To Those Who Wait (gxg)

By Loiosh

Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the chee... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 6

1.4K 92 33
By Loiosh

It was a good thing there was no homework the first day of school, because I couldn't have done it. Not wouldn't, couldn't. I had the house to myself when I got home, mom wouldn't be home till after her shift, which was usually sometime after 7pm depending on how busy she was. I'd have dinner ready for her by then, but in the meantime, I had to calm myself down from such an extraordinary day.

That was easier said than done.

I tried meditation, but that doesn't work when you smile and giggle to yourself. Yoga was the same, you're not supposed to sigh happily over and over while doing downward dog. So instead, I tried to be productive and work on the outline of my creative writing story. That I could do, since I was basing it off of my current experience of meeting Sam after all this time. I had to back off a little though when I realized my story had her marrying me instead of Dave. That might be a little too much too soon if I was going to let her read it. My last resort was dancing around the kitchen with the music blaring while making up a nice batch of garlic shrimp and pasta.

Needless to say, when my mom came into the house and saw that as her welcome home, she didn't have to ask how my day had gone.

"You found her?" she confirmed. I just nodded happily.

"And she still remembered you?"

"She's my girlfriend now!" I cried out, giving my mom a hug. We'd never had the whole talk about being gay. It never dawned on me to not tell mom about Sam every chance I could, so she knew where my heart was.

"I'm so happy you found her!" she said as she hugged me back.

"There are issues, but we're going to work on them. Her dad is a certified grade A asshole and has paid her two cousins to keep people away from her. Specifically, people like me. He also wants her to marry a guy she doesn't like just for his business. So, we have to figure out how to derail his plans." I just gave her the short version. I was too hyper to give her the whole story. Mom was just as upset about the whole thing as I was, though technically nothing he was doing was illegal, just horrible, though the coercing his daughter like that into a marriage might be able to be prosecuted if there was proof.

But even the short version helped to ease my mind. After dinner I felt almost drained from the excitement of the day and went upstairs to brush my teeth and relax in bed for a bit. I was scrolling through my phone to see what music to play when I groaned in annoyance. How had I not remembered I could text Sam now?

Me – Hey! Just wanted to see how your night went.

Sammy – Hi! Not great, M&M ratted me out to dad about you, I'm grounded. Which means nothing since I can't go anywhere.

Me – I'm sorry babe! Lucky he can't keep you out of school!

Sammy – Don't give him ideas!

Me – He may be a dick, but my mom is thrilled that I found you. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Sammy – I can't wait either! Watch your back though, my cousins probably texted Dave too, so he might come looking.

Me – He's a pitcher right? What hand does he throw with?

Sammy – He's a lefty. That's why the scouts love him I guess.

Me – I'm all set then. I'll win my princess!

Sammy – You're crazy!

Me – Only for you! Good night babe!

Sammy – Good night beautiful!

I fell asleep with a smile on my face, with visions and memories of the day with Sam on my mind. I even knew how to treat our library date tomorrow. I'd waited four years to see Sam, and nothing was going to stop us now!

The following morning dawned bright and early, and with Sam to look forward to I'm up on time, showered and dressed in plenty of time for breakfast. My mom would be thrilled if she was awake, but she needs her sleep since her shift starts later. I even had time to pack a lunch this morning! Once I'm done at the house, I hop in my trusty little car and head off to school.

A part of me wishes I could hang out by Sam's locker, and we could walk to class and be a couple, but based on our talk yesterday, we're going to be friendly but not flirty. At least not until our library time anyway. In the meantime, we're not going to give her cousins or father any extra ammunition to use against her. So, I just made my way to Ms. Walkers class, giving her a little wave as I took my seat.

While I waited, I took out my story outline and jotted down a few more ideas of what my character might want to do when confronted with her long-time crush. I was pretty sure Ms. Walker didn't want to read chapter after chapter of kissing, and then going beyond that was probably not a good idea for a story that is a school assignment. Who knows, maybe Ms. Walker likes smut though.

In my mind there was a lot of smut though, even if I wasn't sure how to write about it.

When Sam came in with her cousins, I gave them all a polite wave, and then turned my attention back to the outline. Or pretended to anyway. In reality, I kept sneaking glances at Sam whenever the cousins were facing forward. Her hair was in a ponytail today, with a few loose and wispy hairs in a halo around it. Her neck looked beautiful, and I had to bite my lip thinking of how I'd want to kiss her there in the library later. She has adorable ears too. Is that a thing? Well, her ears were adorable to me, so I guess so. I wonder if she'd mind me nibbling a little on her earlobes?

Argh! Now I'm staring too much again! Stop Abby! The damned cousins will see!

For her part, Sam was being polite, and nothing more. We were playing our part and it was killing me. I wanted to be sitting next to her and be able to look at her from the corner of my eye and see a secret smile on her face. Granted, the view from behind was as wonderful as always, but I hated having to hide this because of her family. This was going to be a long school year. And we still had no idea what to do about her dad's demands.

How do we get the money for Sam to go to school where she wants? Hell, where does she want to go? Can I go there? Would she want me to? Can we protect Janine? Oh shit, calm down! I want a hug. I need the library!

Luckily, my mini breakdown took up the last ten minutes of the period and the bell rang so I could head off to Bio to hopefully clear my head. I politely waved at the three blondes, blushing at the wink I got in return from Sam, and made my way out of the classroom. Of course, today in Biology we're going to start studying the human reproductive system. Well, fuck! Yep, I won't be thinking about Sam at all for that!

I hope she doesn't mind that I think these things of her. Am I going to offend her? Does she think them too? Damnit! Stop overthinking Abby!

Lunch time couldn't come fast enough. Not that I needed to see Sam again or anything. Alright, maybe I did. I knew her cousins would be there too, but it didn't matter. Hopefully it would be nice and peaceful before I saw her changing in the locker room again. Oh god, the locker room. I was never going to be able to survive the school year!

My entrance to the lunchroom was delayed when I felt a hand land on my shoulder and squeezing it tight. I spun around to see a tall, smirking boy looking down at me, with two others behind him for support.

"Can I help you?" I asked, not sure what the hell was happening here.

"You must be Abby, right?" he asked.

"Yep. And you are?"

"I'm Dave," he stated, as if that name made him important.

"Nice to meet you Dave, can I go eat my lunch now?"

"I heard a rumor that you're checking out my property!" he tried to say in a threatening manner. It came off more pompous though.

"Did you have something on EBAY? I was looking for a new bike, but I didn't see any I liked." Yep, I could play dumb like the best of them.

"No, you bitch! I meant Sam!" He reached out and grabbed my shoulder again, trying to squeeze it. He needed to work on his grip. My shoulder was too think for him to get a firm handle, and I felt bad for his intimidation tactics. 

"Let's make a few things clear. Sam is a friend of mine. I know her from soccer. She was literally the only person I knew at school yesterday, so of course I hung out with her. If you have a problem with that then you're pretty damned insecure. Also, the last person who touched me like that is still in physical therapy with a torn rotator cuff. I'm pretty sure that would sink your pitching career, so back off." This wasn't really true. I only partially tore his labrum because I was in a good mood that day. But seriously, what the hell was up with these high school boys? "Besides, I have a girlfriend, so I think Sam is safe with me." Very true, but I didn't need to tell him that Sam was the girlfriend.

"Oh, so you are a dyke!" he snickered.

"And you're an asshole. Are we just going to state the obvious today?"

"You know, one night with me and I can straighten you right out." He added in a lower voice, as if that would help his garlic breath.

"Oh? Why is that?" I asked while feigning interest.

"I have a magic dick. Turns all the ladies straight!" He puffed out his chest with that.

I scanned the guys behind him. "Is this true? You've seen it?"

They all agreed that this must be the most magical of all magic penises. It must spout golden.... Shit, never mind, let's not go there. "So, a magic dick huh?"

He nodded along with me.

"Which of these guys behind you did it turn gay then?" I asked innocently. "Cuz with your logic, if it turns the gay girls straight, then it must make the straight guys gay. So, which of you guys is secretly staring at him in the locker room? Both of you? Or is it really not as magic as he thinks?"

"You fucking bitch!" he spat, trying to squeeze harder again.

Reaching up and gripping his left wrist I spun him around, kicking the back of his knees so he sank to the ground while twisting his left arm up behind him. "I push a little higher and your shoulder is fucked for quite a while," I promised him. "I can do that well before your buddies there can get to me." I pushed up a little so he could feel the pain.

"Okay, okay! Stop!" he cried.

"Now I don't know what your problem is with me, but trust me, if any of you or your buddies want to fuck with me, the only person I'm coming for is you and your shoulder. I might take a knee out for good measure. Hard to use a plant foot with no ACL," I whispered harshly into his ear. "I don't need to win the fight, I just need to take out your pitching arm, and you and I both know it."

"Fine, truce" he whimpered.

"Good, enjoy your lunch." I stood and walked away, not into the cafeteria though. I couldn't stand to see Sam right now, I'd lose control and hug her in front of everyone. That wouldn't help the situation at all.

I was too wound up and that wasn't good. I headed to the library, sneaking back to the corner we were in yesterday and just sat. I picked a little at my sandwich and chips, but I really had no appetite. When the bell finally rang, I headed to PE. For the first time in quite a while, I really wanted dodge ball. Those bitches were going to be bruised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 51.9K 120
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** Love. Love can be a forbidd...
220K 9.8K 33
For the last four years. Nai'a Mahoe has been tormented by three bullies. Their latest attack landed the high school senior in the hospital with life...
Chemistry By Teddy

Teen Fiction

5.9M 184K 44
The school knows Ezra as the mysterious badass who always speaks her mind, but the truth is that she is barely holding on. She is forced to work long...
87.9K 4.7K 38
After ten years in an arranged marriage that she'd regretted agreeing to from the beginning, Kenley Hayes finally got her husband to agree to a divor...