LOVE IS NOT OVER YET JIKOOK

By 22_97j

[MPREG] When the one you thought would be your constant star becomes your temporary fix, would you do everyth... More

Chapter 1: love is painful, so are goodbyes
Chapter 2: the one who broke your heart
Chapter 3: let's burn this out, let's play hide and seek
Chapter 4: he's the only one around and he meant every little thing to me
Chapter 5: memoirs of sadness
Chapter 6: universal truth
Chapter 7: why did we turned out like this?
Chapter 8: right or wrong?
Chapter 9: fears
Chapter 10:history
Chapter 11: missing you
Chapter 12: efforts and sincerity
Chapter 13: like a cold bucket of water
Chapter 14: his side of the story
Chapter 15: sweet dreams
Chapter 17: when the wind blows
Chapter 18: holding me back
Chapter 19: maybe, i'll get drunk again, to feel a little love
Chapter 20: bleeding love
Chapter 21: such cruel fate
Chapter 22: flicker of hope
Chapter 23: a lovely family
Chapter 24: nostalgia
Chapter 25: weird feeling
Chapter 26: special someone

Chapter 16: the sound of healing and hurting

392 22 2
By 22_97j

"One more bottle here please!" He ordered after feeling the scorching sensation of the soju burning down in his throat. He wanted to call Jin and have a drinking session with him because apparently, all this shit that he's going through, Jin had the most grasp about his life. He practically told Jin everything, if he left out some then that would be minor details. Though he found out that Jin was busy and off to meet someone, with his best friend who's career-driven and stoic - he's glad and didn't want to bother with his personal problems anymore.

He wanted to rant, he wanted to vent out this feeling of frustration and anger bubbling terribly inside him but there's no one he could talk to.

The old lady managing up the tent store gave him another bottle and he drank it, trying to wash down the continuous emergence of pain throbbing in his heart and he wanted to curse at himself – you shouldn't even care, Jungkook! He shouldn't be crying at all, because when Jimin abandoned him, he also abandoned him as he carried the feeling of betrayal and anger. So now, why is he crying as he held up the glass and took another shot?

He spent money over five bottles! God, if he was sober and rationally thinking right now, he would have hit his fvcking head because that's worth a three nights meal! But Jungkook was desperate in numbing his mind about the mess of a past that's catching up to him wherever he goes and that discipline wasn't in his line of thought and system anymore.

He's sitting at a bench in the nearby park, the alcohol was hitting entering his system and everything was causing him to be drowsy but he feel light, and that kind of feeling is what he was craving for. Then, he heard somebody sing and the sweet lullaby lingered in his ears – it felt soothing, so hypnotizing both the voice and the song.

"Love, love the stars,

Love, love the moon..."

And in a way, it gave Jungkook the urge to look at the sky for the stars and the moon – his gaze strayed at the big black sky, littered with the glowing stars and bright half moon. As his gaze remained fixed in the beautiful scenery of the sky, he felt every single thought draining down in the drain and nothing but the image that his eyes were capturing that moment stayed there on his mind.

"Da neoui ban ban

banui banui bando..."

The longer the singing runs, he could feel a sense of familiarity over the voice – like he knew who it was, but he could never put a ring on who because this was the first time he heard that voice singing. He stood up, swaying with in his walk in search for the voice and then he saw who it was.

He didn't move, but listened to the song in appreciation.

"If only I had just half of you
If only,"

The voice ended the song. Jungkook took the cue to call who it was, "Dean!" He yelled then as if proving his guess correct, the man turned to him in a state of confusion.

Then, Dean's face distorted into shock, and Jungkook ran to him.

"Were you there the whole time?" Dean asked him, his lips curling into a smile that was obviously a charmer.

Jungkook noticed that there was something different with Dean, maybe it was the way he dressed tonight as he was wearing a white turtle neck and long dark coat; it was so weird seeing Dean outside his barista uniform and that seeing him in civilian clothes gave him a new kind of identity.

"Yeah, I heard everything," Jungkook admitted, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. His flushed face caused by drinking didn't even help. "You never told me you sing."

"You never asked though," Dean countered, chuckling lightly at the savagery of its appeal.

"Tsk," Jungkook uttered and cocked a brow at Dean.

Dean chuckled again. "Wait, did you drink?"

"Yeah, sorry," He covered his mouth, ashamed that Dean had to smell his breath reeking of alcohol.

"Why?" Dean's face shifted into seriousness, he didn't perceive Jungkook as someone who drinks alcohol – for all he knew, Jungkook always avoid invites to drink when the crew decided it was a night out.

"You see, it's a...long story."

"Well, I have time?" Dean suggested, "Or is it personal?"

"Yeah, kind of personal,"

"You know what, you don't need to tell me at all, but whatever it is, I know you can get through it. You've raised a life all by your own, and that's brave. So, I honestly believe you can handle it." Dean told him, his voice and the sincerity that wrapped beyond it had made its impact on Jungkook and in a way – he found comfort and ease, along those lines.

Jungkook just smiled, the alcohol still muddling his mind but he can take notice of everything, and he used his awareness to change the topic. "What were you doing here?"

"Uh, I was recording a song,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I-I was planning to g-give it to someone too." Dean commented, sounding a bit hesitant in confiding the information.

"Oh, someone you like then?" Jungkook inquired; turning and leaning closer to Dean as if scrutinizing him for further information.

"S-something like that, yeah." Dean shifted to create a distance at the proximity they were both in. "I like him but he doesn't really know, and I'm planning to confess with this song."

"Oh," Jungkook's lips parted into an 'o', and it made him more curious. "That's sweet of you, I like the song very much. It's definitely pleasing and soothing in the ears. He'll like it – no, love it when he finishes listening to it."

"Really, you think so?" Dean sounded ecstatic, looking back at Jungkook and the distance he was making earlier appeared contradicting because now their eyes were too close, their faces inches apart.  "Oops, sorry," he pulled back, it made him awkward.

"It's okay," Jungkook affirmed, "Yeah, I think so. You know, if someone did an effort to write me a song, brainstorming each night about the tune, the arrangements and all – damn, I'd love it even if I haven't heard it. I hope the person that you like, likes you back. It's hard being all alone in a boat,"

"I hope so too, you know, I've been watching him from a far for so long, I've seen him and I've learn to know who he is, and each day, I can't help but be wrapped around his finger. Unrequited love sucks, but whatever decision he has I'll respect it."

"You know love sucks, I fell in love too." He told Dean, "I've never been so happy in my whole life. But yeah, love and pain, they always come in pair. And I was yet to experience it and when I did, it left me devastated. I'm not stopping you to love, I just w-want to remind you that, when you love, stay committed, stay loyal, and love the one you're with because the betrayal you get from the person that you love the most, is the worst kind of pain you'll feel."

"And if you ever fall out of love, tell them. If you don't love him anymore, tell him. Don't hurt the person who did nothing but love you. That's unfair,"

That made Dean silent because it sounded so deep, so meaningful and that made him think how hurt Jungkook was to ever become like this. And that who hurt him. The silence succumb them, and the night blended in with it – Dean stared at the moon while Jungkook took the silence as an opportunity to massage his temples.

The hit was getting terrible, and the side effect of five bottles was going to knock him out, he felt himself losing balance as the moment stretched longer. The slumber knocked in his system and Jungkook might've opened the door.

He fell asleep leaning against Dean's broad shoulders.

Jimin woke up, his arms wrapped around Jikook and Jikook was hugging him back. He felt alarmed as the memories swarmed his mind. He had to bring Jikook to the daycare today. Oh sh--! He didn't want to break away from his son's tight embrace, but he had to. He slowly did it so Jikook wouldn't wake up in distress due to his sense of rush. He washed his face and took a quick brush, before going back to the room and taking a look on Jikook to see if he was awake already.

The boy was soundly asleep, god, he didn't want to wake up his son, but he had to or he's going to have another bad shot on his list of bad shots with Jungkook. He slowly tapped Jikook's puffy cheek, his first tap came unnoticeable but on his second, the boy scrunched his nose in annoyance whilst his eyes still closed.

He tapped again and this time spoke, "Jikookie, wake up,"

The boy slowly peaked by opening a single eye, and then realized how this wasn't his own room. He slowly pulled himself up, and rubbed his eyes.

"You're going to be late for school," Jimin told, "hurry you should go there at the bathroom and wait for me there okay."

The boy nodded and obediently did what he was told.

Jimin went to his own closet and pulled out something, a box. He lifted the cap of the box, and inside were stacked clothes – all new and unused. They were branded ones, and the fit wasn't for him, but for Jikook. When Jimin was out shopping with his hyungs or he's out all alone, every time he passes by a children's store he ended up going and buying things for Jikook. He couldn't give them as he was finding a chance to do so and the chance didn't come by with all that happened, plus he was trying to collect them.

He took out a white polo, gray cardigan, and some pants. He grabbed a towel, too. He went to the bathroom and Jikook was standing there, sleepily.

"Come on, Jikook, you have to take off your clothes so hyung could bathe you."

"No, don't want to,"

"Come on," Jimin went closer his hands moving forward.

"No, hyung, appa only sees."

"What?"

"Appa's the only one who sees me naked."

"Oh," Jimin uttered, "but I can't bathe you with your clothes on. It's fine, baby. We're both guys, hyung has one too." Jimin winked and smiled – any moment it could break into a laugh but laughing would only worsen Jikook's embarrassment.

Jimin took off his shirt, revealing his built muscles and magnificent physique. "Look, hyung took off his too. You should remove your clothes too, this is unfair."

Hesitantly, Jikook remove his shirt. Then with a little more coaxing, Jikook was stark naked under Jimin. "Don't worry, hyung will tell nobody. Plus we're both guys, it's normal."

"Promise?" He raised his pinky finger.

Jimin smiled widely, and hooked his finger with Jikook's, "Promise."

Jimin lifted Jikook up in his arms before setting him down on the tub that was too big for him. The boy splashed water, everywhere! "Hyung, this is my first time in a bath tub!" He squealed the water giving him the chills that awakened his senses.

"Baby boy, calm down!" Jimin told while avoiding the splashes Jikook were doing.

"Hihihi, hyung you have water all over you."

Jimin gave a hearty laugh, one that you give when the happiness you're feeling is so full to contain that it comes along with your laugh. He didn't want to spoil the mood – but he wondered if this was what going to be everyday with Jikook feels and going to be like, he missed so much.

The two of them got finished and Jikook got dressed into the clothes Jimin had for him. And Jimin had to wear casual clothes with some shades and a cap to at least hide his identity.

On their way out, Jimin looked at Jikook and asked, "Do you want hyung to carry you?"

Jikook tilted his head, slightly surprised at the offer but nonetheless, he nodded continuously. "Yehey!" He jumped into Jimin's arms, colliding with Jimin's chest. "Ouch," Jikook uttered making Jimin chuckle and ruffle his hair.

The boys were already eating downstairs, "Jimin!" They called and they saw Jimin going down the stairs with Jikook in his arms. All the men wanted to coo, but they didn't It still feels alienating to see Jimin with a child that looks so much like him but Jimin being a father seemed cute and such an interesting concept.

"Hi Jikook!" Taehyung stopped eating and went to them. He made stupid silly faces in front of Jikook, the boy in laughter accidentally slapped Taehyung.

"That hurt!" Taehyung told him, his eyes dropping low and head lowering.

"I didn't mean it, hyung, Jikook's sorry." Jikook apologized.

"Then, you have to kiss where it hurt then I'll forgive you." Taehyung told him which Jikook agreed to, and kissed Taehyung's right cheek.

"Wait, where's Namjoon-hyung?" Jimin asked, taking notice that Namjoon's chair was empty.

"Well, he went out last night and didn't actually tell us where, just said he has to meet somebody. He's not yet back."

"Oh okay," Jimin thought – meet somebody, eh? For all he knows, he's finally meeting that guy again.  He just found out recently that Namjoon was – well, talking to Jin, yeah, a complete shocker. He got jealous over nothing, seriously! He almost went crazy that day, and that the fact he had to endure that in front of them was like pulling his feet down under. He got Jin's number during that time when they were at the café, so that's why he volunteered to ask.

Also, Namjoon almost knocked him out when he said he wanted to kill Jin that time when he got jealous, said nobody should hurt his Jinnie. Ew. But you guys (or anybody) don't need to know that.

"Hey aren't you going to eat?"

Jimin's eyes locked with Yoongi, he could see the sadness in those eyes and in a flicker, it seemed empty again. Like how it's been lately. "No, we're running late."

"We bought you and Jikook some pancakes." Hoseok said, and they were packed too. Jimin just grabbed them thinking he could feed it to Jikook on their way to the driveway.

"Thanks, I'll be back," Jimin grabbed the plastic, and took off with his car keys.

Jimin made Jikook eat the pancakes on the car as they drove to Jikook's daycare. Normally, if it was any other person and even his hyungs, Jimin would've killed if someone dared to even eat in his car. Though, when Jikook spilled the syrup from its packet on his car seat, he didn't go crazy and quickly stopped the car to the side to see if it spilled in Jikook's clothes.

Jimin decided they stay and let Jikook finish eating. And when Jikook was done, he brought the car back to life and rushed to the daycare. They went their on time, Jimin talked to the teacher, regarding Jikook's school performance. Before the classes started, he chitchat with the teacher, who wondered where was Jungkook. He just replied that Jungkook will be the one to take Jikook home. Then, came on the topic about his identity, the teacher was curious about him and found out he is the Park Jimin. Yes!

The teacher knew about him and that he was famous. She looked so shook, but stay calmed nonetheless. Since, the teacher knew about his identity, he told him he was a friend of Jungkook. He didn't need a story of him being a father already being released to the goddamn press.

But the teacher was strict and closely tied to the parents. She values confidentiality too, but yeah, Jimin still had to make some safety measures. The teacher finally admitted that Jikook was actually running late – not in a literal sense or school performance. Because, Jikook was at the top of the class and the thing is, he should be enrolled in a kinder class and finally start his journey at school.

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes, but I feel sympathetic towards his father because he's really trying hard to make sure Jikook gets to go to school though it's just that he can't let his son yet because of money matters. Being a single parent sure is hard, but really, really amazing."

"Oh, Mr. Park, classes are about to start! Thank you for bringing Jikook here." She waved off and went back inside the classroom.

Jimin aimlessly walked out of the daycare. The teacher's words lingering in his head, so his son was supposed to be advanced and should be taking kindergarten already. God, he should've known about this earlier. He'll talk to Jungkook about this. They need to make arrangements about Jikook's future. Jimin wanted the best for his son - he wanted Jikook to have everything he needs and go there. He didn't want his son to limit himself from his dreams and potential when he could have it.

Jimin waited inside his car in the park, he didn't know where Jungkook went. He does not know if he went to work today, he isn't even answering his calls! The only option to see him is to wait here.

He spent hours holed up inside the car. In the middle of those hours, he went to the nearby convenience store to grab some drinks that could go along with the pancakes that the other members gave him. He wanted to grab a pack of cigarettes, but that would smell on his car and he remembered Jungkook getting angry about it. So before his fingertips could reach the box, he halted and pulled back then directly going to the counter to check out his bottled iced tea.

He ate there, eyes fixated on the daycare for signs of Jungkook.

He fell asleep for some time. Guess, he woke up too early and that they weren't even running late considering that he and the teacher had time to talk. He dozed off in the car, waking up some time later, it seemed a little late and the place became too peaceful.

He panicked that he might've overslept, but the panicking died down when he saw Jungkook's back – he could recognize that back anywhere. He hurriedly went out, even forgetting his cap and shades inside the car, as he hurriedly tried to ran towards Jungkook.

But before he could finally reach Jungkook, a man from behind blocked his view and stood beside Jungkook. The man took Jungkook's hand, and they both started walking inside the daycare.

Jimin was frozen on his tracks, his face contorted in confusion, and his mouth parted. What was that? He could feel his knuckles tightening that pushed him to ball his fists, clenching them tightly. He would've recognized if it was Jin, but it was different. And assuming, Jin would still be with Namjoon.

So who's that guy now? And why is he holding hands with Jungkook?

He went after them, damn it! He won't let this happen.

"Jungkook!" He yelled, he might've called him out too loud and the tone was a bit off that the both of them turned around.

"Where were you? And who's this guy?" Jimin shot question after question. His gaze dangerously scanning the guy beside Jungkook – and he was right, it wasn't Jin. It was a new guy, and fuck, it scared and angered him to his wits, because seriously?

"What are you still doing here?" Jungkook asked, his voice sounded so displeased. Of course, he wouldn't be pleased – the guy who murdered his heart and the reason why he drank all night was here, right in front of him! The more he didn't want to see Jimin, the more he appeared in his sight. And it makes him downright infuriated!

"Jungkook, who is he?" The guy asked, looking subtly at Jungkook with his hands still intertwined with him.  Jimin wanted to break those hands so it wouldn't be able to hold his Jungkook's hand anymore. His fingers were supposed to be there, not his!

"He's just someone I used to know."

Ouch, that freaking stung! That hurt like a btch. Jimin looked awfully hurt when his face scrunched, the veins in his forearms showing heavily. He could've just told him he was a friend or something – but someone I used to know was worst. The pain was trying to consume him whole and drive him mad crazy, but he didn't want to break the fck down in front of this guy and Jungkook.

"Oh, hi," The guy turned to Jimin, smiling and Jimin wanted to punch his face to wipe that smile off. "My name's Dean, I'm Jungkook's-"

"He's my boyfriend." Jungkook told as he cut Dean off.

Jimin's whole world feels like shattering at the sound of those words coming off from Jungkook's mouth.

The sound was similar to Jimin's heart being broken.

And the sound might've preoccupied his system, might've deafened him enough not to take notice of the tears slipping in his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 496 33
Starting a relationship is easy. Keeping a relationship, though? That's much easier said than done. Just take a look at Jimin and Jungkook. They see...
778K 30.2K 51
Although Jungkook and Jimin aren't mates, they made a promise to stay together regardless of any complicated obstacles that could come along the way...
225K 15.5K 58
"Prince Jungkook will cease to be a prince and would be the king of this kingdom from now, and his newly wedded wife, the princess of Cyrus, will be...
267K 9.9K 48
"W-what is my fault? Why are you being like this? Do you hate me?" "You asked me what is your fault?! Because of your stupid action, I lost her! I lo...