Write your Way into my Heart

By Wrenchxoxo

Haikyu!! Timeskip AU! M/n Mitsuru is a newly promoted employee of a famous sports magazine company, he was in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Christmas Special! Hanamaki + Matsukawa
Christmas Special! Meian + Inunaki
Christmas Special! Tobio + Shoyo
Christmas Special! Iwaizumi + Oikawa
Christmas Special! Akaashi +Bokuto
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Discontinued, sorry ;(

Chapter 21

623 41 5
By Wrenchxoxo

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Happy birthday akaa-" Bokuto's booming voice was silenced by a painful slap in the mouth. M/n's hand moved on it's own, their surprise would've been ruined if he didn't stop bokuto from being a show stealer.

"Happy birthday Akaashi!" Everyone who was hiding in the dark all greeted the birthday boy in unison, whilst everyone greeted him, poor bokuto's lips were hurting from the slap made by yours truly. "what did you do that for?!" he exclaimed, pouting at m/n, the culprit. He shrugged in reply giving him a sheepish smile. "sorry bout that boks hehe" he apologized, hugging the man close to his chest like a mother comforting her crying child.

"You guys- you shouldn't have" Akaashi said, wiping the tears that was forming in his eyes. Everyone was in awe with the sight of their friend tearing up. "Don't cry keiji! we have so much things planned out for you!" m/n interjected, the others nodding in agreement.

"Let's get this party started!' Bokuto screamed holding up the bottle of vodka in the air. Konoha hollered in suit taking one of the shot glass and stands beside the human owl. Next thing you know, everyone was having fun, drinking, eating and talking to one another while the speaker boomed pop music, edm and so many more upon the request of the party attendants.

M/n, unable to bear the chatter around him, he decided to step outside and take a breather. And by outside i meant the balcony.

He pulled out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one as he lit up with the lighter on the other hand. "I never took you as for someone who's a smoker" Chimed by someone from behind. It was keiji. His hands stuffed in his pockets as he slowly approach him. "Neither do i" He replied, taking the cig away from his mouth as he exhaled the smoke, fanning it away from keiji. M/n was not much of a smoker, he rarely smokes, and tonight was one of those days.

"Why are you out here, by the way? This is your birthday, you should be partying with your friends" The h/c-nette remarked, finishing the cig in one sip. Keiji only removed his glasses as he look up in the sky. "I'm here for a break. They can be too much y'know" He replied, his eyes still fixated on the twinkling lights above. The man did not ask any further, and instead lean on the metal railing that's stopping them from their demise. "Thanks for the surprise and cake." The editor spoke, looking at m/n with a smile. "Huh? oh yeah it's no biggie" He replied curtly. "Y'know i never thought i'd spend my birthday with anyone- heck, i never thought i'd go past the age of 23" What seemingly a light hearted comment made m/n gaze at keiji with concern.

"I thought by the age of 19, i'd be dead due to some accident in the road, y'know?" He continued, putting his glasses back on. "I, Akaashi Keiji is tired. I have given up hoping that my old teammates back in highschool would remember me..."

"-i felt like a side character in every memory i share with them. I felt like i was unseen. People were unaware of my presence, due to my shy quiet nature.." Tears dripped from his eyes, seemingly unaware of what's going down. M/n took it upon himself to gently wipe the tears in keiji's cheeks. "ah, im sorry you have to see me like this" Keiji seemed to come to his senses as he pulled away and wiped his own tears. "Its fine, and keiji, if anything's troubling you. Just know i'll always be by your side okay? Just call me or text me, ill drop everything for you." M/n declared, looking straight into keiji's glossy blue eyes.

"Thank you, can i request one thing for my birthday?"

"Sure what is it?"

Keiji bit his lip, his eyes shows evidence of hesitation. "Can i hug you?" He shyly asked, looking down to his feet. M/n couldn't help but smile at the embarrassed look keiji was giving him. He wordlessly pulled him close and gave him a light peck on the forehead. "There, all patched up. Now go enjoy your night keiji" He gave him a gentle push back inside. The man looked at him and smiled as he mouthed the word thank you before going back.

M/n waved him off with a grin before going back to look at the city lights from his place.

"You threw a party and did not invite me? How rude."

M/n turned to see hanamaki with a drink in hand. He was surprised to see the pink haired male in his home. "How did you get here?" He asked, dusting his hands as he approached makki who was leaning on the balcony door frame. "You never told me you're friends with iwaizumi." He mentioned, sipping from the red cup. "I didn't think it was important?" He, himself was quite unsure with what he just said. Scratching the back of his ear in embarrassment.

"Me and iwaizumi go way back, oh and have you met our captain? He's a handful but he's present with iwaizumi right now." He jumped from one topic to another, grabbing m/n by the hand and pulling him towards a certain group of people. "Hey guys, i found the owner of the place, A.K.A my best friend." He stretched his arm like he was showcasing m/n infront of three familiar males, except for the tall one. He was new to m/n's eyes.

"M/n?" Iwaizumi asked in surprise, "Hello" m/n replied politely, putting his hands to his back as he watch them give him different reactions. It was amusing if m/n were to be asked. "Oh" M/n smouth slipped, his e/c ones was met with hazel ones. He sense a yinge of curiousity from the beholder but decided to ignore him. He doesn't know him anyways, so why bother.

"Hi i'm mitsuru m/n" he stretched out his hand towards the unknown tall male who has dark hair. Completely ignoring the other two infront of him. The unnamed man, and makki noticed the slight change in atmosphere when m/n and oikawa looked at each other. Something is definitley up.

"Matsukawa Issei, pleasure to meet you." The man dubbed as matsukawa sent a charming smile towards m/n as they shook hands. Now, he turned to the two. More specifically, oikawa. "I met you half naked in haji- i meant, iwaizumi's house but i didn't quite catch your name." Makki, Mattsun stifled their laughs as they watch their former captain turn ruby red from embarrassment.

"W-well i am oikawa tooru, at your service" He introduced himself lowering himself a little as if being met with a royal being. "That's nice but why don't you service your best friend instead of me" m/n replied with a hint of bitterness, makki was quite surprised, he didn't knew m/n had it in him. I mean he was strict when they first met personally, but damn. "Now if you're going to excuse me, i have to find boks. That man has got some explaining to do." m/n smiled, contrasting the throbbing vein in his upper right temple. He tapped makki, signaling him to come closer as he whispered something in his ear.

In return, makki blushed as he nodded vigorously. M/n gave them one last glance before leaving the quadriple on their own. 

"Just what did you do to m/n, oikawa and iwaizumi?" Makki asked in curiousity, the two looked at one another before answering at the same time.

"I don't know"

M/n looked to his left and right and found no sign nor a strand of grey hair anywhere. His neutral face slowly turned into a scowl as he kept on searching and coming up empty handed.

"Woah there, why so glum?" An arm snaked around m/n's shoulders. He turned to see atsumu who obviously looked tipsy, his face got closer and closer to m/n's to the point he can feel atsumu's nasty breath.

"Where's bokuto?" He asked, suppressing the urge to push the boy away from him. Atsumu could only shrug as he does not know the owl's whereabouts at all. Atsumu opened his mouth to say something but was cut short by someone grabbing him by the back of his collar.

"Time for you to go home, sorry about him m/n. I'll take him home" Osamu apologized on behalf of his brother, m/n nodded and wished him on a safe drive.

Who are half of these people?! that is what going on m/n's mind right now. He did agree to hold the party in his home but he didn't expect that the ace would bring a whole battalion.

He pushed through countless people until he reached his bedroom, thinking nobody would be there, obviously for common sense and respect. He sought out rest in his room.

"M/n-san!" He turned to see hinata running up to hug him. It was nice, but it's not what he needs right now. "Hinata, have you seen bokuto?" He asked, the ginger had given it some thought before giving his answer. "Yes, i found him near your room i think? He was with kuroo-san if you know him. The rooster hair" m/n thanked him and went to his room.

Upon entering the room he found the man he's been searching over and over with another familiar rooster head along with a guy with blond hair in the ends of his hair.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room?"

"Oh! m/n! kenma here needed a place to get away from the people so we went here." He explained, pointing at the pudding head who was typing away from his phone.

"Yeah, great but why did you invite people that i don't even fucking know into my house without telling me?" M/n looked at bokuto dead in the eye. M/n was stressed. Hella fuckin' stressed.

"I didn't know i invited alot, im sorry..." M/n sighed, it can't be helped. They're already there. "Y'know what, i don't care anymore. I'll just drink this night away. Bokuto, you're responsible for whatever happens in my home"

He told him before going out to grab a handful of beer for him to chug alone.

He found himself in the balcony once again, he sat at the metal chair outside. He pulled out another stick of tobacco and lit it up.

"Mind if i join you?" Great. Another fucking bother. It was oikawa, he was holding a beer and a plate full of chips and dips.

"I do actually- but y'know what fuck it, this night is a mess anyways, go ahead join me or whatever." He sighed in annoyance, puffing a smoke from the cigarette as he looked aimlessly from afar. Oikawa looked at him in concern. Despite their rough introduction, he felt somewhat guilty for m/n's hostile behaviour towards him.

He knows he can be too much, and naturally, you'd feel guilty.

"Hey sorry about tha-" M/n put a hand to stop oikawa from apologizing, he slowly turned to him, his face had an annoyed look.

"It's fine, damage has been done, and i couldn't care less anymore." He replied, chugging one of the can of beer he grabbed on the way here. Oikawa felt even more guilty. "Is there anything i can do to make it up to you?" He asked innocently, still looking at m/n. The man sighed and pulled out the box of cig, he pulled one out and handed one to oikawa. "Smoke with me, and maybe i'll consider."

M/n said it as a joke, thinking that oikawa would be a coward and not take it. To his surprise, the brunette took it and asked for his lighter, which he gave.

He watched him as he tried to smoke for the first time. Inhaling the nicotine from the stick, he immediately cough it out making m/n laugh obnoxiously. "You're one pretentious guy, i'll tell you that" He remarked, it was obvious in his words that he was rather a tipsy. "Y'know, i should be the one saying sorry to you. I shouldn't have reacted that way."

"Maybe i was too harsh, or maybe i wasn't. Either way, my behaviour was uncalled for but you know that feeling of being replaced?" He asked rhetorically. "That was i was feeling when i saw you with iwaizumi bro. I felt like i was some placeholder in his life. After finding out you and iwaizumi were best friends back in highschool triggered my jealousy." He laughed weakly, slowly turning his head to oikawa who was listening intently.

"Isn't it pathetic? Hehe, a grown man like me, being Petty over the word best friend" He mocked himself as he laughed at noone. He cracked open the last can as he chugged it all straight down.

"Ahhhh that was good, my chest somewhat feels lighter than before." M/n exclaimed, sas he stood up his vision started getting blurry but before he could fall to the floor oikawa's swift reflex caught his body.

He adjusted him into facing him, before carrying him in a bridal style. He looked at m/n's wasted face, the man barely had any strength to open his eyelids anymore, but a faint smile appeared on his face. "You're as pretty as a flower..." He mumbled to oikawa before completely passing out.

Oikawa was stunned, his cheeks felt hot. Blinking numerously as m/n's words rang in his head like a bell.

"Oi shittykawa what happened to m/n?!" Iwaizumi rushed to oikawa's side, taking a look at m/n who was limp in the brunette's arms.

"He chugged a bunch of beer iwa-chan, it's not my fault" He defended himself, he looked at iwaizumi who had a concerned look on his face as he caressed the man's cheek and next, he looked at m/n who was peacefully snuggling to his warmth. No wonder why iwa-chan get all shy when it's about you, m/n-chan. He smiled. Offering to carry the boy to his bed.

Iwaizumi agreed and called makki and mattsun to help clear the crowd and clean up the place.

Iwaizumi told everyone that the party was over, gladly the crowd left without any issues, some stayed behind to help clean up. Such as hinata, kuroo, bokuto, ushijima, kageyama and surprisingly, sakusa was there too.

Before they all left, they stared at m/n who was peacefully sleeping in oikawa's arms. M/n did not let go of oikawa's clothes once he was set down in his bed, like an infant begging his parent to hold him close and never leave their side.

Oikawa had no choice but to lay beside m/n while the others clean up. He can feel the jealous stares from the others, and he has mixed feelings about it.

He heard a quite few mumbles from the slumbering male. Such as 'don't go' 'please stay' 'don't leave me', oikawa felt guilty, so he whispered sweet things onto the boy's ears.

"Shh, i won't leave you...i promise, i'll stay by your side. Just sleep tight."

"Seems like you're enjoying your time with the sleeping prince." Mattsun commented, leaning against the door frame as he watch oikawa handle m/n's mumbling.

"As if you won't do the same if you were in my position" He retorted, pushing back the strands of hair on m/n's face.

"Touché" Mattsun replied, pushing himself away from the door frame and sitting at the other end of the bed.

"So, did you guys fixed your issue?" He joked, not really expecting a serious answer. "We actually did, turns out he felt insecure towards me heh" oikawa stared at m/n.

"That sucks, so what did ya say?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? You didn't say jackshit? That's fucking pathetic bro"

Oikawa's eyebrow twitched in annoyance you're lucky m/n's holding me back or else i would've strangled you by now. He gave mattsun a smile, which made the boy laugh on the way out.

"Oh by the way, iwaizumi said we should get home now"

"Will you?"

"Nah, i'd like to stay here, seems like he'll be staying here too."

Oikawa nodded, and told him to go away. He adjusted his position where he was facing m/n. He took one last glance before closing his eyes as the alcohol hits his system too.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Would you guys like some christmas special? I would make short scenarios with each love interest, let me know if you guys are down with it. Although they might take a while since they are alot 💀.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 2.6K 38
A very bright boy, an outgoing one. Energetic brat and an airhead at that, those are the things that describes m/n l/n, a boy with a free spirit. Thi...
113K 2.7K 26
Kozume Y/N moves to miyagi to attend Aoba Johsai where she meets Oikawa Tooru who doesn't know she is girlfriend of Ushijima Wakatoshi. When he ends...
1.4K 41 13
You did it, you made it to THE Shiratorizawa. But after becoming the manager for the volleyball team (in hopes of beating your sister, Kiyoko, at Kar...
15.8K 360 24
"𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴" ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ l/n Y/n used to be neighbors with the one and only Tooru Oikawa. For being...