The First Light

By AelinAshryver07

" One black coffee." A deep voice said and I snapped my head to the side to see a raven head and as he turned... More

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Winks and mischievous smiles
Chapter 2: Flats butts and Black coffee
Chapter 3: Hogwarts and Hot Pink Heels
Chapter 4: Smooth as Extra Chunky Peanut Butter
Chapter 5 : YOLO and Bar Reds
Chapter 6 : Cute Blue eyed Idiots
Chapter 7: R.I.P to My Cute Ears
Chapter 8 : Who Says No to Free Food?
Chapter 9 : Rise and Shine
Chapter 10 : Pricks and Angel Boys
Chapter 11: Fairies, Faeries and FBI Skills
Chapter 12: Sofishticated Rich Jerks
Aesthetics - 2
Chapter 13: I'm Buddha
Chapter 14 : Energetic Rabbits and Drama Queens
Chapter 15 : It's Not Ice cream!
Chapter 16 : Soup is For Sick People.
Chapter 17 : Red Code
Chapter 18 : Shirtless Guys and Soulmates
Chapter 19 : I'm. Not. A. Midget
Chapter 20 : Date Night
Chapter 21 : Lots of Smooches
Chapter 22 : Forever
Chapter 23 : Koala
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 : Sneaky Bastard
Chapter 26 : Dinner
Chapter 27 : Bad Willow
Chapter 28 : Paris sites!
Chapter 29 : Flynn Ryder
Chapter 30 : Three Words
Chapter 31 : His Girlfriend
Chapter 32 : Those Dimples
Chapter 33 : Mine
Chapter 34 : Revenge is Sweeter
Chapter 36 : Drowned Rats
Chapter 37 : JUMP!
Chapter 38 : Bonfire
Chapter 39 : Holy-
Chapter 40 : Unknown Number
Chapter 41 : Nevertheless
Chapter 42 : New Beginnings
Chapter 43 : Please
Chapter 44 : Hurt
Chapter 45 : Guest
Chapter 46 : Over
Epilogue
More Works
Important Message
Bonus : 1

Chapter 35 : Insecure

6.3K 231 47
By AelinAshryver07

"The hardest step
we all must take
  is to blindly trust
  in who we are."

- Atticus

You know the feeling when you're so happy to go to the beach and then it suddenly starts pouring like cats and dogs the moment step out to leave?

That's how I felt as soon as I saw Isabitch.

Not only had I been woken up quite rudely at the crack of dawn and now I had to bear her too?!

And then Her Majesty turned around and spotted me and I watched as she squinted her eyes, her lips twitching into a very fake smile.

"Grey, who invited her?" She tried to whisper to him, loudly enough that all of us except Az -who went to get our luggage- heard.

"What do you mean, Isa? She's Azrael's girl so she'll obviously be here." He deadpanned.

Ha.

"Ugh, whatever. I can't believe this, you guys do know that this is a friends only trip right? I mean, you don't see me bringing my current bitch and his cronies ." She said loudly, looking pointedly at Ellie and Mel.

Oh no she didn't. And current? Did that mean Az had lots of flings?

Nevertheless I gave her a bright, sarcastic smile, "Isabitch, what a bright ray of sunshine you are in the morning," I chirped.

"Cut the girl some slack, Will. She clearly isn't getting laid enough." Mel said quietly as she leaned against the car and swept her eyes up and down Isabella's form arrogantly. Ellie and the guys  laughed loudly and I too bit my lips to contain my grin as I noticed Isabella's cheeks redden in embarrassment.

Zach was practically drooling, watching Mel with dark eyes. My ship's sailing.

Chase was drooling too. Ew.

"And who the hell are you, sidekick?" She spat, her tone laced with poorly concealed disgust.

"Melantha," she paused and gave her a wolfish grin, "Mikael. It's been a while, hasn't it? The last time I saw you, you were still warming my brother's bed."

Oh. The tea is piping hot.

Isabella turned sickly pale, "You're Kieran Mikael's sister?" She asked. 

Ah, yes. Kieran Mikael, the most popular guy in our high school and two years older then us. It was not surprising to know that Isabitch had slept with him. With his platinum blonde hair and beautiful aqua eyes, the guy was nothing short of a model and now he was pilot.

Yep, their family had good genes. Good looks and brains.

"Unfortunately for you, yes."

I tuned out the rest of the conversation as a large hand wrapped around my stomach and pulled me into a firm chest. I twisted around to meet ocean coloured eyes that looked down at me with so much love. His lips pulled up in a breathtakingly beautiful smile and I smiled back at him.

"You don't see me bringing my current bitch and his cronies ."

My smile faltered a bit as I stared at him, I mean, just look at him. He's bloody gorgeous, clever and so much more so of course girls are going to be falling all over his feet begging for atleast a glance.

And maybe I'm just his current time pass, I know I'm not anything interesting. Sometimes I wonder why he didn't choose one of my friends instead of me, why he didn't choose someone beautiful and poised like Ellie? Someone confident and rakish like Melantha? Why me?

His smile immediately fell and he furrowed his brows as he scanned my face, his eyes glinting with concern. He cradled my face in his large hands and was about to say something when I discreetly stepped away from him and I could have sworn I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes.

I guess no other girl has ever done that.

"So guys how are we going to do this?" Alec clapped his hands, looking around excitedly.

"Well, Elektra said she'll meet us there." Isabella said, seemingly recovered from the effects of pissing Mel off but she looked a bit shaken though. And quiet.

Aww, how sad.

Wait? Elektra? Please don't tell me there's another one like her.

"Okay, then me, Alec and Isa in my SUV." Alex said.

"Wait, Az and I always travel together so I'm going with him!" She exclaimed.

Hell no.

"Uh, Raps and I are going to be taking my car. She didn't eat her breakfast yet so we'll have to stop somewhere so how about you guys go ahead?" He said.

Good.

"But-" before she could protest Grey grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards their car.

"I'm so sorry guys but my car is a two seater so I can take only one of you, tiny woman you're coming with me." Zach said, looking not at all sorry and grabbed Mel by her arm and tucked it tightly to his chest before dragging a scowling but amused Mel.

He even didn't get stabbed for calling her tiny woman. The favouritism, I swear.

"I'm going with the rest of the guys." Chase said sleepily and dragged his feet towards the others.

I turned towards Az to see him already looking at me. He opened the door for me with an unsure little smile and all I wanted to do was grab him by his shirt and kiss the hell out of him.

But I didn't and just gave him a fake smile in return.

His smile faltered again.

I silently got in the car and buckled up, not making eye contact with Azrael as he climbed onto the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Hey, you hungry, love?" He asked gently.

"No."

Not anymore atleast.  I saw his knuckles turning white as he gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"Raps, baby, tell me what's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, Azrael." I replied curtly.

"You never call me Azrael." He mumbled under his breath. I ignored him again. I just want him to let me wallow in self pitying thoughts but he wouldn't even let me sulk.

We both sat there silently for what felt like eternity before Azrael finally snapped. "Look, is this about Isabella coming? If it's that, I swear I had no idea she was going to be here, okay? And I'm sorry. We can turn around and go where ever you want right now. Just please don't fucking ignore me, Raps." He said, looking right into my eyes.

"It's not about Isabella, Azrael." I muttered.

"So you do admit there is something bothering you." He scoffed

"I never denied it." I fired back.

"Look, Raps I love you so damn much and I fucking hate it when you hide anything from me and I swear that I've never hidden anything from you and never will too so please just tell me what's bothering you. And if it's something that I've done, I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything okay? I'm just being stupid right now so please can we just forget this whole thing and I'm tired. I just want to sleep right now." I sighed.

"No, Raps. We're not going to pretend that everything's fine and just continue like you didn't just flinch away from my touch and give me that fake ass smile. And we're not leaving until you tell me what's bothering you." He spat and pulled up.

"Just leave me alone, Azrael." I muttered and stared outside the window.

"Hey, you can take all the time you want. You know what? I think I have some chocolates lying around somewhere here." He said and leaned back to grab a bag and pulled out a couple of chocolate bars from it. He grabbed a protein bar for him and dropped a white chocolate bar on my lap.

I slammed the chocolate on the dash board, "Azrael, either you take me back to the dorm right now or you start the car and we go with the rest." I hissed.

"You're adorable." He winked and kissed the palm of my hand. I snatched my hand away and frowned at him.

"I'm serious." I spat.

"So am I. Want to go grab some breakfast?" He asked.

"Fine. Don't take me seriously, I'm probably just your current bitch anyway." I blurted before I could stop myself.

I want to slap myself.

Azrael stopped chewing and snapped his head to me so fast that I was almost sure that he was going to sprain his neck.

"What?" He asked quietly.

"Nothing, Az. It's fine."

"What did you just call yourself, Raps?" He asked again in that calm tone.

I shook my head and stared put the window and the next thing I know a hand wrapped around my waist and I'm hauled into Azrael's lap.

"Willow. Look at me." He said sternly and cupped the side of my face to meet my eyes.

"Did someone say something to you?" He asked, his eyes dark and menacing.

"It's nothing, Az. Really. I'm just over thinking stuff." I mumbled and fiddled with his sleeve.

"Tell me what's wrong, baby. Did something happen? Tell me, was it Isabella?" He asked sternly.

Knowing he wasn't going to drop it anytime soon, I finally snapped my head to meet his angry eyes.

"Am I just another fling? Just another play thing of yours, Azrael?" I asked softly.

He tensed.

"Who told you that?" He asked silently, his voice laced with wrath.

"It doesn't matter. Answer my question, Azrael."

He sighed. "You're my first ever girlfriend and I swear it but I'm not going to pretend that I was a saint. I've had my share of fun during my teenage days and I occasionally did too after joining med school." He mumbled.

I felt my heart clench at the thought of him with anyone else.

"But don't you for a second think that it meant something to me. They were all just.....fun. A way of letting loose, purely physical. And I promise I've never been with anyone a long time  before I even met and certainly not after the night I saw you. You're not my new bitch or fling, Raps. I love you. So much that my whole world revolves around you and just you. You're the woman I want to marry one day, have all that seven kids with." I laughed softly at that with slightly blurry eyes and his face lit up.

"Just please, trust me." He pleaded desperately, holding both my hands in his. I leaned forward and kissed him softly.

"I love you." I murmured against his lips.

"I love you too, baby. More than anything." He mumbled and hugged me to his chest, lighty kissing my head.

Just then my stomach grumbled.

"Can we go grab some breakfast, please." I said in a small voice as I fisted the end of his tshirt.

"Anything for you, darling." He chuckled and pecked my forehead.

"But on a serious note, I'm not going to push out seven kids, Az." I muttered into his chest.

"But why?! I've always wanted to have a large family with you. Please just think how cute our kids are going to be," he whined.

I laughed and patted his cheek, "You're lucky you're cute."

He snapped his teeth at me, "I know that and I'll just charm you with my cuteness to give me all those seven babies." He grinned.

I doubt that.

_____________________________

Hey guys! 💃💃💃

How are y'all?? I know it's been a while but I had my exams and it got over only yesterday. And Christmas is near!! What are your plans this year?

What do you think about this new knowledge about Azrael? And do you think the way that Willow reacted to Isabella was a bit immature?

What do you think of this little introduction of Kieran Mikael? He has a huge part to play in 'Zephyr'.........😏😏

XxAelinAsh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 89 11
§|Of Poison And Flowers|§ ====================================== "I could kill you and leave your body in an unmarked grave." His voice was steady an...
33.3K 1.9K 55
"To what do I owe this honor?" his voice is trembling with laughter. Jee-buss... he finds this funny... "I saw a butterfly and followed it in here?"...
129K 2.4K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
1M 36.4K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...