Evanescent

Par essential_snow28

Isabelle Gilmore Hayden is a brilliantly talented woman, that's has overcome any family struggles to get wher... Plus

Cast
Personal ID
A Hard Days Night
zooming through season one
Addison
Trains
The Happy Couple
Lets toast to Life
Where are you Christmas?
Sutures
The end of the world
Markie
A string of Chaos
Promises are a joke
Melodious
Nancy Pants
A whisper to a Scream
The Numbness of Searing Pain
Stone Cold
Time After Time
We almost had it all...
A Change is Gonna Come
Heart of The matter
Crash into me
Hello Huntzberger
Freedom
Dream a Little Dream Of Me
Mom?
It must help that I'm so... hot
Wish you were here/Stairway to Heaven

Friend

1.2K 14 0
Par essential_snow28

After I went to the charity Gala, I went home with some dude named Mat, and the next morning Izzie texts me that Christina is in surgery. The only clothing I had with me was the gala dress, so that's what I decided o wear to the hospital.

I enter the hospital and quickly head to find Izzie.

I see Izzie, " Izzie, how Is she is she okay?!"

Izzie," oh you got here on time, wow, what are you wearing?"

I look at her and repeat myself," Is she okay?"

Izzie," Yeah um she lost her baby though, she was lucky she was here so we could catch it otherwise she might of been in danger. Did u know she was pregnant?"

I take a breath of relief," Yeah, she mentioned it before I left."

We start to walk towards her room.

Izzie looks at me," So what are you rich?"

I say," excuse me?"

Izzie says," well the dress and jewelry."

I take a breath," My grandparents are rich, and my mom dumped me on them separating me form my twin sister so hence I became rich. Got it."

Izzie takes a second to process and then says," Got it."

I feel guilty and pause as we outside Christinas door," Im sorry, just that was harsh."

Izzie," your good, but I want to know more about your life later. Got it?"

I look at her  chuckle and say," Got it."

Izzie says," well here she is."

I enter the room and see Bailey sitting next to her.

" Oh sorry, I just wanted to see if she was okay." I say.

Bailey, " Nice two days off?"

I move and sit down on other side of Christina," um fine, Im sorry I took an extra day off then originally planned  I just needed a second to breath and see family."

Bailey," don't explain to me. I'm not your keeper."

I take breath and look at Christian," has she woken?"

Bailey," I talked to her a bit ago, she went back to sleep which is fine she needs rest."

I stare at Christina when I hear Bailey say," I watched you work these two months, and your good. You have good bedside manners, aren't a whiny fool, and usually know your left to right. So don't get whatever bullshit happening get in your tiny head, and mess you up. understand?"

I nod and smile before sneaking out of the room.

Later that night as I am walking out of the hospital I run into Derek.

I look at him and say," What happened? why did u move all the way out here away from Addie? Because I think I have the right to know, maybe I don't but please tell me."

Derek sighs," I know I was wrong to how I handled the situation with you, I should have told you. Your my little sis, and I love you, but Addi she um she had an Affair. She slept with Mark."

I take a deep breath," She did what?"

Derek," I came home one night and I caught her in bed with him, and I left and moved here."

My eyes water," Are you okay? and are things over with you two?"

Derek comes up and hugs me," I don't know."

Isabelle,"Would you hate me if I still talked to Addison?"

Derek shakes his head no.

Derek," I'm heading to Joes, you coming?"

We walk over.

When I enter I see Izzie, George, and Meredith all sitting together but I avoid them and sit at the bar counter as Derek sits by bailey.

Alex comes and sits next to me.

Alex," you good."

I look towards him and wipe the tear from my cheek," uh yah you?"

Alex," Im not the one crying in a bar."

Isabelle," Addison cheated on Derek."

Alex," okay yeah I knew that."

I say," What if they get a divorce, it would be like not my parents splitting, but like similar. They are my role models."

Alex," okay so we are sharing feelings now."

I put my hands on my head," Addison is my sister and I love her, and Derek is my older brother. They were always the stress-free part of my life, the normal stable part."

Alex looks around," Okay I think you are a fine person, but I don't really want people to associate crying with me, so lets get out of here huh. Plus I don't think you want others to see you drunk cry."

I look around before agreeing and I get in Alex car.

As we enter his apartment I say," Hmm, its cleaner than I expected. Bout as dirty as my sisters house was when they weren't expecting guests."

Alex looks at me," your sisters house, why not your house."

I laugh," oh no, you invited me over to your house now you get to hear my life story.

Alex," Im jumping for joy, over your problems that your unbiological siblings may be splitting up. Do you know that some of us have bigger problems."

I throw a couch pillow at him.

Alex says," Hey what was that for."

I say,"I know I have bigger issues."

Alex looks at me," You came to work today in thousand dollar dress, and jewelry."

I laugh," Money does not equal happiness. My mom grew up rich in society and she hated it, and she hated my grandparents. Then at 16 she gave birth to me and my twin sister."

Alex sits down on the other side of the couch.

I continue," it was difficult, my mom left home when we were one, and we ended up living in a shed behind an inn, that she ended up working at as a maid. For years this was our reality, but she kept getting promoted, at 5 years old we shared a one-bedroom apartment and saved money until we were 10 and we bought a house. It was not fancy and probably looked like it was gonna fall apart from the outside, but it was ours and we made it a home. I shared a room with my sister Rory, and it was great."

Alex shows some sympathy in his eyes," Im sorry."

I look at him," oh i have not gotten to the worst part yet. When we moved into the house, that is when my mom started drifting from me, she paid more attention to my sister, and I felt left out. I was ahead a year in school, I danced, sang, played instruments, and I played soccer. When I was 12 i was starting 8th grade, but I had secretly applied to Kingswood Oxford private school, it had amazing performing arts programs, and education. I got in, and when I showed my mom she said we could not afford it. A week later, she told me I was going to go live with my grandparents, and that i could be with Rory and her during the summer. "

I take a breath," i was heartbroken, and we drifted to the point where I would only stay with them for a month. My mom managed the inn at this point, and I was 15 almost 16. My mom came over to my grandparents one day and asked for money so Rory could go to CHilton a prestigious private school, more prestigious than mine in terms of cost. She did not ask if they could just take Rory, no she asked for money. My grandparents easily accepted at the request that they came over for Friday for dinner. So my mom put in the effort to keep Rory, but shipped me off when I got to difficult. It just sucked. She never apologized. I mended my relationship with Rory, I loved my grandparents, and my father visited like once a month. He was less relevant in our lives, but he was more relevant than my mom. In the summers I would spend like a month with Derek and Addi, they were my family."

I say," so that's the basis of my life, and umm yeah the reason I truly upset about addi and derek is they were stable in my life of chaos. your turn."

Alex takes a deep breath," that was a lot, Your mom sounds like a bitch."

I laugh and wipe some tears form my eyes," yeah now its your turn to share."

Alex," um why?"

i say," In the beginning you said some people have bigger problems to share."

Alex looks at me carefully," not a soul can know anything I say here."

I say," Hey I don't want my business all over the hospital, none of them even know that I am 23."

He looks surprised but says," my dad is a druggie, who left when I was a kid to do whatever it was he did. My mom is schizoprhenic so she was not much help, and it was a pain in the ass to get her to take her meds, so I basically took care of my two younger siblings in our junk of a house in Iowa."

I look at him and sad smile, I move over and hug him seeing he has emotional walls up.

He says," What are you doing?"

I laugh," Just give in to it."

He hugs me back and I end up spending the night on his couch, and we talk more about our lives, including his crush on Izzie. I tell him to go for it, and ask her out.
——————————/—

I wake up the next morning and My face is on the edge of the couch, and the blanket is on the floor.

Alex walks in dressed in running gear.

" Your going for a run, we have to get to work soon." I say with a yawn.

" Yup, but Im running to work, so either come with me, or find a ride elsewhere." He says.

I sigh and say," ill come with, but I don't have any clothes."

He opens a  closet and throws me a women running outfit.

" Gross, I so don't need to be wearing some one night stands leftovers." I say.

" Chill, they were washed." He says with a laugh.

I groan and get changed.

" Ah see it fits, now lets go." He throws me a banana and we walk out of the building.

As we are running we have conversations some more, pretty basic stuff none of the goopy stuff though like from last night. We talked politics, movies, foods, places, and such. Alex first seemed like a real ass, but to be honest I felt so comfortable talking and hanging out with him, that now I consider him a friend. A close one, especially since he knows more about me than anyone else. i was also impressed on his stamina to talk and run at the same time. I knew I would be fine since I am a dancer, and athlete. So he obviously is fit.

We arrive at the hospital and head inside to the locker room, I freshen up and get dressed into scrubs, before we head to rounds.

Bailey: I want everyone focused today. With Cristina out, we're short an intern and I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those days. And Karev, see the chief by the end of the day.

Alex: What for?

Bailey: Do I look psychic to you? He is the chief. He asked. You go.

Alex looks back at me and I shrug my shoulders

I then hear

Meredith (whispers to George): What did he do now?

George: Maybe he gave the chief syphilis.

We enter Patient's room who is over crowded with interns, doctors and nurses listening to her tell a story.

Woman: So we're in the middle of the Belizian jungle and this jaguarondi jumps out and bites one of the guides.

Woman: They all look at me. They're yelling, "You're a doctor, help him!" This is one time a PhD does no good.

Bailey: I'm sorry, did I miss the bell for social hour?

(Everybody starts to leave except our group, Bailey's group)

Woman: Tales of missionary life.

Izzie: You're a missionary?

Woman: No, my parents. We traveled a lot. They still do.

Izzie: Oh wow. This stuff looks great. (She is looking at some artifacts. She then sees Dr. Bailey looking annoyed.)

Izzie: Um, this is Dr. Burke's patient, (pronounces name very American) Kalpana Vera...

Kalpana: "Kull-punnah." Named by villagers in Nepal.

Izzie: Uh, she presents with a multiple syncopal episodes and ventricular arrhythmias.

Bailey: So you've been passing out?

Kalpana: Yeah and having palpitations.

Izzie: Past medical history of rheumatic heart disease with mitral valve stenosis.

Kalpana: They had to ship me from Zambia to the States for 3 months of treatment when I was 8. Rheumatic fever almost killed me.

Bailey (to Izzie): Dr. Stevens. What are the primary causes of ventricular arrhythmias?

(Izzie moves to speak but is interrupted by Cristina who has come to the doorway in her hospital gown with her IV stand)

I look at her with wide eyes

Cristina: Valvular disease, mitral valve prolapse, stimulants, drugs, and metabolic abnormalities. (She looks pleased with herself. Everyone else looks exasperated or amused)

Cristina: What?

Bailey: Out!

Cristina: I'm fine.

Bailey: Out! You better be in your room by the time we round on you.

Cristina: And when will that be?

Bailey: In 15 seconds. 14. 13. 12. 11.

(Cristina starts walking away, but you can see her underwear through the slip at the back of the gown. George,I, Izzie & Meredith laugh. Dr. Bailey turns away.)

Alex: Nice panties, Yang. (Cristina closes the back of the gown so nothing shows and turns back to Alex.)

Cristina: In your dreams, Evil Spawn.

We enter Cristina's Room. We are now doing her charts for rounds. She is lying in bed. Her mother Helen is also there sitting on a couch, doing some sewing beside a window

Meredith: Cristina Yang. Post-op day 3 from a unilateral salpingectomy.

Cristina: And ready to get back to work.

Helen: Is she?

Cristina: I'm taking solids and my pain is controlled with oral meds. I'm ready.

Helen: Didn't the nurse say this morning you had a fever?

Cristina: Mother.

Bailey: Cristina, did you have a fever?

Cristina: Temp spiked to 101 last night. Big deal.

George: She worked 2 shifts last month with a 102 degree flu.

Cristina: Yes. Exactly, George. Thank you.

Bailey: And we appreciate your dedication but you're staying in bed until it normalizes.

Helen: I keep telling her there's more to life than surgery and career.

Cristina: Mother, go upholster something.

Bailey: Look, I need you to relax, shut up and get better. You're a patient this week so you can be a doctor next week. Understand?

I give her a small smile as we walk out of the room

We enter Ellis Grey's room, alex has informed me of what happened that day. Ellis is lying in a pink robe in bed

Bailey: Ok, Dr. O'Malley, you're presenting.

George: Ok, Dr. Grey is post-op day 3 from a tumor resection.

Ellis: Wrong, wrong, wrong. He's got it all wrong.

George: She's...

Ellis: It's not asthma, it's GERD. He needs a Nissen fundoplication. I don't want her in the room.

Meredith: Mom!

Ellis: She's a child and I won't have her on my team.

Bailey: We'll meet you outside, Dr. Grey.

Dr. Bailey & Meredith and I enter a patients room. He is in there reading a book

Bailey: I thought I told you I never want to see you again.

Man: That's only cause you're too lazy to learn anything more.

Bailey (huffs): Dr. Meredith Grey and Dr.Isabelle Hayden Gilmore, this is Jeremiah Tate. He thinks he knows so much cause he was one of my first patient's as an intern.

Jeremiah: I knew as much as she did. She was clueless about how to treat cystic fibrosis. A simple cholecystectomy turned into a month-long stay.

Bailey: Better not be alleging malpractice. Guy raises about a 100 grand a year for cystic fibrosis, running triathlons. Thinks he's a big shot.

I give him an impressed look

Meredith: You run triathlons?

Jeremiah: Why not?

Isabelle: Thats impressive, I have only ran two triathalons and that was difficult.

Bailey: Pain for one. Says here you're finally admitting to feeling a little?

Jeremiah: A little.

Bailey: How little? Truth.

Jeremiah: Oh, enough to keep me awake at night. Had some seizures. Um...too weak to work out.

Bailey: Anyone been through here with your CT results?

Jeremiah: No. It's probably just my pancreatitis kicking up again.

Bailey: All right then. We'll be back. With your results and a plan. (She walks to the door) Huh, where do your parents think you are this time?

Jeremiah (he smiles): Hmm. New Jersey.

(Dr. Bailey smiles back and leaves the room. We follow)

Meredith: What about his parents?

Bailey: No, he doesn't like to bother them until he's well or about to get discharged. He understands his reality. He just chooses to ignore it. Denial works for him, Grey.

Isabelle: Hmm, I understand that. 

Later we are in the radiology viewing room along with Meredith and Dr. Bailey and we are looking over Jeremiah's x-rays put up on an x-ray board

Isabelle: Jeremiah's got a mass in his midepigastrium. Diffused enlargement of the pancreas. That, with his hypoglycemic seizures ...

Bailey: He's going to need an exploratory laparotomy. But, despite his triathlons, his lungs still make me hesitant to cut.

Meredith: What are we going to do?

Bailey: I don't know that yet.

Addison walks into the room and up to the x-rays

Addison: Doctors.

Bailey: Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd.

Addison: How old is he?

Bailey: He's 26.

Meredith is looking annoyed that Addison is still her

Addison: Survivor, huh?

Bailey: And them some. My patient for at least 5 years. I'm not gonna lose him now.

Addison: You planning a laparotomy?

Bailey: Yeah, but his lungs.

Addison: Hmm. You know, I think I could help you with this. I've seen one case like this before in a 9 year old. We ended up having to do a total pancreotectomy.

Bailey: I'd be honored to take any help you can give me.

Meredith: You're a neonatal specialist. What ... uh ... this isn't your area. (Dr. Bailey looks annoyed. She shakes her head at Meredith) I'm just saying that...

I am looking at the scans and without thinking I blurt out and say,"She did 2 years genetic research in cystic fibrosis."

Bailey looks confused that I know that, Addi looks at me and then at Meredith and says,"I've pretty much seen it all, Dr. Grey."

Meredith: Oh.

I am walking down the hospital corridor when I stumble upon Meredith and Christina

Meredith: You seem awfully interested in Burke's patient.

Cristina: This has nothing to do with Burke.

Meredith: Cristina you lost a fallopian tube, a baby and a boyfriend all in one day. You have the right to be upset.

Cristina: And you're losing Mc Dreamy to his perfect wife. You have a right to be jealous.

I sit next to them," Hey."

Meredith: I did not lose Mc Dreamy. Divorce papers, remember? And I'm not jealous.

I take a deep breath, at the divorce papers

Cristina: And I'm not upset.

Meredith: You really should be in your room.

Cristina: Ok, if the situation was reversed, would you wanna spend time with your mother in a confined room with one window?

Isabelle: Oh god, I wouldn't. I am pretty sure my mother hates me.

Meredith: Do you think we're like them? Our mothers? (Cristina gives her a look)

Isabelle: I certainly am the hell not...Hey mer...Im sorry

Meredith:its fine, so what they are like your siblings?

I nod

Meredith," I cant judge you for that, I kept secrets about my family. Just I want to be able to rant about them and if I need to it might be you, because you guys are my friends.

Isabelle: of course, just understand that I will always love them both.

She nods, and we smile at eachother

Later we back in Jeremiah's room where Dr. Bailey, Addison, Meredith, and I are explaining the surgery to Jeremiah

Addison: We won't know for sure until we go in there, but it looks like that I'm going to have to take out your pancreas and re-route your intestines.

Jeremiah (to Dr. Bailey): Did you tell her that my lungs don't do well with anesthesia?

Bailey: Don't I always have your back?

Addison: Your kidney function is decreasing rapidly and I'm afraid you're gonna go into multi-system organ failure if we don't operate.

Jeremiah: If I say no?

Bailey: There's no guarantees, Jeremiah. You know that. It's gonna be a long, hard surgery and put a lot of stress on your body.

Jeremiah (smiles): Yeah, but I'm me.

I smile

Bailey (smiles back): But you're you.

Jeremiah: So if we don't operate, I die. And if ... we do operate, I may die.

Addison: Basically, yes.

Jeremiah: Well, I like those odds. And 26 years with this disease is awesome. And that's the reality. So if I get lucky ... great. And if I don't ... (he looks at Dr. Bailey and takes her hand in his) it's been sweet.

Bailey: It's gonna stay sweet. (She throws his hand back, he shrugs smiling)

I giggle. They walk out and I stay in the room to get some mandatory tests.

Jeremiah: so you ran some triathalons

Isabelle: yup, I ran two and then I have done some other charity runs.

Jeremiah: Impressive

Isabelle: God, not as impressive as you, I don't think I could do as many triathalons as you

Jeremiah: Yeah, well they make me feel alive. So where did you get the endurance to run

Isabelle: well Soccer before college, but I also majored in dance so that was needing endurance. I would do the runs with my friend Natalie, and her well now fiance Connor who was also my dance partner.

Jeremiah: Hmm, dancing and a doctor. Strange combo.

I laugh and say," i could say the same to you.

Later after the surgery, which the end result was Jeremiahs death. i felt bad for Dr.Bailey, and I was sad he was a good guy, I ran into Addie.

" Hey, I am sorry that I did not tell you sooner about Derek, but you also lied to me so I guess I should not be apologizing cuz your lie was much worse. How could you do that? How could you sleep with Mark?"I say in one breath.

Addi looks at me guiltily," Im sorry for not telling you, I know i Should have. The reason I did it was because I was lonely. Derek was becoming more distant, and working constantly. We would make plans with friends, and he would not show. It continued to the point where I got used to it, and occasionally Derek would send Mark. I knew that Mark was getting feelings for me, and I pushed it off and ignored it for a while. But one night Derek was late again, and Mark was there and I just wanted someone who wanted me. So I slept with him, and Derek caught us. I feel horrible about it, oh god. i am so sorry Isabelle."

I just go up and hug her," I forgive you, both of u. God I missed you guys so much."

Addison," I did as well."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

378K 7.6K 30
Sierra Gilmore: Twin Sister of Rory, Daughter of Lorelai, Girlfriend of Logan and Member of the Life and Death Brigade. With dreams to be an actress...
116K 9.2K 49
(Complete) When Tim Burke meets Julie at a party, she isn't impressed. When they see each other again, Julie decides to give him a chance. As Julie...
358K 5.5K 86
𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 || 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 in which grace donahue, a surgical resident who moves to seattle, falls in love with a certa...
32.7K 888 14
The Adamson twins-Reed and Charlotte-were inseparable. Some joked they were attached at the hip. Reed was Charlotte's protector. She was there for he...