Remedy (ShinKami Story)

By Lost-And-Never-Found

Book 2 to Diseased. Takes place a few more years into the future from Chapter 40 (or was it 41?) of Diseased... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N

Chapter 17

209 8 20
By Lost-And-Never-Found

After the voices eased from Denki's mind, everyone decided to head home to process and grieve the loss of a legend with their own families. It was now 10:00 pm and Denki and Hitoshi were lying in bed. Denki had his head against his partner's chest, while the other adult stoked his hair. Tears pricked the blonde's eyes. He sniffled and Shinso shifted and looked at his husband.

"Hey... What's wrong? Is it about All Might?"

"No... But I'm scared Hitoshi... My father can get into my head and it's got me worried that he might be able to make me do things against my will... a bit like your Brainwashing quirk..."

Silence.

"Toshi...?"

Denki looked at his partner and saw that his eyes were a golden colour and his face had gone all soft.

"Oh Denki... There's no need to fear, my love... Everything will be alright. I will personally make sure that he doesn't lay a finger on your family. You just need to trust me when I say that all of this is happening for a reason, even if you don't understand it right now. Just continue to remember that I love you..."

Shinso's eyes then turned back to the indigo that Denki fell in love with. He was confused and the confusion was also written on his partner's face. Then, something clicked.

"I think... My mother just visited us..."

"What are you on about, Denks?"

"Your eyes. They turned gold like my own. Your voice wasn't your own. You sounded... You sounded like my mother."

"So, you're telling me that your mother's ghost just possessed me without me knowing and talked to you...?"

"Yes! She said that there was nothing to fear and that all of this was happening for a reason. She also said that she would protect us from him..."

"I believe you."

"You do?!"

"Yeah. Because you can't make that stuff up on your own."

"Wha- HEY! YOU BITCH!"

Denki grabbed his pillow and threw it against his purple haired lover's face, laughing only for his partner to give him payback and hit him with his own pillow. They eventually grew tired and lay back down to sleep, only for Denki to be thrown into a night terror.

-

Denki woke up screaming, causing Shinso to jolt awake in a panic. He turned on the bedside lamp and turned to find his partner in a panic ridden semi-unconsciousness. He still seemed to be asleep as he wasn't responding but awake at the same time as he was panicking.

"DENKI! DENKI CALM DOWN! Everything will be alright."

"He was there...! I was there... mum was there. He killed her. He then turned to me and shot me just before I woke up..." Denki started to sob uncontrollably. "I'm scared, Hitoshi...! He's plaguing my mind and I can't get him out. I want him gone..."

"Denki... I know you want him gone. I know that these night terrors are scaring you... I'm so sorry you have to re-live it all when you close your eyes... I really am."

"What am I supposed to do, 'Toshi? I can't continue to live like this."

"... Maybe we could take you to a psychologist...?"

"...."

"They might help you to find a way to stop these night terrors and the panic attacks..."

Denki thought for a while. Maybe it would be a good idea. Maybe they could help...

"I'll give it a try..."

"Alright... We'll book an appointment tomorrow morning, OK?"

"OK..."

The insomniac placed a kiss on the blonde's forehead. The duo lay back down. Shinso looked into the blonde's golden eyes until they eventually closed once more. Shinso still continue to lay there and watch him sleep, stroking his yellow hair. He found that, it not only puts Denki to sleep, but it keeps himself calm enough that he would hopefully fall asleep, too.

---

The next morning, Denki lay on the couch, staring into nothingness. Shinso (just going to refer to him like this until they get married!) placed a bowl of cereal before Hikori. Shinso began to pour the milk but his gaze was fixed on the blonde, laying across the couch.

"Papa!"

Snapping his attention to his son, Shinso quietly cursed as he realised he had poured the milk over the limit and it had gone all over the counter. Placing the milk carton down, Shinso grabbed a cloth and started to clean up the mess. Shinso had called a psychologist that morning and Denki didn't have an appointment till 3:00 that afternoon.

Something had been broken in the blonde's mind and it wasn't healing right. He was really jumpy, fixed on revenge, his night terrors were getting worse and, although he hadn't had an anxiety attack for months, there was still that pinching feeling that it was building up to something bigger. Shinso sighed. He had no clue or what to do. Hopefully the psychologist does.

---

As Shinso changed for bed that night, he couldn't help but let the words play over and over in his mind like a broken record. Denki wouldn't say anything to him, even though Shinso sat in the waiting room with Hikori, while Denki went in, and the insomniac kept asking if everything went OK, it seemed like the blonde had gone mute.

The blonde trudged into the room in PJ bottoms and a plain black shirt, but instead of cuddling into his partner's chest like he did every night, Denki just rolled over and went to sleep without even a simple good night to his partner.

Shinso lay in bed, staring at the ceiling and letting his thoughts swim for what seemed like hours on end. With a sigh and a huff, Shinso quietly removed himself from the bed, pulling the covers back up so that Denki stays warm.

As Shinso closed the bedroom door, he heard voices coming from Hikori's room. intrigued and wondering why his son was awake at 10:30 at night, Shinso slowly walked towards the room, only to feel a cool breeze coming from inside. Opening the door enough for him to look through, Shinso stifled a gasp. There, in his son's room, was a tall man with black hair and dull gold eyes. Two large scars went over both is eyes and created an X on his forehead. Rai Kaminari. How the man got the scars was a mystery to Shinso.

The man was talking to the little boy.

"So...? You're my grandpa too?!" Hikori questioned with innocence and excitement, holding his Pikachu plush close to his chest. Shinso watched. He didn't want to intervene as this man was extremely dangerous.

"Yes I am. Did your Daddy never tell you about me?" Rai asked.

"No... He said you and grandma were dead. Are you a ghost?!"

"Heavens NO! but my wife is dead. She dies when your daddy was 16 years old. Your daddy doesn't like me. So that's why he probably didn't tell you about me."

"I'll go and wake him up so that he can see you!"

"NO!" the man's yelling startled the little boy. "Sorry. I mean why don't we just let him sleep. This can be our little secret! Can you keep a secret?"

"I can keep secrets! No one will ever know! I promise!"

"OK then. I've got to go. You lay back down and go back to sleep. Bye Hikori."

"Wait! Can I tell Papa?"

"Not even Papa can know."

"Not even grandpa Aizawa, Grandpa Mic, Aunt Eri or Uncle Kota?"

"No... No one is to know. Now go back to sleep."

"Ok grandpa! Night night!"

"Nighty night."

Shinso hid behind the door as Rai's gaze shifted to where he stood. Shinso held his breath until he heard the window close once more. Fearing the safety of his son, Shinso wandered in, acting as if he knew nothing.

"Hey bud. Who you talking to?"

"Just my Pikachu and my kitty!"

Shinso had to swallow the lump in his throat. Rai was teaching his 4-year-old son how to lie. Shinso pushed down the rage that wanted to boil over.

"OK then, but it's too late to be playing so go back to sleep and you can play in the morning. Good night, Hikori."

"Night Papa!"

Shinso tucked his son back in and made sure that the window was securely locked, before leaving. Shinso headed downstairs and turned on his phone and searched through the contacts. He reached the one he wanted and clicked on it.

"Aizawa? I need some help."

Sorry for the late update, but if you saw my last announcement you understand why.

Anyways, thanks for sticking with me for so long.

I love you all!

Xxx

- ShinKamiShipster.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570K 9.4K 19
[Currently being rewritten] "Wait I been fucking a Todoroki all along?" Trama was a word to describe their life. Being the second oldest of the Todor...
29.2K 685 38
(DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Hero Academia or its characters. It's clear in the title that this is a fan fiction, with some OCs (characters' kids and...
267K 7.7K 40
⚠️KEEP IN MIND!! THIS WAS MY FIRST STORY!! IT'S BAD, AND CRINGE!!⚠️ ⚠ I am working on remaking this book, I was new to writing when I made this, and...
53.5K 1.3K 24
izuku just got his quirk diagnosed on his 5th birthday and was celebrating it with his mom and the bakugos. on his way home his mom was killed and he...