GREEN. GREY. ZAYDE.✔

By ChocoChipQueen

"Even in the times of extreme darkness and sadness, we would find a star, a light in our lives, lighting up o... More

CHARACTERS!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter#1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 24

926 47 11
By ChocoChipQueen

I've got this song on repeat, so good. I absolutely love SIA!

Okay Bye!

Christmas at the Jones household was interesting to say the least.

Every year on the twenty fourth, everyone troops into our house to hang out with each other till after boxing day.

My maternal grandmother, who was already here with Meadow, my paternal grandmother, my dad's brothers and sister, my mum's only sibling, Uncle Eddie, who's secretly my favourite. All of my nine cousins. And my great aunt Liz, who I despised.

Simply because she always had to critisise everything I did, she was never satisfied, she was one of those people who weren't really better than you, but looked down on you anyway.

It was terrible.

The house was always overly full, and most times, everyone just slept where they found themselves, which was annoying because my least favourite cousin Christine, always found herself in my bed.

She was basically Anastasia's apprentice. Not that they knew each other, bit just felt like having a less annoying version of her in the house.

Which was why I was inviting Zayde this year. He would have spent Christmas with his uncle and grandparents, but they were cities away dealing with the funeral of Zayde's father. He was with them at first, but it got to depressing so he asked to return, while they decided to stay back to tie up all the loose ends.

They didn't want to ruin his Christmas, so they asked if he could spend it with me, I was far more than happy to oblige, besides, this was an easy way for my family to meet my love.

A win-win situation.

At least, on my end.

Zayde though, was as nervous as hell, he kept trying to pick his best clothes, practice trying to be extra polite, and just making a fool of himself in general.

"Zayde, for the one billionth time, they'll love you! Well, except for great aunt Liz, but she doesn't like anyone, there's no need for all this fuss."

"Are you sure?" He asked, biting his lips.

"Positive," I said stroking his face. "Now, take off that hideous sweater." I grimaced. He rolled his eyes, before lifting the sweater up and over his head in one swift move.

I felt my mouth go dry at the sight of his lean yet muscular, body, it was obvious he exercised, his was well built, definitely trained in MMA. I wonder if he works out shirtless, all sweaty and hot.

What kind of thought is that? I must be going crazy.

The muscles in his strong arms flexed when he gripped his sweater and his shoulder blades moved when he did.

He's so yummy.

(A/N Yeah you got that yummy yum, that yummy yum, that yummy yummy. Sorry, I had to!)

"Fluffy you need to stop staring, I can feel your eyes burning holes into my back."

"How can I not stare? You look so delicious." I whispered. He raised a brow, walking over to me.

"Glad you think so luv." He said, kissing my cheek. Looking closer, I saw a tint of pink in his cheeks.

He's embarrassed.

How cute.

Then I noticed something. Two somethings. Tattoos. Well I shouldn't be surprised seeing as I haven't seen him without a shirt before, but I was still intrigued.

"May I?" I asked, stepping closer to check them out.

And check him out as well, my subconscious added.

Whatever.

They were on his side, just on his hip, stretching out my finger, I traced them, hearing his sharp intake of breath. I decided that it was not the time to tease so I withdrew my hands.

Jeannette Archer. That was the first one.

I admired the detailed writing before my gaze fell to the other one.

Fluffy.

I smiled involuntarily.

"How long has that been there?" I asked as I raised my self up again.

"Four years." He answered with a sheepish smile, scratching his neck awkwardly as a blush formed on his cheeks.

I chuckled.

"Come on Pinky, we've got to go, they're expecting us." I said when he pulled on another sweater, a red one, with green lines and a snowman on it.

Very Christmas-y.

"Pinky?"

"You're blushing."

He rolled his eyes.

"My mum made it for me, it was too big back then." He said when he noticed me looking. I nodded. It certainly wasn't too big for him now, it fit him perfectly.

I gulped. This was going to be a long, hard ride.

Drive. I meant to say drive!

Don't look at me like that!

Whatever.

Zayde smiled at me as he took my hand, leading my out of his house and to my car. Staring in awe and wonder at the white blanket of snow that covered the view, I smiled fondly as I looked at the snowman I and Zayde built when we first arrived here.

Frosty.

As we walked, trudging through the slightly deep snow, we caught sight of Desmond, who gave us a smile.

"Have a lovely Christmas Zayde." He said. "You too Miss- I mean Skylar."

"Thank you Desmond." I smiled, grateful for his effort. The whole 'Miss Skylar' thing was kind of weird, not to mention that it reminded me of Zayde's father.

"You too, you should go home and spend Christmas with your family, I bet they'll be happy to see you."

"Are you sure."

"Definitely." Zayde nodded.

Desmond smiled. "You're a good man Zayde, you're a good man."

Zayde laughed. "I'll have to thank Skylar for that one." He said looking down at me, his eyes twinkling with affection. The way they sparkled reminded of the snow shining on the rooftops at that very moment.

There were so many Christmas-y things about him, his child-like excitement, his sparkling eyes, his big warm, heart, the smell of Cinnamon that seemed to linger around him, but most of all, he felt like home.

I felt at home when I was with him.

He was imperfectly perfect.

"Take care of him." Desmond said, sending me a wink. I blushed.

"I will." I said, squeezing Zayde's hand.

He smiled as he watched us get into the car, and drive off.

~~~~~~

Parking the car in the snow-cleared driveway, I glanced towards Zayde, seeing him look nervous.

"It'll be fine." I say, reaching over the armrest to take his hand.

He sighs. "But what if they don't like me, does that mean we can't see each other anymore?"

"What?! Hell no! Zayde, they will like you, and even if they don't, I'm not leaving you."

This calms him down. He nods.

"Okay, let's go." He says, stepping out of the car. Taking my hand, he intertwines our fingers, leading me up the doorsteps.

Breathing in, he rung the doorbell, waiting, rubbing his hands together to create warmth.

I turn to stare at his handsome face, his cheeks already turning pink from the cold as the snow softly drizzled down onto his lashes, his hair, his lips.

How beautiful.

The house was already rowdy, but one voice stood out among others, and that voice was closer than the others.

I smirked.

Here she comes.

The door flew open, revealing mum, balancing Meadow in her other hand.

Her face goes from shock, confusion, to approval in like three seconds.

"You must be Zayde." She says, stretching out the hand that wasn't holding Meadow.

"Yes ma'am." He said, smiling brightly.

At the sound of his voice, Meadow looses interest in the puppy game she was playing, and squeals excitedly, stretching out her arms for Zayde.

"Zaydey!" She squealed, trying to get out of mum's hold.

Zayde eagerly opens his arms for her, and she leaps in, just as eager.

"How is my little Princess." He coos, bopping her nose as mum stepped aside so her could walk into the house. She giggles as he shakes his hair, making the snowflakes fall onto her.

"Fine!" She giggled. "I mwissed you Zaydey." She said pouting.

"I missed you too, but I had to talk to your mum."

Her eyes widened, and she looked between me and Zayde repeatedly.

"Are you in lwove?" She asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Yes." Zayde said, kissing my cheek. "I'm in love with her."

"Eek!" Meadow squealed. "Are her Pwince?"

"Yes, I'll be her Prince, for as long as she wants me to be."

"Yayyyyy!" Meadow squealed, wrapping her arms around Zayde's neck. "Can I come to the wedding?"

At this, mum laughed loudly; she'd been chuckling softly the entire time.

I blushed, burying my head in Zayde's shoulder.

Zayde grinned, looking like he had everything that he wanted in the world, right here.

"I'd love to marry your mother. It's my dream actually." He clarified. At this I heard mum 'aww' while I tried to remind myself how to function with all the cuteness overload.

Meadow smiled. "We will be one bwig happy famiwy!" She squealed. I laughed.

"Yes, we will." Turning to me, Zayde kisses my forehead softly before doing the same to Meadow. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he spoke. "I have everything I ever wanted, and more, so much more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306 1 12
Blair Lopez, a smart, lonely, teen hides a secret. she is a savant. she has special powers just like her kind, but hers is almost a curse. her school...
711 41 19
"Of course, my life couldn't get any worse. It's like the universe is targeting me uh. What did I do in order to deserve this? God I hate my life." ...
198 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
5K 429 51
"I'm always sweet babe. You just never noticed." He said with a wink. "It's Alley, not babe. Now bye. I gotta go." I placed emphasis on Alley and bab...