𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 (on hold...

By HeyHunniBunnies

Reign A young woman travels to France with her Queen and ends up with more than she bargained for. ꧁꧂ In whic... More

Author Note
FC
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
Extra FaceClaim
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
sorry <3

12

3K 77 7
By HeyHunniBunnies

𓃗

Something was wrong with Ophelia.

She loved all of the parties, the balls and everything got to do with French Court. But since last night she had been in a strange mood.

"Look at all the guards. As if Colin would ever willingly return...." Lola said as she looked around.

All of the children were playing a game. The girls had to call Charles name and he had to find Madeleine. But Madeleine was very quiet.

"How is Charles supposed to recognise the voice of his true love if she so quiet?" Kenna asked the ladies, and Francis who had shown up and stood behind Ophelia and Mary.

"Charles!"

Ophelia laughed for the first time that day. "Well she's certainly not quiet now."

Henry and Catherine were walking through the crowd when the French king stopped in front of a beautiful woman and kissed her hand.

"Your Majesty."

"Who is the King talking to?" Kenna asked in...jealousy?

"Anyone he likes since he has no use for the Queen, and his mistress, Diane is away." Greer explained to the brown haired girl.

"How do you find all of this out" the Gold girl shook her head in amazement.

𓃗

Mary turned to look at Ophelia. "Are you alright?" she asked quietly.

"Of course I am" Ophelia lied with a fake smile.

"Do you remember this game?" the Scottish Queen asked Francis.

"Charles!"

"Yes. And she's getting irritated with him" the Dauphin told his possible wife.

"Charles!" Madeleine shouted once again.

"He's not listening. He's distracted by this one and that" Mary defended the girls irritation.

"She's impatient. Like somebody else I know....You always were. Never finished a game...never sat through a story" he told Mary.

Mary turned to look at Francis as he said this and a number of emotions washed over her face.

"What is it?"

Mary shook her head at him. "I wish I could be patient. My situation isn't easy." she told the French man.

"I know that. You must feel misled." Ophelia knew she felt unsafe and misled. She was promised protection and now she's had her life threatens on her first night.

"I feel endangered. The boy who attacked me, Colin; He told Lola he was forced by someone in the castle." Mary explained.

"You mean someone French?" Francis said in disbelief.

Mary nodded her head "Highly placed, with the power to threaten him and order him executed."

"Those orders come from my parent."

That's when Ophelia realised what Mary was getting at. This wasn't going to end well.

"When I spoke to your parents, even your father seemed suspicious." the Scot told the future king.

"And my mother?" Francis asked.

There was a pause. It was very uncomfortable.

"Mary...." Ophelia said in a warning tone. Catherine was already didn't like Mary and didn't want her to marry her son. Accusing her of something as serious as this would not end well.

Francis lowers his voice, "Are you accusing her of something?" he asked, anger seeping into his voice.

When she heard the future kings tone she decided now was a good time to leave. She felt bad for leaving Mary, but she really did not want to get into one of their arguments.

𓃗

"Lia! Lia!"

Ophelia turned to see Charlie running up to her with a big smile.

"What is it little one?" she questioned her brother.

Instead of answering, Charlie latched onto her hand and dragged her to wherever he was taking them.

"Charlie! Slow down" Ophelia rushed out as she almost tripped over her dress.

"We're here" he said with a smile still present on his face.

Ophelia looked up to see where on earth he had taken them.

It was the stables. Of course it was.

Charlie turned to her with a hopeful look. "Can we ride them? Please, please, please" he begged.

The Gold girl feigned an annoyed sigh. "I suppose" she said as she rolled her eyes jokingly.

𓃗

Riding one of the horses made her miss Moon. And her father. Today was the 9 year anniversary of his death.

She remembered the day so clearly but she could hardly remember the man who killed her father. She remembered everything about that day and all of the words he had said to her. Her mothers affair.

"I miss dad" Ophelia told her little brother as they stopped by the lake while the horses grazed the grass.

"I know. I figured that's why you have been sad all day" Charlie replied. He knew what was wrong with his sister. He always did. She always tried to keep her problems to herself but Charlie tried to make it known that he was there for her.

The Golds both looked to the side when they heard other peoples voices. It was Mary and Bash.

"Is that who Mary is going to marry?" Charlie questioned his voice filled with confusion.

Ophelia slightly laughed. As if Mary would marry Bash she like Francis too much, which made her remember how she had yet to tell Mary what happened between herself and Francis.

"Lia. You're in your own head....again" the youngest Gold teased his sister.

"Oh hush you. I'll race you back to the stables" Ophelia challenged as she jumped up and tan towards her horse.

"That's not fair!"

𓃗

After Charlie went back to get ready for bed Ophelia put the horses saddles away. She was the only one in the stables...so she thought.

The door slammed open and Ophelia could feel herself going back to the day her father died.

Without really thinking she pulled a dagger out from under her dress. She quietly crept around the corner and put her dagger up to their throat.

"Woah!" she heard Francis say.

"Francis!" Ophelia said in shock as she removed the dagger.

Francis knew Ophelia could feel unsafe at French Court but he didn't know she felt so unsafe that the girl felt the need to carry around a weapon.

"I-I'm so sorry." the blue eyed girl apologised.

Francis just waved her off, "Are you okay?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that" The Gold girl muttered to herself as she placed her dagger away.

"Well, maybe it's because you haven't been your usual self. Or it could be because you pulled a dagger on me." he finished with a slight laugh.

Ophelia tried to smile but it was a fake and shaky one. Francis could see the tears forming in her eyes.

The dark haired beauty placed her head in her hands and her shoulder started shaking.

The blonde man didn't hesitate to pull her into his arms and whisper nothing but soothing words to her.

As Ophelia broke down the Francis led her towards a bench that was inside the stables.

"I'm sorry about all of....that" the Gold girl said as she sniffled and wiped away her tears.

Francis reached forward and wiped under her eyes and cupped her face. "Don't. Do not apologise for crying, love"

"My....my father died 9 years ago today-" Ophelia started before the future king cut her off.

"You don't have to tell me anything"

"No. I-I want to." she promised.

The blonde just nodded his head and waited for her to continue.

"9 years ago, a few men came to my home looking for my mother. My father woke me up in the middle of the night, packed me a bag and told me we were going to France." Ophelia smiled at her excitement when she was told she was going to France with her family. If only she knew what was to come a few minutes later.

"You we're coming here?" Francis asked with furrowed brows.

"Yes. But before we could leave, men busted down the door to our home. I heard my father say something about an affair with one of the men. He wanted my mother to 'return home where she belonged'. My father told him no and the man drew his sword and stabbed him." she told all of her words with tears streaming down her face.

"H-He never stood a chance."

"I am so sorry, Ophelia. I'm sure he would be proud of you" the Dauphin told her.

"What was his name?" he changed the subject.

"Thomas Gold"

Francis paused. "Thomas Gold? Did he work with horses?"

"He was close with your father." Ophelia told Francis.

𓃗

Ophelia and Francis talked for awhile longer until they both realised they should probably get ready for tonight's party.

"Thank you. For listening to me" Ophelia told him with a smile. She felt much better now than she did this morning.

The future king said nothing as he smiled at her. He leaned forward and placed his lips on hers.

"Francis I-"

"Shh, just enjoy it for now. Please" he told her. He knew this was going to come up eventually, but he just wanted to enjoy his time with her.

"This is going to hurt isn't it?"

𓃗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 749 21
You were my crown. ---- *completed but being edited* OC x Charles x Bash
2.4K 52 12
This story will include bits from the show 'Reign' but most will be made up. The stories will be a bit different so not everyone will be in here. Qu...
36.8K 340 70
My mother Queen Penelope of Bulgaria once told me that if I were to marry someone royal or noble or just not even royal that I should marry for love...
3.7K 42 28
When Queen Alexandria Edvard of England gets a death threat she is shipped off to France to be protected by her cousin Queen Mary and King Francis. ...