Second Choice

By Sweetfozi

It has always been that way, She always came second Second to her parents, Second to her best friend, Second... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Oops
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 11

1.5K 59 6
By Sweetfozi

Eliana's POV

My hands shook a bit from nervousness as I turned the envelope to open it.

The envelope wasn't sealed so I easily opened it taking out the letter and opening it.

I took a deep breath as my eyes landed on the words and started reading.

Dear Eliana,

This is a bit weird since I don't usually write letters and I'm sure you don't receive many either since -duh- emails exist.

I'm just going to get to the point since if I don't I'll just keep procrastinating and not getting to the point and I'm sure you don't want to waste time reading a letter especially one from me.

I just wanted to say- I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I made you feel invisible.

I'm sorry I somehow made you feel that I was perfect and you were less.

I'm sorry I made you think that our parents didn't love you because I took all the attention away.

I'm sorry I haven't been the best sister- probably the worst.

"You're not," I found myself saying involuntarily even though she wasn't here and couldn't hear me before continuing reading.

I know I seem to you as an attention seeker, always trying to make you invisible and making everyone pay attention to me.

As crazy and as messed up as it sounds- I thought I was helping you out.

A few years ago I accidentally heard our parents talk.

They were talking about you.

Something about a phone call with your actual parents and how it's only a few years away from returning you.

It doesn't take an idiot to realize that you weren't my real sister.

So she didn't like me because I wasn't her real sister?

Before you jump into conclusions, no, that didn't make me hate you and want to destroy your life even though that's what it looked like sort of.

First of all, you know how obsessed our parents are with perfection. They love being able to brag to our relatives about their child. You know with perfection comes stress, extensive work and sleepless nights. I thought I was taking a weight off your shoulders.

I didn't want the few years you had with us to be filled with stress and the need to satisfy every wish they had and not enjoying your time with us. Especially since you spent your entire teenage life here.

I also didn't want you to get attached to them. Imagine loving them so much that it breaks you when they get ripped away from you. Especially on your birthday.

I didn't want you to go through that.

My actions say different but my intentions were truly pure.

No matter what you are my little sister and I must protect you because I love you.

I now see how blind and stupid I was because I ended up doing exactly what I didn't want to happen to you and that's make you feel terrible your entire stay.

I'm sorry.

I really will miss you and I hope one day you'll forgive your stupid elder sister.

Love,
Delilah.

I folded the paper, wiping away a tear and putting the letter back in its envelope.

"I already forgave you," I whispered.

I let go of all ill feelings before leaving since I won't be seeing them again.

I know it was unintentional to make me feel like that.

A knock on my door took me out of my trance and I got up to open the door.

Behind the door stood Alexander, still in his ball attire with worry etched on his face.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hi," I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked staring at my face probably noticing the stray tear on my cheek as he asks, "Did you cry?"

"Don't worry about me," I said.

"Of course I'm going to worry about you," he insisted.

"Well you don't need to 'cause I'm fine," I said with a small smile hoping he would just believe me and go.

"If you're fine then why are you crying?" He asked.

"It's nothing. And if you're wondering no it's not because of the ball," I said impatiently at his stubbornness wishing he'd just leave and let me be.

"Then why? What's wrong?" He asked again.

"Please," I started and took a deep breath not to snap because it's not his fault. He's just being his sweet self and worrying about me.

"Please, just let it go," I completed.

He stared at my face for a few seconds and nodded, not questioning me again.

We stayed in silence for a while before he spoke, "Do you want to go for a walk?" He invited out of the blue.

"Umm," I said pondering whether to accept or decline his invitation.

I should be avoiding him after all.

"Come on. Promise I won't ask anymore questions you don't want to answer," he promised lifting his hand, "Scout's honor."

"On what planet was a prince like you a scout?" I asked jokingly.

"Okay maybe a prince like me just watches too many movies but seriously come on," he said giving me a puppy dog face.

"Okay, fine," I finally said sighing jokingly in annoyance.

"Shall I change or?" I asked gesturing at my gown.

"Nope, you look fine. Come on," he led me out of my room and to the garden.

We walked out the gates and into the royal garden. It was quite windy, the wind pushing my hair back and lightly caressing my face.

"So, any reason you wanted to go for a walk?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to cheer you up. Can't let a pretty girl have a frown on her face can we?" He joked smiling at me.

"I guess not," I replied smiling at him.

"There's the smile!" He exclaimed jokingly.

"So, what do you do for fun around here?" I asked.

"Well, I could watch movies in the built-in theatre or swim in our swimming pool," he said.

"You didn't show me the swimming pool," I pointed out.

"Oh, I guess I forgot when mom called both of us to meet Melissa. It's to the right of the castle. Come I'll take you," he said taking my hand gently and pulling me like a kid trying to take his mommy to show her a toy.

Thank god he was staring forward so he wouldn't see my probably pink cheeks from him holding my hand.

Soon we stopped in front of a large pool with their family crest at the bottom.

"Up for a midnight swim?" He asked.

"I'm not exactly appropriately dressed for it," I commented.

"Not a problem. I'm not either," he said.

"Yeah but you're a guy," I replied.

"And?" He asked.

"Well it's easier for you as a guy to just take off your shirt and jump in. I jump in like this and my gown becomes see through. Also you're wearing formal clothes they'll get ruined and the queen will get angry," I explained.

"Then I'll go get some swimming trunks for both of us and a shirt for you. Would that be better?" He asked.

"You really want to swim that badly?" I asked back.

"No, I just want to cheer you up that badly," he said grinning at me before turning a jogging away back to the castle.

The minute he left I tried to calm my heart down.

Why does he have to be so nice?

Why can't he just be a douche?

Stupid charming prince getting my heart beating faster.

It's just beating because he's being nice to me.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes.

That's it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Hey beautiful kittens!!!

How are you all? Did u miss me?

So yay I updated though it is a pretty short filler sorry. I just havent updated for a while so I wanted to give you guys something.

You see i'm doing my mocks right now and so far the hardest three sciences I didn't do yet so pray for me to get good grades. My mocks end by next week so maybe I'll update then hopefully :)

QOTC!!!!
Today it will be multiple 'would you rather' questions!
1) Would you rather sneeze mayo or sweat mustard?
I would sneeze mayo since i dont sneeze that much.
2) Would you rather have fingers for toes or toes for fingers?
I'd say fingers for toes cuz people dont exactly see my feet that much.
3) Would you rather be in the hunger games world and get your name picked for the hunger games or be in the divergent world and be wanted dead for being divergent?
I'm not really sure maybe divergent cuz i dont know if I'll survive the hunger games. Maybe kill people with my cheesy jokes or burn them with my hotness *badum tiss*
4) Would you rather a wizard like harry or a demi god like percy?
I'd say demi god cuz then i get to go to camp half blood where percy is and Logan Lerman plays percy and nuff said xD

Well hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!

Please vote, comment and share!

WUV YOU GUYS!!!! ~ Fawzia <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 37 30
Life was becoming to routined for a rebel like me. Who knew that a one night stand could change my life so dramatically? Now I have a new friend...
373 0 62
In her last year of college about to graduate and move on with her life when an unexpected visitor comes back into her life and she finally gets told...
185K 3.5K 41
the title says it all. all these imagines are written by me, hope you enjoy. ethebratt2017
765 2 24
When she is bullied alone no one there for her. She meets someone a guy. Will it change her, her life? Will she fall in love, will she not? Read to f...