Fields of Gold (MYG)✔️

By AmandaAcheron

MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be... More

Author's Note
~Five years into the Future~
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Blessed Yule, Merry Christmas, etc etc etc
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
34+35
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
~Epilogue~

Part 42

487 33 6
By AmandaAcheron

When you and Yoongi got home Saturday night, there was just enough time to grab a quick dinner before it was time for Yoongi's weekly check in call.

He had convinced you to sit next to him on the couch this time and you watched as he set up his laptop and opened the call.

You smiled to see the faces of children pop up on the screen. They waved at you and you smiled and waved back, before Yoongi asked about their Appa. One of the kids tore off yelling and you tried not to smile when you heard Joon's voice in the background saying something about staying off his laptop when he was busy.

While you were waiting for Namjoon to join, Jimin and Taehyung dialed in and more hellos were exchanged with the kids.

Jin dialed in and had a tiny little girl in his arms. You noticed she was sound asleep and hoped it wouldn't be too loud for her. You asked Jin how old she was.

"She's just 18 months this month," he said smiling down as he looked at her then back up to the camera. "She fought hard to come to the world, so I am very grateful to have her with and am enjoying her company this evening, while her mother and siblings are out at a birthday party."

"She's adorable Jin," you said and Yoongi put his arm around you and drew you in for a hug. This of course caused Jimin and Tae to sound off with matching Aww's.

"Are you two going to do that the entire month you're here Jimin?" You asked, but Jimin just laughed. Yoongi made his flat mouth face and you decided to tease all three of them by leaning over and kissing Yoongi in front of them.

Even Yoongi broke up in giggles when unexpectedly it was Jin's voice saying "Awww" this time and so you were all laughing when Namjoon finally made it on camera.

"What'd I miss? Oh hey (Y/N) good to see you again," he said and Jin hurried to explain before anyone else could.

"Yoongi and (Y/N) are practicing for their big romantic scene in their film Joon and were showing us," said Jin and Namjoon simply nodded. This of course only caused Yoongi, Jimin, Tae and yourself to crack up even more.

"Alright so we have some comeback topics to go over, Yunki did you text Hoseok? He's late again," started Joon and you leaned over to grab your laptop and notebook from the coffee table while Yoongi reached for his phone and shot off a text.

"I think he's in editing now, so he probably just forgot," said Yoongi and sure enough, a new face popped up on the video call and you waved to Hoseok as he joined.

"Hey (Y/N) good to see you again! Sorry Namjoonie," said Hobi and the comeback discussion started up.

You held your laptop off to the side and held open the calendar and your notebook from when you talked with Sung-Jin in the mornings and compared with what Namjoon was saying.

A few times dates and events didn't quite match up, so you made Yoongi question it until finally Namjoon noticed you were feeding Yoongi the info.

"(Y/N) are you acting as Yoongi's assistant for real while he's in Chicago? I thought that was just a thing you guys made up, but your schedule is as detailed as mine is," said Namjoon.

You blushed hard and Yoongi chuckled and gave you the one arm hug again and a kiss to the side of the head.

"Go ahead," said Yoongi and he waved between you and the camera.

You took a deep breath and felt like you were on a 10M tall diving board looking at those faces in front of you but Yoongi's hand on your knee anchored you to reality and you were able to be the professional person you wanted to show to the boys. You weren't just Yoongi's girlfriend, you had other values in your life, and you were determined to not screw this up for yourself.

You decided to tackle it like a presentation at work to a hostile client and opened with a smile and a discussion of the calendar. You asked Joon about the concerns you and Sung-Jin had started to work out in the schedule in August and how some of the events very nearly laid on top of each other.

You were concerned about travel time, eating and rest breaks, and that it didn't really allow any lee way in a new sponsor or event came up suddenly. You started to go on, but Jin was giggling quietly and you looked up to see four very shocked faces and one very proud Min Yoongi.

Joon looked down at his notes and then back at the camera.

"(Y/N), that's amazing. Do you have our master schedule from HYBE? Because yours sounds much cleaner than mine does right now," said Namjoon and you blushed again.

"It is very kind of you to say Namjoon, what I've done is simply aligned the calendar from HYBE with the personal calendars that you all gave to Namjoon, which went back to HYBE but haven't really been aligned to the master schedule yet, and..." you started but Joon held up a hand again.

"I've been feeding all that to Yoongi, and he's what? Been dumping it on you?" Namjoon seemed a little upset, but Yoongi stepped in.

"Man, she's my own personal email machine now. You know how backed up my inbox gets, and she wrote a program that goes in and cleared out the junk and moves anything with a sound clip to a folder I can get to those first. All she did was filter so your shit came in first Joon. You haven't been feeding shit to me for the last month, she's been doing it all," and Yoongi hugged you again. You accepted the hug but were a little freaked out. Were you NOT supposed to have been helping Yoongi that much? Had you done something wrong?

Namjoon was doing that thing with his chin where you knew he was pissed, but you couldn't figure out what to do about it now. You tensed beside Yoongi and were about to offer your apologies for overstepping when Jin and Hoseok spoke at the same time.

"Knock it off Joon, you're scaring her," came Jin's voice.

At the same time you heard Hoseok say, "Hey Yoongi can you lend me your girlfriend for a while, my inbox is out of control too."

You smiled tentatively at Hobi and Yoongi leaned over you to stare into the camera.

"I'm not letting her out of my sight, get your own," he said to Hobi, causing Jimin to giggle nervously.

Namjoon stopped making the angry face and bowed to the camera.

"Jin's right (Y/N), I'm only upset because I could have used someone like you helping us out weeks ago. With Kook still in service we're getting less attention from HYBE while they focus on that new group," said Namjoon.

"KAPPA," you whispered under your breath and Joon must have heard because he nodded.

"We used to each have someone like Sung-Jin, but with us being on hiatus the company reassigned everyone. We have assistants, but anyone associated with HYBE is focused on the new groups, not us right now," said Joon and you made a face.

"That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard," you muttered and Yoongi laughed. You turned back to the camera and spoke to Joon directly.

"I absolutely don't mind continuing to assist you, all of you," and your eyes wandered across the screens to meet everyone's eyes. "As an ARMY I want your comeback to be as successful as everything else you've ever done, but as Yoongi's," and here your confidence floundered a bit before Yoongi poked you and you gave in, "as Yoongi's girlfriend and now that I've met you all it's even more important to me that this goes well for you all. To best honest, it seems wildly bizarre that HYBE isn't focusing on you, when you're still their main money maker. I mean you guys have your own category in the GDP of South Korea for heaven's sakes, that should mean something." You paused to check you hadn't overstepped.

Yoongi was looking at you thoughtfully, but the rest of the boys were nodding, so you spoke again a little more confidently.

"Namjoon, if you're willing, I would be happy to work with you directly instead of you sending everything to Yoongi's inbox and it getting lost for weeks. Same goes for anyone else who has this kind of information, or wants it. We can set up a time to meet daily, I'm already doing that with Yoongi's Sung-Jin and would be happy to help anywhere else I can." You took a deep breath and looked at Yoongi and he simply leaned over and gave you one of his wonderful soft slow kisses.

The chorus of Awww's this time was even louder, and you realized Hoseok and Jin had gotten in on it this time. You pulled away blushing and Yoongi leaned towards the camera.

"Naekkeonikka manjijima," he said, and you whacked him on the shoulder after your brain worked through his words. However, the boys all cracked up at your reaction and you were happy to lean back into Yoongi's hug. As much as they called each other co-workers, this was definitely a family atmosphere, and you were amazed and delighted to have somehow been made a part of it.

Joon agreed to your comment about a daily meeting and Jimin offered to forward your contact information from what you'd sent him before and you nodded your agreement. There was a pause in conversation, and you decided to be brave again.

"Jimin and Tae if you want to bring your work laptops when you come over, please feel free to do so and I would be happy to help you set them up and Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon, I would be happy to send you the filters and program I ran on Yoongi's emails if that would help out," you ask.

Jimin immediately made happy doe eyes at your offer, and you giggled at the look on his face.

"Hell, I might just pack my laptop and ship it over there," mumbled Hobi and Joon nodded at his words. You smiled at the idea of being helpful to the boys and Yoongi gave you that one armed hug again.

"Don't forget to save time in your busy BTS day for me now, will you?" His lip was starting into its pout, and you couldn't resist. Even with all five pairs of eyes on you, you turned and caught Yoongi by the face and drew him down to kiss.

"You're always first for me Yoongi," you whispered against his lips.

"And you for me Babygirl," said Yoongi before you were rudely interrupted by coughing and gagging noises amongst the Awwww's coming from the laptop.

You turned to the camera and scolded, "Shhhh you're going to wake up the baby!" and you saw Jin's smile through the chaos on the other screens.

Joon nodded and quit making all his coughing noises.

"I see what you mean hyung about them practicing their romantic scenes," said Joon and you blushed super red while Yoongi chuckled.

Yoongi and the others started to talk less about work, so you tried to leave thinking they'd like more privacy, but Yoongi held tight to your waist, so you stayed and listened in. Jin and Joon were talking about their kids, apparently the eldest of Namjoon's kids would start school this year and all the boys exclaimed over how quickly time had passed.

You did some quick math in your head and realized that some of the kids would have been born even before the deferment for the military service expired and were impressed considering how they'd handled their BTS promotions and tours before their military service had begun while juggling what must have been either newborns or very pregnant significant others.

Hobi's solo work seemed to be going well though he wasn't sure about the editing process and he and Yoongi agreed to talk later about that more.

Jimin mentioned that he and Tae had just decided to take the entire month of March as their trip to Chicago and Joon coughed once with his eyes wide.

You smiled and asked Jimin to send you the flight info as soon as he had it and you and Yoongi would be delighted to see them the week after next.

Tae nodded and said, "I'm very excited to see the bathroom, I mean Yoongi hyung," and you, Jin and Jimin dissolved into giggles, leaving a very confused Joon and Hobi to question what was up. Yoongi had heard the story from you and simply made his flat face, which made you giggle even more.

Jin promised to explain later to Namjoon and Hobi, and you wound up your video call.

Yoongi shut the laptop and turned to you.

"Was it awful Babygirl, to sit in front of all of them? You seemed so nervous and anxious to leave," he asked as he turned more towards you on the couch.

You made your own set of doe eyes, having watched Jimin practice up close now, and said, "Yoongi, all my idols were talking to me! Of course, I was nervous!"

He made the face yet again and you thought you'd better fix the situation before he actually started a pout.

You cupped his cheek in your hand and turned his face towards you.

"Yoongi," you whispered when he finally turned and looked at you. "I'm working on becoming more comfortable with all of this and realizing you don't think of them as giant stars and idols, but simply your friends, brothers and co-workers. But to me they've been "BTS" for years," and here you waved your hands and waggled your fingers, "and I get to be a little overwhelmed. At least for a little while?" You paused for a second while he stared at you and finally pointed out the obvious.

"Yoongi, you know I get nervous talking to my bias, right?" You watched him and his eyebrows drew together in confusion. He turned to you completely and made a face of pure exasperation.

"Wait, I thought I WAS your bias (Y/N)," he said, and you leaned over and kissed him again.

"You are, and sometimes I have to take a moment to think 'That's not just BTS's SUGA, that's my Yoongi who I love and who loves me back.' It's easier now because I'm used to seeing you there, but there was a lot of time those first couple days where I was positive I was hallucinating all of this," you said and Yoongi giggled.

"Am I haunting you Babygirl?" He leaned over you and smirked, and you threw your arms around his neck as he pushed you both back onto the couch and you spent the next hour convincing the man in your arms exactly how much he haunted your brain on the daily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 1.2K 32
Being an actor has always been your dream. Pursuing it meant many things - leaving the town where you grew up, distancing yourself from your family t...
61.2K 3.2K 29
-Completed- Lee MinYoung was a young girl living a hard life. Her older sister left their family for a rich man and her father ran away with the mone...
190K 5.5K 65
"You know being this close to you makes it hard for me to control myself." My eyes grew wide as I did not expect him to say such words. I couldn't t...
24.1K 1.6K 76
MYGFF BOOK 2:3 "When someone talks about the five stages of grief, it's pretty simple. Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and finally Acceptance...