Unique (Hermione x M! OC)

By Buddy_Waterfalls

(Based on the movies, set in 2001) A boy from New York born into privilege and gifted with intelligence comes... More

1. New York to Hogwarts
2. Meeting the Gang
3. A Hat That Talks?
4. A Day at Hogwarts
5. Cerberus in the Attic
6. Still Breathing
7. Together and Divided
8. The Trap Door
9. The House cup
10. Goodbye For Now
11. Second Year Students
12. First Day
13. Birthday Girl
14. The Chamber of Secrets
15. Harry's Fall
16. Another Terrible Christmas
17. Petrified
18. Fraud
19. Grit
20. See You Soon
21. Third Year Students
Loss
Continuation
22. Back at Hogwarts
23. Some Time Together
24. Birthdays, Werewolves and Quidditch
25. Hogsmeade Winter Trip
26. I Love You Hermione Granger
27. What a Twist!
28. Back to the... Past?
29. Another Year, Another Loss
30. Check Out
31. A Deadly Game
32. Some New Faces
33. It's Worth Repeating
34. Not Your Messenger
35. Dunces and Dragons
36. Forever
37. The Not-So-Little Mermaids
38. Old V's Golden Girls
39. The Bad Apple
40. Heading Home
42. What You Can't See
43. Ministry Interference
44. Dumbledore's Army
A/N: New Cover? You Choose!
45. Christmas Done Right
46. Bubblegum Takes Over
47. Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations
48. The Ministry of Magic
49. Talking Again
50. Year Five Complete
51. A New Teacher
52. Another Save
53. Potions, Memories and Quidditch
54. Getting to Know the Professor
55. Ron Fucks Up
56. Christmas With the Weasleys
57. What's a Horcrux?
58. The Cave of Terrors
59. A Loss Like no Other
60. The Last Train Ride
61. Not Kids Anymore
62. A Wedding Gone Wrong
63. R.A.B.
64. The New Ministry
65. Adverse Effects
66. Not on the Surface
67. Harry's Old Home
68. The Anticipated Return of Our Favorite Idiot
69. Captured
70. The Free Elf
71. A Pleasant Surprise
72. The Impenetrable Bank
73. Family Drama
74. Confronting Old Foes
75. A Part of War
76. The Final Battle
77. Epilogue

41. The Incident

1.2K 35 26
By Buddy_Waterfalls

Dad has been in and out of meetings all summer, losing sleep. Me, Hermione and Harry have all noticed it. He's working himself dry. Right now, we're in the suburbs to see Harry's Aunt and Uncle with Dad's attorney. Despite Hermione's best efforts, she couldn't come. It's only been a week now and I miss her. A lot. Harry's sort of depressed too. My Dad has been good to him, yeah, but such is Dad's curse, he feels more like a friend than a father. Harry needs a father figure right now. He needs Sirius. We took a walk to the nearby playground for some fresh air on this humid day, clear our heads a bit before it gets too late to do so in the near future.

"Sammy, I just want to thank you for sticking it out with me. This is very stressful and I know how stressful it is for you."

"Harry, you're my brother. I'm not going anywhere."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I turn around and take a prepared stance as a band of teenage cronies start coming towards us. "Bloody hell, that's my cousin."

"That Dudley prick?"

"The same."

"Brilliant punch, Big D." One of the cronies says, "Did you see his face?"

"Hey 'Big D.'" Harry says, "Beat up another ten year old?"

"This one deserved it." Dudley says, lakies one through four agree.

"Probably about as much as that cow you swallowed whole, you gluttonous oaf." I spit.

"And who are you?" Dudley scowls

"Samuel Hedrich." I state, pointedly.

"You haven't changed at all, attacking a kid five on one. Very brave." Harry growls.

"Well you're one to talk. You couldn't handle us so you ran away to your little boyfriend and his dad. Now look at you, just because you've ran away to someone else's parents, you think you have the right to judge me? You and your new family can go wherever you want but it can never cover up the fact that you have none. That your family is-" I punch him right below the eye and Harry stomps towards him. Now that their leader is on the ground squealing in pain, the lackeys are frozen in place.

"You want a command motherfuckers? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!" They run as Harry points his wand to Dudley's throat. Then the sky darkens and an eerily familiar feeling of doom settles over me. "Harry?"

"What did you do, Potter?" Harry's cousin squeaks.

"Shut up, fuck boy!" I shout, "And come with us if you want to live." We start to run, "What the fuck are dementors doing out here?!"

"The bloody hell's a dementor?!"

"Shut up, Pillsbury!"

Harry shakes his head, "I don't know!" We go into a tunnel and stop momentarily.

"This is why I need my fucking sword." I whisper, catching my breath. Then the lights flicker. We stand silent for a moment. Then a dementor grabs Harry and pins him against a wall and a second attacks Dudley. I move to help Harry when a third grabs me by my neck and pins me to the ground. "Harry... don't..." Then he starts sucking my soul. Weakened, I grab for Snape's pocket watch. It's already a dagger. I shove it into the dementor's chest and kick it back with all the strength I can muster. Gaining the perfect room to release a spell.

"Expecto Patronum!" Me and Harry chant in unison, promptly dispatching of both of our dementors before launching them both at the one on top of Dudley. I pocket the dagger and whimper, falling back to the ground weakly.

"Bloody Hell. I hate dementors." Harry groans, helping me up and we both move towards Dudley who looks rightly dazed. We hear footsteps and a wagon coming towards us and look up to see what looks like a senile old lady. Harry and I share a look and look back at the lady, "Mrs. Figg!"

She comes closer. "Don't put away your wand Harry, they might come back." As we start to move, Harry and I have to carry Dudley. He isn't light. Soon, night comes and we're walking down Harry's street. "Dementors? In Little Whinging? Whatever next? The whole world's gone topsy-turvy."

"I don't understand, how do you know abou-" Harry pipes up.

"Dumbledore asked me to keep an eye on you while you're here for the custody signing."

"Dumbledore asked you? You know Dumbledore?"

"After You Know Who killed that Diggory boy last year, do you really think he wouldn't take any precautions for two of the most promising young wizards of our age?" We both look down, "And one of you is supposed to be the smartest person alive." She gives us a sweet smile, "Now get inside, Colson is waiting for you." We do, hauling Dudley to the door and knocking.

"What the hell do they feed this kid?" I ask as Harry knocks.

"Wait 'till you see his Dad."

Sure enough the person who answers the door is a man who would be best described as a gigantic caucasian basketball with limbs who is visibly fuming with anger. Dad stands right behind him. "Oh dear, best get him inside." He pushes the overweight man out of the way as we move inside and set his son down. The mother fawns over him, making sure her sweet little boy is okay.

"Who did this to you?" Sumo-dad demands. Fuckboy points at us. "You!" The walking blimp growls.

"The eye was my son, and I assure you, just punishment will be in store at home. As for how he looks now, neither of them could do that. That's the work of a dementor." Dad says, gravely. "He needs chocolate."

"Why?" The lady demands.

"Dementors eat souls, chocolate is literally called food for the soul. It helps ease... this. You can eat, right boy?" Dudley nods as Discount Kong gets the chocolate. Dad's attorney types out something.

"Why are they respecting him?" Harry asks.

"He's a successful salesman outside of wizardry too. Owns a tech company."

"Cool." Harry says, "What does he sell?"

"I don't know. Tech?" I say.

Uglier Peter Griffin comes back with the chocolate and hands it to Dad who gives a piece to Dudley. Dudley eats it and stops visibly shaking. "Now how are you going to repay the damage your son's caused?"

"I'm gonna let you keep your job and son by not outing you as an abusive scumbag. If I get full custody of Harry, that is." Dad spits. "I can make it very hard for you to be anything but a janitor for the rest of your life, so I'd take the deal." Dad's attorney holds out the document.

"Fine." The human semi truck growls, signing his name on the document before leaving and taking his son upstairs, red as a tomato. The lady does the same before following her husband. Just then, an owl shows up with a letter that comes to life, much like one Ron got from his mother in second year. 

"Dear Mr. Hedrich and Mr. Potter," It says, "The ministry has received intelligence that at six twenty-three this evening, you both performed the Patronus Charm in the presence of a muggle. As a clear violation of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, you are both hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk." It turns back into a regular letter that Dad tears in half.

"Bullshit, you are. That's not a valid punishment for a small violation. Is this case closed, Hopkins?"

"Yes sir, I just need to mail this in to the judge."

"Good, got a new case for you, then."

"No need." A voice says behind us. Moody. We all turn to see him and a group of wizards and witches. "Dumbledore is using his power to force a legal hearing. It's time, Colson."

"Already?" Moody nods gravely. "Okay." Dad exhales. "Kids, all these meetings I've been going to, they aren't for work. Most of them, anyway. I'm a part of a group I hoped I'd never have to join again. The Order of the Phoenix. You're gonna learn more about it later but we have to take you to the secret headquarters. It's no longer safe here. Hopkins, drive the Ford home." He tells his attorney, tossing her his keys.

"Yes sir." She says, taking her briefcase and scurrying away.

Dad waits for her to be gone before continuing, "We need to go, it'll be safe at the headquarters. You'll see a few friendly faces and your stuff will be there. Come on, shake a leg."

"I can't." Moody jokes, tapping his peg leg twice before leading the way outside. We stand in a line and Moody taps his staff on the ground twice for our brooms to appear in front of us. "Learned that trick from yer dad." He says, nudging me with his elbow. "Stay in formation, everyone! Don't break ranks if someone is killed." Then we all take off.

"Won't someone see us?" I ask a girl with purple hair. She remains silent. "Alrighty then." Dad and Moody are in the lead, me and Harry take up the back.

Before long, we land in someone's driveway and leave through their gate. "Come on!" Moody whispers when the coast is clear, running onto the street and tapping his staff against the ground three times. The ground starts to rumble and the building starts to shift until an entire new apartment appears.

I start to speak up, "So you're telling me that none of the muggles noticed that? Really? Alrighty then."

"In you go." Moody says. We oblige, setting our brooms inside the door as we enter the old, dark house. We hear quiet chattering as we walk forward. Moody and the gang bustle past me and Harry and the purple-haired one winks at us. I think she directed it primarily at Harry. Then we see a friendly face, Sirius Black, as he talks, but his voice gets overpowered by Mrs. Weasley's shushing.

"Boys." She greets, looking at us.

"Mrs. Weasley." We reply in unison.

"Heavens, you're alright." She wraps us both in a hug. She looks dead at Harry, "Bit peaky, but I'm afraid dinner will have to wait until after the meeting. And Sammy, look at that beard! That'll be almost Dumbledore's size soon!"

"You know-" Harry starts.

"Nope." Mrs. Weasley cuts in, "No time to explain. Straight upstairs, first door on the left, boys!" We start heading up the stairs when we hear an old voice grumbling to himself.

"Mudbloods, werewolves, traitors, thieves. If my poor mistress knew the scum they let into her house, what would she say to Kreature? Oh the shame." We reach a landing to see an elderly house elf that glares at us before returning to work on a covered portrait.

"Freaks." The portrait hisses.

"There, there, mistress."

"Scum of the Earth. Not like it was in the days of my fathers."

"Kreature is here."

I start to move back down, but Harry grabs hold of my sleeve. "It's not worth it." I sigh and turn back. Harry opens the door and Hermione hugs him almost immediately, then pulls me in for a tight hug and she pulls me down for a kiss as my hands settle at her waist. I'm overtaken by elation.

"I missed you, Peppermint." She says.

"I missed you too, Cinnabon."

"Geeze, Hermione, let him breathe." Ron chuckles. Sign to him to shut up and Hermione gut-punches me, causing me to laugh. As she takes my hands and looks into my eyes.

"Are you both alright? We overheard them talking about the dementor attack, you must tell us everything." She lets go of my hands and starts to pace, "And this hearing at the ministry, it's outrageous! I've looked it up, they simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair."

"Yeah." Harry says, entering the room. Hermione takes my hand and we follow Harry, "There's a lot of that going around at the moment." He takes a look around, "What is this place?"

"It's headquarters." Ron explains.

"Of the Order of the Phoenix." Me and Hermione add in unison.

"Dad literally said this thirty minutes ago, Harry." I tease.

"What is it?"

"It's a secret society," Hermione explains, "Dumbledore formed it back when they fought You Know Who."

"He couldn't have put any of this in a letter, I suppose." Harry groans. "We've gone all summer without a scrap of news. Colson doesn't even get the paper anymore."

"I didn't know about this either." I input.

"We wanted to write you when we knew." Ron tries.

"And I wanted to tell you news over the summer, but-"

"But what?"

"Dumbledore made us swear not to tell anyone." Hermione says.

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry asks. I squeeze Hermione's hand knowing how difficult that must've been to hide. "But why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. I mean I'm- I'm the one who saw Voldemort return, I'm the one who fought him, saw Cedric Diggory get killed-"

Suddenly, Fred and George appear at either side of Harry. "Harry." Fred says.

"We thought we heard your dulcet tones." George remarks.

"Don't bottle it up though mate, let it out." Fred implores.

"Anyway, if you're all done shouting," George starts.

"Do you wanna hear something a little more interesting?" Fred questions.

I speak up, "Do you guys rehearse?" 

"Never." They reply together, grabbing something - it's an ear of sorts - to spy. To my surprise, Hermione doesn't contest this plan of spying at all. We keep the small ear and lower the larger one.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry." A voice says, probably Sirius. "If it wasn't for Harry, we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back. He's not a child, Molly."

"But he's not an adult either." Mrs. Weasley contests, "He's not James, Sirius!"

"Well he's not your son!" Sirius snaps back.

"He's as good as." Mrs. Weasley says, "And Colson's been more of a parent to him than either of us have been!"

"Don't drag me into this." Dad says. "This is between you two."

Ginny joins us and the twins greet her quickly. "You're bloody right it is, Colson. Now I've done everything I can to set Harry on the right path and I love that boy to death. I may not be perfect, but damn it, I'm doing the best I can!"

"How... touchingly paternal... Black." Another familiar voice says, causing a smile to spread over my face. Snape. "Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon just like his godfather." That smile melts immediately into a cringe.

"You stay out of this, Snivellus." What is this, kindergarten?

"Snape's a part of the order too?" Harry asks.

Dad's voice interjects. "Everyone calm down, okay? We aren't children anymore. We're grown right?" A silence, "There's bigger shit at pl-"

"Reow!" We look down to see Crookshanks playing with the ear and Shakespeare laying down, watching.

"Crookshanks let go!" Hermione and I whisper-shout in a variety of ways, but our efforts don't work in the end as Crookshanks gets a hold of the ear and Shakespeare follows.

"I hate cats." Ron groans.

"Bad Crookshanks!" Hermione calls, slightly over a whisper.

Mrs. Weasley bursts from the room and we all lean against the wall, not to be seen. Hermione presses her face into my chest as I hold her defensively. "Dinner!" She calls. We all let out a sigh of relief and Hermione pulls away, looking up at me with the cutest blush dusted over her cheeks. I smile at her for just a second before grabbing her hand and leading her downstairs. "Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." She explains, then she squeals in fright and shock when Fred and George magically appear behind her much like they did Harry. She starts to scold them as they make a run for it. "Just because we're allowed to use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands around for everything!" Hermione stops and I shuffle around her, hugging her from behind as she leans back into me. I rest my chin on her head.

"Hi Mum." Gin says, walking past her. Ron doesn't even say a word, then she turns to Harry with the sweetest smile on her face.

"That was quick." Hermione murmurs.

"You've had mood swings quicker." That earns me an elbow in the gut that I grunt at, "I deserved that."

"You hungry, boys?" Molly asks as Mr. Weasley side-hugs her.

"For your food? Starving." I say, then speak up so Dad can hear me. "Dad can't cook to save his life. He'll light the stove on fire."

"It was one time!" Dad calls, obviously trying to refrain from laughing.

"And the last!" I call back.

Mr. Weasley registers me, "I can tell you're doing well, Sam." I kiss the back of Hermione's head and she lets out a small sigh. "But Harry, You're sure you're alright? You both gave us quite a turn."

Harry nods as someone speaks behind the Weasley parents, "Harry Potter." The voice says. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley step aside to reveal Sirius with Lupin to his left and Dad to his right.

"Sirius!" Harry exclaims, running to his godfather and embracing him. I haven't seen him this happy in ages. Hermione contentedly grabs my hand. Eventually they separate.

"And Sam, look at you! You stole Hagrid's beard."

"Well not exactly, mine's well kept. Also, it's soft." I respond, "Like a pillow, right Hermione?" I tease and she elbows me again.

"No way." Sirius walks forward a bit and touches my beard. "Bloody hell, it is!"

"I use a peppermint conditioner." I say, nuzzling Hermione, "She likes it like this." Hermione sighs in defeat.

"No wonder, it's like a bloody cushion!" Sirius laughs heartily and claps me on the back. "And I see you kept the girl."

"Yeah. As you brits say, she's 'bloody amazing.'" She touches my hand and smiles back at me and I give her a kiss on the tip of her nose.

At the table, everyone is horsing around. "This is very, very peculiar." Mr. Weasley says, "It seems that your hearing at the wizardry is to be before the entire Wizengamot."

"Who comes up for the names of this shit?" I ask, swallowing my bite of food. "The hell is a Wizengamot?"

"Basically a council." Mr. Weasley explains quickly.

"I don't get it, what does the Ministry of Magic have against me?" Harry asks. The table goes silent.

"Show him." Moody orders, "He'll find out soon enough." The dude in the fancy outfit hands Harry a paper.

Hermione grabs my hand, and whispers into my ear, "They're saying he's lying about You Know Who."

"What?!" I stand, "You can't just slander someone's name when he's telling the truth! That's preposterous! That's tyranny!"

"That's politics." Dad says between bites. Hermione squeezes my hand and I sigh before sitting down.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore and Colson as well." Sirius explains, "The point is that Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." 

"Why?" Harry demands.

"Fudge thinks Dumbledore is after his job." Lupin says.

"But no one in their right mind would ever believe that Dumbledore would-"

"Exactly the point." Lupin cuts in, "Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear." Lupin sighs, "Fear makes people do terrible things, Harry. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, and I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again." Sirius states, gravely. "Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command. And not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same. But gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in." Moody clears his throat, but Sirius continues, "We believe Voldemort may be after something-"

"Sirius." Moody warns.

"-something he didn't have last time."

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asks. Sirius remains silent, looking at Harry with smoldering intensity. Just before he speaks-

"No, that's enough. He's just a boy." Mrs. Weasley snatches the paper. "You say much more and you might as well induct him into the Order straight away."

"Good! I want to join!" Harry proclaims, "If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight!" I want to join him here but I look at Hermione and she gives me those pleading eyes. I sigh. Why can't I say "no" to her? 

I wish I were with Hermione right now. Or anywhere else, really, but laying in bed with her would be ideal. Instead Harry and I are following Mr. Weasley as he fanboys over muggle technology.

"A train? Underground? Ingenious, these muggles."

"We have these in New York. Subways suck. They're a cesspool for crime and violence.

Mr. Weasley nods as he tries to go through the ticket thing by pressing the button, without his ticket. Harry inserts Mr. Weasley's ticket, then his own and I do mine. We get on a cramped subway for eight stops then get off, climb up some stairs and move towards a phone boothe.

"These still exist?" I question. "I thought payphones did these in a decade ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah. In New York, the last of these were tagged to shit a long time ago."

"That's sad." Mr. Weasley frowns, "Anyway, this is the first time I've ever used the visitor's entrance. Should be fun." He says, "Now just let me get out my muggle money..." He digs around in his pocket and I'm just about to give him a quarter when he finds one and presses a few buttons. With a few creaks and squeals, the little boothe acts as an elevator, taking us down into an office building of sorts. Now we're in a crowded hall with wizards and witches galore, all going about their day. This place is huge. Paper airplanes fly overhead as Mr. Weasley leads us into what I can only assume is an elevator of sorts, again packed with people. Ah, the familiar feel of twelve people breathing down your neck. Ever lived in New York? Anyway, some paper airplanes join us on the elevator and levitate over our heads. "Interdepartmental memos." Mr. Weasley explains, "We used to use owls, mess was unbelievable." The Kingsley guy from yesterday joins us, still in his fancy attire as he whispers something into Mr. Weasley's ear. "Merlin's beard." Mr. Weasley says, "Thank you, Kingsley."

"What's up?" I ask.

"They've changed the time of your hearing."

"When is it?" Harry asks, rushed.

"In five minutes."

The elevator starts moving backwards, then down, letting people off until the three of us are left with Kingsley and some other dude. We stop at what must be the bottom floor and shuffle out, except it isn't and Kingsley and the other dude keep going. "Jesus fuck, how big is this place?"

"Gigantic." Mr. Weasley replies. We hear almost incomprehensible chattering and turn to see the bastard himself Lucius and fuckboy Fudge talking quietly to each other before they stop and turn to look at us. Mr. Weasley promptly leads us away. "Remember, speak only when spoken to. That goes for you especially, Sam. Try to keep that motor mouth from getting you in trouble. Just be calm guys, okay? You've done nothing wrong." Then he says, "As the Muggles say, truth will out."

"Shakespeare." I note.

"Very good, you are as smart as they say." Mr. Weasley compliments before sighing, "I'm not allowed in, I'm afraid. Good luck boys." We go forward without him.

"We've got this, okay?" I tell Harry. Harry nods.

We sit in two chairs in the center of the room as Fudge bangs the gavel thrice. "Disciplinary hearing of the twelfth of August, into offenses committed by Harry James Potter and Samuel..." He sighs, reading my name before continuing, "Valar Saruman Overstrand Hedrich, residents at 6, Clive Road, Romford, Greater London. Interrogators; Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of mag-"

"Witness for the defense!" A voice booms, "Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore."

"I think I'll just stick to Dumblebumble, thank you." I mutter.

"A tad hypocritical, don't you think?" Harry mumbles back, a momentary grin on his face.

"Y-you got our message that the time and place of the hearing had been changed, did you?" Fudge asks. He obviously didn't want Dumbledore here.

"I must have missed it." Dumbledore says, "But by a happy mistake, I showed up at the Ministry three hours early. The charges?"

"The charges of the accused are as follows: that they did knowingly, and in full awareness of the illegality of their actions, produced two Patronus Charms in the presence of a muggle. Do you both deny producing said Patronus?"

"No, but-" We start.

"And you were aware that you are forbidden to use magic outside of school? While under the age of seventeen?"

"False!" I call out. "It is allowed in magical districts. To even contemplate fully outlawing magic for minors outside of school is a direct violation of the Minors Magic Act of 1867, set in place by Faris Spavin and part of the Constitution of Magic. If that is your interpretation, that law must be changed at once, or you must amend the Constitution which hasn't been amended since 1970. But..." Fudge gives me an expectant look, "in a muggle-set area, yes, we are aware of the fact that it's outlawed."

Chattering ensues amongst the court and down comes the gavel. "Witches and Wizards of the Wizengamot-"

"We only did it because of the dementors!" Harry exclaims.

"Dementors?" A woman asks, "In Little Whinging?"

"That's quite clever." Fudge says, "Muggles can't see dementors, can they? Highly convenient."

"I'm not lying!" Harry says, defensively, "There were three of them and if we hadn't-"

"Enough." Fudge commands. "I'm sorry to interrupt what I'm sure will be a very well-rehearsed story, but since you can produce no witnesses of the event-"

"Pardon me, Minister." Dumbledore cuts in, "But as it happens, we can. If Mr. Potter and Mr. Hedrich may rise and sit aside from the interrogation chairs. The defense would like to call Mrs. Arabella Figg to questioning."

So starts a transition in which we sit aside and Figg takes the stand. The woman from earlier says, "Please describe the attack." Figg's silent, "What did they look like?"

"Well one of them was skinny, one was a little built on the lean side and one was rather large."

"Not the boys," Fudge places, "The dementors."

"Oh right, right. Well, big. Cloaked. Then, everything went cold. As though all the happiness had gone from the world."

"Now look here," Fudge speaks to his fellow wizards, "Dementors don't just wander into a muggle suburb and happen across a wizard, the odds are astronomical!"

"I don't think anyone would believe that the dementors were there by accident, Minister." Dumbledore speaks up.

An artificially sweet voice clears its throat and we look up to see a lady with bubblegum-pink lining on her robes. I hate her already. "I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, Professor. Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic. It's so silly of me, but it sounded for a moment as though you were suggesting that the ministry had ordered the attack on this boy."

"That would be disturbing indeed, Madam Undersecretary, which is why I'm sure the Ministry will be mounting a full scale inquiry as to why the three dementors were so very far from Azkaban, and why they mounted an attack without authorization." Dumbledore responds, then turns to Fudge, "Of course there is someone who might be behind the attack." He walks forward, "Cornelius, I implore you to see reason. The evidence that the Dark Lord has returned is incontrovertible."

"He's not back!" Fudge hisses.

"You can't teach the blind to see." I mutter.

"In the matter of Potter and Hedrich, the law clearly states that magic may be used before muggles in life threatening situations."

"Laws can be changed if necessary, Dumbledore!" Fudge announces.

"Clearly." Dumbledore spits, "It has become practice to hold a full criminal trial to deal with a simple matter of underage magic?"

Chattering. The lady speaks up again after a moment. "Those in favor of conviction?" A select few raise their hands, including Bubblegum and Fudgesicle. "Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?" Everyone else, including her, raises their hands.

"Cleared of all charges." Fudge resentfully states, slamming his gavel.

"Fu-rick yeah!" I cheer, almost forgetting I'm in court and hugging Harry excitedly. Then Dumbledore starts to leave.

"Professor!" Harry calls. Dumbledore ignores him and moves on.

"He's probably busy, Harry." I say.

Harry sighs, looking down. "Let's go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 149 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!
90.1K 2.5K 49
Severus Snape Love Story (With soundtrack that sets the scene!!) Mya Taylor, who has been transferred from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts is glad to get a...
67 6 21
The stars finally align for the young Olivia Kelly. After a rough 5 years at Hogwarts the young witch finally begins to gain popularity and friends...
8.1K 468 35
//DRARRY// It's summer. Summer 1998. Harry Potter has decided to stay at Hogwarts for summer, until his accommodation is sorted- and to catch up on...