So Close Yet So Far

By blissful_reveries

My poorly patched up heart had been broken and crushed again. They said the second time wouldn’t hurt as muc... More

Chapter 2: The Incident
Chapter 3: Talk About a Shocker
Chapter 4: And So We Meet Again
Chapter 5: 'Y' My 'X'
Chapter 6: Fresh Starts and Sweet Dreams
Chapter 7: 'Loser' is Not Your Style
Chapter 8: Dinner for Two
Chapter 9: You're Dating Who?
Chapter 10: Sugar, Spice and an Unexpected Twist
Chapter 11: Catch Me While I Drown
Chapter 12: The Not-So-Calm after a Storm
Chapter 13: Study Buddies

Chapter 1: Memories

8.7K 143 95
By blissful_reveries

♡ Macy Morgan ♡

     An ear piercing scream vibrated through my house, and most likely shook my neighbor's houses as well.

     “You spilled hot pink polish on my floor!” I shrieked as I jumped up from where I was sitting, my bedroom floor.

     “Sorry!” Meagan Gardena, my best friend said apologetically - all the while laughing.

     “Do you know how hard it is to get nail polish out of carpet?” I let out a sigh of exasperation.

     “Well, on the bright side-”

     “On the bright side what?”

     “Eh, I got nothing” Meagan giggled and then quickly added, “Come on, Macy, at least my manicure didn’t get ruined!”

     Oh yeah, the manicure that I gave you.

     “Yeah, but mine did..” I looked down at my used-to-be perfect hot pink leopard nails and the ruined state that they were in now.

     Meagan lead me to my nail polish collection, “Hey, I can help you fix that!” Meagan said with a certain twinkle in her eyes that I’ve learnt to fear after many years of our friendship.

     I raised my eyebrow at her and assumed a hands on hips pose.

     “Fine, gosh. A little blunt don't cha' think?”

     I rolled my eyes and walked back to the nail polish hazard on my floor. I vigorously rubbed the varnish stained patch, hoping that it would come out. "I'm bored,” Meagan said behind me, then let out an unexpected squeal. "Do you wanna play Truth or Dare??

     My brows furrowed. The truth or dare card. She only uses that when she thinks I'm hiding something.

     We both sat crossed legged on my pink floral scented bed and I reached over and grabbed my favorite pink fluffy pillow. The same pillow that had soaked up all my tears and helped suppress my laughter for all these years. I quickly went over in my head all the things I might’ve lied to her about. Nothing. Nada. She’s my best friend, I tell her everything. So I calmly turned towards her, preparing myself for what she’s about to lay on me.

     “Okay, so I’ll ask you first. Truth or dare?” Meagan asked me, bouncing up and down from her excitement.

     This should be interesting...

     “Truth.”

     “Alright.” She eyed me for a second and took a theatrical pause before spitting it all out, “Is there a boy on your mind?”

     Before I could answer, Meagan started suggesting names,

     “Is it Taylor? Ben? Alex? John? Derek? Vincent? Ralph? Jack? That cute guy in the higher grade? Oh, you naughty girl! Going for someone older than you!”

     “Meg-”

     Meagan gasped dramatically and put her hands over her mouth, “I know who it is.”

     Huh, I’d like to know myself.

     “It's Riley isn't it? Riley Hyland! That’s It! The really hot guy with dirty blonde hair and dreamy blue eyes...” Meagan sighed dreamily and fanned herself.

     Oh let’s see, the rambling of the boy’s characteristics, check. The dreamy sigh, check. The hand fanning motion, check. And yet you’re the one asking me if I have a crush.

     “Meg, you know I-”

     Meagan cut me off before I could finish. “Mace, I know you. You rarely daydream. And the only time your face goes onto hold and you stare into space is when there’s a guy on your mind. You’ve been like this for days!”

     I shrugged and let my wavy brown hair fall out from its bun, pieces of hair framed my almond shaped face. “Meg, nothing gets past you does it?”

     “Aha! So it is a boy then.” Meagan batted her lashes at me and leaned in closer, “Come on, tell me! Who’s the lucky guy?”

     “Meg, it’s not that..”

     “Hmm?”

     “I was actually thinking about him.” I averted my eyes to the ground, fiddling with the fur of my pillow.

     Meagan immediately lost her silly attitude and it was almost as if I could feel the whole atmosphere dropping. “Mace, come on, that was so long ago!”

     “Yea I know, I thought I was over it as well, but the other day I stubbed my toe on something hard under my bed and I found the box. And... I guess some sudden impulse made me open and dig through the stuff.”

     “I don’t even know why you kept it in the first place.”

     “It meant something to me,” the end of my sentence seemed to drift away.

     Meagan perked up and sat straighter, a determined look plastered on her face. “Exactly. It meant something to you. Notice the use of past tense 'meant'." When I didn't look up at her she continued, "Mace. Look at yourself! You’re hanging onto something that happened years ago. Let it go! You gotta live your life and see other boys.” She added a wink at the end.

     She had a point. I had to admit, both Meagan and I do have the looks and heart to fit it. Based on our features, it’s not hard at all to get dates. It’s just that after the incident I haven’t really been paying attention to any of the boys in my school.

     I returned my focus to Meagan and playfully poked her arm, “What about you, Miss Live-Your-Life-and-Check-Out-Boys?” Meagan giggled and I leaned in in anticipation.

     “In fact, you guessed right, Miss Morgan, I’m in an intense relationship with...” She had this goofy grin on her face, “Justin Bieber and One Direction!” She practically screamed the last part in my ear and we both fell off my bed laughing our pretty little heads off.

     Meagan and I moved on from the truth or dare game and entered the world of rumors and gossip. If theres a place on earth rated the most gossipy place, my house would be it. My house could practically be called a "Gossip Bank" because of all the things we discuss here.

     After 3 more hours of sisterly time with Meagan, she had to return home for dinner. I have to say, the weekends are always something to look forward to because of the extra time I could spend with Meagan gossiping and spilling our deepest, darkest secrets. Okay, maybe not the deepest, darkest part.

     Just as Meagan was about to leave the house, she turned to face me like she just remembered something.

     “Hey Mace, before I forget, theres a new boy coming to school tomorrow.”

     I raised my eyebrow as if saying, So?

     “So... We have to get our beauty rest just in case this ‘new kid’ is H-O-T HOT.” Meagan gave me her best flirty wink and I giggled. Typical Meagan, boys 24/7.

     Once Meagan left, I sauntered back to my room and saw the mess it was in. Nail polish bottles scattered here and there, magazines flipped open and heart stickers stuck on the pages with our celebrity crushes. As I bent down to tidy up the mess, my eyes landed on the box. Memories assailed my mind but I forcefully shook them out. Meagan’s trying so hard to get me to forget about the incident and meet new guys, I really shouldn’t waste her effort of helping me.

     I can’t think of this right now. Meagan said there's a new guy in school tomorrow, I should at least keep a clear head and try to like this guy.

     I just need to stuff this box under my bed again and forget about it. Its not like the incident will repeat itself.

     Or so I thought.

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

A/N:

So that's it guys! End of the very first chapter of my very first story :')

P.S Macy on the side :D >>

Please, please, please don't be fooled by thinking this is your typical cliché type of teenage romance story because it is not! I can guarantee you that :) I promise that the climax/problem in this story is different so make sure to stick to this story can don't give up on it!

oh yeah, please VOTE, VOTE, VOTEEEEE!!!! It would make me over the top happy ~ :D

Thanks so much!

Hazel,

xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 15.1K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...
1.6K 384 36
*COMPLETED* Ever since Emily's twin, Emma, died in a car crash, Emily has been looking for a note that Emma used her last words to tell Emily about...
17.9K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
57 4 19
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...