The Bug Collector | marauders

By irisfarm

Lily Evan's younger sister, Rose, met half of the self proclaimed "Marauders" before she had even set foot on... More

Summer of 1972
Platform 9 3/4 and The Hogwarts Express
Black Lake and the Sorting Hat
Common Emerald Moth
An Argument Over Breakfast
Remus Lupin and Classes
Herbology
A Ballad to Autumn and Winter
Before the Echos
A Little Room With Water-Green Curtains
Welcome Back
Echo and Narcissus
One Thousand Apologies
The Sword of Gryffindor
Christmas of '73
Tell the Truth
New Years Day 1974
The Comeback Prank
Summer of 74'
Changes
Quidditch and Things Such as That
No Lilies, Nor Irises have Thorns
Our Little Botanist
The Allegory of The Cave
Resistance
On The Way Home
Summer of 75'
Partners in Potions
The Unreliable Narrator
The Day After Halloween
Figs and Honey
Papilio Polyxenes Asterius
Disenchanted
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday
A Slytherin Party
The Cloak
Under the Stars, and Surrounded by Greenery
Summer of 76'
Another Year
"R"
Chloris, Goddess of Flowers
Mint Tea
Moony and The Gargoyle
Peter and Plants
Sirius Black's Pajama Pants
Thorns
The "Rumor"
Regulus Black Is A Death Eater
Lily's Opinion
Graffiti Flowers
Jasmine Toothpaste
I Fársa
Response
Dirt, Smoke, And Flower Stems
A Betrayal So Small
Summer of 77'
The Days That Followed
Communication and Energy
Ferns
Ivy Grows
Prometheus and Epimetheus
Ties
Patronus, Dragonfly
555
Castor and Pollux
Pendulum
Another Fight Over Breakfast
A Temporary Alliance
Scorpio
Mint
1978
Rainbow Stag Beetle
Rosemary
O St. Valentine
Plato's Symposium
With Love
The Serpent in the Garden
Bug Collector
Fern Leaves and Black Tea
Stephone
Lost Flowers
Little Shop of Horror
Graduation
Summer of 1978
No Flowers For A Guilty Sadist
Tu Me Manques
Everyone But You
Little Moth
Portrait In A Burning House
The End Of The World
Nine of Swords
The Fool
Wisteria
Romeo and Orpheus
A Pit Viper In A Rose Garden
Enter Ghost
The Years That Followed
Happy Halloween
You Were Promised A Rose Garden

Afterparty

1.9K 79 33
By irisfarm

James was utterly distraught about the loss, but Rose knew he would still manage to have a good time at what was suppose to be a celebration of the Gryffindor victory but ended up being a post-loss party.

Most in attendance would be Gryffindors from 5th year and up, so the boys still kind of belonged but Rose surely didn't. Even so, after the match Rose went back to her dorm to change, neatly folding Regulus' jumper and placing it under her bed with her journal and other personal belongings before going to wait in the common room for one of the marauders to come get her.

Knock knock knock

Three knocks. Quick succession. Sirius.

She left the dungeons quietly alongside him, keeping a lookout for teachers for prefects as they made their way to the Gryffindor common room. There they met up with the other marauders along with two of Lily's friends, Mary and Marlene, the latter mentioned hanging out with Dorcas at the party which made Rose consider asking Ode to join, but figured it was best not to.

Mary was a very pretty girl, her smile was infectious, and her hair was dark and full of bouncy curls. Marlene had a angular face speckled with freckles and blonde hair cut very similarly to Rose's, the girl had an androgynous look to her.

Mary offered to do Rose's makeup and she happily agreed, her and Lily had gotten into their mother's lipstick plenty of times but she'd never properly done her makeup before and wanted to learn. Marlene helped here and there, Rose felt her breath hitch and heat rise to her cheeks when Marlene touched her face to steady it as she applied mascara to Rose's lashes. Marlene withdrew(previously mere inches away from Rose's face) to look at the finished product, giving Mary a smile and two thumbs up.

Peter had made a comment about them taking too long, saying they should have done that stuff in the girl's dorms. Marlene just rolled her eyes and began gathering her things.

"Well we're ready now. Let's go." She said placing the makeup in her bag.

Rose saw Sirius glance at it with interest before they tried(and failed miserably) to fit the whole group under the invisibility cloak.

"We'll just have to be quiet then. The passageway isn't too far from here." James said as they discarded the cloak and made their way through the halls.

For a while it was silent and pitch black, but the closer they got to the party the more the faint sounds of music and chatter could be heard. The passageway gained a dim red glow as they approached the opening.

Upon entry the music evolved from the distance murmur they could hear in the passageway into clear words.

Then I looked in those big green eyes
And I wondered what I'd come there for

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you

Rose recognized the muggle music, even over the sounds of the space. The room was packed, some people were dancing, some were singing, but most were talking or yelling. All throughout the room there was noise of some kind. Rose also noticed a layer of smoke hovering in the air like fog, a mix of cigarette smoke and something else. At first Rose
attempted to swat it away but she found that to be a lost cause. There were also drinks being slung around between the older students, and plenty mentions of fire whiskey.

As the first song came to a close the familiar beat of "Rasputin" began playing and at that moment James and Sirius had simultaneously begun to dance playfully, practically bouncing to the music, singing along in silly voices.

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago!

He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow~

They alternated between singing together and finishing one another's verses comedically.

The two had gained a crowd as the song continued, people clapping along and dancing with them, Mary's smile grew wide as she watched Sirius and in response he grabbed Remus, and had him join in, throwing his arms over Remus and James' shoulders as they bopped around fluidly.

The night was full of muggle music, Mary even recommended "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" By ABBA, A song Rose had danced around alone in her bedroom to on many nights back home.

But this was not her room, and she was not alone, and while she enjoyed to laugh along and watch she would find herself hiding out with Peter more often that not, just to have Sirius pull her back in a few songs after her escape.

This time she returned to the action on her own. She had been humming along with the last song that played, but as she heard the intro to the one playing now she didn't want to miss it.

She recognized it as one Ode had recommended to her over the summer, Rose listened to it on repeat after picking up the record. Thankfully Lily enjoyed the song too.

She joined the rest of the marauders and bumped into James playfully singing along to the song.

Just because you've become a young woman now
There's still some things that you don't understand now
Before you ask some guy for his hand now
Keep your freedom for as long as you can now
My mama told me
You better shop around

Rose found herself dancing along to the upbeat tune, Sirius took this as an invention to join her, grabbing one of her hands and spinning her a bit which earned a yelp from the girl.

And that's when he joined in singing.

Try to get yourself a bargain, girl
Don't be sold on the very first one
Good-looking guys come a dime a dozen
Try to find you one who's gonna give you true loving

He was singing, dancing, and acting all at once as if trying to tell the story the song was presenting. His singing voice was captivating the "acting" over the top.

Rose sang right back at him.

Before you take a man and say I do now
Make sure he's in love with you now
My mama told me

You better shop around

Rose dramatically dropped his hand, smiling brightly.

During their dance Mary had stopped watching Sirius, but Remus had started.

"I didn't know you could actually sing WELL!"
Rose said as she shoved Sirius playfully when the music faded.

Sirius seemed to be bloody good at everything. 

He gave a half smirk and bowed dramatically before speaking.

"You stay here I'll be right back yeah? I gotta show you something." He gave a quick smiled before running into the crowd of people, returning a little while later with something in his hands.

"Come with me?" He asked

"Where are we going?"

"Preferably outside" He said sounding unsure, as if he hadn't really planned that far ahead.

"I know somewhere." Rose said as he put whatever it was in his hands into one of the pockets of his leather jacket.

"I like your jacket by the way." She said with a smile as they ventured back out into the darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 200 55
(CHAPTERS WITH ONLY A '~' AT THE START WITH NO NUMBER ARE BEING REWRITTEN.) Elladora Walburga Black was the twin sister of Sirius Black, elder sister...
37.7K 795 52
Ella Barnes is quiet with a timid personality until she befriends the infamous Marauders. She starts to come out of her shell and find herself more...
4.3M 149K 89
"You should tell him, you know," a familiar voice softly said from behind her. "I know you love him." "Remus," she began turning around to face her...
60.3K 1.1K 71
Remus Lupin x OC "You can tell them to sod off because I'm set on making the "Gryffindor Princess" mine." Chase Odair is a tough Gryffindor and a pro...