Negative Law Of Attraction

By VasilisaDragomir

**I started this when I was 11. It's in the process of being edited** Avery Collins never knew her older brot... More

Character List
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
New Book
Austin and Avery
WHERE IS THE REST OF THIS BOOK?
DREAME

Chapter 18

433K 9.2K 3.6K
By VasilisaDragomir

What Austin just said touched my heart, maybe he was easy to change, it just took a few different words on the other hand he could be a smooth liar. It wasn't like him to say something like that.

Before i think we both knew it, we started leaning in, well he started moving his head down to mine, my lips slightly parted and i could feel his hot breath on my face. We almost kissed, almost, until i broke the spell by moving my head.

"Austin, i think it's best i go home" I slowly got up from his bed. "Thanks for lunch, text me the details for tonight yeah?" I smiled. It was best i go home, to stop anything that would've happened if i stayed there any longer. Things got hot and intense from the closeness and aura that built up but the last thing he said made us feel a little too much comfortable.

"Uh yeah sure" Austin looked like he snapped out of a daze.

With that i walked out of his room feeling a little bit awkward, i said a quick good bye and thanks to his mum and walked out of his house. I stopped just as i reached the side walk, i didn't feel like going home i needed time to think and so i decided to go for a walk.

I ended up in the last place i expected myself to go, i was at the place where i first saw my ultimate crush and brother race. Well of course it's changed, at night it was full of road blocks and closed shops, but now in this perfect strip of road it was alive and normal. There was no trace of street racing, no one would've guessed that people race here, well maybe except the police.

I walked into my favorite ice cream shop Ben & Jerrys to get ice cream when i saw Kyle. Now that was something i didn't expect, i thought he'd be lounging around at home or working on cars with the rest of Jake's gang.

"Hey sugar plum" I said as i approached Kyle who was behind the counter.

"Hey pumpkin" He smiled and looked surprise. We both have nicknames for each other.

"Why must you call me that?" I scrunched my nose, to be honest i hated being called pumpkin.

He shrugged. "I've always wanted to call someone pumpkin and besides why do you call must you call me sugar plum?" He rolled his eyes.

"Touche brother touche" I agreed and laughed.

"Right. So cookie dough flavor?" Kyle asked although he already knew it was my favourite flavor and i was obviously going to order it.

"Please" I smiled. He got the ice cream scooper that was in a bowl and scooped up a massive ball of cookie dough ice cream, just how i liked it.

"On the house" He said as he passed me the ice cream cup with a spoon.

"You sure?" I asked taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Hundred and ten percent" He smiled.

"Thanks sugar plum" I rolled my eyes. "Can we hang out?" I asked, i haven't seen Kyle for a while, i only spoke to him over facebook and skype.

"Sorry girly, Kyle doesn't get time off, even for girlfriends" A guy around his late 30's walked in behind the counter, his nametag said his name was Vince and it said he was the manager.

"Oh i'm not his girlfriend" I laughed.

"Really?" He sounded surprised. "Well that's a first, usually my employeers have their girlfriends coming over" When he said that all the guys that had their shifts glared at Vince.

"Wow that must be a pain" I nodded my head.

"It is" Vince sighed.

"Oh well i'll let you get back to work, call me after kay?" I asked looking at Kyle. "And thanks for the ice cream"

"Sure" He nodded. I gave them one last smile before stepping back out on the side walk.

So with my thoughts full of nothing, the one topic that i didn't want creeping back into my mind was: Austin, i mentally punched myself for letting him walk back into my head. Everything was perfect before i left to London, it was awkward, confusing and mostly no kissing free. Now that i'm back he just has to mess it all up leaving me annoyed. Who knew i'd have so much boy trouble?

Yes, like most girls out there, i've always dreamt of dating a bad boy, not that i'm dating Austin but i never thought it would be like this. This was far from simple, Austin walked into my life and tagging along behind him was, Jake's past girlfriend, Gabbys family member, gangs and fights. If it was only Austin who walked into my life then i'd be the innocent girl who'd fall for him easily, and possibly be one of his other rag dolls, but i can't be i have to stay strong and not give in at least for Jake's sake.

I'd never want to hurt Jake, any of my friends and even Austin, but since i can only get one thing or another, it leaves me torn between two: Jake or Austin. If i had any sanity left i'd stick with Jake but with Austin playing with my mind i've gone completely insane, and i'm falling for him.

'Boom boom it's getting hot in here' My ringtone Boom Boom started going off.

I shifted my ice cream to my other hand and got my phone out of my pocket, and without looking at the caller id i answered. "Hello?"

"Hey Ave" Adam spoke.

"Hey! long time no see" I smiled although i knew he couldn't see.

He laughed. "Yeah i know, Jake just told me you guys got home, want to catch up later tonight?" He asked.

"Uh i can't sorry, i'm going to Austin's race" I felt guilt run through my head.

"Oh" He laughed. "That's okay, be careful though, please"

"Really? you're actually not telling me not to go?" I said, my words full of surprise.

"Yeah i want you to do what you want, i want you to experience things, i'm not going to get in your way" Adam spoke words i didn't think would come out of his mouth.

"Thank you Adam" I breathed out a sigh. "Hey you can come, if you want" I asked, not even thinking about the words i said.

"I don't think that would be a good thing, thanks anyway Ave" His tone sounded off and i understood why.

"I just feel so bad! i ditched you the first night i met you, and now i have to turn you down!" I really did feel bad, all this was happening because of Austin, that boy owed me big time.

"It's fine! look i can get off work early and i'll go to your house, we can chill there? if that's okay"

"Yep sounds awesome" I said. I didn't tell him i was at the place we first met, i didn't know why.

"Cool. See you in 30?" He asked.

"Okay" I smiled again. Then we both said goodbye and the line went dead. So i had 30 minutes to get back to my house, and instead of walking which would've taken up the 30 minutes i caught a bus back, which got me home in 10. Jake wasn't home and he left me a note saying he was off training for his next fight.

I texted Adam a quick message telling him to bring swimmers so we could go in the pool, and so while i waited for him to arrive i got dressed into my bikini and jumped into the pool. I looked up a Austin's house when i heard music start to play, it was a remix and had pretty good bass so i was guessing it was for his dancing. Which reminded me that i haven't seen him dance.

Austin suddenly appeared at his window making me have a mini heart attack and he cause me to blush. He winked and i looked away, pictures of me and him in his room together flooded my mind.

The door bell suddenly rang, so i got out of the pool and went around the house, so i wouldn't have to dry myself. Austin opened his window and wolf whistled but i ignored it and continued walking to greet Adam.

"Hey!" I shouted although he was right in front of me. I threw my arms up in the air and hugged him.

"Gross Ave, you're wet" He scrunched up his nose. He took off his now wet shirt and put it in his bag and I couldn't help but stare at his well defined six pack.

"Well i didn't expect the greeting to be any nicer" I rolled my eyes.

"Neither" He pointed to his bag, he was obviously referring to his wet shirt.

"Ha" I laughed sheepishly. "Just put your bag in the house and we'll go in the pool"

He opened the door, walked in a dumped his bag in the living room, then he took of his shoes and stared at me with an evil glint in his eyes. Me being the oblivious one, i stood there and stared back at him with a confused expression. He then ran at me, i shrieked in surprise and started running away from him.

We both started laughing when he scooped me up in his arms and ran in the direction of the pool, when he went past Austins window, i saw him glaring but i just bit my lip and looked away.

Adam and I spent most of the afternoon in the pool and lounging around in my room watching movies and eating turkish delight. Jake came home eventually and we all went to lazer tag for an hour before we came back home and all had dinner together, that i had to make. Without me asking Adam asked Jake if he could go to his garage and help him modify the car he had. I looked at him with surprise, and mouthed a thank you. When they left at 7, i went upstairs to get ready for the race that started at 8.

This is where i am now, in Austins Nissan Skyline speeding to the destination of his race. At first i was scared out of my mind afraid that he was going to crash, it wasn't anything i expected. Then i got used to it and found it more fun, although i wondered what it would feel like to be behind the wheel, i enjoyed the feeling of the adrenaline rush. Lights, trees and buildings blurred as Austin drove past and continued to shift gears. The sound of his car was loud but not to loud.

The looks he gave me while he was driving wasn't his usual cocky ones but they were filled with something i was to afraid to admit. My stomach churned but not in a bad way, we smiled at each other before we were both lost in each others eyes. I got nervous with every second that passed, was being friends with Austin a good thing? i liked him and being just friends pained me, but that's all we could only be.

I cleared my throat and broke off the contact. "Keep your eyes on the road" I said sternly.

"You know, i could look at you and drive" He spoke while smirking, turning back into his normal self.

"Are we almost there?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah, the guys are just behind us" He said looking into the review mirror.

It wasn't until then that i noticed the engines of fast cars behind us. Five cars speed behind us, i could just see Joel's face in the car right behind Austins, the rest of the cars only had the tops visible. I could tell that all their cars were going to be amazing. Another thought that came into my mind would be that Georgia is going to be in one of those cars, so at least there was a girl i would know here.

"We're here" Austin said slowly.

I adjusted my head position so i was looking directly out the front window, and saw more people and cars than i expected. Austin told me this race was going to be a drag race, so this was another strip only bigger. As we reached the start of the cars Austin immediately slowed down so he wouldn't run over anyone. The windows were down so i heard the gasps and hushes of all the people talking, they all looked towards the five cars that were driving through causing them to part like the red sea.

Austin continued revving the engine to alert other people to get out of the way, they treated him like a king but then again i guess he was the king of racing, in this decade at least.

When we reached what would be the middle Austin parked his car in one of the large spaces, that must of been reserved for him and his gang. Austin got out of the car first, followed by me who quickly scrambled to stand by his side, trying to avoid the stares from people i didn't know.

"Hey man" A short guy came up to Austin and gave him one of those cool man hugs. Well he wasn't short he was at least 1 or 2 feet taller than me, he just looked short compared to Austin.

"Hey bro, everything alright?" Austin leaned back against his door, and i just stood there awkwardly. Yeah thanks Austin.

"Perfect" He dragged out the 'Per' than said 'Fect' normally. He looked intimidating but i guess they all did here.

"This is my girl Avery" Austin said introducing me to who ever this guy was. Austin gestured to me. "This is Len, anything you want to know or need about cars, this is the guy you go to"

"Aye girl" Len nodded and extended his hand out to me.

"Hey" I smiled and shook his hand. Yep, he's a nice one.

"What's she doing here?" Joel came up beside Austin. Len looked at me, gave me a reasurring wink and walked away, getting lost in the crowd.

"She, has a name" I folded my arms. "But i guess you wouldn't know it because, you're head is too thick to find out" I heard a couple of ooh's and ah's from the people around us.

"Actually i do know your name, Avery" He smirked.

"Well then you aren't as dopey as you look" I retorted, he dropped his smirk and glared.

"Avery, is here because i want her to be, you have to respect that Joel" Austin stood up and faced him.

"I know, she's Jake's sister though" Joel whispered although i heard every bit of what he said.

"I don't give a dog's shit, who's sister she is, i like her like everyone else does, you're the only one that seems to have a problem" Austin pointed at Joel's chest.

"Sorry" Joel took a step back and rolled his eyes.

"Hey Avery, long time no see" Georgia interrupted the tension and walked over to me.

"Hey" I smiled. "How's Damon" I winked.

"Oh he's amazing" She winked back and laughed. I joined in and that's how we started a conversation.

"My turn" Austin spoke with finality he grabbed my hand and started dragging me away.

I looked back at Georgia and waved, she laughed and waved back then went over to some other guy and looked at his car.

"So i was wondering if tonight could be the night i get to take you out" Austin spoke, we stood really close together, only so we could hear each other over the different music that played out of cars.

"If you win the race" I whispered in his ear, smirking.

"You know i will, beautiful" He whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"Well there won't be any problems" I breathed out.

"Good" Austin's lips were pressed against the spot below my ear and i started to feel weak in the legs, so i held onto Austin's arms. "It's my turn to race" He whispered again.

"O-okay" I said shakily. I let go of him and as if everything was normal we both walked to his car.

Joel and Georgia were already by his car and they had the hood up. I looked in and saw he had NOS, and a really powerful engine, i nodded impressed.

"Cool" I said like a nerd who was trying to be popular.

Austin laughed and got in his car. "Ready guys?" He asked Georgia and Joel.

Joel shut the hood and looked at Austin. "Ready" Austin nodded and drove a few metres in front so he was lined against 2 other cars. He revved his engine, causing the tyres to screech against the asphalt, i heard the people cheer for their drivers.

"Alright back it up people! outta the way" Len appeared in front of the cars and motioned with his arms. Girls and guys quickly stood on the pathway behind their cars.

I looked up at the traffic lights and saw it was red and knew that when it turned green Austin would disappear for that quarter mile. I had no way to meet him there so i would just have to wait here for him. I looked back at Austin and saw him looking at me, and we continued looking at each other until i heard the lights go green and he accelerated forward.

People on bikes and others just running, went after them their hands up in the air and screaming, this sure was wild and it was a place were serious business went down which only meant danger.

I stared at the cars and saw them race in a straight line, just imagining them shifting gears and staring at each other with nervousness. If you won this race, you earn the money that people gave to place bets. I rolled my eyes when i figured out that they must love race movies. Yet this was very real, they weren't a bunch of kids racing because they wanted to follow their favorite movie actors, no they were doing it because they love what they do and most of them probably grew up with it.

I leaned against Joel's car and ignored the glares he was giving me. Georgia was god know's where and the rest of his gang stood near their cars, waiting patiently for Austin. I saw the cars slow down and stop and knew that Austin won, i smiled, because well i expected him to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So why exactly are we walking in a creepy forest?" I asked as i held Austin's hand tightly. I didn't know why we were holding hands, we weren't even together, even though it felt like it.

"You'll see" Austin rolled his eyes. I couldn't really see him do it, because it was growing darker by the minute and i was getting creeped out. Austin promised me it was safe, so i guess it was okay. This wasn't a date he was just taking me out somewhere, it confused me though.

"We're here" Austin said the words he spoke when we first arrived at the race.

"It's amazing" I gasped. It was a clearing and the moon that was now clearly visible was full. It illuminated the trees and plants that were in the massive patch of grass. The picture was like one someone would dream of, something that would be in a movie.

"Yeah, like you" Austin said quietly, matching the forest that surrounded us.

We sat, not in the middle but towards the edge so we leaned against a tree. I put my head on his shoulder because it was late and really i was tired, but i didn't want to leave, i wanted this moment to last forever.

"I'm sorry" Austin said.

"What for?" I asked.

"This, we can't even be near each other without your brother wanting to shoot my brains out and turn me inside out" Austin raised his voice.

"No i should be sorry" It was true. I lifted my head up to face him, his features that were lit up by the moon made him look more god like, i looked from his gorgeous green eyes, to his perfect nose then finally to his well structured jaw where his light pink lips sat.

Then i did the unexplainable and kissed him. His lips against mine felt so right, and i didn't want to pull away but i did. He gave both of us a spilt second to breath before he kissed me again, more emotions poured into the kiss, it was more than the one on the roof and more than the one at the fighting academy.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me so i was sitting on his lap, i rested my hands on his chest then we both pulled back for a breath. We were both breathing hard as he trailed kisses from below my ear to my neck then collarbone.

"Austin" I whispered.

"Mhm?" He spoke, lips still pressed to my neck.

"Austin stop" I said more strongly.

Immediately he stopped and looked at me confused. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I kissed him again before i pulled back and leaned my forehead against his. "What do you think about us?" I asked. I sat back down in the spot i was in before, but felt him wrap an arm around me pulling me towards him. I shouldn't of kissed him, it was wrong of me. We don't even know what's happening between us. I'm not his girlfriend and he's not my boyfriend.

"To be honest, i don't know"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
1.2M 31.6K 44
Avery quinton, a bad girl that got in trouble, got dettention and didn't give a fuck about anything But they didn't know she's a gang leader and not...
104K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
315K 9.5K 35
A/N - There are many spelling and grammar mistakes - I apologise, also this was written when I was a teen so this story is so beyond reality. Thanks...