Past, Present, and Future: Le...

By ablessedvessel

⚠️Slow Updates⚠️ Y/N's mother, Laura, ruined her own life. She decided to abandon the decent life she had alo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
- Chapter 22 -
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
- Chapter 34 -
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 13

2.1K 67 10
By ablessedvessel

A week has gone by since the incident with Brandt. Today is his last day cleaning the barracks.

Meanwhile, I've been practically living at the horse stables. Truth be told, I enjoy taking care of the horses. Something about these strong animals made me feel calm.

-----

As I was brushing one of the horses, from the corner of my eye, I saw Hange by the entrance of the stables, peaking in. I sighed, then said aloud, "You don't have to come by every day!"

She finally came out of hiding. She walked into the stables, and as she came up to me, she said, "I figure you get bored, so I come to keep you some company." I pet the horse I was brushing, then grabbed a rag I had in my back pocket and wiped the sweat off my forehead and neck.

"How's everyone holdin' up?" I asked. "They're coming around," she answered. I glanced at the horse again and asked,

"Do you have any idea how that scout found out about me?"

"I've been investigating. The former Commander, Keith Shadis, my father and I made sure that no one knew about you were recruited to the Scout Regiment," she assured.

I believe her.

Throughout these past couple years of knowing her, I know that I can trust her.

Leon was a good person too. Although I was hostile towards him and Hange in the beginning, he still treated me with respect.

There were moments in which he treated me as if I was his own daughter.

When it comes to the former Commander, I never had the chance of meeting him. He had retired before I became a soldier. I knew that he trained some of our scouts who were a part of the 104th Cadet Corps and was known to be very intimidating and rough.

I wiped my forehead again with the cloth and said, "We need to find out as soon as possible. I have a bad feeling that this little 'reveal' isn't just for show. There has to be a reason behind it." Hange nodded in agreement.

"Well, you should get back to the others. I don't want you to get into trouble for hanging around the stables, talkin' to me." She softly smiled and nodded.

Once she left, I went up to my noble steed, pet him and said, "Guess it's just you and me for now." He softly huffed. I let out a deep breath through my nose, stressed from this situation.

I want to get my mind off things.

At least for a few moments.

I glanced at my horse once more and had an idea. I unlocked and opened the stall gate, carefully letting my horse out. I got the necessary gear on him and was gonna ride around for a while.

Just to clear my mind.

I grabbed the reins and led him outside the stable. From afar, I could see everyone training their asses off. I feel content at the progress the newer scouts are making.

I walked beside my horse for a little bit. When I was far out enough, I mounted on my steed and signaled it to start running. We started going further and further away from the base. I was beginning to cool down from how fast my horse was sprinting.

Minutes later, Levi came by the horse stables to see if Y/N was doing her job. Immediately, he noticed she wasn't there and her horse was missing. He turned around and looked in the distance, only to faintly see her horseback riding.

While I was riding, I couldn't stop thinking about how that scout found out about me. I couldn't shake this bad feeling off.

It can't be a coincidence. No one announces something like that out of the blue without a motive.

What was his?

Once I was far enough from HQ, I pulled the reins, making my horse slow down. I caressed its mane and dismounted, then distanced myself from them. I sat and laid down on the grass, under a large tree.

Cadet Brandt...

I crossed my arms behind my head and closed my eyes, wanting to forget.

...

After a while, I heard my horse whinny, which slightly startled me. I opened my eyes, let out a slow, steady breath and stared at the sky.

The fluffy white clouds were slowly move by.

Birds were chirping and flying around gracefully.

There was a soft, cool breeze which made it all the more soothing.

It was a beautiful day.

This moment is quite deceiving.

It's a complete contrast to what the present is truly like.

I turned my head to look at my horse and noticed he was eating some grass a few feet away from me. "It's time to feed you and the others, isn't it?" Although I'd like to stay like this forever, I have to go back before anyone notices I'm gone.

I got up from the ground, dusted myself off, stretched, and got on my horse again.

When we returned to the stable, I jumped off my steed, took the equipment off him and led him back into his stall. Once he was secured, I pet him and gave him some water.

"Hope you enjoyed that little outing."

Shit.

I didn't bother to turn around to acknowledge him. I disregarded his comment and began feeding the horses. I could hear him walk into the stable.

While I was feeding them, I asked, "Did you need anything...Captain?" He didn't answer. I closed my eyes. Calm yourself.

I turned around to face him. He leaned against an empty stall across from me. He had his arms crossed, looking at me blankly. I rolled my eyes and returned my attention back to the horses.

"You can stop."

I turned around, furrowing my brows at him in confusion.

"Since when do you go easy on punishments?"

"Hurry up and leave before I change my mind," he said firmly.

"That's not answering my question," I retorted.

He unfolded his arms and left, not saying another word. I huffed in annoyance as soon as he was gone. Before I left, I turned back around, fed the rest of the horses and gave them water.

When I returned to my room, I washed up and changed into a clean uniform. As soon as I finished getting dressed, all of a sudden, a loud alarm sounded throughout HQ. Loud rumbling noises were coming from down the hallways. The scouts were rushing to get outside. I quickly grabbed my cloak, put it on, and rushed out as well.

"What's going on?"

"Did something happen?"

"Is there another attack?"

The scouts wanted answers and so did I. Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, and Section Commanders Hange and Miche stood in front of all of us.

"The Titans have infiltrated Wall Rose! We need to act as follows!" shouted the Commander.

As he was giving instruction, I couldn't help but wonder...how? The little damage inflicted on Wall Rose was repaired.

I gazed at the other scouts and noticed...one wasn't present.

Brandt.

I looked back at the building; through the window, I saw him pass by...as if he was in a hurry.

"Move out!"

Everyone started getting ready for the mission, but I stood in place. That scout...what is he up to?

"Are you deaf?! Let's go!"

I could hear Levi shouting at me, but at the same time, couldn't. Something's wrong here. I ignored him and rushed back into the building, looking for that scout.

"She's such a brat," he thought, before following her.

December 25th: Happy birthday to the man who's been through hell and back. Levi Ackerman!

A/N: I hope you all are safe out there. I wish you all happy holidays and a great start to the new year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 9.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
411K 14.5K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
183K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
288K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc