Write your Way into my Heart

By Wrenchxoxo

Haikyu!! Timeskip AU! M/n Mitsuru is a newly promoted employee of a famous sports magazine company, he was in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Christmas Special! Hanamaki + Matsukawa
Christmas Special! Meian + Inunaki
Christmas Special! Tobio + Shoyo
Christmas Special! Iwaizumi + Oikawa
Christmas Special! Akaashi +Bokuto
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Discontinued, sorry ;(

Chapter 18

634 43 11
By Wrenchxoxo

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"That was the best 1 hour of my life!" Exclaimed by the enthusiastic h/c-nette, draping his arm around makki as they walk towards his car.

Makki, surprised by the sudden skin to skin contact, could only laugh nervously as he felt his heart pound fast. His throat felt dry, and his cheeks feels like it's heating up.

"Y-yeah, it was fun watching with you- well, not to say that it wasn't fun without you but it was more fun because you were there-!" What a simple reply that turned into him going on a tangent, the pinky man was punching the air right now. M/n laughed at him, lazily pointing at him with his index finger. "You are a fun person to be with, let's go to an amusement park next time"

He offered, detaching himself from the makki, and opened the door for him before entering from the driver's side.

"What's your address? I'll take you home." He asked, putting a seat belt on, makki saw what he did and mimicked him. Once he given his address, m/n started the car.

The whole car ride to the man's house was fun, the both jammed into the song on the radio, and makki told m/n stories of his highschool shenanigans. A certain description stuck out to him though, it was the one about a guy who has somewhat of a spiky black hair, and is always angry but has good intentions.

"Thanks for the ride, m/n." Makki thanked him once more, unbuckling his seatbelt. "No problem pink marshmallow" M/n replied in a nonchalant tone, he pulled out his phone to see a bunch of text messages from his best friend iwaizumi.

Makki was surprised by the nickname, but decided to let it pass, mainly because it brought a smile to his face. Whilst, m/n was scrolling through countless messages of iwaizumi asking where he was.

:Oi sorry i didn't get the door, but i was at home why did you leave so soon?

:are you there? im sorry if i made you mad.

:please reply, atleast tell me if you're okay?

:I'm at your condo, why aren't you here?

:Im sorry m/n, i didn't know you were visiting.

:m/n? please reply, it's been a day...i'm getting worried

:hey buddy, im really sorry, please tell me how can i make it up to you, just please reply.

"Drive safely on your way back, see ya" Makki's voice got m/n's attention, he was too busy reading the messages that he forgotten about makki. "Oh yeah, thanks, ill text you when i get home." He replied, before starting the engine, makki waved goodbye as he looked at m/n from the gate of his house. He watched him until he was out of sight.

Makki sighed, the fatigue is setting in. He recalled what he and m/n had done. A sweet smile appeared on his face as he opened his front door with his key.

his tired yet dreamy state turned into a anxious one when he opened the door. His living room lights were on. He didn't opened the light when he left, so who could it be?

"Took you long enough, had fun with your date?"

The breath his holding in finally released when he heard that familiar annoying voice. He sighed as he turned to face the man who cause the fright of his quarter life.

"You prick, you could've texted me y'know!" He exclaimed, throwing his beanie towards the man which he effortlessly dodged.

While on the other hand, m/n was doing the thing that everyone has been reminding him of. To not text and drive. Despite all the warnings and lectures given by his parents, iwaizumi and peers, he's taking his chances.

Hey iwa! sorry for the super late reply, but i'm fine, am going home now. TTYL bye! ily!

He realised he had said an ily at the end once he hit the send button, his eyes widen in regret but quickly morphed into a neutral one.

He stepped out of the car, and walk in a hasty manner towards his condo. Upon reaching the place, he wasted no time entering and finally collapsing on the couch. His hands slid towards the remote control and opened the TV, for some background noise.

Hey! just got home, im gonna hit the hay now, goodnight! thanks for today!

His back was killing him. While, m/n was taking his sweet time resting, iwaizumi was combusting. He was combusting beside oikawa, his best friend who was pouting because he wasn't expecting iwaizumi to sit beside him and stare at his phone for the whole night.

"Are we going to watch a movie or what?" He asked, his voice had a slight tone of irritation. His question was only met with a grunt from iwaizumi who was blushing hard. The brunette raised a brow, as he looked at his best friend, immediately grabbing the boy's phone away from his hands and to look for himself.

His eyes widen at the content he saw, beside him was an angry iwaizumi, screaming every profanities in the kanji and english language. "Oh my god! iwa-chan! you didn't tell me you have a boyfriend?!" He exclaimed. His mood seemed to change with the newly found information.

A mischievous grin made it's way to his face as he gave the tanned male his phone back. "Hehe~ no wonder you were busy all up in your phone." he teased, pinching iwaizumi's cheeks. "I DON'T have a boyfriend.....yet" He replied, leaving out the last part to himself. "Oya? did i hear that right? i heard you say yet" Oikawa asked rhetorically, cupping one of his ear with his hand before teasing his best friend once more.

Their supposedly a movie night in celebration of oikawa coming home, turned into a little girls sleep over, with oikawa interviewing iwaizumi about m/n, whom he was crushing on.

M/n woke up from his nap when he heard his phone ding, opening it to see what notification he got and saw it was from iwaizumi.

:Sorry i replied late, crappykawa got my phone and stuff.

There was a brief smile on his face, but suddenly disappeared when he realised that the 'crappykawa' must've been the person he saw earlier.

It's fine! i was going to sleep anyways, goodnight! and sorry for the ily part earlier, it slipped my mind. That's all, night :)

M/n threw his phone in the table and buried his face in the cushion of his sofa.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Another day, means another grind of our lovely salaryworker. M/n.

Despite the events happened last night, he had a smile on his face, even the man himself didn't understand why he had such a big smile but either way, he wasn't complaining.

The events that happened between m/n and iwa, has never been brought up ever again. Both decided to went on with their day without needing to talk to one another.

"Somebody woke up in the right side of the bed" Bokuto joked, him and m/n had grew fond of one another after m/n was invited in akaashi's housewarming party last month. The two hit it off, and became friends.

"I wouldn't exactly call it a bed but yeah" He replied, sipping from his cup as he took a seat infront of the buff male. Right now, they planned to have lunch with one another to talk about a very important thing.

Akaashi's Birthday.

M/n placed both of his elbows on the table and looked at bokuto in a serious manner. "What should we do for his birthday?" he asked lowly, suspecting that the man in question is nearby. Bokuto seemed to like the idea of them acting all discreet, he mimicked m/n's voice.

"I'm thinking of throwing him a surprise party at my house, or at a restaurant.." He told him, rubbing his chin as he looked down in his coffee.

M/n chewed on his lip, he has one idea in mind, but he's somewhat hesitating. He feels like this suggestion of his, will turn into a shitty mess.

"You seem deep in thought, a penny for your thought?" Bokuto asked, a toothy grin was ok his face as he rested his head ok his palm. M/n only snorted before removing both of his hands of the table. "I was thinking of holding the party in my house, i mean it's a bit spacious and stuff and you won't have to rent a place." He offered, which made bokuto's eyes lit up.

"Really?! you'd do that!" He exclaimed, standing up from his seat and clasping both m/n's hands with his. His eyes started showing twinkling sparks. M/n could only nod as he watch the boy be engulf by the light he was radiating.

"Too. Bright." He mumbled, squinting his eyes as he looks away from the glowing himbo.

they spent their lunch breaks planning a surprise party for their beloved dark academia boyfriend- i mean, boy friend.

It's 3 minutes before m/n's work shift ends, that he got a message from none other than, osamu miya.

:Hello m/n, are you free tonight? i'd like to invite you for a dinner with my twin and kita-san.

Kita-san? M/n already knew his twin, they're a twin for a reason but the kita one? He's quite unfamiliar with the name.

Hi osamu! Sure, i'll be more glad to join you guys, may i ask? if it's not rude, who's kita-san?

He sent his reply, before going back to finishing his last emails to tend to, so he could go home and prepare for the meetup.

After a few minutes, he heard a ding from his phone.

:Kita-san is the one you met in the restaurant remember? the one im talking to.

Oh. M/n's lips formed into a straight line, realising how stupid he was for forgetting someone he met recently.

Ah my bad, btw, what time are we meeting up? i just got out of my shift.

:Now. I'll fetch you on your building, just wait there.

M/n was surprised, but did not turn down the offer. Less gas used for his car i guess. He made a mental note to come back here once they're done to get his car.

"Yachi?"

"Yes, mr.m/n?"

A head with a short blond hair tied in a ponytail popped out the other side of the wall. M/n jumped from the sudden appearance of the girl.

"Could you tell miranda that i'm clocking out early? I'm meeting someone tonight."

"You got it boss, goodluck on your date!"

"thanks- it's not a date!"

Yachi only snickered as she escorted m/n out the office, talking about the future works planned out by the company. M/n and yachi were both newbies back then, they found friendship on art.

They met at a art exhibit prior to their meet up in work. They both shared their thoughts about a certain artist's work, it was like fate. Yachi was surprised to see a familiar face when she came to work in the first day.

Yachi, being yachi, is a bundle of nerves. Often making a mistake during her first month, but most of the time, m/n would cover for her mistake. Without m/n's help, she would've been fired for all her mistakes.

She would be lying if she didn't gain interest or feelings for the boy, but she was content with being his friend. She long accepted the fact that m/n wouldn't look at her the way she wants to.

"Goodluck on your date, m/n!"

"I told you it's not a date"

He retorted for the last time, facing the girl infront of him. She was wearing a sweet smile, such a sweet girl M/n smiled while staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked, consciously touching her face as she felt m/n's stare. The boy only shook his head and ruffled yachi's hair gently before leaning down to her height.

"Thanks for everything lil sis." He spoke, before giving the girl a tight hug. Yachi was trying hard not to explode from happiness. He's so handsome! She exclaimed, her face flushed. Despite that, she calmed down at the touch of her crush. Slowly wrapping her hands around the boy's back.

"No need to thank me, m/n. I barely did anything for you." Yachi replied, m/n pulled away and looked at yachi in disbelief. "Don't say that, you've done so much for me." m/n reasoned, but before he could go into details, a car honk beside them making them turn their heads to the owner of the sound.

Osamu was pulling up to the said building until he saw two silhouette, one is a man and one seems to be a small woman. Osamu, being the nosey man that he is, slowly pulled up to where they were standing, and once near enough his eyes widen at the sight.

It was m/n, and he was hugging the woman. Osamu felt a burning feeling inside of him, a bitter sickly one. A tch came out of him as he decided to let his presence be known to the two.

The two turned with a surprise looked on their face, it gave osamu a satisfying feeling in his chest. Making him smirk.

"Are we on for our date or what?" Osamu didn't know why he said that, but it felt right at the moment. M/n's eyes widen at the mention of the word date. Whilst the woman had a mischievous smile on her face, she tapped m/n in the back before whispering something to him before retreating back to the building.

M/n faced the smirking osamu with his face flushed, walking towards the back seat not until osamu stopped him. "Why are you sitting there? sit on the passenger seat." He told him, the smirk he had didn't fade whatsoever, which made m/n became flush in anger.

He begrudgingly entered the passenger seat, and buckled his seatbelt before osamu gave him a glance before starting the engine.

"So, how was your day?" Osamu sparked a conversation with the boy who had a permanent scowl on his face. "Did i offend you by calling the dinner a date? sorry." He apologized, his hand found it's way on m/n's shoulder, caressing him slowly.

"I wasn't offended, but yachi was already teasing me that i had a date which i obviously replied with a it's not. Then you just have to come up and say we're going on a date. Sigh, im gonna get a teasing from her tomorrow." He explained, breathing heavily after spouting all those information in one breathing.

"Slow down, no one's out to get you, just tell her it's just a friendly date." Osamu replied, calming m/n who was looking at him with an intent to hurt him.

"You owe me a dessert for the hassle you got me" He bargained, crossing his arms as he looked out the window. Osamu only chuckled as he looked at m/n who was seen pouting by the window pane.

"You look cute puckering your lips like that by the way"

"Oh shush!"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 170 27
Shirabu x fem!reader Chatfic Your senpai, neighbor, and best friend - Bokuto Kotaro, added you into a volleyball gc one day. You're his sweet bestie...
14K 419 13
The managers of the Boys Karasuno Volleyball Club have a field trip they need to go on. With the team practicing for big practice games with some of...
25.1K 559 38
Oikawa is invited to a series of weddings that he returns to Japan to attend. This means that he must come face to face with his unrequited crush and...
1.4K 41 13
You did it, you made it to THE Shiratorizawa. But after becoming the manager for the volleyball team (in hopes of beating your sister, Kiyoko, at Kar...