Kingdom

Od itsakhia

A Kingdom is always known to have a King and a Queen, together ruling. Its people acts as the mirror of the a... Viac

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

10

288 25 13
Od itsakhia

Being silenced is the thing I hated the most, I hate it when I get told to be silent, not to share any of my views due to this, due to that. Why they can't just tell me that I can never share any sentiment unless I am Queen.

The King and Queen of a Kingdom are the only ones accountable to answer whenever there is a meeting on-going between all the royalties, a Princess nor a Prince can not interfere with it, they can only do what they are told to do and that should be respected by everyone.

But how? But how can those few Princesses, I myself included can respect that when they're not even respecting us? Do they expect us to remain silent and calm and not share our opinions when clearly, it is important that we should know how these work as we are next to sit on the throne? They should be bringing us sometimes in the said meetings to brief us, to help us prepare not only having us attend school.

Standing quietly, I watch how they put the crown that has been resting for years until a decision is made, for it to be put on top of the Crown Prince's head.

Today was an important day.

It's the Coronation ceremony of the Crown Prince of the most influential Kingdom in Joseon.

It was 11 days after the wedding, and nine days after my coronation as a Queen of my own Kingdom. And today, as the Queen to his.

"May I present, your King and Queen," we stood next to each other, closely, because we are forced--because I was forced.

Chatters filled the place after the ceremony and almost all the royalties who were invited tried to talk with the King, trying to negotiate with him not only he was known as the most serious Prince in the days before his coronation, but he was also known as the hardest person to woo in the entire country of Goryeo. He's not easy to deceive, let alone backstabbing him. He has people in every land. He does live to his title as the most influential Prince in Goryeo, now King.

But not all royalties see him as their Kingdom's next ally, some see him as a foe. The one who will end their cruel dominion over their land. Their defeater.

Everyone's anticipating how the Prince is going to ask now he is King. Will he change the law? Will he become ruthless like how his image screams the word? What is he going to be like as the King?

Numerous questions run through everyone's minds. But to those who want nothing but to leave the throne empty of the most powerful Kingdom in Goryeo, they want him to fail. They want to watch him fail and give up the crown on his own and flee like a coward.

But as a person, not the Queen, not his Queen, as a person who looks up to his Kingdom, I doubt these people will lose their senses if they see him achieving more than his ancestors, his parents had achieved during their reign.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jihyo unnie asks, I gave him a small smile and a slight nod. "You know you can tell us if you're having problems," Sana smiles at me.

"I'm fine," I replied in a small voice. Carrying these extravagant clothes alone is already making me tired, what more if the event goes on 'till late at night?

Just then, two royalties walked to us, not just any royalties I meant, it was Jihyo unnie's fiancé and his friend, also the King's friend.

Dahyun turned stiff, eyes leaving the two men making their way to us. That's a wrong move, my friend. Your brother is right beside him, you should have controlled your emotions.

"Your Majesty," they bowed at me, I returned the same respect they gave me. "I apologize for interrupting but may I talk to my fiancée? It will not take long," he asks formally. It was too formal. We did speak to each other before but the way he's speaking to me, it's much different.

"You can talk to me normally," I said. "I would disagree, Your Majesty,"

I shook my head, giving the man an assuring smile. "It's fine,"

"I would not want to get beaten by your King, Your Majesty," he says, cracking a smile. "I apologize but it will not change my mind, however, maybe we can talk like that when your King is with us, after all, I would still need his permission despite you giving me it,"

Oh.

So my parents passed this "responsibility" to him? Very funny. I thought I can make decisions on my own now, sucks that I believed my thoughts when I'm aware my mind's only playing tricks on me.

"I see," there was a hint of bitterness in my voice that the two men failed to notice, except my friends. "I'll be back in a few," Jihyo unnie says, her fiancé then thanked me and bowed at me. He eyed his sister before leaving with his fiancèe in his arms.

"What was that?" Nayeon unnie turns to Dahyun. "I have to go back early today," she informs us. "I'm sorry for not telling you earlier, I couldn't find the right timing,"

"And..." Sana looks at the Crown Prince of another influential Kingdom in Goryeo. "I'm taking her home, her brother had asked me a favor to take her sister back home safe and sound," he says.

"Oh..." Nayeon unnie and Sana nods, sharing a look with each other. "You can go, Dahyun-ah, maybe you have something important to do before the day ends," I said.

Dahyun nods at us, bidding goodbye as she follows the Prince who's already a few meters away from us. He had walked away first.

"Do you think something's between them?" Sana asks.

"We don't know, but we all know Dahyun has her eyes on him," Nayeon unnie replies.

Not only us but also Dahyun's brother knows Dahyun's love for that certain Prince. She has been silently loving him for two years now but this girl did nothing but stare at him from afar. She does wishes for him to return the feeling but whenever she thinks of that, she'd stop and return to reality, it was not only her who awaits that Prince, many await.

The event went on until midnight as I expected. Visitors are slowly leaving one by one until the once crowded place became empty just when the clock hits one o'clock.

I silently followed him on our way to our chamber. As much as I want to have a chamber on my own, I can't. I couldn't even protest as he said it himself the night after our wedding. The last time we talked, he only hurt me. 

Nothing happened that night, as much to everyone's dismay I guess but for us? It's normal. It should be normal between us as this would go on for the rest of our lives.

Despite sleeping late, both of us were awoken early as we remembered we have duties, a lot of duties, and responsibilities to do every day.

Sitting across him, we ate breakfast without speaking to each other, nor greeting one another when we locked eyes earlier before we left our chamber.

He finished breakfast early and excused himself as he has things to finish within today. That was the only conversation we shared the whole day. Let me rephrase that, that's the only conversation we shared since we got married. 

While he was busy doing or attending meetings, checking papers, and such, I went to see his people, our people.

"We could not thank you as much as we wanted to!"

"You blessed us!"

"You save us, Your Majesty!"

Upon receiving the news of their worst nightmare, his people begged and cried for him to find a way to prevent their Kingdom from falling. They almost rallied for him to hear their pleas but when the news came out of him and me, being wed, his people were overjoyed. They celebrated. Believing that I'm helping their Prince, now their King saving his Kingdom.

But truthfully speaking, this matter isn't something to be celebrated of. My parents just found a way how to cage me for eternity.

The people offered me a lot of valuable things, I don't know what I'm going to do with these, these are more important to their lives.

"Please, take this, this is the least thing we can do to thank you for helping us," a family offered me two big baskets full of rice.

I did not want this. This makes me feel like I'm taking advantage of their feelings. All of them are willing to give me anything, without knowing the truth. All of them were grateful, I understand but going to this extent? No, I wouldn't let that! I'm sure the King will think the same thing and will ask them to keep these.

Do the right thing, Tzuyu. You have a lot of these, while these people? They strive hard every day to feed their families three times a day. You even eat more than three times a day.

I smiled, gently pushing their hands back. "You need these more than I need them," I said. "I appreciate everyone's thankfulness but I apologize, I would not take any of your things, even the smallest pieces of it," I told everyone, flashing them a gentle smile, bidding them goodbye, I walked in another direction.

I was only with the people for a few hours until I have to go back and do my duties. Now that I am Queen of his Kingdom, my works have increased.

Even though the King and I were in the same place, it's very ironic how we can't see each other, even a glimpse of one another's shadow. His palace is big, I agree but ever wonder why we never crossed paths unless we have dinner, sleep together, and the next morning, have breakfast, and after that, the cycle repeats.

"So..." I glanced at him. "I see you went to visit the people..."

What's with him? Why is he suddenly initiating a conversation? What's gotten into him?

I nodded, confirming. "I heard they were offering you their things, you did not accept any of it,"

What do you think of me? Greedy for power? Excuse me, Your Majesty! I never and will never take advantage of these things! Why would I still crave power when I already have it?

"They need those more than I do," I only said, taking another piece of side dish in my mouth.

"I see you're beginning to impress me,"

Almost. My eyebrow almost shot raised at his next words. Impress? Him? Heck! Is he joking? 'Cause seriously, joking doesn't suit him. Not at all.

"I believe you got your thoughts wrong, Your Majesty, I never tried impressing someone, let alone you," I replied. Don't make me lose my appetite, Your Majesty!

I saw the side of his lips rise. "Oh, so should I send a little rumor that the oh-so-called truest Princess of all is not exactly as I think?" my eyes shot at him.

"Your Majesty, I'd suggest you watch your words," he smirked. "Oh wow, now the Princess is getting brave?" he sneered.

"How can you be brave when you can't even finish your duties on time? Is that what you call being productive?"

What? What the heck is he saying? I finished most of my duties! What does he think of me? A robot? Or like him who's "too productive"?

"I have done most of my duties--"

"Most," he cuts me. "Which is not equivalent to all,"

"Well, I'm sorry, Your Majesty," I sarcastically apologize. "I'm not as productive as you,"

"Starting tomorrow, you should be as productive as me, do you think my people and your people would like it if their Queen is being slothful? Who can't even finish all her duties on time knowing she still has loads of it to do the next day?"

I glared at him, first, he made me question my worth, second, he insulted me, and now, he's making me look like now that I became Queen, I can just roam around the palace doing nothing at all.

Is he serious? Why does he think of me like this? He's not only hurting my pride, and my ego, but he's also hurting my feelings! 

"You can't bring the attitude you have in your Kingdom to mine, we are very much different, Your Majesty, I will not tolerate this behavior," he continued.

"Glad to know you knew we are different," I smirked. "Then why keep comparing me with you?"

"Simply because I don't believe you can be competent as how they told me about you, I can't see you work hard in the first days of you serving as a Queen. Are you really sure you can be a great Queen? I highly doubt your ambition,"

The chair made a noise when I stood up abruptly, having enough of the King's insults. "I only respect you because you are King, but don't expect me to respect you as a normal person because you fail to respect me like that."

He only looked at me with a straight and emotionless face, as if my remarks didn't hurt him like how his hurt me, right through my heart!

"You don't have any idea how much you're hurting me the day my greatest nightmare was announced,"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

81.7K 6.8K 44
[ COMPLETE ] { HISTORIC AU | BOOK 2 } ______________________________________ 'Your Highness' is season 2 of 'The Mute Prince'. So if you are a new re...
1.3M 62.4K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
1.1K 236 19
You grew up in a world of luxury and privilege. Your family, the Primrose's, are known for their successful business ventures and their impeccable re...
174K 5.9K 60
"They can help you rise again. By marrying their heir." Chou Tzuyu is one of the youngest heirs to lead their families' companies in the world. As he...