to leave."

"Sorry, no problem," Johnny told him, rubbing Taylor's far shoulder. "We're good. She gets a little excited that's all. This movie is some scary sh!t."

"Are you sure you guys aren't fighting?" asked the man, with his light right in Taylor's face. "The movie hasn't even started yet. That's a trailer for a comedy."

"Oh, sorry," Johnny sheepishly replied.

"So, I not going to see another outburst, right?"

"Oh, no. No sir," said Taylor coolly. "We're fine."

"Good, then just enjoy the show and each other's company like everyone else here, please," said the man taking the light away. "And no more talking! Understood?"

"Yes sir, sir, understood," said Johnny, while giving the guy a comically bad military salute and causing Taylor to snicker.

Johnny looked at Taylor, snuggled him in tight and added, "We're done talking, right, babe?"

"Definitely," Taylor replied, as the usher walked away.

"Sorry I startled you," Johnny apologized as Taylor pushed his arm from around him.

"Bullsh!t you are!" whispered Taylor, leaning on the armrest on the side of the chair furthest from Johnny. "Go get Kaylee and don't ever do that again."

"I'm sorry," said Johnny. "I can't. I'm sure she's kind of busy with Butch, like I'm about to be busy with you."

"Oh no, no way!" yelled Taylor and Johnny quickly put his hand over Taylor's mouth.

Again half the theater turned around.

"Oh sh!t, here comes that man again!" whispered Johnny, seeing the guy with the light, headed their way.

"Don't talk or we're booted." Taylor replied through his clinched teeth. "And don't look towards him."

Taylor turn towards Johnny and hid his face from the approaching flash light.

Johnny turned his head, making like he didn't see the guy coming.

"Was that you saying something again young la--," the man started to say, but stopped midsentence.

Taylor couldn't even react, because Johnny's lips were now pressed firmly against his.

"I guess not then," The guy added, with his flashlight shining in their faces.

Taylor had no idea what to do. He closed his eyes to block out the bright light shining in them, as Johnny held his face and continued softly kissing him.

He was frozen with fear and certainly not kissing back as a now familiar sensation traveled down his spine.

"Are you craz--" Taylor finally whispered once Johnny released his grip, but stopped as he peeked, seeing the man still standing there shinni g his light at the row behind them, still looking for the source of the disturbance.

Taylor closed his eyes. He could feel saliva on his chin, which repulsing him, but as he opened his mouth to speak again, Johnny's lips return to Taylor's and Johnny's tongue entered Taylor's mouth.

No way could this really be happening, Taylor thought.

Opening his eyes again Taylor saw that the usher was now gone, but someone else was approaching.

Taylor immediately realized Kaylee and Butch were there.

"Looks like you two are really enjoying the movie," announced Butch as kaylee took a seat on the other side of Johnny. Butch sat down next to her with a smirk on his face. Kaylee's face showed relief.

Butch took a sip of the soda Kaylee was holding and she quickly pulled it away. 

"Mind if we barge in," Kaylee asked, looking across Johnny at a visibly upset Taylor on the other side of him. "Maybe we can keep you two quiet so you don't get kicked out."

"Sure, cool," Taylor replied, trying to gather his composure. "I'm glad you finally made it back.

The expression on Taylor's face was a combination of anger and extreme embarrassment over not only what had just transpired between he and Johnny, but also because Kaylee had seen them and more than likely believed he was a willing participant.

As his mind raced, thinking about what had just happened, the box of popcorn slipped from Taylor's hand and onto the floor with a pop.

"Sh!t," Kaylee exclaimed loudly, startled by the sound.

The usher flipped his flashlight back on and pointed it in their direction but they all sat still, staring at the screen like nothing happened.

Nothing more was said between either of the group for the rest of the movie. Although, Johnny continued to occasionally try to hold Taylor's hand or put his arm around Taylor.

Although he did not really want to, Taylor did allow Johnny to hold his hand through a couple of the scariest parts of the movie. Just so as not to anger him, Taylor reasoned.

Once the credits began to roll, they left the theater.

Outside, Kaylee and Taylor quickly said goodbye to the guys and ran to the curb to meet Carissa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 889 43
Isn't it ironic? The three middle letters of 'believe' are L-I-E *** Addyson "Addy" Alway has done horrible things in her life. Lying about sexual...
Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

8.4K 164 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
REMINISCENT By

Teen Fiction

573 2 38
CHAPTERS EDITED☑️ "Do i remember?" I stare back confused "Do you remember..." she starts then looks down contemplating whether she should continue or...
310K 1.7K 20
Young Carl sustains a terrible accident as a child. A life altering accident that will change the trajectory of his adult life. There are several dir...