Far From The Truth

By iluvcodysimpson

Avril Penny is head cheerleader at her school. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and nice to everyone. Of course... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Moving In with Jace?
Chapter 3 - Parents
Chapter 4 - Blaise Janx
Chapter 5 - Blaise's First Day
Chapter 6 - Ooh La La
Chapter 7 - Jameslyn Is Born!
Chapter 8 - Date Night
Chapter 9 - Passed Out
Chapter 10 - Pissed Off Blaise
Chapter 11 - Freak Out
Chapter 12 - Party Hard (pt. 1)
Chapter 13 - Party Hard (pt. 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 30

10.2K 182 78
By iluvcodysimpson

Avril’s POV

Prom was now coming to an end, and I had had the time of my life. Blaise and I danced together and talked. He was still cocky and he smirked more times than I can count. But that was okay, as long as I was with him.

Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran was playing. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and his arms were holding my waist. I laid my head on his shoulder and said, “Blaise?”

“Yeah?” He replied with a small smirk, swaying us more in a circle.

I smiled a small smile at that, and continued what I was going to say. “There’s something really important that you need to know, about me.” I gulped mentally, hopefully he doesn’t leave me after I tell him about my life.

Blaise pulled away from me slightly so he could look into my eyes. He looked concerned. “You don’t have a deadly disease or anything right?” His eyebrows furrowed slightly and I giggled slightly. He looked so cute like that.

“No, but it’s really important. Do you think we could, um, leave?” I asked him, blushing. Maybe he didn’t want to leave yet. Was I wrong saying that? I hoped not.

Now Blaise looked really concerned and confused. “Sure. Let’s go then.” I nodded and he grabbed my hand.

On our way to the doors, we passed the table where all of our – well, mostly my – friends were sitting. Jace jumped up and ran in front of me. “Where are you two love birds going?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

I blushed and leaned in closer to her. I whispered, “I’m going to tell him.”

When I pulled back, she gripped my shoulders, giving me the ‘are-you-sure?’ look. I just nodded, keeping my face full of confidence. Jace sighed and nodded as well, pushing me along after Blaise. “Okay. See you two on Monday alright?”

Before I could answer, we were already moving again. We pushed past all of our fellow senior classmates, me saying hello to a lot of them while Blaise just kept a straight face. Once we were outside, we walked to the parking lot and in my mind, I cursed.

Blaise had brought his motorcycle instead of his car.

I gulped and felt all color drain from my face. I had stopped moving and Blaise seemed to notice. He turned around and saw the look on my face. “Come on,” He laughed, pulling me gently towards the bike, “It’s not that bad.”

I shook my head vehemently, staring at the bike. I was fine with cars, but motorcycles…I didn’t think I was ready. “No way am I ever getting on that thing.” I muttered, my eyes never leaving that deathtrap.

Blaise just chuckled and cupped my cheeks with his hands. Sparks shot through me and it felt amazing. This boy was so amazing… “Avril. Come on, I promise that nothing will happen to you. I would never let you get hurt.” He stared into my eyes while saying this, and I couldn’t help but melt at the sight of his beautiful hazel eyes.

I sighed, “Fine.”

Blaise smiled and brought me over to his bike. I hesitated getting on, but finally I decided that Blaise would protect me. I made sure to hold the skirt of my dress in one hand, to make sure that the dress didn't get ruined on the bike. I paid good money for it and I was not going to let it get wrecked right after prom.

He handed me the helmet, and after I put it on, I realized there was only one. I looked at him as he started the bike. “Blaise! You need a helmet!” I exclaimed. I then yelped because the engine revved. My arms wrapped quickly around Blaise’s waist in a death grip and I felt him chuckle.

“I’ll be fine. Just trust me; we’ll be to my place in a few minutes.” A few minutes on this thing? Uhhh…

The bike started moving, and that’s when my eyes closed shut tightly, blocking out all of my vision. I pressed my head into Blaise’s muscular back as we started whizzing through the streets on his deathtrap on two wheels. Every second on that machine was almost like torture. It brought back feelings and thoughts that ‘what if we crashed?’ and ‘I could die just like my parents’. Thinking those almost made me cry. I definitely did NOT want to leave the same way as my parents.

After minutes of that, the motorcycle finally stopped moving. I slowly lifted my head from Blaise’s back and looked up. We were parked right outside his house. “Come on, let’s go inside.” Blaise said with his real smile. I smiled back and took his hand for him to lead me into his mansion of a house.

My hands started sweating and my heart started beating faster. Was I ready to tell Blaise about my life? I mean, we only just started dating…

In Blaise’s room, I slowly followed him to his bed. He sat down on the edge and I sat next to him, facing him. Blaise looked deeply into my eyes and held my hands in his much larger, rougher ones. It was a nice feeling.

I took a deep breath and started. “I’m sure you think I live the perfect life. I mean, you called me a princess before…” I laughed bitterly, just a bit.

Blaise winced and began rubbing circles on the backs of my hands. I continued before he could say anything. “My life is…well, it’s not perfect. Far from it actually. When I was about two years old, my parents…” I took another deep breath, “My parents, they went out to celebrate their second anniversary. They had gone out to a bar, and they forgot to bring a designated driver or call a cab. S-so they decided to drive back home themselves a-and…” Tears were starting to form in my eyes, “on their w-way home, they got in a c-car accident. They lasted in the hospital for an hour until th-they…until th-they died.” That was when the tears started really falling, and I dropped my head into my hands. Loud sobs started escaping my lips. I can’t believe I just told him that, I thought to myself, He probably thinks of me as weak now.

Blaise surprised me by pulling me into his lap. I didn’t really pay attention to it, but it did feel nice. It gave me a strange sense of security and safety. It was a nice feeling, when I had just opened up completely to him. Even if I wasn’t completely sure about Blaise…I mean, sure he seemed to have changed but how was I completely sure?

The room was silent, the minutes dragging along slowly. All that could be heard in the room were my slightly lessening sobs and the beating of my heart. Blaise held me in his strong, muscled arms. It made me think about his lifestyle. Was he really bad? I hadn’t really seen him in action much. Heck, I’d only known him for like two weeks. Which led me to the question: why did he leave his old school?

My train of thought was interrupted by Blaise sighing. I pulled back from where my head had rested on his shoulder and looked at his face. He looked sad, and it was not a look I liked on his handsome face. His eyebrows were creased as he looked at me, and his mouth was set in a deep frown. Although he still looked rugged and sexy, it just wasn’t a good look for him.

Without thinking, I reached up my hands and gently pulled his eyebrows back to their original positions. The shock at what I did shone in his eyes, and instantly I was self-conscious. Was it too early to be doing that? I mean he only just asked me to be his girlfriend a couple hours ago…

Blaise surprised me, once again, by leaning his forehead on mine, looking into my bluish hazel eyes with his own. I took a deep breath and then, for the first time since I had met Jace (seriously, I was terrified when I met her. But who can blame me? SHE’S CRAZY!), I had a bad case of…’word vomit’ I guess is what you could call it. “Sorry, for everything I mean. Like crying on your shirt, and dumping all of my problems on you, and touching your eyebrows, but I only did that because you looked sad and upset and I didn’t like that look on you so I thought that I had to fix it and-“

My long, rambling speech was cut off as something warm pressed against my lips. I realized after a few seconds that it was Blaise, and he was kissing me. Naturally, I responded and kissed him back. The kiss didn’t last very long, but it sure did leave me breathless. When Blaise pulled away, he rested his head back on mine and said, with his trademark smirk might I add, “You were rambling.”

I felt my cheeks turn the color of tomatoes as I realized that my entire speech was basically one sentence. Sigh. “Nice way of shutting me up.” I said, again without thinking. I bust out into a fit of giggles at my own comment.

Woooooow. Laying on the crazy a little thick, aren’t we?

Oh look, Alicia has decided to make a sudden reappearance. But yeah, I probably did look a little crazy. Of course, Blaise once again shut me up by kissing me. It worked well, might I add.

When the kiss ended and Blaise pulled away again, his face turned serious. “Avril…what you said before. I don’t want you to think you’re dumping your problems on me. Hell, I want to be the one to help you. No one has control of their lives, not even if they’re rich or poor. So don’t ever think that you are dumping your problems on someone else.” His eyes were blazing with emotion, and I could make out the slight anger in them. It wasn’t directed at me, though. At least I hoped not. The anger seemed to be appointed at someone else.

Soon though, the passionate emotions swimming in his eyes were gone, and a smirk replaced his previous features. "Oh, and you don't need to apologize for touching my face. I know it's hard to resist."

I blushed and looked away from his handsome face. Blaise just chuckled with his deep voice and laid down on his bed. He turned over so that he was facing away from me and said, "Night." Even though he was facing the other way, I could hear the smirk in his voice and I would bet a million dollars that he was smirking widely at that moment.

My jaw dropped and I just sat there on the edge of his bed, probably looking like an idiot. After a few minutes of that, Blaise spoke again. This time, he was laughing. "Are you just going to sit there? Or are you going to go to bed?"

I opened and closed my mouth multiple times, probably now looking ridiculous and like a fish. After a few seconds of that, I finally found my voice. "Um, well, I guess maybe I could sleep on the couch or something..."

Blaise shook his head and chuckled. "No, why don't you sleep in my bed?" He smirked widely and wiggled his eyebrows slightly.

My jaw fell open once again and I almost didn't answer. What? He already wanted me to sleep in his bed? We just started dating today! Oh my god, what if he just wants to use me? What will I do then? I can already feel myself falling for him! My heart would be broken if that happened. Oh god, what if-

"Um...what?"

"Relax, I'm not going to try anything. But..." He trailed off, chuckling.

I just blushed a deep red and slowly made my way over to the other side of his large bed. I laid down carefully, trying not to wrinkle my dress more than it already was. I realized that it probably wasn't the best idea to wear my dress to bed, but I was so tired, and I had nothing else to wear. I could have asked to borrow one of Blaise's shirts, but that might have been weird.

Once I was comfortable on the bed, facing away from Blaise, I closed my eyes to try to go to sleep. I thought Blaise might have already been asleep, but I was proven wrong when his hands wrapped around my waist from behind. I squeaked, rather embarrassingly, as he pulled my body back slightly, so that my back was pressed against his chest. I felt the rumble of his chest as he chuckled. "Goodnight Avril." He whispered, still laughing.

It felt nice being in his arms. It was the safest I had felt since...well...forever. The all-too-familiar tingles were shooting up my arms and through my entire body, like little tendrils of fire spreading across my body. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was the best feeling in the world. I could see myself spending every night like this, wrapped in Blaise's strong hold as I'm about to fall asleep. I realized then that I was in fact falling for the bad boy. His charm, good looks, and everything about him was dragging me deeper into a pit that I was not afraid to get lost in.

Right before I fell asleep is when I admitted it to myself.

I'm falling in love with the bad boy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH EM GEE YOU GUYS! *Lumpy Space Princess voice* (those of you who watch Adventure Time will understand)

I am soooo sorry for not updating earlier!! D: I had a really bad case of writer's block but today I overcame it!!! :D So yeah, please please PLEASE tell me what you think!!! I like this chapter, though it's kind of a filler. The next chapter we will find out why Blaise looked kind of angry :3 oh and who LOVES HIM EVEN MORE NOW?????? i know i do ;D alright, well, you guys know the drill ;)

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN (i don't care what Wattpad says THEY ARE FANS AND ALWAYS WILL BE)

I love yoouuuuuuuuu <3

Yes youuuuu ;)

~Hannah <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9M 652K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
28.9M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...