The Third Pilot (Evangelion x...

By Alumina_

Y/n Ikari is a introverted person abandoned by his father as a kid. Now, years later, he is called back by hi... More

1. Just a Tool
2. Like that was Easy
3. "Thank You"
4. Not a Game
5. Who is Rei Ayanami?
6. Angel of Doom
7. Enter Asuka!
8. Incompatible Unity
9. Together as One.
10. Proud, Uninhibited, and Clipped Wings
11. Fallen Angel
12. Evangelion Unit-03
13. Peaceful Sleep
14. The Beast
15. The Calm Before the Storm
16. Beginning of the End
17. Blissful Death
19. Thank you

18. Epilogue: YOU CAN (NOT) HAVE PEACE

2.8K 76 27
By Alumina_

Italics: The thoughts of the person speaking/ the current POV.

Bold: Actions, Set changes, POV switches, etc.

Normal: Descriptions, Exposition, etc.

"Quotes": A character talking.

*A couple hours after the Near-Third Impact*

*Tokyo-3 ruins*

*Third Person's POV*

*inhale* *exhale* 

"Comms are booting up"

*inhale*  *exhale* 

Misato: "Remember Mari, keep this quick, if You and Unit-3 transform, it's unlikely that we'd be able to save you."

Mari: "Uh-Right."

Mari: "Okay, fight this random EVA and get Y/n to the fleet, nothing to important." She said trying to reassure herself.

Ritsuko: "What do you think the UN will do? Especially the US, we'll be taking a few carriers from them.

Misato: "They've given up on the assault, I'm sure that they'll give in soon enough. We still are piloting EVAs. The US or UN can't do much to stop us."

Mari: "How's the princess doing?"

Ritsuko: "She's stablized. But she and Unit-2 will not be able to pilot. You're going to be on your own out there, so be careful.

Mari: "Right. Taking a deep breath she was ready.

Mari: "EVA Unit-3 , Activate!

The eyes of Unit-3 had lit up. Lifiting her arm out out of the rubble, she pulled the rest of herself out. Getting a higher vantage point of the chaos that'd been occuring not an hour before. 

The sun was beginning to rise, illuminating Mari's target out of the dark, Unit-1 and the Spear that's impaling it.

Mari: "There he is. She said, standing up comepletely. Well it's now or never, so I better get started.

Picking up the Positron rifle. She started the slow walk, across the destroyed earth towards Unit-1.

However, these plans could fall short. As now slowly rising out of the exposed Dogma, the mysterious EVA was holding the Lance of Longinus. Gently setting foot on the ground, the EVA was now inbetween Unit-1 and Unit-3β 

Mari: "So that's the Unit-6. It looks even scarier up close."

???: "You're close, this actually isn't called Unit-6. It's the Mark.06. And It's a pleasure to meet you, pilot of EVA Unit-5." 

Mari: "...So you know me, but I still don't know you." She said, hesitantly, in the small hope of gaining some information on this unexpected EVA.

???: "Right, I am the pilot of the Mark.06, Kaworu Nagisa."

Mari: "Alright Kaworu, where'd you come from?" Truth be told she had so many more questions to ask him. Who is he? Why is it called the Mark.06 and not Unit-6?  

Kaworu: "Well, simply put, I'm with SEELE."

...

Mari: "So you're here to stop me?" Adjusting the rifle to have better access to draw it whenever.

Kaworu: "Nothing of the sort, I've come to greet you. It's my first time seeing you after all."

Mari: Of course this is the first time, when else would we have met before? Does that mean he also met Y/n before this too? With the way he said that, it seems likely... "Anyways, sorry to dissapoint you, but we're taking Y/n with us. EVA and Spear included.

Kaworu: "Y/n is trapped inside the EVA. If you take out the Spear, Unit-1 will certainly reawaken again and the Third Impact will resume."

Mari: "O-kay, so then what?"

Kaworu: "It's simple, that is why I retrieved the Lance of Longinus. 

Kaworu: "Here... presenting the Lance out towards Unit-3

Mari: "Huh?

Kaworu: "Plunge the Lance into Unit-1. It will nullify the power of Lilith, while the Spear will nullify the Vessel of the Adams.

Mari: "A vessel..?

Kaworu: "You will learn soon enough. Now, once both weapons are in, you need to eject the Entry Plug as quick as you can. Then you may leave with the three."

Mari: "...And the Lance?"

Kaworu: "I will be taking it back. There is still much to do." 

After a few seconds, Mari had enough time to formulate a question.

 Mari: "Why are you helping us?"

Surely, this plan of his had some ulterior motive that she just couldn't see. Something isn't right. This pilot, who's siding with those who started this whole situation.

Kaworu: "That is for the person you're saving. We need to keep this quick." 

Kaworu: "We're sure to meet again, until then, keep him safe. Until I'm ready to save him and our world."

--------------------------------------------

*Several hours later*

*Aboard the UN Pacific Fleet*

Sitting anxiously outside the Medical room. Asuka and Mari waited for news of any kind. This was particuarly frustrating for Asuka, as while Misato and Ritsuko were allowed in, she wasn't. Her everything was being unraveled just across the wall against her back, but she wasn't included.

Mari: "It's probably fine. Y/n's strong."

...

Mari: "Heh, You've become so meek just because he's hurt. You need to keep that strong side of you, if you want him to notice you."

... She didnt respond, leaving the two in a sort of awkward silence. Mari fiddling with her hands, while Asuka was grazing over the bandage on her eye.

*woosh*

The door slid open, with Misato walking out exhausted and looked at the two pilots.

H-how's Y/n...Can I see him?.. 

Misato: "Go on in. It should be fine." The pair sitting outside the room rushed in to see the state of their crush. Misato pausing before following the two back in.

Misato: "...Hopefully."

There he was, as flawed as he was, he was still the person who had her heart. And she couldn't stand the sight.

Y/n..."

Almost every appendage had some sort of bandages on. The entire left arm was in a sling and covered up. Wraps encased most of his chest and stomach.  , and his eyes, closed shut, as if he were alseep.

...W-Will he, wake up?"

Ritsuko: "I...She paused for a second, trying to find the right words before continuing. We don't have enough information to decide that. He's stable right now, but there's no telling what going to happen after."

... 

Mari: "T-there's nothing we can do but wait. C'mon Princess, let's get something to eat. It'll help take our minds off it." She said softly taking Asuka's hand and leading her out of the room.

Asuka: ...Why did you leave me alone now? Y/n

The two pilots left Misato, Ristuko, and the Vice Commander alone in the room. With Ristuko getting back to work on her computer, and Misato slumped back into a chair. Exhausted from the jam packed chaos that's occured in the past days.

Misato: "*Sigh* Great, we're two pilots down and now Unit-1's basically lost. It's going to take a long time till we figure out how to repair it."

Ritsuko: "That is, if we even can. There may be plenty of corrupted pieces underneath the flesh.

Misato: "Mh, On another note, have you found anything about that EVA? Unit-6?

Ritsuko: "Mark.06. Mari said that the pilot corrected her when she called it that.

Misato: "So this Mark.06, who's the pilot?

Ritsuko: "Kaworu Nagisa, both the child and the EVA come from SEELE.

Misato: "SEELE again... They really do have a large influence over the planet. Enough to convince the UN that we were going to set off the Third Impact, instead of them. And enough to build an EVA that NERV didn't even know about till now. Is there anything else?

Ritsuko: "No, that was all I was able to pull from the MAGI before we left. *Sigh* Now I guess I'll have to develop another MAGI system.

Misato: "We're going to be fighting SEELE and NERV. We got lucky, if it wasn't for the Mark.06, I'm sure we would've been powerless to stop it ourselves. That can't happen again, another impact.

Ritsuko: "Which also means we aren't technically NERV personel anymore.

Fuyutsuki: "...Now then, I'll be taking my leave." Fuyutsuki said, standing up. 

Misato: "What do you mean?"

Fututsuki: "I'll be staying at NERV."

Ritsuko: "You can't be serious?!"

Misato: "You helped us all this time. What was the point of you even staying to fight the SSDF, if you weren't on our side?

Fututsuki: "My intentions were never that simple, I only wished to aid the Commander in combating SEELE. That aligned ourselves with you temporarily. I just wanted to make sure that Yui's child was alright. Now, I'll be taking my leave. I wish you the best, Colonel Katsuragi, Dr. Akagi."

Stepping out off the room, he left the facility.

Misato: "*Sigh* This is all so much to handle. I guess it's assuring to know that the Vice-Commander hasn't changed."

Ritsuko: "Not every one stayed the same throughout all this though. Asuka's  changed. I mean, she was very worried about Y/n."

Misato: "Yeah, she's changed a lot because of him."

Ritsuko: "You have too. I haven't brought it up, but ever since Y/n joined NERV, you've stepped up and became much more of a leader... and a parent..."

Ritsuko: "...So, you still like him?"

Misato: "...I'm not going to answer that." She said looking away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*3 months after the Near Third Impact*

*NERV HQ*

Commander Ikari: "Damn my son, the cursed child. And the rest of those that fled."

Fuyutsuki: "Our plans have failed, and now we exposed our true intentions to them. It's no wonder Y/n and the others would defect."

Rei: "Y/n..?"

Commander Ikari: "Then we'll have to use the SEELE child and Rei to further our plans to try again."

Fuyutsuki: "The reclaimation of Unit-1 and Y/n. Meaning we will begin the buildup of the Mark series. Starting with, either the recovery of Unit-4 or the creation of Unit-7 and 8."

Rei: "E-excuse me."

Rei: "I've heard that name before, Y/n. Who is he? Why do I know him?

Commander Ikari: "....You've heard enough Rei, leave."

Rei: "...Is that, an order?"

Commander Ikari: "..It is."

Rei: "..." Turning around she walked out of the room.

Commander Ikari: "If we are to try again then...Rei cannot act the way she did bef-" Their conversation being muffled as the door closed behing her.

Rei: "Y/n..."

Kaworu: "He's quite the person, right?" Hearing a voice speak up she turned to the boy with three others. The trio jogging past him and to Rei, moving behind her back, as if they were using her as protection.

Rei: "Do you know him?"

Kaworu: "I do."

Rei: "...Why, is he so important?"

Kaworu: "That boy, he is the beginning of this story, and he will be it's end. It's his descisions that decided the fate of our world. He prevented the Third Impact, and he was the one who brought the world to this state."

Kaworu: "His life means so much more to what happens in this world than we realize. And left unguided, mistakes are sure to arise. That's what I plan to do, I will play my part in righting his wrongs. However, is this the same with you? Are you going to continue playing a part in his life?"

Rei: "Continue?.."

Kaworu: "Yes, after all, Rei Ayanami has met him before."

Rei: "H-how though?"

Kaworu: "I'm sure you know this."

Rei: "Is it, because I'm a clone?"

Kaworu: "That's right, a clone of Rei Ayanami met Y/n before, and one of the Rei's are sure to meet him again."

Rei: "I..will?"

Kaworu: "Of course, it will be inevitable. After all, we are all intertwined with the strings of fate. The children chosen by fate will finally assemble. And, even if it isn't you specifically, Rei will reunite with Y/n. And I'm sure, that this time will be different. We can help him."

Rei: "...?"

Kaworu: "With him, we can repair this world, restore it to it's former state. You as well, you can truly become Rei Ayanami."

Kaworu: "Only then, can you become true, to not only yourself, but to him."

Kaworu: "We can save Y/n. Will you help me?"

....

"Yes."

------------------------------- 

*Half a year after the Near Third Impact*

*Pacific Ocean*

*700 Miles off the coast of the U.S.*

*Y/n's POV*

"Goodbye, Y/n. I love you."

Y/n: "....Goodbye, Mom."

Opening my eyes. I was laying on a bed. The ceiling, it's different, but it feels similar...

Pressing the call nurse button, I let my thoughts wander while I waited for someone to come.

Why...Why am I still alive..? Observing my bandages. I had a large wrap covering my chest and going down to my stomach. It's hard to breathe, everytime I do, I can feel myself wheezing.

What... Even happened?.. Last I remember, Asuka... she-she was hurt, a-and I... I transformed and... I- can't remember, I know Rei was there... B-but she's...

....

C-C'mon, I need to remember what happened... Wh-what was she talking about?

"We can create a new world, Y/n. If you want that to happen."

"Goodbye, Y/n. I love you."

W-wait.. the Third Impact happened, right? Rei, she-.. she started it for me, 

Oh god... What have I done..? 

I-I started the Third Impact... th-that means that humanity's b-basically... gone.

*Woosh*

Misato: "Y/n?! The door opened and a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

M-...?

Oh thank god! Before I even had a chance to finish any thoughts, I was crushed between a pair of arms and a pair of breasts.

I was so worried! Squeezing me harder, It felt like I was going to die. Not that I'd mind... but... I can't breathe.

Mi-Misato you're crushing me..

Oh! Ah-s-sorry. letting go on me, I managed to catch my breath. 

H-how are you feeling?

My-... moving my joints around to get a feel for myself. My body's stiff, and aches a bit. But I feel good.

Wha-where are we? What happened to the battle? H-how long did I sleep for?

Misato: "..Come with me Y/n. It's better if I show you as well."

After a quick all clear by one of the nurses. Misato took me out of the med-bay and was currently guiding me throughout the place. With how small the halls seem, it feels like we're underground or on a big ship.

Misato: "It's been half a year since you woke up."

Y/n: "wha....? Half a year?.. What the hell? it feels like I only fell asleep for a night!

Misato: "A lot has happened during that time, Y/n. And it may be hard for you to take it all in right now. So whenever you need anything done, you can come to me."

Opening the door. A breeze and a bright light hit me. Taking a second for my eyes to adjust, Misato led me through the door. I could hear the waves, and sounds of people working.

We were near the middle of an entire massive fleet, comprised of dozens of destoyers and cruisers, along with 4 aircraft carriers that were sailing all together.

Look over there. Pointing to the aircraft carrier that was parallel to ours. Riding the waves, on the deck was barren of planes. The only thing was a long rod with a large tip, all wrapped up in a material and fastened down onto the deck. 

Y/n: "W-wh-... What's that?"

Misato: "That, is what stopped the Third Impact, the Spear of Cassius.

Y/n: "..W-wasn't that the thing that was in Lilith, over at NERV?"

Misato: "That was something else, what was called the Lance of Longinus. NERV still has that one. And now, we have the other. Meaning we'll have to protect it from them with all we have."

Y/n: "...So then, we're not a part of NERV now, are we..?"

Misato: "..No... Your fa-..The Commander, used NERV and you to start the Third Impact. That was the Human Instrumentality Project. To evolve Humanity through it's extermination. But..." Now looking at me, she smirked.

Misato: "Thanks to you, and the Spear, we were able to stop the Impact from happening."

Y/n: "But... I..still caused it." Looking at the ground, trying to hide the shame that was welling up in me.

Misato: "..Stop that Y/n, the Commander was hiding so much under our noses," She continued as she pulled me into a hug. "We just never bothered to look down. It just as much as my fault than it is yours."

...

Misato: "It's now a part of the past. We've gotten over it, so you should try to as well."

It may seem that way for you. But for me, it seems like it was just yesterday... I can't forget it, or forgive myself...

Y/n: "S-so if everything is over, what happened to the EVAs?"

Misato: "Well, we recovered Unit-1 with you, but we're strapped for parts to fix it properly, and since you were asleep, we focused what we did have on Unit-2. It was also heavily damaged, losing it's prostethics and the left eyes and has been in repairs ever since and should be operational in the coming weeks." 

...A-and Unit-3?"

Misato: "..Unit-3, was lost a few months ago. It had transformed into an Angel. We barely managed to kill it, by using the last of the fleet's N2 bombs to incapacitate it and Asuka finishing it off. Luckily, Unit-3's auto ejection system activated before it had transformed completely, so Mari was able to come out safe.

I-I see. Mari should be here then.

W-wait you said Asuka was here? Where is she-..

Took you long enough to wake up! A voice spoke up confidently behind me. Turning around, I looked up at the sillouette above me,

Asuka! Y-You're okay!

Of course I am! I'm an EVA pilot! I could've gotten out of that situation all by myself. Hup! Stepping up and jumping over the rails she landed next to me. Standing up she flipped her hair out of her face, revealing a sight that left me stunned for a second.

Y/n: "A-Asuka! Y-your eye!"

Asuka: "You think I haven't realized my eye's gone?! God, even after all this..." You're still such an idiot...

Misato: "Think you can handle him for now, Asuka? I have to take care of a few thing right now."

Asuka: "Yeah, I can handle this idiot."

Misato: "Great. I'll leave you to it then."

U-uhm, Asuka, I-.."

Asuka: "Listen... a lot has happened. This... reaching up to the eyepatch that she wore, is the least of our problems... but... it could've been alot worse, if you hadn't saved me. So thank you, I guess..."

Y/n: "H-how's Unit-2 doing?"

Asuka: "See for yourself. She said, walking inside. Following her inside. We headed down a couple halls, I couldn't help but watch her. 

Misato said everyone would be over it. But there are people who're more affected by what happened than her. Asuka... lost her eye. Of course she'd still be caught up on it. 

'This... is the least of our problems...'

Not for you, Asuka. I'm sorry. I promise, that I'll do whatever to make it right.

Entering the room, she began to jog up towards Unit-2, once there, she started climbing, reaching the peak of the back. Right where the entry plug would be inserted. While I remained at the bottom, beside Unit-2's head.

Unit-2 looked nearly complete, while I couldn't see the damaged eye. From what I could see, Unit-2 was essentially done. And the missing arm had what looked like a mount that could possibly attach different types of arms.

Y/n: "Unit-2 looks great, Asuka."

Asuka: "...Of course it does, it's an EVA. My EVA..." She remained silent after saying that. And the what she said that, with a hint of sadness.. Hell, she's seemed sad this entire time. What's having her down?

...

...

Y/n: "I-I guess... that we're going to be piloting these for even longer now..." Which also means, that I'll be fighting my dad... Him, and SEELE, they're behind this-this starting the next impact stuff..

I don't want this stuff to happen again. So I-...I'm going to kill them. I have to...

Stepping back down, she was going a lot slower than when she went up. Is it because of-*SLIP* Falling hard on her back she slid down the rest of the way, hitting the ground with a loud thud!

Y/n: "Asuka!" Right as she slipped I was rushing over to her. Getting there too late to help her, I at least held her back up and supported up her upper body. 

Y/n: "A-are you alright?! Sh-should I get someone?"

Asuka: "It's fine!... I-I'm alright..." Clutching her eyepatch with her palm.

Y/n: "..." It doesn't seem alright, she slipped on Unit-2. I've never seen that happen... I-is it..? It seems like she's still having problems with her eye... after all this time? 

Asuka: "Heh.. Looks like I still need you, for everything it seems..." She said softly, resting her head onto my chest.

... Just what the hell happened when I was asleep..? 

Asuka: "I'm still helpless on my own..."

Asuka would never show this side of her like this..

Tears began to well up in her eyes. As her hands balled up parts of my shirt as she tried to hold back the tears.

Asuka: "It's so unfair... *Sniff* I-... I can't keep doing this..."

Asuka: "Y/n... Am I u-..useless..?"

Y/n: "It...It's going to be..." I paused, not knowing how it'd feel to try and reassure her like this. Those words, meant nothing to her. And it seemed she agreed.

Asuka: "Shut up! *Sniff* You-.. You don't know anything...!"

Y/n: "W-what..?"

Asuka: "I-I don't know what to think anymore..! Everytime, everytime that I try and fight... Something happens..." Lightly touching her eyepatch. "And then you or Mari or Misato has to come and rescue me..."

Y/n: "Asuka, you  don't have to think like that. You're better than this, I know you are, I've seen it. Y-you're strong, stronger than anyone I've known."

Asuka: "...But... you were the one that killed the EVA series. You killed the 11th Angel. You saved me from Unit-3. You killed so many other Angels as well... And what did I do? What did my entire youth of training come up to? Hardly anything..."

Y/n: "Hey..."

Asuka: "I know.. I know I've let you down.... My entire life was spent on becoming a pilot... And you... are you really fine with me..?

Y/n: "Asuka..

Asuka: "I'm crippled with grief... *sniff* I-I hate it... "She clentched up her fist and was gripping her eyepatch. "Myself... My life, everything! I hate myself because every single thing meant absolutely nothing! That's all my life is! WORTHLE-..."

Y/n: "Asuka!"

Y/n: "...Calm down, you're doing this to yourself."

Asuka: "Stop it Y/n... you don't understand... Everything just works out for you, right?"

Asuka: "That's... just, how it is... You're strong... and I'm weak..."

Y/n: "Grr-You think you're weak? Then stop moping around and do something about it! Get stronger! You've been doing that ever since I was asleep. 

Y/n: "You have the last EVA. Everyone, me included, are depending on you now! If you really think you were worthless, then you wouldn't be a pilot still. You still call Unit-2 yours right? which means you're it's pilot. Act like it! It's the world's first true Evangelion. Perfect in every way! Which means the pilot needs to be perfect as well, right?!"

Asuka: "..."

Y/n: "Just... *sigh*  trust yourself. And if you can't do that, trust in me. I will help you become the best."

Asuka: "...Okay... I knew it... I really do need you...

God, now I realize how annoying I must've been moping around before.

Asuka: "Y/n...*sniff* Why?.. Why are you so nice to me..? ..You did everything back then... I couldn't even stop the EVA series..."

Asuka: "A-and then... When you didn't wake up...! I just, didn't know what to do..! I was so worried!.. What were you thinking!? ....*sniff* I don't know what whould've happened to me if you were gone for longer!" After that she pulled me into a hug. Fiercely holding back tears, she dug her head into my chest.

Asuka: "I'm so glad you're awake!

Y/n: "I'll..." Finally managing to come up with some words, I reciprocated the hug and spoke again to her. "...do my best to keep you safe."

Asuka: "Are you stupid!? Pushing out of the embrace as soon as I completed it.

Y/n: "?!?"

Asuka: "You stupid, stupid, stupid, idiot! Don't ever try and do anything that reckless again! Even if you're trying to save me! I'll never forgive you if you die before me! Promise me!"

Y/n: "A-..Alright .... I will."

Asuka: "*sniff*...Good."

-------------------------------------------------

*Later*

Mari: "Wow~, the Wonder Boy is awake from his slumber. It's good to see you up and about again..." Pulling me into a long hug, she whispered into my ear. "I'm happy you're okay."

Mari... Ahh she's such a great girl.

Mari: "And the princess over here," Shifting our attention over to Asuka. "She was also worried~."

Asuka: "I-I was not!" She shouted crossing her arms and looking away.

Mari: "Right, right. You visiting him basically everyday for hours on end was nothing."

Asuka: "Wha-!?"

Y/n: "Really~?" I said, joining in on the teasing for a bit.

Asuka: "O-Of course I don't!"

Mari: "My, my~, you need to be a little more pushy with him. If you don't, Y/n may be swept from right under you."

Asuka: "L-like I care!"

Mari: "C'mon~ Just admit it~."

Asuka: "Grrh.. That- That's right! Fine! I'm jealous, alright!?"

Mari: "Wow~~ Who would've known~? She chuckled out, proud she was able to get her to admit her fellings. "The shining princess is so protective of the wonder boy~."

Asuka: "Of course I am! I met him first, so I should be first!" Marching over to me, Mari let go and took a step back. 

Asuka: "Listen you dumbass!" Sticking her finger out towards me. "I hate it. I hate how you're better than me! I hate how you always seem to protect me! And I hate how you treat everyone so nice!..."

Asuka: "I didn't wanna accept that I liked you, I still don't..."

Asuka: "But this is what I want... I have to say this..."

Y/n: "Wh-what is it?"

Asuka: "...That.. well..Uh-um...I..."

Mari: "C'mon you can do it~."

Asuka: "I-im getting there!... I-..."

Mari: "Just say it already~"

Asuka: "Grrh-.. I love you, alright! I love you! I love you so much! Is that so wrong!?"

Asuka: "Goddmannit, you're so stupid!" She shouted blushing and turning away. Embarrassed at how loud that was now.

Mari: "Wow, there she is~. I was wondering when you'd come back! You really are a princess with that attitude."

Asuka: "S-shut up!" She finally had enough of that and ran out of the room. You could clearly see the blush that was plastered across her face.

Mari: "...Whoops, I guess I went a bit too far there. She said chuckling. "Let's, go and get her."

"R-right." Starting to walk to the exit. Mari, who was watching me head out, and now empowered by the previous confession, grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

Mari: "...And~ I've said it before, I'll say it again." Coming up to me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders smiling.  "Being with you has been the best times of my life. Hell, I'd rather stay with you than get my own EVA, although it would be close one."

Mari: "...I can't stop smiling when I'm with you, Y/n."

"I love you, Y/n."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Unit-2 was scheduled for a power test. So it was taken out of contaiment and was currently sitting on the edge of the carrier, It's shins dragging themselves in the water as the ship moved. And atop the shoulder of Unit-2, Asuka sat. Thinking about what just happened.

I did it... finally. Smiling to herself, she played with her hands.

Mari: "Hah! Told you she'd be here." Hearing someone else she jolted away from playing with herself. And looked to meet the voice she already knew.

Y/n: "Uh-Hey."

Mari: "Howdy."

Turning to look at me, she looked a little surprised. However, it soon turned to embarassment as she looked away.

Y/n: "Haha.. We, uh, were just looking for you after you ran off. I hope that isn't a problem."

Mari: "Mind if we enjoy the view as well, Princess?"

Asuka: "...hm. It's fine." She said looking back out to the ocean. With that I sat down next to Asuka and Mari came down on the other side.

Mari: "So, I guess we'll be living like this for some time now, right?... Mhha." She grunted as she stretched her arms up. Her hand coming to a rest on mine as her arms came down. "Well, it'll be fine, as long as you are here with us. Right, Asuka?" Leaning forward to judge her reaction.

Asuka: "...Yeah." She said leaning her head down on my shoulder. Surprised for a second, she regained her composure and smiled, returning her gaze to the sea.

Y/n: "...a-after all that has happened.. I-... I think I can handle everything that has happened." The world may have nearly ended again. But the people that I'm with, the one's that I love. I.. think I can live with that exchange.

Y/n: "I'll... probably be leaning on you two for support, so.. Thank you, in advance."

Mari: "Then we will be leaning on you as well, so none of us will fall." She said smiling to herself.

This is it, a new life, in a new world. Hopefully, I can get past this feeling of loneliness. And I have many people to thank for it.

Mari, you kept my head out of the water, and above the mayhem. That always cheerful attituide you carried, lifted me up from the harsh times that I was going through. When I had no one else to go to. It always seemed you were there, out of the blue and to the rescue.

Asuka, your strength and pride, seems to have rubbed off onto me. and even though it may be a facade. No one can truly be fearless. It's okay to be weak, scared, and dependant on others. They will help you carry the burdens alongside you.

Rei, you kept me alive, I have no doubt that, had I been alone, I would've made everything worse. You showed me what I have in this world that I should hold close. And I will never forget it.

Misato, after my father left me, I was very alone. When you insisted on me living with you. It truly was the best time I have ever spent. I met so many people, and you were always there, having my back. Always there, behind me, guiding me and encouraging me to be the best I could be.

Kensuke and Toji, you two are great friends, it feels like I never had a true friendship with any others. Here's hoping that the two of you are alive.

All of you, I truly do love you.

*End Chapter 18*

Well, that's it. It's all over. Y/n is with the ex-personnel from NERV, now soon to be WILLE. And the mysterious Kaworu reveals his intentions to Rei to save Y/n from what's to come. I loosely based it on the Q preview that 2.22 gave at the end. Hope it made enough sense. It certainly felt like a long chapter, and I didn't want to develop so many cliffhanger points, but well... It's literaly a preview to 3.33 so it essentially was all cliffhangers.

Did Evangelion change y'all? It certainly bolstered my love for anime.

No lemon, sorry. I don't feel like I'm in the right place to write that up. Lot is happening right now that's been screwing me over. And I'm just glad to get the story finished. I'm not good, and I don't think I'd be able to convey much through writing. Maybe (I'll probably forget.) when I'm a better writer, I'll come back and do one. Just not now. Once again, sorry.

I've notice how my writing has sort of changed, certainly in how many ellipses I've been using. I want to display the pauses in talking appropriately, as for some of the gaps are too long for a simple comma to work.

Next chapter isn't part of the story. So you don't have to look at it if you don't want to.

To all of you who spent time with this story...

Thank you.

Thank you for reading.

Goodbye, Dear Reader.

5504 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.3K 13
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’”๐’‰ ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’Š๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’‚๐’“๐’‚๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†'๐’”." 17 year old introvert Y/n L/n was livin...
28.1K 639 35
โ˜„๏ธŽ. *. โ‹† โ‹† L/n Y/n a girl that is quite and reserved. Likes Animals and Being Alone and Dislikes Crowds and Noises A story about a girl who got trans...
79 3 14
Ikari, A 17 year old agent, Found some incriminating evidence that could put an end to the Crenshaw Reapers. Though he gets betrayed and is forced to...
wrecked By syd

Fanfiction

13.6K 419 23
A Ikuya Kirishima Fanfiction ---- Being the daughter of a well known family, you are being forced to marry one of the sons from one of your fathers f...