tough love ; jack gilinsky

By nagrom_

Meredith is a hot tempered rich teenager, who doesn't like to be told what to do. But when she's forced to wo... More

i n t r o
o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e

t w o

7.7K 122 36
By nagrom_

June 15

m e r e d i t h

You know, I expected after two weeks Jack and I would start to get along.

I was wrong. In fact things seemed to get worse, if I'm being completely honest. He hates me. Which, I don't blame him. I'm just a stuck up rich girl to him.

Unlike Cam, who took the time to get to know me. Knows I'm not a stuck up rich girl. Jack never calls me by my actual name. He calls me princess. It drives me nuts.

But today I'm determined to not let anything he says get to me.

Today there's a huge birthday party, for my neighbour. Vanessa. She was also a member at the country club, so we used to hang out when no one else was around. Though she's two years younger than me, I didn't really mind her. But then something changed and she was just a straight up bitch, yo.

Now she's the definition of spoiled rich girl. She has bleach blonde hair and wears PINK like it's part of her religion. And I'm not talking about the colour. I'm talking about the store PINK. Every item of clothing she wears is from that store and you can get everything from there. I own like two items in total from that store. I'm more of a thrift shop kinda girl. Which is frowned upon from my dad. He thinks I should buy new clothes rather than used.

She's turning sixteen, and everyone must be on top of everything and if one little thing goes wrong. You're probably gonna get fired. Or demoted to a worse job, like poolside waiters. Now that friggin sucks. Because you get yelled at if you don't bring the costumer their drink or whatever in the slotted amount of time. It's a nightmare. Just like this party will be.

If Vanessa doesn't get what she wants, immediately. She'll flip shit on you. But guess who gets to be her personal servers this evening?

Me, and Jack. I begged so many people to switch with me, but on account of me being me. They refused.

"Okay princess, we have to work together on this one. So let's try and get along shall we?" Jack said fixing his tie. All the employees working the party must wear pink ties. I think it's just weird.

"You're the one who hates me, so youshould be the one who should be trying the hardest here Gilinsky." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ugh, fine. So er, what's your favourite colour?" He smirked.

"Nice try, but try harder. In the meantime, let's go make sure every table setting is perfect, because the guest of honour should be here any minuteeeeee." I dragged out the last syllable of minute.

I dragged him out to the dining room, which was decorated just for Vanessa. There was a huge banner that said "Happy Birthday, Kitten."

"Kitten? Oh dear lord." I heard Jack say under his breath. I chuckled a little.

"She's anything but," I said fixing some of the plates. "Wait till you see her." As soon as the words left my mouth she came busting in the door.

"The princess is here!" She yelled as her little squad walked behind her.

"Oh my." I said under my breath. She was wearing a fucking tiara. Plus a very expensive looking dress. You're turning sixteen, calm down now. When I turned sixteen I sat in my room and watched Netflix.

I tried to make sure she couldn't see me for now.

Yeah, that didn't work.

"OMG!" Yes, she just said omg out loud. "Is that Meredith Skye?" She started walking over to me.

I panicked and hid behind Jack, oh good one Mer.

"Oh, forget her. Who is this handsome guy?" Oh she just makes me wanna strangle myself.

I stood right in front of Jack.

"Oh, hi Vanessa," Though I hated Jack, this had to be done. "This is my boyfriend, Jack. So why don't you just scoot along." I think I just barfed in my mouth a little.

She made a face and me and walked away to go look at decorations or something.

"Oh, I'm your boyfriend now?" He put his hands on my hips and spun me around so I was facing him.

"Oh get off me, I was just saving your ass. That slime bag would have been all over you, and I wasn't prepared to watch that all night. So if you would let me go, I have some things to get ready. Besides. I thought you hated me." I wormed my way out of his arms and went back in the kitchen.

That was weird.

-

After about half an hour, everyone who was invited to the party had arrived.

"Alright everyone, this is a very, very important job for all of you. If you mess up it could cost you. So everyone, good luck." Mr. Gregory said before letting us into the dining room.

I almost vomited at the sight. The colour scheme was, guess.

Pink and black.

I looked at Jack and he had the same look on his face.

"Well, let's go to the queen bee and see if she needs anything." I said and we went over to her table. It was filled with her and her slutbag friends. Most of them wearing the shortest skirts and crop tops. A lot of them popped out their chest once they laid eyes on Jack. Disgusting really, seeing how most of them are fifteen or sixteen. I'm eighteen and I would never, ever do that.

"Hi. I'm Meredith and this is Jack and we'll be your personal servers this evening. So if you need anything, anything at all just call for us. So what can we get started for you?" I said.

"Um, well can we all have peach martinis?" I almost choked on my own spit. Jack too.

"Um, well. First you're not of legal age and two NO YOU CAN NOT!" She just smirked at me.

"My daddy said I can get whatever I want and you have go get it for me. Like you said, if I need anything. You can get it." I almost slapped her.

"Fine. We'll be right back." I grumbled and Jack and I went over to the bar. Then an idea popped into my head.

"Hey, let's pretend we put alcohol in these and watch them act as if they're actually drunk. It'll be hilarious." I starting laughing.

"I like the way you think, princess." He smirked. We started mixing all of their drinks. None of which contained any alcohol. Once those were done we went back to their table, where Vanessa was showing off the very expensive necklace her parents had bought her.

"Alright. Here you go. Peach Martinis for you," I set them down on the table. I tried not to laugh. Same with Jack. "Anything else we can get you?" I decided to try and be the perkiest I could be.

"Um, no we're fine for now. Toodles." She said waving us away. Oh dear god.

Since Jack and I we're her "personal" severs we had no other jobs to do besides wait on her. So we can just hangout in the kitchen until she calls us over.

I took a seat on one of the stools.

"So, now we'll just wait an hour and she'll think she's hella wasted and making a complete fool of herself." I started laughing again because watching someone act as if they're drunk is hilarious.

"I underestimated you princess, you seem like a fun person." IT HAS FEELINGS! Jokes.

"Oh really now? Only took you two weeks. But I think you're gonna have to wait a bit longer in order to obtain my friendship. Beside I thought you hated me." I've decided to distance myself a little because you never know, he could still be a douche for all I know.

"Fair enough," He sat down beside me. Please no sir. "I'm still calling you princess though."

Super dooper.

-

Another hour had past and we served Vanessa and her friends two more rounds of "peach martinis" and now they're walking around thinking they're wasted off their asses.

"Should we tell them, or just keep letting them thinking they're drunk?" I asked leaning against the wall, watching them.

"Naw. Let's leave em." He laughed.

Vanessa spotted us and 'stumbled' over.

"Heyyyy guysss." She 'slurred'.

"Hi, Vanessa. Do you need anything?" I asked. Holding in my laughter.

"Nawwww, I just really need a hugggg." She 'slurred' again and went up to Jack, wrapped her arms around his torso, then proceeded to pinch his butt.

"Woah, woah, woah. Back it up here sister. Hate to break it to you, but you're not actually drunk. You just think you are." Jack peeled her off of him. She stood up straighter than before.

"Oh, well. Um, okay. I'll uh be, over there." She nervously said before walking in the other direction.

Jack and I both died laughing.

Maybe Jack isn't as douchey as I thought he was. He seems like a fun person to hangout with.

Plus, his laugh and smile is to die for. Holy shit.

Stop it Mer, you said it yourself he's a jerk.

I'm not gonna let myself fall for him like that.

He's gonna have to earn my trust.

"Um, I need to go check on something. I'll see you later." I said quickly before going into the kitchen.

How the didily dong did he do that?

Making me hate him one minute, then making me tolerate him the next.

This job is making me crazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

599K 7.7K 31
Elle is a 17 year old youtuber, model and singer. She is The Jack Johnson's sister but she never sees him because he is always at Magcon. She is also...
369K 6.1K 30
COMPLETED Emma was different compared to other 17 year olds. She was only friends with guys..... the Magcon Guys to be exact. Just like anyone else...
259K 5.7K 69
Molly is bullied by 6 guys. They've bullied her for 3 years. She's never ever told anyone not even her sister Steph. One day Molly is asked to join...
281K 4.3K 35
This story is about a girl that happens to be Jack Johnson's little sister. She soon graduates college at age 16 and gets to know Jack Gilinsky a lit...