Write your Way into my Heart

By Wrenchxoxo

Haikyu!! Timeskip AU! M/n Mitsuru is a newly promoted employee of a famous sports magazine company, he was in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Christmas Special! Hanamaki + Matsukawa
Christmas Special! Meian + Inunaki
Christmas Special! Tobio + Shoyo
Christmas Special! Iwaizumi + Oikawa
Christmas Special! Akaashi +Bokuto
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Discontinued, sorry ;(

Chapter 16

706 53 9
By Wrenchxoxo

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

M/n hurried to his office, despite his nauseous state, he had some important matters to tend to.

Sweat trickled down his forehead, despite the air-conditioned room, he managed to be all sweaty on a tuesday morning.

"Mr. Mitsuru? Are you there?"

A confident female voice knocked on the other side of the door, making m/n panic as he looked for any reflection in hopes to make himself look somewhat presentable.

"In a minute!"

He replied, brushing his hair with his hand and wiped his sweat. Taking a deep breath before opening the door.

"Yes? Something wrong?"

He inquired, smiling politely, it's miranda's assistant. She was a nice lady, always seen holding something, mostly owned by her boss.

"Ms. Miranda wanted to tell you that the agent who'll help you for the interview will be arriving in just a few hours, so please standby and give him the best accomodation."

She pushed her eyeglass up, as she read a note on her folder.

"That would be all."

M/n nodded and thanked her, before leaning onto the door and slid slowly to the floor.

"I shouldn't have drank too much..."

He mumbled to himself, feeling last night's feast coming back up. He opened his door and ran towards the male restroom.

He spent a great portion of his morning throwing his last night dinner and breakfast down the drain.

The supposedly agent knocked on his door whilst he was in the middle of fixing his self.

"I'm coming in"

Said by the agent, m/n panicked as he was currently shirtless and was about to change into his spare polo.

"Eh-?"

The agent looked at him in surprised, heat found it's way to his cheeks as he stared more at the bare torso of the boy.

"Yeah uhm this....is not my ideal first impression"

M/n humored, quickly pulling out the spare polo and buttoned it before assessing the frozen man infront of him.

He hovered his hands back on forth infront of his face to get a reaction but it was futile. The agent was completely stunned.

M/n instead took the time to fix himself even more, sprayed cologne, fixed his hair and chew a gum.

He was getting impatient, so he looked at the man right in his eyes and reduced the distance between him and the man.

Right when their lips are about to feel one another, the man finally moved.

"Please don't-! i'm saving my first kiss for someone special"

He pleaded, tripping over his steps backward and m/n watched him in amusement that turned into a fit of laughter.

"Easy there champ, i wasn't gonna kiss you."

He reassured him, approaching him to lend him a hand.

"I was slightly concerned for your wellbeing that's all"

He told him, giving a polite smile as his hand were extended towards the agent, which he gladly took.

Once they were both on their feet, m/n dusted his clothes before offering to shake the man's hand.

"M/n Mitsuru, pleasure to meet you mr?"

"Tetsurou, Kuroo Tetsurou."

M/n nodded, the man dubbed as kuroo accepted the hand shake in a firm manner.

"So, im guessing you're the agent that miranda told me about?"

Kuroo nodded, his eyes darted in every corner of the room, as if familiarising himself with the person who owned it A.K.A m/n.

The shelf right behind m/n's seat caught his eye. It has a series of books, some of it were simply for entertainment but under was full of medical, law, and various books that does not need in his field of work.

"I see you're a scholarly one, mr.m/n?"

He mused, his fingers trailed the spine of the books. M/n turned to look where the man was and let out a snort.

"I wouldn't exactly call myself that, i just enjoy learning new things, that's all"

Kuroo wasn't definitely convinced. He knows that m/n is more than what he shows, and it's attracting him.

"Enough small talks, let's get down to business shall we?"

M/n continued, taking a seat on his table he crossing his legs and gave kuroo a sassy look.

"What are we going to do?"

"Well, yaku's my former teammate back in highschool"

Kuroo started, m/n's brows perched in surprise. A pleasant surprise at that.

"Well, that would make things easier now don't it?"

Kuroo only smiled as he agreed with what the queer man stated.

"Im thinking that we should go later? i did tell him that we would meet him before lunch"

M/n only nodded, detaching himself from the wooden table and spitted the chewing gum on the trash bin beside it.

"So? we have some time for ourselves then?"

He asked, walking towards his hanged coat pulling a box of chewing gum.

"Yeah, if that's what you want..."

M/n turned and offered a piece of gum, which kuroo politely declined.

"Wanna get to know each other then?"

Seemingly bored out of their minds, the two decided to interview one another about their likes, and dislikes. And at the end of the session, the two learned something new about each other.

Kuroo offered his vehicle as a mode of transportation towards the home of the russian libero.

Once they arrived, m/n was astonished by the libero's house- no, lemme rephrase that, it's a whole mansion.

The neoclassical architecture is meticulously designed to echo the grandeur of ancient rome. It truly was a sight to behold, especially for a commoner like m/n.

"It feels illegal to step into this place"

"Believe me, i felt like that too at first."

Kuroo related, taking the first step as he rang the doorbell. The overseer, saw him which he gave him a firm nod making the person in charge of the gates to open it.

M/n hesitated at first to take a step forward, until kuroo reassured him countless times he finally stepped in, very careful at that.

Scared to make a single sound, even a simple squeak.

There were two person that greeted them, one was what m/n assumed is the head of the maids, and another was a guy in his mid 20s. Most likely a butler.

"Hello langdon, marie, is yaku ready for his interview?"

"Yes yes, just in time, im pretty sure he's already in the room waiting for you two!"

Langdon only nodded as he lead us towards the room where their boss is waiting. M/n was nervous, he's double thinking his decisions. They stopped infront of two beautifully painted wood doors. 'this is it, there's no going back now...' m/n thought to himself, preparing himself for the worst.

Langdon opened both doors, revealing a pleasant living room. Decorated with trophies, medals and pictures of the famed libero.

In the middle was a big couch, and two extra small pillow seats. Infront of it was a massive flat screen TV, with various consoles and games under the shelf.

"Ah esteemed guests, come in, come in."

A cheerful voice came from behind the couch, the man stood up and slowly turned to face m/n and kuroo.

The man was wearing a business coat that was right on his size, his hair was slicked back which m/n find attractive.

He has a big smile on his face, his hands were extended outward, giving a dramatic aura from him.

"Kuroo! still a chicken head huh?"

The man joked,. approaching kuroo to give him a hug. M/n glanced and saw kuroo's repressed smile in his face which he found hilarious.

"Y'know im here for a business reason, right?"

He emphasized the word 'business' making the libero make fun of him.

"What? you don't think mr.interviewer here doesn't get reminded of a chicken with your hairstyle?"

Now everyone's eyes were on m/n. Feeling the pressure he opened his mouth to answer.

"I think- no, i mean yeah...you do look...like that"

M/n mentally cursed himself for stuttering, he looked down as he beats himself up in his head.

"PFFT BWAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU!"

The libero ridiculed his old friend, pointing and laughing at him nonstop.

M/n only stood there awkwardly, sending kuroo an apology telepathically. Their banter went on for more than a minute, which m/n didn't mind but at the same time, he's getting hungry.

"Ehem apologies, let's get the interview started shall we?"

Yaku started, clearing his throat to gain the attention of the others. He guided them towards the sofa before ordering his butler to bring them some beverage.

"Mitsuru M/n, i'll be interviewing you for today"

"Yaku Morisuke, pleasure to be interviewed by a man like you"

Yaku replied with a hint of seduction, making m/n blush in such an inconvenient time. Kuroo observed the two, an irk mark gradually formed in his forehead as he watch his old friend attempt to get into his interviewer's pants.

"Shouldn't we be starting your interview, yaku?"

Kuroo interjected, the two can sense the flaming anger behind the agent's voice.

"Right, let's get started...."

And so, m/n conducted the interview and fortunately it went well. They were given a tour of the mansion as they spoke to one another as well, M/n and kuroo was about to leave the mansion when yaku insisted that they stay for lunch.

M/n politely declined, feeling embarrassed to eat in such a rich place but his mode of transportation agreed, so now they're sitting beside yaku who was talking about his experience in russia and how culture shocked he was.

"I was homesick for days! could you believe it? i thought i can handle it, guess i underestimated that country"

He exclaimed as he cut through the steak, m/n was chewing the piece of meat as he listened to the boy's rant attentively.

"So, m/n what's your plan after this lunch?"

"Hm i don't have any pending business to tend to, why?"

Yaku cleared his throat once more before replying.

"Would you like to work for me?"

"Huh? what do you mean?"

"Be my personal assistant, you'll come to every country i go. You'll be paid handsomely of course."

Kuroo, who was minding his business almost choked on the piece of meat he was chewing on.

"Are you crazy-?!"

Everyone looked at kuroo who stood up from his seat, realising the ruckus he made, he sat down and composed himself.

"I mean, what's with the sudden offer? you aren't the type to offer a job on anyone, let alone someone you met"

He sipped on his red tea, his eyes stared at the smug look yaku has. He can't quite put it, but he has the urge to be protective towards his client.

It's not like yaku's a bad person, good lord he knows him since he was a midget- well, he is until now but i digress. He's a good person, but there's that feeling of uncertainty lingering everytime kuroo watch m/n be enthralled with yaku's words and mannerisms.

"Is it bad that i took interest on m/n? he seems trustworthy, and a good person to be with at all times"

Yaku sent a flirtatious wink to m/n's way at the end of his sentence. Despite all of that, m/n was busy resisting the urge to ignore his vibrating phone.

"But still- "

"So, m/n what do you say?"

Yaku and kuroo turned their attention to the h/c-nette who was typing something on his phone with a smile decorated in his face.

I would be lying if i say it didn't piqued the boy's curiousity, but they let him. They watched him get lost in his own world with the person on his screen.

M/n noticed the silence in the room, and once he realised the two were looking at him he immediately pocketed his phone.

"Huh? oh sorry, you were saying?"

putting a smile, feeling his phone in his pocket, setting it to silent for the mean time.

"You seem to be enjoying the person on your phone..."

Yaku commented, resting his head on his hand.

"Well, i won't really say it like that, but he is a fun person to talk to"

M/n replied with a smile, but quickly stopping himself as soon as he felt a slight jump in his chest.

"I wonder would you smile like that if i talk to you on the daily?"

'What is this fuckhead on?!' Kuroo exclaimed, internally panicking. He did not sign up for this, the plan was to get an interview and go back, not get an interview and watch them flirt?!

"You're one smooth talker,  yaku-san...but i must decline, kuroo?"

M/n stood up from his seat, planting his hand ontop of yaku's.

"Thank you for the meal and time, mr.yaku, hope to see you again"

After that, he left without a word. Yaku was left on the dining table completely baffled and utterly flattered.

"Oh m/n....you're one hell of a poison....."

He mumbled, cheeks stained with pink fairy dust as he stared at the hand that the boy held. Remembering the soft feeling of m/n's hands ontop of his.

Kuroo, who was behind m/n. Watched the boy in amusement, knowing where to turn and walk in without the help of the maids or butlers.

"How come you've familiarised yourself already?"

"Hm? i have photographic memory, so i'm your best bet when it comes to escape rooms and stuff"

He grinned, boasting one of his gifts. Kuroo couldn't help but smile at the sight of him.

"Well, let's go on an escape room some time then?"

"I'll think about it~"

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122 2 5
Updating every few days for now. Writers block..! ☆ She got to enjoy the first year of high school where she really wanted to, Shiratorizawa, before...
15.3K 530 11
She never attends class and has no friends. She does her work but is never seen. She's never had much social interaction and yet she falls in love...
25K 559 38
Oikawa is invited to a series of weddings that he returns to Japan to attend. This means that he must come face to face with his unrequited crush and...
67.8K 2.6K 38
A very bright boy, an outgoing one. Energetic brat and an airhead at that, those are the things that describes m/n l/n, a boy with a free spirit. Thi...