love letters- jess mariano

By theogmrsdarcy

when new yorker sabrina collins moves to a small town in connecticut and begins a journey with a certain trou... More

cast
playlist
1. the night we met
2. i'll see you again
3. girl next door
4. there she goes
5. bad reputation
6. brutal
7. it's nice to have a friend
8. show them you're all grown up
9. the way i loved you
10. somewhere only we know
11. iris
12. my kind of woman
13. happiness is a butterfly
14. teenage dirtbag
15. except you, you can stay
16. out of the woods
18. backstabber
19. all too well
20. knowing me, knowing you
21. girls just wanna have fun
22. this is what you came for
23. the 1
24. hey there delilah
25. brooklyn baby
26. lover
authors note

17. grease

2.1K 55 27
By theogmrsdarcy

i walked into school with my bag swung on my shoulder and my books in my hand when cassidy came running over. "SABRINA!" she yelled causing my eyes to widen and my face cover with concern.

"what? are you okay?" i questioned worried for my friend.

"he dumped me right before the party." cassidy cried out to me.

i frowned at her, i wasn't quite sure who she was talking about but i was gonna try to be as supportive as i could anyway.

"aw, i'm so sorry cas." i sighed giving her a hug.

"i really liked this one." she wailed before blowing her nose onto my shoulder causing my face to turn.

"well..." i sighed looking for the right words to say. "there will be someone else." i told her. "look at you, you'll easily find a guy." i smiled, as we released.

"not before the party." she cried out again. "it's saturday night." she stated. "that's only one, two, three, FOUR days." she counted on her fingers.

my eyebrows furrowed, what party was she talking about? i had no clue about any party.

"you better be there as well." she ordered before blowing her nose with a tissue.

"cassidy, what party?"

"the halloween party i'm hosting." she stated rolling her eyes playfully.

shit. the halloween party. it had completely slipped my mind. i didn't have my costume planned or anything. i couldn't believe i had forgotten.

"oh yes!" i said enthusiastically. "the halloween party, i can't wait by the way." i smiled.

"i know it's gonna be awesome." cassidy excitedly squealed.

at least that cheered her up. "look, i've gotta go and find jess. if you need anything page me." i told her, as i began walking off trying to find my what seemed like invisible boyfriend.

-

"there you are." i smiled as i walked up to jess sitting alone in the library. "i haven't seen you in like forever, i'm starting to think you hate me." i laughed lightly.

he looked up quickly and gave me a small smile, before looking back down at what he was reading.

i looked down to see what it was and i was surprised to see he was studying. my eyebrows raised slightly as i read over one of the questions he was revising.

"so, erm..." i started, nervous to hear what he would say, "cassidy's having a halloween party on saturday, obviously since that's halloween." i awkwardly said, as he looked up and began staring at me with a smile.

i kept my eyes straight ahead ignoring him, as i carried on. "anyways, she's invited us and i want us to go."

i turned and saw him sat with that crooked smile on his face. "what?" i laughed turning red from embarrassment.

"nothing." he softly said shaking his head gently.

"so is that a yes?" i smiled excitedly.

he carried on smiling whilst looking at me, before he simply replied, "no."

my face dropped, as i sighed. "jess, we have to go for her," i complained. "she's my friend, i can't let her down." i told him. "please, please, please." i begged pulling at his arm.

he looked at me straight in the eyes, as i waited for his response. "alright then." he answered finally giving in.

"yes!" i exclaimed kissing him multiple times.

"but no matching costumes." he stated pointing his finger.

"no matching costumes my ass." i stated rolling my eyes at him, before standing up. "we'll just go as sandy and danny then you won't even have to change." i smiled trying to walk away, before jess grabbed me back causing me to start laughing, as he began to kiss me.

-

halloween
i was getting ready for the party and i had curled my hair and pinned up in the right places just like sandy.

i applied my red lipstick generously on my lips and scrunched the ends of my hair once more making sure they were super curly.

i stepped into my black heels, before putting on my black leather jacket.

i walked downstairs to show my mom, as she cheered for me. "yes!" she exclaimed clapping her hands. "you look so good!" she smiled.

"well you made the outfit." i chuckled giving her a spin.

"oh, well no wonder i love it." she laughed playfully boasting about her work. "when will jess be here?" she questioned.

"he said 8.30, so any minute." i smiled excitedly, before hearing a car pull up outside playing summer nights.

my mom and i turned to look at each other, before she rushed to the windows and i ran to open the door, seeing jess sat in the front of a cream 1950s ford mustang convertible. he was sat looking into the rear view mirror and combing the back of his hair so it was slick on the sides.

i began laughing at him. i was so in love with him i couldn't handle it. he had gone all out on this just for me.

jess must have heard me laugh, because he instantly looked up at me with a smile.

"sabrina, go." my mom encouraged me, as she gently pushed me out the door with a smile on her face. i turned to face her, but she kept whispering for me to go.

i rolled my eyes and walked down the steps with an ecstatic smile on my made up face.

as i approached the car, jess quickly stood up and ran over to open the door and let me in. "thank you." i smiled at him, as i sat down.

i waited for him to get back into his seat, before i said anything else. "jess this is amazing." i smiled at him with laughter in my voice. "you look great by the way." i mentioned looking at how he styled his hair just like danny and his outfit. "oh and this car." i added with wide eyes looking around at it.

"the car?" jess questions with a small grin on his face. "why, this car is auto-matic. it's system-matic. it's hyrdro-matic. why, it's greased lightning!" he exclaimed quoting danny, before turning on the engine.

i couldn't stop laughing by this point everything was so perfect. "you're such a nerd at heart. i love it." i smiled at him, as he reversed back and began to drive off.

-

when we arrived at the party and got out of the car, i began feeling nervous. what if everyone laughed at us as soon as we walked in?

"jess, what if another couple has a better costume as us." i sighed looking at him, before he stopped.

"we're danny and sandy. no one is gonna look better than us" he confidently stated causing me grin.

"okay." i nodded, as i held his hand and walked into the party with him.

i loved how enthusiastic he was about the whole thing. it meant so much. this was my first timing seeing this side of him and i honestly loved it.

as soon as we walked in, cassidy ran over to us and excitedly hugged us. "you guys came!" she exclaimed. "and you look great." she smiled at us.

"so do you, cas." i replied, she was dressed up as a nurse. she was wearing a little tight nurse dress and a little hat, with a stethoscope.

"you sure i don't look too slutty?" she questioned titling her head.

i paused and tried to think of something to say, "it's good, you're a hot nurse." i smiled thinking that was the best way to word it.

-

we had so much fun all night. it was like he stopped caring what anyone thought and let any guard he had up before down and just enjoyed himself.

"are you ready to leave?" i asked jess, as it began getting late. it was approaching 1am, but jess was staying at mine that night anyway.

"yeah." he nodded.

"okay, i'm just gonna say bye to cass." i smiled at him.

he nodded, "i'll warm up the car." he told me, before we walked separate ways.

i walked up to cassidy, she was dressed up as a nurse, "hey." i smiled at her.

"SABRINA!" she exclaimed with her arm up. "we've gotta go dance." she told me dragging me to dance with her.

"cass." i said, but she couldn't hear me. "CASSIDY!" i yelled finally getting her attention.

"yeah?"

"i'm gonna go home now." i told her.

"oh okay." she frowned. "thanks for coming." she smiled giving me a hug.

"thank you for a great night." i replied with a smile.

-

we got back to mine and jess and i were laying on my bed. my head was resting on his chest and he was playing with my hair.

"tonight was so much fun." i smiled up at him.

"yeah, it actually was." he admitted nodding his head carrying on playing with the curls on my head.

"i can't believe you did all that for me." i chuckled thinking back at the car, the music, the outfit; everything he did.

"well of course." he shrugged. "it's not often i do that sort of stuff, so why don't go all out."

"does luke know?" i laughed imaging what luke would've said to him about all of this.

"yep and he's probably gonna make fun of me for it till the day he dies, but i don't even care." he told me with a soft chuckle in his voice.

"where did you even get the car from?" i asked him.

"gypsy knew someone, who knew someone else who i rented the car from." he explained, as the smile on my face grew wider.

"i actually love you so much." i laughed shaking my head, before shooting up realising what i had just said. "did i-"

"did you-?"

"i-"

a million things were going through my mind right now. why did i have to say it? everything was so good. what if it's ruined stuff? was it the wrong time? it was definitely the wrong time. why isn't he saying anything.

JESS' POV
she had turned her back to me. shit. she couldn't even look at me. i want her to know she hasn't ruined anything. i need her to know i love her and i've never felt this way about anyone before.

however, every time i tried to speak i felt my throat feel as if it was closing up and i was swallowing blades. i had never been this open with anyone about how i feel, mostly because i've never loved anyone but also because i've never been a sharer. i always kept myself to myself; but sabrina makes me feel comfortable. i have no worry when i'm talking to her. everything feels natural.

i breathe in and place my hand on her shoulder hoping she'll turn back and face me. "sabrina." i whisper with a deep tone of voice.

she slowly turns around and i meet with her chestnut doe eyes. "i love you." i reveal, as a smile covers my face. i actually said it. "i love you, i love you, i love you." i repeated between my laughs as she chuckled along, before our lips gently touched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 8.5K 27
Charlie tries to hide his feelings for his co-star Saige but it gets harder and harder the more he spends time with her.
113K 2.3K 41
𝗘𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗼𝗯 𝗕𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱, 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝗮𝗰�...
198K 19.2K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...