Indecent Pawn

By AuthorKKHarris

https://www.amazon.com/Indecent-Pawn-price-another-persons-ebook/dp/B00VA7DPEU What price is too high to pay... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four...
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine...
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven...
Chapter Twelve...
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Finish

Chapter Fifteen

2.2K 158 13
By AuthorKKHarris

Allison woke the next morning, sore and somewhat confused. Her body felt light as a feather and naked as the day she was born. The only covering was a satin sheet. Goosebumps started to rise on her arms feeling a breeze glide over her exposed skin. Peeling her eyes open, she tried to focus on her surroundings. Memories of the night before came back in droves. Antonio had taken a bit of his anger out on her in such a way that left her wanting more. Much better than the trip to the gym that caused her to be in pain for days.

Although she was in pain, a faint smile still graced her lips because it was worth it. Worth it to finally feel like a woman. A desired woman. Antonio had called her beautiful, while he cursed up a storm. Pummeling in her canal without mercy. Biting her lip, she let a moan slip just from thinking about the deliciousness of it all. Then a thought occurred, where was he? Was he satisfied? Did she disappoint him? Thinking for sure he has had better than her homely, inexperienced self. Her deadly beaten down self-esteem was a killer.

“You should probably go.” She heard his gruff voice but didn’t see him at first. He was looking out over the water with his back to the bed. 

“W-what?”

“Leave.” He growled.

“…” Just like that he was back to his cranky, angry self. For sure she thought he would wake up just a bit nicer.

“This shouldn’t have happened.”

“…” That simple sentence caused tears to spring forward. Her chest was aching from each word that added a nail to a coffin.

Allison eased to the edge of the bed silently. Looking around for her discarded clothes of a reckless night of passion. Or so she thought. The feeling of being used by a man to get his pleasure is what she has dealt with for the past nine years. Why would she expect anything different? Gathering all of her things she went to the foyer of his bedroom and dressed. Without a backwards glance she eased out of his room, closing it with a soft click. ‘I can’t cry. I can’t cry.’ She chanted to herself all the way down the hall and to the stairs.

“Whoa!” Gio caught her off guard. She had been mindlessly moving as fast as she could and wasn’t watching where she was going. “You alright?”

“I’m fine.” She quickly stated that sounded more like a robot than anything else. Then she repeated herself more than once trying to keep going to her room.

“You don’t look fine.”

“Please.” She begged him quietly just to let her pass. Never raising her eyes from the floor. She felt ashamed and saddened that she allowed her want for a man to persuade her judgment of what was right. A tear she had been trying to hold slid down her face. Gio attempted to wipe it away but she slunk back from him as if he were going to strike her. He held his hands up in surrender.

“…” Gio finally got the hint and stepped away. Allison wasted no time hightailing it the remainder of the way to the room she occupied.

Dejected, rejected, and a feeling of self-loathness consumed her entire being. Stripping out of her clothes, she made a beeline for the shower. Scalding hot water beat down on her body from every angle. She didn’t give damn about her hair or her skin as she allowed the water to drench her. The water washed away the salty remnants of her worthlessness. A sob racked her body as she crumbled to the shower floor. She hated herself for allowing such carelessness to come to pass. Most of all she hated she couldn’t hate him.

Two hours later, she made her way downstairs. The thought of trying to hide out forever sounded appealing but she knew that would never happen. She wasn’t sure what his mind state was but she did have work to do. Not really wanting to face anyone especially him, she still made her way to the kitchen. Allison knew she had to pretend like nothing had happened. If Carlina got whiff of any turbulence there was no question she would start inquiring on what the problem was.

“Good morning, caro.” Carlina greeted as soon as she walked into the kitchen area.

“Morning.” Allison failed miserably as trying to sound normal. Her throat was a bit raw from screaming the night before and sobbing just this morning.

“Rough night?”

“You have no idea.” Then a thought came to mind, maybe everyone heard her. She was extremely loud.

“I didn’t sleep well either.” She concluded. “Sit. Breakfast is ready.”

“I’m not really hungry.”

“You sound like Antonio. Sit.” Just hearing his name caused her gut to churn. “What’s wrong caro, are you in pain?”

“…” Allison only looked confused as to why she asked if she was alright.

“You grabbed at your stomach as if you were in pain.”

“Oh… no I’m fine.”

“Are you alright? You seem different.”

“Fine. Just a little tired.”

“You should ask Antonio for a day…”

“No! I mean no, I’m fine. Really.” She was trying to convince the both of them because she was far from fine.

“If you insist.” It was clear Carlina wasn’t buying into the ruse but she didn’t push neither.

Every time someone walked into the kitchen, Allison would jump. Carlina kept giving her quizzical looks wanting so to pry but refrained. For that small feat Allison was grateful. Finally she figured she should just bite the bullet and go to her office. Maybe working would take her mind off of her late night visit. Thinking with him being locked up in his room, there was a possibility he wouldn’t come down at all. However opening his office door, she was shocked to see him at his desk in a heated discussion with Gio.

“Yes, Mrs. Myers?” Antonio questioned with a poison laced tongue.

“I can come back.” Allison gestured.

“What do you want?”

“Nothing. I was just going to the office to get to work.” She looked everywhere but at him. The fear of him was back full force.

“Next time knock.”

“Yes sir, Mr. Mucciono.”

“Good morning, Allison.” Gio greeted her with kindness.

“Morning.” She said quietly. Her ears were ringing, chest was throbbing, and tear ducts were watering. The shame was so bad she couldn’t even make eye contact with him.

“Thanks again for the meal last night. I look forward to you making it again.” Gio complimented. She could tell he was really trying to get her to loosen up but it did nothing to help.

“You’re welcome. Just let me know.” Finally looking at him and she saw pity in his eyes. Right then she knew, he’d figured out what happened. Offering him a sad smile, he returned it. As if on automatic her eyes drifted to Antonio’s to see a cold glare that said it all. Tearing her gaze away she rushed into her office, closed the door, and got to work. This was going to be harder than she thought.

*****

Antonio had been distraught when finding out that his Zio Carmine was dead. And not just passed away peacefully in his sleep, no he was murdered. Murdered by someone he didn’t even have any animosity towards until now. Mucciono and Chon organization’s had never quarreled. They’ve always had an ‘I respect your turf, if you respect mine’ type of dealing. Mysteriously things have changed and Antonio was willing to do whatever it took to get to the bottom of it.

Something about the scene just wasn’t sitting right with him. Although Earnesto believes without a shadow of a doubt that Chon is behind all of the mess going on, the question was, why? What did he stand to gain by taking him out first and then taking out his zio? Who takes out the previous Capobastone? Why not make an attempt on the person that held that position? Even though Earnesto was terribly irresponsible, he still held the position rightfully being passed down from his dad.

When he and the boys returned from his Zio’s place, Antonio was met by his distraught mother. Briefly he wondered where Allison was but then forced himself to forget about it. Assuring his mom that he just needed to be alone, he proceeded to him room to drink his sorrows away. The thought of even visiting the gym did nothing for him. He needed to feel numb for a bit. Since this was pretty much the way he handled sadness mostly everyone knew not to interrupt him. Especially Gio.

The first small rap on the door, he knew the visitor was a stranger to the way he normally operated. Choosing to ignore the knocks, he was shocked to hear the small almost inaudible creek in the door. Alerting him that Miss Allison chose to ignore the subtle warnings to abandon ship. Sitting in the darkest corner of his room he knew she had no clue where he was but he had an eagle eye view of her every move His desert eagle was in hands reach, for her sake she’d better be glad he knew when to draw.

It surprised him to see she still wouldn’t back down after threatening her to leave him alone. In a weird way, he was almost happy to not be left alone but he was damn sure not going to tell her that. There was no way he was going to allow another individual to feel he was weakened in any way. Although that was the main feeling he had at the moment, weakness. He felt like a failure for not being able to protect his uncle. He was dead and he really didn’t have many answers. Anger was trying it’s best to consume him and if he didn’t get a grip on it soon, he would more than likely go an all-around killing spree.

Waking up with Allison next to him, he fought with his sensitive side for control. How he wanted to curl up closer to the naked fullness of the body next to him? Maybe even wake her up with the gentleness he lacked the night before. Then he became angry with himself for losing control the way he did and allowed his hormones to lead his actions. This woman had given him the necessary outlet to channel the irate brute inside of him. All without complaint or questioned his motives, just openness and understanding. For that and the act of saving his life, he felt he owed her in a way. That, he didn’t like.

“What did you find out?” Antonio asked Gio as soon as he crossed the threshold into his office. Instead of wallowing in self-pity any longer, after kicking Allison out of his room he went to the office.

“John is magically missing in action. Like he was just wiped off the face of the earth. Accounts are under a fake name. Camera footage is being hacked into and sifted through to get an accurate image. It may take a while.”

“What about Chon?”

“I suggest we hold off a bit on Chon. At least until after the funeral services.”

“…” Antonio didn’t comment but he sort of agreed. Angry plus stubborn makes for an interesting boss.

“This may be out of line but I ran into Allison this morning and she was distraught for some reason. Do you know anything about that?”

“You’re right, it is out of line.”

“I think you’re making a mistake.”

“I didn’t fucking ask you!”

“Well, like it or fucking leave it you need to know. She was worried sick about you last night when we got back. Made dinner and everything. All she wanted to do was check up on you.”

“You should have made sure she knew not to interrupt me.”

“I did but I guess she wanted to see for yourself. She made you food and sat it to the side.”

“I don’t need anyone to take care of me. I am grown ass man.”

“Even grown men need someone.”

“How about this? I need you to mind your own fucking business and do what you have been assigned to do.”

“You mean counseling you? Last I checked, I do my job well.”

“Fuck you, Gio.”

“No thank you.” Just then the door opened revealing a tired looking Allison. He wanted to feel sorry for her but being an asshole felt safer. Maybe now he could get inappropriate thoughts of her out of his mind. Watching her and Gio interact was causing him to shoot daggers at them both. Would she willingly give her body over to any one of his boys if given the opportunity?

“You seem to care about her feelings an awful great deal. Are you interested in her or something?”

“…” Gio chuckled with mock humor. “I will prepare for guests to arrive. Boss.”

Antonio knows when Gio is biting his tongue so as not to cause a rift in their relationship. Thankfully he knew when to draw his line in the sand to keep confusion down. The complete opposite of Antonio. Either way he wouldn’t harp over his spur of the moment hormonal decisions. He needed to prepare for his family and associates that will be coming from all over for the funeral services. Those he cared for and those he couldn’t stand.

“Cousin.” He was approached by yet another family member from the states. This one was by marriage.

“Brian.” He spoke stiffly. Antonio made no qualms about being distant to certain folks. These are the people that he showed his true boss tendencies too. Cold, uncaring, ruthless son of a bitch. But they had better not let him hear them call his mother anything other than a saint. He wore his title proudly.

“Sorry to hear about your uncle.” He got the hint that he wasn’t in an approachable mood.

“Thank you.”

“Brian. It’s wonderful of you all to come.” Carlina interceded seeing as Antonio was a little shocked to have them here. Brian had escorted his mother and his father in law who is Carlina’s brother to Italy. Technically they didn’t have any ties to the organization besides begging him to hire Brian at the security firm. They didn’t have a personal relationship with Carmine in order to fly around the world to be here in Antonio’s opinion. “Clemencio and Martha, it’s been a while.”

“Carlina, it has been so long since you’ve been in touch. It seems you’re always busy when we try to visit.” Martha remarked. Antonio never cared for the woman or her shit faced son.

“Give your big brother a hug. I’ve missed you sweetie.”

“Same here.” The brother and sister embraced with Carlina totally ignoring Martha’s snide remarks. “I had no idea that you all were coming.”

“Why wouldn’t we come? Carmine was like family.” Martha said like it was a natural thing for them to come. He internally rolled his eyes at the statement. They were nothing like family. “Especially with Brian working for the family and all. It was only fitting.”

“We were under the impression you were expecting us.” Clemencio looked from Antonio to Carlina in confusion.

“Actually no…” Antonio started only to be cut off.

“But it’s fine.” Carlina smoothed over giving Antonio a pointed look to keep his mouth shut. “I will have the staff set up a room for you all.”

“See, I told you Clemmy. They have plenty of room to accommodate the three of us.” Martha feigned innocence.

Antonio was not feeling the sleeping arrangements one bit. Out of town house guests that weren’t invited bothered him. Remembering something Gio told him about what Brian had been saying about Allison struck a nerve. If what he said was the truth there is no doubt he will try his luck and create an in house play mate. That he was not going for, he didn’t give a damn if he was somewhat family or not. No one on his team actually cared for the snot nosed little bastard. How his uncle got tangled up with that hot mess he will never know.

Since Allison had remained busy most of the day, they hadn’t run into one another just yet. He was interested to see what the reaction will be. His mother had been up to her eyeballs in keeping Martha occupied as she went on and on about nothing. Antonio had been busy going over paperwork and other printouts Allison needed him to look over. The working relationship was awkward between them but neither of them spoke on it nor would she make eye contact with him. Getting ready for dinner he felt something was going to pop off he just didn’t know what yet.

“I apologize for my tardiness. I lost track of time.” Allison announced walking into the dining room. Since she was hell bent on walking around looking down she hadn’t noticed there were guests.

“No qualms caro.” Carlina spoke. “I haven’t seen you all day. Antonio is keeping you too busy.” She laughed.

“Who is this black girl? And why is she here?” He heard Martha question with venom clear in her voice. The look she gave off wasn’t polite either. Antonio couldn’t tell if his mother heard her or if she just ignored the ugly woman.

“Allison sweetheart, I’d like for you to meet my brother Clemencio. His wife Martha and his step-son Brian. Everyone this Allison Myers.” As soon as she laid eyes on Brian, the shock on her face was fascinating. Instead of a look of recognition of a past lover it was of pure fear.

“We meet again Mrs. Myers.” Brian said smoothly as if he knew exactly where the fear came from and he was enjoying every minute of it.

“Oh you’ve met before?” Carlina asked.

“Briefly.” Brian winked for added effect. “We should catch up later.” It didn’t miss Antonio that she swallowed hard. He knew then that something wasn’t right.

“Hello dear. It’s nice to meet you.” Clemencio spoke with a pleasant smile on his face.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you as well.” Martha didn’t bother to speak nor did she look approachable. The greeting smile Allison gave was met with an evil eye in return. This visit from the extra parts of the family would definitely be interesting. And probably not in a good way.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 7.4K 49
"I hate you. I hate you so much! You chain me to the table to eat. You chain me to the bed when I sleep. You chain me for anything that takes longer...
337K 10.4K 35
Let's say your about to marry the man of your dreams, but you're mother in law hates you, threatens your unborn child, and no one - not even your fia...
105K 3.2K 39
In a ransom deal gone terribly wrong, Florence Blackmore is swept away from her home in the Victorian countryside and made to test her darkest limits...
20.3K 782 44
Insert from story "You have kind eyes." He said, holding my gaze. "You look innocent." That was on purpose. "Are you ever going to tell me your name...