Hidden Lavender

By MiaLAnemone

Lorelei Everly is the human equivalent to a faerie; a beautiful girl hidden deep within the woods, isolated f... More

Chapter 1 | Lorelei
Chapter 2 | Phillip
Chapter 3 | Alone
Chapter 4 | Lonely
Chapter 5 | Suspicion
Chapter 6 | Comfort
Chapter 7 | Nonsense
Chapter 8 | Cheesecake
Chapter 9 | Steps
Chapter 10 | Intrigue
Chapter 11 | Past
Chapter 12 | Memories
Chapter 13 | Attraction
Chapter 14 | Epiphany
Chapter 15 | Admit
Chapter 16 | Sacrifice
Chapter 17 | Invitations
Chapter 18 | Visit
Chapter 19 | Evidence
Chapter 20 | Anticipation
Chapter 21 | Masquerade
Chapter 22 | Announcement
Chapter 23 | Gone
Chapter 24 | Forever
Chapter 26| New Beginning
Chapter 27 | Bliss

Chapter 25 | Candles

3.3K 136 1
By MiaLAnemone

The hallways throughout the palace were silent, no creak or faint chatter echoed through the space. One could think it was abandoned even as the windows seemed invisible and the floors shined.

The maids and butlers seemed occupied at the royal garden or more specifically, the green house. Scrambling around outside as Cecily holds a leather bound journal in her hand with a pencil. Directing the help on what to get and where to place it.

"Yes there- A little bit to the left. No, that's too much. There. Perfect." She called out to two butlers who were placing down the oval shaped table. She repeatedly glanced at her to-do list every once and a while.

Cecily wanted this to go perfectly for Phillip and Lorelei. However, she still needs to come up with an excuse to invite Lori to the palace without raising any suspicion.

She continued to instruct the maids on where to place the dinnerware and the lavender vase in the center of the table, giving a beautiful aroma to the naturalesque glass garden.

On the side was Luca, standing still while he watched her interactions and the commotion that was occurring. Hastings was sitting on a chair next to Luca with a drink in his hand as if he was envisioning himself alone on a picturesque beach. Then Phillip, who looked so stressed that he should take a vacation to that exact beach.

Hastings had his eyes closed and voiced, "Phillip come, sit with me."

Phillip continued to pace back and forth while his arms were tightly crossed together from his surging stress. The complete opposite of Hastings. Although he wouldn't admit it, Ambrose's heart was palpitating just as fast as the prince's.

"And do nothing? This is my proposal but Cecily insists that she lays out the scene as she referred to it. There must be something for me to do."

Luca spoke, "That 'something' you should be doing is preparing yourself for tonight. How you propose is just as important as where you propose. She must believe that you will devote yourself to her for eternity. Even if society forces the notion of supposed 'superiority' amongst men, it is really the women who could make us kneel before them. Showcase how much love you possess for her."

Hastings and Phillip stare at Luca with widened eyes. They never considered Sir Luca to be a hopeless romantic of the sorts. According to Cecily, romantic men from her kingdom are a rarity, was she aware of Luca's amorous side? When speaking of the rarity, was she referencing him? As these questions festered in their minds, they could not believe that they still had little to no clue of their feelings of adoration for each other. If only he could utilize his advice for himself.

"Luca! Could you assist me!" Cecily called, interrupting the men's stupor and allowing them to correct their dropped jaws.

He called back a yes and faced back to the two friends, "Remember, prepare. You have an important job. Do not screw it up for your sake for my sake. I will become a victim of Cecily's complaining." he gave Phillip a pat for reassurance.

Without waiting for a reply, he walked to Cecily and awaited his instructions. All with a slight woeful smirk on his face.

*****

"Okay, I shall go and invite Lorelei for a private dinner at the palace with the guise of gossip. While I get her, you boys shall get in your places. Hastings, you are in charge of the music. Make sure you are out of sight if you catch a wisp of your hair in sight, so help me I shall strangle you."

She then pointed towards the prince, "Phillip, stand by the chair where she will be seated and once she arrives try your best to be presentable and pull the chair out for her. Luca...Just be your handsome self."

Ambrose stomped and lifted his hand up to a stern salute. Not bothering to hide the smirk.

As Cecily left on horseback to bring Lorelei, Phillip was apprehensive. He would never second guess himself with this decision. He knew that without a doubt he wished to be with her for his entire lifetime. He will vow himself to keep her safe and loved.

However, He was unsure if Lorelei felt the same. Even though Lori had shown great interest in him and does indeed have feelings for him. Marriage is a large step in someone's life and she may not want to enter that stage in life just yet. He would respect her decision but he would be utterly devastated.

His mind was imagining every scenario possible, mainly the worst types.

Luca hesitantly headed towards the fidgety and frantic Phillip since Hastings was too busy planning with the pianist. Otherwise, he would just stand by while Ambrose attempted to make light of the situation. He noticed that Hastings was the peacemaker of the group and that he did it immaculately.

"Prin- Phillip, are you alright? I mean you clearly are not but..." He couldn't look the prince in the eyes.

"She is coming, Luca. This is actually happening. What if I mess up my words or I trip or I say something wrong or-"

"Phillip, Trust me. I barely know you yet I can say that without a doubt, you will do well. She will say yes I am sure of that."

He lifted one eyebrow in confusion, indicating a need for further explanation.

"I see the way her gaze changes from the others to you, how her body language alters to match yours. She is utterly in love with you. Have faith in yourself." He patted his shoulder. "You will become her fiancee by the end of the night, I am sure of it."

He then left a slightly less stressed prince as he walked to Hastings to make sure the plans from Cecily would go accordingly.

With not a minute more of any last minute stress preparations or self talks, a royal guard entered the indoor garden and announced the arrival of Princess Cecily and Lady Lorelei at the palace entrance.

Hastings was sent into a frenzy as he flailed his arms around instructing the musician to leave the area and hide. Sending a thumbs up to Phillip before hiding with the others in a designated area. Behind a tall bush.

"Cecily, where are we going?" Lorelei's voice could be heard, sotto voce.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, love, you will soon see."

And with that the glass doors creaked softly, implying the arrival of Lorelei and Cecily. Phillip's body tensed and was filled with trepidation. He straightened his vest and cleared his throat discreetly.

Then, Lorelei came into view. Cecily stuck away and was now hiding with Hastings.

"Phillip? What is this?"

He lifted his hand, gesturing for her to take it. "Come my love, will you accompany me to dinner?"

She let out a slight snort and placed her hand in his, allowing him to guide her to the seat. Pushing it in for her before returning to his.

From the torso-up he seemed calm, collected and confident. However, the bounce of his right leg under the table told a completely different story. Until he noticed a glistening shine coming from the front of her casual corset.

"Is that the brooch I gave you?"

She looked to where his gaze was, "why yes, it is quite lovely." She admired it's rich sheen with a genuine smile on her face as Phillip became flustered.

"And the subject wearing the brooch is absolutely stunning..."

Lorelei quickly lifted her head up with eyes marginally widened. Now it was her turn to become flustered.

Compliments from Phillip weren't a rarity but they certainly weren't considered a daily ritual of some sort. He just stated it when it felt necessary or fitting. It never failed to catch Lori off guard.

"Are we celebrating something I perhaps forgot about?" She inquired.

"I simply wished to see you again my dear. Is that not allowed?" He teased her, resting the side of his jaw on top of the palm. Smirking at her usual shyness. He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy seeing it from time to time.

"...It is allowed..." She fiddled with her nails, avoiding his powerful gaze.

"Splendid, shall we begin?" She simply nodded in agreement. Not trusting herself to voice it out clearly.

Once she agreed, Phillip called for a butler who arrived with a golden trolley of sorts that contained their meal concealed by a cloche. Even covered, the aroma was drool-worthy.

"Thank you, Sir Carillo."

"It is my pleasure, your highness," He shifted his bow to Lorelei, "To you as well, Lady Lorelei."

He left after he set down the meals and condiments in their appropriate places, rehearsed with Cecily to ensure perfection. The menu tonight was, a filet mignon complimented by potatoes and brussel sprouts. A plate of impeccably cut up fruit laid closer to the lavender centerpiece paired with a raspberry cheesecake. Per request by the prince himself.

With a rotational motion of Phillip's hand, Lorelei was the first to try the food. As the flavor began to settle onto her tongue, her expression brightened with enthusiasm.

"This is exquisite, I could eat this on the daily, without bore." she lifted another sliver to her mouth. Letting out a groan of pleasure.

He muttered under his breath, "I hope you could too..."

"Hm? Did you say something?"

"Oh no, simply agreeing with you."

They continued to enjoy their dinner, adding relevant comments on nonsensical topics and coquettish coos. The candles on the table were lit and the flames danced around in glee, allowing the atmosphere to feel intimate.

The food on both of their dishes were cleared, moving on to rewarding themselves with the cheesecake and laughs.

After, they resumed the light conversation they were having throughout the night until interrupted with the sound of a piano, soft and calming. Gymnopedie No. 1 echoed through the building.

Phillip raised from his seat and strolled toward Lorelei, he moved his palm in front of her and genuflected, "Lady Lorelei of the Seraphim forest, shall I be honored with a dance?"

"Prince Phillip of Auroya, you shall." She joined hands with him and let him guide her to the open space, swaying with the prince with a permanent grin on her face.

She allowed herself to embrace this moment and laid her head against his chest, listening to the rapid patter of his heart. He placed his chin on her head and held her impossibly close to him. Closing his eyes while enjoying her warm touch.

This went on for what seemed like hours upon hours, however they wished for it to last for a lifetime. The song finally came to an untimely end and they were forced out of their shared daze.

"Lorelei...I must tell you something."

"Of course, you can tell me anything." she kept her hands in Phillip's grip.

He stared down to their joined hands and began to caress it with his thumb gingerly, allowing himself a bit of time to mentally prepare for what he is about to say.

"When I began to know you more, I would notice the sudden shifts in your gazes, the crunching of your nose, how you fiddled with your fingers when you were nervous... how beautifully calm you are when immersed in a book or two. I would focus and memorize all these things about you." He took another moment to gather his thoughts.

"I began to long for your presence, I began to dream of your laughs and smiles. I never understood how I felt about you for I had no experience in this field. But when you waltzed into my life. I couldn't believe I have lived this long without you. I am enraptured by your very existence. I am unequivocally and utterly in love with you Lorelei Everly. I, Prince Phillip of Auroya fell for you, My little lavender..."

He knelt down on one knee, and revealed the ring, his hands shook.

"Will you marry me?"

She stood still, the only sign of life was her breathing. Then once she finally processed it, tears escaped and let them.

"Oh, My darling Phillip, Yes..."

Yes, she said yes! Phillip stood back up and embraced Lorelei tightly, one hand cupped the nape of her neck and the other was on the small of her back. Tears began to fall from Phillip as well. Kissing her as if she was the only source of oxygen.

"Woo!" a shout came from the bushes, and then silenced quickly.

Phillip loosened his heart wrenching grip, "You can come out now."

When he said that, Hastings and Cecily begrudgingly came out of their hiding spot. Luca, nonchalantly entered from the side.

Cecily aimed her anger towards Hastings, lightly smacking the back of his head, "Didn't I tell you to not reveal our hiding spot? Have you ever played hide and seek?"

"I have! My apologies, but my best friend is now engaged. How could I not celebrate?"

She hummed in understanding.

"Congratulations, I am happy for the both of you." Luca said, ignoring the childish glares Hastings and Cecily were sharing. They always acted like children when together, frankly he considered it a new form of entertainment.

"Yes, Congratulations Little Lori!" Ambrose added.

And with that, the night ended with a newly engaged couple dancing the night away with a drunk Hastings chanting hymns. Everyone would remember this eventful night for eternity. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 20 19
๛ A international fairy was having fun in her free garden with her master to keep eyes on and take care until she fall into this trap to sent her far...
222K 6.2K 77
Loréal was a geek/medicine student who lived her life to the fullest until destiny decided to hurl her into a novel world. She transmigrated into the...
1.2M 43.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
114 8 10
A soulmate is supposed to give you what you lack, or teach you something you need to know. Addy MaConnel is a full-blooded witch, she wasn't supposed...