Fields of Gold (MYG)✔️

By AmandaAcheron

MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be... More

Author's Note
~Five years into the Future~
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Blessed Yule, Merry Christmas, etc etc etc
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
34+35
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
~Epilogue~

Part 50

447 29 7
By AmandaAcheron

~Let's try this alternate POV thing... See how it works...~

Yoongi rounded on Jimin and Tae as soon as they got into the rented car from the car service. Tae held up a hand to fend him off for a few seconds while they got moving. The driver asked Jimin for a destination and Jimin gave an address Yoongi didn't recognize. The partition slid back up cutting off the driver from the conversation and Yoongi looked back at Jimin.

"Art Museum," he told Yoongi and when the car moved into traffic.

"Why are we going to the Art Museum," said a visibly frustrated Yoongi and Tae moved his hands in a circular motion and pointed to Jimin.

"We need to talk about (Y/N), hyung and I didn't want her to overhear at all," said Jimin and Yoongi's face got even more mutinous.

"I know you're not trying to get me to get rid of her Jiminssi," said Yoongi and Jimin winced when Yoongi became more formal, and his voice got all cold like that.

Tae pushed between the guys and held up hands. Jimin reached up and linked his hand through Tae's and Tae smiled at him for a second and Jimin nodded.

Tae turned to Yoongi.

"No Hyung, you misunderstand, we're worried about her. Is she always like this?" Tae and Jimin both peered at Yoongi, and they could see he was trying to dial back his anger.

"Like what," gritted out Yoongi.

"Nunko tteul sae eobsda busy Hyung," said Jimin and both boys breathed a sigh of relief when Yoongi absorbed the words and deflated a bit, his anger fading away.

"Yea, it's been getting worse hasn't it. Anyone would be overwhelmed but she swears she's doing fine. This morning she was so busy, she could barely say hi when I stepped in her office. Everyone needs something and she has all the answers I guess, but I don't think it's good," said Yoongi.

Taehyung smiled at Jimin and Jimin nodded again at Tae.

"Hyung," said Tae and he paused until Yoongi looked at him. "Hyung, she's worse than you are, and that's saying something."

Yoongi laughed at Tae's words, but he was just as worried as Jimin. (Y/N)'s behavior wasn't healthy, but he couldn't deny that all of the pieces were necessary, and she really did seem to be managing. He did worry about what would happen when she couldn't manage, and he thought that's what Jiminie and Tae were trying to point out.

"You guys have any suggestions, let me know," said Yoongi and Jimin leaned over Tae.

"That's why we got you in the car with us, we want to think together to see if we can help," said a very earnest Jimin and Yoongi reached across Tae's lap and placed his hand over Jimin and Tae's interlocked fingers.

"Thank you Jiminie. Thank you Taehyungssi. I appreciate your willingness to help," said Yoongi.

Tae looked out the window and noted they were coming up to the Art Museum parking garage. He dug out hats and masks and sunglasses for him and Jimin, and Yoongi automatically did the same.

The car dropped the three of them off and Jimin arranged with the driver to pick them up in two hours.

Yoongi dug out his wallet and paid the admission to the museum while Jimin grabbed all the pamphlets for other things to do in the Chicago area. Tae asked the ticket seller about a specific painting he wanted to see and got directions to the gallery.

Taehyung offered his arm to Jimin, and the boys walked off while Yoongi was gathering the receipt. He followed them through the rooms to the long gallery Taehyung had wanted to see and all three sat down on a bench.

"What can we do to help hyung," asked Jimin and Yoongi shook his head.

"I don't know. I think right now her actual job is the most frustrating one," said Yoongi and Tae jumped in.

"She's not going to do that when you come home is she?" Tae questioned and Yoongi sat back and stared at the ceiling for few minutes.

Jimin and Tae looked at each other and then back at Yoongi.

"Hyung, you didn't ask her to come with you yet," gasped Jimin and Yoongi's shoulders deflated.

"Her whole life is here Jiminie, I can't just ask her to abandon everything for me because she's good at emails and spreadsheets and managing us," said Yoongi.

"Why not," interjected Taehyung. Yoongi stared at him deadpan, and Tae continued. "She is good at those things hyung but she's good at lots of other things. But is that why you'd want her to come to Korea? Because she's good at emails and managing our calendar or maybe there's another reason, you'd want to invite her to come back home with you?"

Jimin squeezed Tae's hand and shook his head slightly, and when Yoongi pushed off the bench to go pace in front of Tae's painting, Jimin's face fell even further.

Both boys fell silent as they watched Yoongi pace back and forth. Ten minutes passed and an anxious Jimin continued to watch Yoongi pace. Tae dug out his phone and checked somethings, occasionally glancing up at Yoongi.

Finally, Yoongi turned back to the bench and what Jimin saw there didn't help him feel any less anxious about the situation.

"I don't know," said Yoongi as he sat back down on the bench. "I don't know how to help her. I don't know how to even start to talk to her about coming to Korea. Every time I think about it, I think about asking her to take more vacation from her job and spend that time with me." Yoongi pushed off the bench to pace again, but he kept talking.

"If she comes back with me that's great! That's what I want, I want her with me no matter what, but what does she come back to? Me immediately jumping into all this comeback stuff she's been prepping for us," said Yoongi and Jimin winced. Even Tae paused from scrolling on his phone.

"Hyung, we're jammed solid for the entire summer. Like busier than we've been since we won the second grammy," said Tae and Jimin nodded his agreement.

"Right," said Yoongi. "So I'd ask her to give up her time, to come halfway across the world to see me, and I guess you guys," Yoongi waved his hands at Jimin and Tae and continued, "but we'd all be doing the same thing. So she'd fly 20 hours on a plane only for me to say Hi and Bye before heading off to practice or meet and greets or whatever she's scheduling for us and then being lucky if I make it to a bed before 2am. Then back up at 5 to do it again the next day."

Yoongi sat back down in defeat and held his head in his hands, elbows balanced on his knees.

"I have been thinking about this since I had Sung-Jin find this apartment because I want her with me that much," Yoongi said as he looked at the floor. "She's not used to it like Hyun-Joo or Ji-Hye," referring to Jin and Joon's partners. "The last thing I want is to bring her over there and then abandon her to my empty apartment where my parents have their own code," said Yoongi.

Tae put away his phone and Jimin stared at Yoongi.

"You gave them the code? Hyung... Why?!?" exclaimed Jimin and Tae nodded emphatically.

"Even my Eomma doesn't have a code to get into our place hyung," said Tae and Yoongi shrugged and made a face.

"I figured they could use it when I'm not in the city, I mean you guys know how often I make it back there. I bought it because it was a good investment, it's never been home. But if (Y/N) came over, I wouldn't want to just take her to the dorm. I'd want something similar to what we have here," said Yoongi and was interrupted by a laugh from Taehyung.

"Yea minus that bathroom," and all three boys smiled for the first time in an hour.

Jimin's phone sent out an alarm, and Jimin checked it and announced their two hours was almost up.

"We didn't figure out anything yet though," said Yoongi and Tae offered that (Y/N) had recommended a little café closer to the penthouse to try and the boys agreed to head back towards the apartment.

The driver dropped them off a block away from the café and agreed to pick them up again in two hours. The trio headed west to the café and were pleased to find it nearly empty inside.

The woman at the counter greeted them and Jimin offered to order for everyone. Yoongi nodded, distracted and wandered off to a corner booth, far from the door and the front windows.

Tae slid into the booth across from Yoongi and watched as Yoongi took out his phone and frowned at the alert that popped up.

"What's up?" Tae was curious as to what put that expression of exasperation and adoration on Yoongi's face.

Yoongi put his phone on the table and spun it around for Tae to see.

"It's (Y/N), she's in the studio. She let me know she was going to practice her violin today," said Yoongi as he watched the screen fondly.

Jimin arrived with tea for Yoongi and chocolate for himself and slid into the booth next to Tae.

"What are you watching," asked Jimin and Tae shushed him.

On the screen they watched (Y/N) open up the violin case. But instead of a violin, first came out a photograph. Yoongi couldn't quite see it, so he turned up the volume on his phone a little.

(Y/N) set the photograph up against Yoongi's monitors so she could see it while she played and went back in the case for the violin.

Standing she placed the instrument under her chin and started tuning.

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi.

"She doesn't play for you hyung," asked Tae and Yoongi shook his head no. Yoongi opened his mouth to go on but (Y/N)'s voice came through the speaker.

"Love you Daddy," came through loud and clear and a mournful solo violin started to play.

Tae bent his head and frowned.

"What is this from, I know this," he muttered to himself. Meanwhile Jimin was staring at the photograph leaning against Yoongi's monitors.

Yoongi closed his eyes to listen to the music and was interrupted by Taehyung's exclamation. He opened his eyes to see Tae frantically scrolling through his music library and stop at a piece of music. Reading upside down, Yoongi could see the album cover read "The original soundtrack recording: THE CIVIL WAR" and he frowned not recognizing it.

"We watched a piece of this in class once and I remember it because it was so sad," said Taehyung.

Yoongi frowned. The music didn't sound that sad, but it did sound poignant in a way he couldn't quite figure out.

When the song ended, Yoongi thought (Y/N) would put away the violin, but she did not.

"Love you Mama," she said, and Yoongi sat up straight in the booth. There were tears in her voice, though he thought they were there because of the photo of her parents. However, when she started to sing as well, he thought something else was wrong.

When the mountain touches the valley, all the clouds are taught to fly
As our souls will leave this land most peacefully.
Though our minds be filled with questions, in our hearts we'll understand
When the river meets the sea.

Like a flower that has blossomed in the dry and barren sand,
We are born and born again most gracefully.
Thus the winds of time will take us with a sure and steady hand
When the river meets the sea.

Jimin gasped and grabbed Tae's phone, opening a new window in the search engine, he looked at Yoongi.

"What's her family name hyung, spell it for me in English please," and Yoongi puzzled but obliged Jimin.

"Her parents!" Jimin spun Tae's phone around and showed Yoongi and Tae the results.

Onscreen were articles from over ten years ago, talking about a horrific accident that had happened between a drunk driver, a couple coming home from celebrating the husband's promotion at work and an 18-wheeler long haul truck.

The drunk driver had slammed into the back of (Y/N)'s parents' car at nearly 150 miles an hour while driving a large American style utility vehicle modeled after those in the military. He had hit them so hard, they had been found under the rear axle of the truck, the drivers compartment had been crushed entirely. The truck driver had survived with minimal injuries and the drunk driver had walked away from the accident.

"It says here, "They are survived by their only daughter (Y/N) who had stayed home from the family celebration because of a stomachache," Jimin looked up and watched as (Y/N) on the monitor finished her song and started to pack away the violin and the photograph.

Yoongi watched helplessly as (Y/N) holding the photo of her parents, sank onto the couch in the studio and started sobbing.

"Hyung," Jimin reached out to get Yoongi's attention as Yoongi was getting up to head out of the restaurant and find a cab to take him back to the penthouse.

"Hyung, the date from the paper. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the accident," said Jimin and all three boys climbed out of the booth and got ready to head back to the apartment.

~Author's Note~

So that was kinda long and I'm not sure it really worked well. If it didn't (or on the wild chance some of it did work), if someone would let me know, I'd always appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 17.3K 34
[COMPLETED] ✓ #BreakTheSilenceAwards2020 "He's dead.." (27 Chapters) You are a retired stylist from Bighit and decided to go to America for a few yea...
61.2K 3.2K 29
-Completed- Lee MinYoung was a young girl living a hard life. Her older sister left their family for a rich man and her father ran away with the mone...
21K 1.7K 53
Yoongi hires an actress to play the role of his girlfriend. It's easy to find a girlfriend when you are Min Yoongi, but it's not easy to find someone...
371K 15.7K 59
"You don't understand!" Shouted out Jimin in frustration while a soft pant left his lips as the boy stopped right in his tracks to rest at the trunk...