12. my kind of woman

"you're in a happy mood." i smiled at my mom watching her sit down next to me at the breakfast table, as she groaned and put her head down.

she was suffering from a hangover, which to be completely honest i wasn't surprised about.

"you shouldn't have that much to drink if you can't take the consequences of a hangover." i stated pouring her a cup of fresh coffee.

"well, i have nothing to do today, so it's fine." she replied massaging her temples gently.

i glanced over at the calendar and noticed that the 27th was circled. i paused for a moment furrowing my eyebrows. "mom, do you know what day it is today?" i questioned turning to face her.

"ugh, sabrina i can't deal with this right now." she sighed looking at me. "i don't know i think the 27th?" she answered.

i didn't say anything just looked at her to try and jog her memory of what was happening today.

"shit." she cursed jumping up from her seat with wide eyes. "i'm getting the keys for the boutique i have to be there in..." she began to panick, before checking the time. "twenty minutes!" she exclaimed rushing off upstairs to get dressed.

i chuckled lightly shaking my head, as i poured myself my own cup and sat happily drinking it reading the stars hollow newspaper.

i looked up and began thinking about last night. i held my mug up resting it on my chin, as i sat with a smile on my face. i couldn't wait to see him again.

i heard a loud knock at the door, which slightly startled me. "it's open!" i yelled, as rory came storming in.

"tonight was supposed to be simple, but now i have to look pretty and girly, which i cannot do." she frustratedly complained. "sabrina, you've gotta help me." she begged.

rory and dean were having a date tonight, it was originally just gonna be a chilled movie night like normal, but instead dean had decided to take rory out for food.

"what time is he picking you up?" i questioned.

"seven."

"alright, we have loads of time." i smiled at her.

-

we were walking through stars hollow discussing what rory could wear. "okay, so i have a cute dress that you could wear at mine if you'd like?" i suggested to her, as she began complaining about how she had nothing to wear.

"alright, yeah." she nodded as she began coming a little more calmer.

we kept walking around as i began to think about what else we could get. "oh!" i exclaimed remembering about nails. "we should get you a new nail polish." i said, as we began walking over to the beauty shop.

we were laughing together starting to approach the shop, before i noticed jess stood at the counter talking to the cashier.

"quick." i whispered to rory, as i pulled her to the side so we were out of sight.

"what?" she questioned wondering why she had suddenly been grabbed and pulled away.

i paused for a minute and began walking back and forth.

"sabrina, seriously." she stated. "what is going on?"

"okay promise not to say anything?"