AFTER REBIRTH I JUST WANTED T...

By Scottvivian

Li Sinian has been arguing with his younger brother all his life, the family property, the attention of his p... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
NOTE

CHAPTER 4

7.7K 258 9
By Scottvivian

It stands to reason that there should be a separate microwave oven in Li Sinian's office, but because he had never taken meals seriously before, the microwave oven was removed by him, and the free space was replaced with documents.

Now...

Li Sinian looked at the pile of papers on the table, felt it was an eyesore.

Alas, work affects his work.(T/N:I think it should be health)

Li Sinian had to take his lunch to the public microwave oven downstairs to heat up lunch.

It's a meal time now, and many employees are lining up in front of the microwave oven waiting for the hot meal.

Li Sinian didn't like to use privileges to overwhelm others, so he was at the back of the line.

The employees in front are talking about the latest gossip that happened in the company today - the morning meeting.

Of course, the main content of the gossip is still him.

After the workaholic Vice President Li was late for work, he was extremely perfunctory at the meeting, which made President Li almost angry on the spot.

"This is Vice President Li. If we are ordinary employees, I am afraid that it will not be allowed."

"Alas, the rich second generation is good."

"I think Vice President Li is okay, and the most outstanding one is President Li's younger son, he already has 10% of the company’s shares before he graduated from university. That’s really the pride of the world.”

“Actually, I think Vice President Li is quite pitiful. Look at how hard he worked, but listen to secretary Chen. The secretary said that President Li didn't plan to give him any shares."

The employees in front of him were full of enthusiasm. Li Sinian was listening while playing Lianliankan (a sort of game like candy crush)with his head down.

Suddenly, the noise in his ears stopped. Li Sinian noticed, raised his head and found that the person in front of him did not know when he lowered his head. Everyone shut up and played with their mobile phones.

Oh, maybe someone saw him.

Li Sinian didn't care about them, and continued to bow his head.

The line quickly reached him.

Li Sinian put the lunch box in the microwave, and a minute later, with a ding sound, the lunch was ready.

He turned off the microwave, and the aroma of the food instantly diffuses in the rest room.

In fact, food is more or less tasteful, and other people's lunches will also give off fragrance, but Li Sinian's lunch seems to be particularly delicious, and the smell alone can make people hungry.

Several employees close to Li Sinian were fortunate enough to see Li Sinian's rice. The appetite evoked by the smell was magnified several times when they saw the color of the food with their own eyes.

Some people even couldn't hold back, and their stomachs gurgled directly.

Li Sinian looked back at him. The man who made the noise scratched his head embarrassedly and asked, "Vice President Li, is it your nanny that cooked the lunch? It looks so delicious."

"No." Li Sinian replied: "I made it myself."

The man immediately widened his eyes when he heard the words, "You made it yourself?!"

The female employee next to him also came over, "My God, this craftsmanship, I can go to shop."

"Right!" 

"It's so delicious. If Vice President Li goes to open a store, there will be no way for other restaurants."

Li Sinian laughed, "Thank you for the compliment."

He picked up the hot lunch, "Just one lunch break." When he finished he said, "Everyone, go eat, don’t gather here."

"Okay, okay!"

Watching Li Sinian leave, the staff in the pantry breathed a sigh of relief.

"I was scared to death. I didn't notice that Vice President Li was there just now."

"Me too! But there is no danger. I thought Vice President Li would definitely be angry."

"I didn't have much contact with Vice President Li, I thought he is the kind of very fierce, I didn’t expect him to talk so easily."

"No, no, he is very fierce! Especially the topic of President Li’s partiality, he is the most unfavourable. I have seen him because of this before. He fired an intern!"

"Me, too, I have contacted him a few times, and I think he was very hostile."

"Then just..."

"Hiss——I don't know, but he was really gentle just now, and I think his sex changed. "(T/N: became gentle)

Li Sinian returned to the office with a hot lunch. After a good meal, the lunch break was over.

As soon as he received the tableware, Secretary Chen knocked on the door of his office and told him that Li Cheng was waiting for him.

Li Sinian knew that he could not escape, and no longer avoided him, so he went with Secretary Chen.

The one-hour lunch break made Li Cheng seem calmer, but Li Sinian still saw the anger in Li Cheng's eyes.

Li Sinian couldn't help shaking his head.

Oh, really, why do you always make yourself so angry? Being angry hurts the body, he is in old age, he doesn't know to pay attention to health.

Li Cheng looked at Li Sinian from head to toe, not letting go of every inch, the more he looked, the more resentment and anger in his eyes.

After staring at Li Sinian for a long time, he withdrew his gaze and looked on the desk in front of him.

Li Cheng threw the papers on the table at Li Sinian's feet, "I give you a chance to make up, this is a cooperation with Chuanhe Construction, you go to talk with them."

"As soon as possible, give you half a month."

Li Sinian picked up the file, he did not open it to see the specific content. Instead, he tilted his head slightly and asked Li Cheng sincerely: "Chance to make up? Did I do something wrong?"

Visible to the naked eye, Li Cheng's breathing became heavy. The anger is even worse.

"Look at your performance at the meeting today! Do you think I didn't see it? Everyone is in the meeting, what were you doing, you lower your head and play with your phone, isn't this wrong?"

"Oh, and you think about it yourself ,What time did you arrive in the morning? At nine forty, see who is like you?!"

"Ah...Is it wrong?" Li Sinian didn't put Li Cheng's anger in his eyes at all, instead he looked like he didn't need to be like that when he was on the line. He made it up himself.

Li Cheng's breathing rate became faster.

Li Sinian lowered his head and flipped through the folder. The business he negotiated with Chuanhe Construction was the order he was demoted to the countryside in his previous life.

Calculating the time is indeed about the same, it is good, he will continue to follow the wrong path as in his previous life, so that he can immediately get a leisurely slacker life.

Li Cheng finally adjusted his emotions through constant deep breathing, "Li Sinian, didn’t you say that you wanted to live in an old house in the countryside yesterday? I tell you, I will only give you two weeks,If you can’t get the cooperation within two weeks with Chuanhe, I will satisfy your request to go to the countryside. Don’t even think about coming back in your life!”

Li Sinian, who was reading the document, brightened his eyes when he heard the words, suddenly raised his head and looked at him with surprise. He said, "Really? I can go to the countryside after two weeks of negotiating cooperation?"

Li Cheng took a deep breath, closed his eyes, raised his finger to the door, "Get out! Get out of here!"

Li Sinian numbly slipped. He got away with the papers.

Back in the office, Li Sinian opened the file and glanced roughly.

Originally, he wanted to deliberately commit the mistakes he made in his previous life, and then get the right to experience the leisurely slacker life, but Li Cheng said just now that if he could not talk about business with Chuanhe within two weeks, let him go to the country, then. Much simpler.

The former requires him to spend a lot of energy to understand this business that he has forgotten about, and the latter only needs to delay time and let himself go.

And he didn't doubt that Li Cheng was threatening him. No one knew Li Cheng's eccentricity better than him. If this was to Li Wenxing, it might be a threat. To him, he would have done what he said.

Li Sinian couldn't help but feel happy when he thought that he could live a healthy and free rural life right away.

But there is one more point to note.

A leisurely slacker life requires money. Although he himself has a lot of savings, in order to be more comfortable in the future, it is better to fish a little more while he hasn't left Li's house in the next few days.

Thinking about this, Li Sinian asked his assistant to contact Chuanhe Construction and asked him to book the person in charge to the hotel banquet.

In the next few days, he can take the person in charge of Chuanhe Construction to play around, and can dig out a little from the entertainment money.

The assistant's surname is Liu, and her name is Liu Xue. She is a very capable woman.

She has been following Li Sinian for two years, and her love for work is no less than that of Li Sinian. Today, she has not been assigned a job all day, which has caused her to be in a state of panic and fear.

Usually at this time, the vice president arranges a lot of work for her, but she was idle this morning. Could it be that she was about to be fired by the vice president?!

Just when Liu Xue desperately recalled what she had done in the past few days that did not suit Li Sinian's mind, she finally relaxed.

Contact the person in charge to arrange the hotel? It is easy to say that for her, this work is simply child's play, and she can do it in ten minutes!

Liu Xue did a good job and returned to report to Li Sinian. Li Sinian nodded after listening, "Thanks for your hard work, then go and rest."

Then, he continued to pick up Xiaoxiaole(a game) and start playing.

Liu Xue stood in place and for a minute, she did not understand, and could not help but open her mouth to ask: "Vice president Li? what do you want me to do?"

"Ah?"

Liu Xue heard this, it seemed that she had figured out something, and her face became difficult to look.

She just worked a little bit today, and he told her," hard work" when she's done, because he wanted to say that she has worked hard for the past two years. Can he stop using it in the future?

"Vice President Li! Are you going to fire me?" Liu Xue is not a twitchy person. If she has any thoughts, she will definitely ask if it is harmless.

Just after the game was over, Li Sinian raised his head with a confused face, "Huh? No."

Liu Xue looked panicked, "Then why didn't you arrange a job for me and you said it was hard?"

"Uh..." Li Sinian thought for a while, and probably understood Liu Xue's brain circuit.

To Liu Xue, like him in his previous life, work is fate. She didn't know about his rebirth, and naturally she didn't know why his mentality changed overnight. In her opinion, he didn't arrange a job for her suddenly, thinking it was normal to be expelled.

Li Sinian put on a smile and tried to make himself look gentle.

He said: "I don't want to fire you. I really don't have a job to arrange for you. I will definitely ask you to do something, just like just now."

"You have been with me for two years, and you know who I am. Isn't it? If I want to fire you, I will tell you straightforwardly, rather than behave vaguely for you to guess."

If nothing else, Li Sinian doesn't like vague discussion, and Liu Xue understands.

Although she doesn't understand why Li Sinian didn't give her a job today, but listening to him saying that, her hanging heart was relieved.

"Then vice president Li, if it's really okay, I'll go out first."

Li Sinian nodded, "Go, don't work hard, your body is the most important thing, take a rest if you don't have a job."

Liu Xue left, Li Sinian planned a little bit about the people who are from Chuanhe Construction, he immediately went home with a briefcase and an empty lunch box from one to five o'clock.

Got home in early five o'clock, cooked for an hour, and ate at the normal dinner time.

Well, the first day of rebirth, he felt very good.

......................

T/N: please don't forget to vote. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807K 33K 199
Stumbled across a little prompt on Pinterest and saw a lot of comments asking for a fic. Me, trying to recover from Infinity war, will bless everyone...
625K 19.8K 198
Ling Cen, who received the notification of genetic matching in his previous life, was devastated. He was beautiful, his career was rising and he had...
152K 6.1K 72
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โ‡๐Ÿค. โžฝ๐Ÿ’›Going on. โžฝ๐ŸฉตComing up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
83.9K 5.8K 33
"Friends look the other way. Best friends eat the body." -Selim B. The story about an innocent and disturbing friendship between homunculus and human...