4. there she goes

i got up early to say goodbye to my dad, since he was going to japan for a couple of weeks on a business trip and i knew i wouldn't be able to see him for a while.

i was feeling multiple emotions at this point; worry, fear, sadness, excitement, curious.

i smiled from the window watching my dad get into his car. i was used to saying goodbye to him, i just couldn't believe he was wasn't going to be coming back home afterwards.

"you okay, honey?" mom smiled, as she wrapped her arm around me.

she was already dressed in her black pencil skirt and blouse, her thick brown hair tied up in a french twist and i could smell her expensive perfume.

"yeah, i'm good," i smiled back at her. "can we have some coffee?" i asked her.

"of course." she replied, as we walked into the kitchen together and sat at the small table.

-

my bedroom was all decorated exactly how i wanted it to be. i had a dusky lilac wall, which my bed was against. my bed was a white metal framed double, with silky ivory sheets neatly made onto it. i had flower vines scattered on the walls and my large white book shelf in reach from my bed.

i sat at my desk and pulled my free standing mirror closer to me, so i could see what i was doing.

i brushed my hair through to tidy it up, before applying some light makeup.

i went into my closet and took out my pleated corduroy skirt and paired it with my grey and black tight band shirt. i then tied up my leather boots, before walking downstairs.

"sabrina!" lorelai smiled, as she stood up to greet me.

"oh, hi." i smiled. i wasn't expecting any visitors and i loved lorelai already, but it was still a little awkward for me, since i hadn't seen her since i was little.

"this is rory." she smiled, as her daughter, my cousin stood up to introduce herself.

"hi, i'm rory." she awkwardly chuckled.

"hey." i replied with a bright smile.

"our moms think we're going to be best friends, because we're related and the same age." rory explained looking back at the hopeful mothers.

"oh, well in that case, i'm sure we will be."

-

rory and i were sat in my room to get to know each other. she noticed my collection of books and was fascinated. i assumed she must've been just as in love with books as i was."so what's your favourite book?" i asked her.

"oh definitely anna karenina by leo tolstoy." she answered, as she continued to browse. my assumption was correct.

"so, where do you go to school?" i asked her trying to make small talk.

"well, i used to go to stars hollow high, but now i attend chilton." she explained to me. i was attending stars hollow high. i had decided against going back to a private school.

the girls were always such bitches and the guys were pompous assholes, so i definitely knew i did not want to be starting half way through a semester.

"oh, that's great for you." i replied. "i used to go to a private school, but i'm just gonna stick with stars hollow high i think." i nodded slowly.

"so, do you see our grandparents much?" she asked me.

i looked up at her and pressed my lips shut, before speaking, "not really as much" i sighed. "they didn't approve of the divorce, so we haven't been for months." i explained, even though my grandmother was sometimes hard work and my grandpa had no clue what day it was, until my grandma reminded him, i still liked seeing them, because they were still my grandparents.