Hidden Lavender

By MiaLAnemone

Lorelei Everly is the human equivalent to a faerie; a beautiful girl hidden deep within the woods, isolated f... More

Chapter 1 | Lorelei
Chapter 2 | Phillip
Chapter 3 | Alone
Chapter 4 | Lonely
Chapter 5 | Suspicion
Chapter 6 | Comfort
Chapter 7 | Nonsense
Chapter 8 | Cheesecake
Chapter 9 | Steps
Chapter 10 | Intrigue
Chapter 11 | Past
Chapter 12 | Memories
Chapter 13 | Attraction
Chapter 14 | Epiphany
Chapter 15 | Admit
Chapter 16 | Sacrifice
Chapter 17 | Invitations
Chapter 18 | Visit
Chapter 19 | Evidence
Chapter 20 | Anticipation
Chapter 21 | Masquerade
Chapter 22 | Announcement
Chapter 23 | Gone
Chapter 25 | Candles
Chapter 26| New Beginning
Chapter 27 | Bliss

Chapter 24 | Forever

3.4K 119 5
By MiaLAnemone

"And- and then she jumped onto the counter and danced around! HA!" Miss Aveen laughed hysterically with a few snorts here and there. Everyone at the dining table joined in with her enthusiasm while Lorelei slipped deeper into the chair in pure embarrassment.

It was a gray morning, where the sun still shines but in hiding. However that never stopped anyone from enjoying the day to its fullest. It just required more motivation.

Everyone was at the bookstore, being fed to death by Miss Aveen and listening to the many childhood stories she tells of Lorelei during her younger years. She was currently reminiscing on the moments when little Lorelei read Alice in Wonderland and would act it out as if she was a character as well. She practically bounced off the walls.

"And every time the entrance bell rang, she would sprint to my side and hide." The image of a little girl she adored hiding behind her dress replayed in her mind.

Cecily shoved another cookie into her mouth, although courteous since Miss Aveen and Luca were present.

Lorelei covered her face with her hands, "Miss Aveen, why must you share those embarrassing tales?" She groaned in a muffled voice.

Phillip smiled and placed his hand on her shoulder to pull her closer to him. Grinning ear to ear. "My Lori, don't be upset, personally I find the tales endearing." He stared at her with such awe.

The entire group groaned at his cliche affection towards Lorelei.

"Ughhhhh. Do you wish for me to gag?" Cecily complained while Hastings nodded his head quickly.

Phillip laughed and held onto Lorelei tighter, "Cecily, are you jealous that I'm showing my affections to Lorelei instead of you, your majesty?"

"Ha! Don't make me laugh! The only person I want affection from is L-" she bit down on her tongue before continuing her sentence, forgetting for a split second who was at the table as well.

Hastings had his eyes wide, his head slowly rotated towards Luca who seemed to be confused and slightly envious. Unaware of her admiration for her knight.

Luca never spoke much in the group, just a few single word answers and mumbled sentences. Though it was never a bother for the group. Lorelei frankly felt comfortable around someone who balanced out the personalities of Hastings Cecily. There was nothing wrong with their demeanor but she felt that she wouldn't be able to handle another bubbly person.

Lorelei figured out recently of Cecily's infatuation with Luca. She needed someone to talk to and Lori was there to listen.

Miss Aveen spoke, "Would you like more sweets my darlings?"

"I would love to stay and listen to more stories of Lori, however the sun is setting. We shall return another day." Phillip said as he reached for an embrace. Which Miss Aveen gladly accepted.

The whole lot shared a separate embrace with the bookstore owner and bid their goodbyes.

As the group began their way to the palace, Phillip stopped, "I will walk Lorelei home." He grabbed onto her hand slowly.

"Alright, just don't get lost. You are a little important to the people in case you were unaware." Hastings yelled back a response as he walked away with a backwards wave. Cecily hugged Lorelei before following along and Luca gave a slight bow.

Once the three were out of sight, Lorelei faced Phillip, "You don't have to, I will take you a while to head back to the palace."

"Nothing in this world could ever hinder me if it involved you." He kissed the back of her hand as he stared into her eyes. Smiling as his lips connected to her skin.

They walked side by side, there was a silence between them. Although, it was comfortable. Lorelei spent her time admiring the twinkling stars in the clear and cloudless sky. Pointing out constellations once and while. Skipping and swinging their joined hands. The prince's smile never gave out for even a single second.

Phillip would pull her close once they were in the forest path. Paranoid by her past interactions in the woods. He was sure that the stalker was sent by his now imprisoned mother but he didn't take any chances when it came to Lorelei.

"Thank you Phillip for walking me home." She opened her door and stepped inside. However, before she retired for the night, she faced Phillip once more. She started to fidget with her fingers and swayed in her feet.

"I- uh...Would you like to come inside?" Her face became warmer and she couldn't look him in the eye. She was not used to having romantic relations with a man but Phillip made her feel so comfortable. 

His eyes widened at her request. "This late at night?" He questioned, he bit the side of his lip into a smirk that showed no shame. 

Her movements became frantic as she continued to lift her heels and then raised her toes. Creating a back and forth pattern. 

"Well...Unless you don't want to... that is fine." she mumbled under her breath. 

"I would love to come inside your home. No doubt about that fact however, it is far too late, you must be exhausted from the events of today and my thoughts are far too sinful for my liking. I can not trust myself to be alone with you my love."

Her whole body was reddened by his unholy confession. She never really considered if he saw her as a girl or as a woman. Her features were developed, but compared to Cecily, she fell slightly short on some of the curves. Her answer was indeed answered by his lustful gaze. 

Phillip broke the silence with a hearty chuckle and kissed Lorelei goodnight. "I shall visit you soon, my darling Lorelei."

"Please do." She replied as she melted into his kiss that ended faster than what she had hoped.

"Rest well." He ruffled her hair then brushed it back in place. "you as well."

"If I dream of you, I shall be the calmest man in the world." He commented while he walked off into the darkness. Leaving a flustered Lorelei behind.

*****

The morning started it's usual routine. Phillip, upset for he was forced to wake up from a dream he wished to stay in. Hastings, preparing his soldiers in combat training and Cecily and Luca, playing a game of chess. When alone, Luca spoke plenty to Cecily. Why they are not together yet, one will never know. although, Luca seemed to be winning so it may not be any time soon. 

One oddity was that his father requested his presence for breakfast.

Walking down the halls and opening the grandiose doors, he was greeted to a feast and his father, patiently waiting at the end of the table.

"Ah son, I am glad to see that you are well."

Phillip pulled out the chair on the opposite side of the king, "Likewise, did you call with a purpose?"

The king ate a single slice of an apple, "Can't a father have some quality time with his son?" A slight side smile came onto King Lawrance Edevane's face. Keeping his eyes lowered down to his carefully placed breakfast meal.

And with that, they began eating. Phillip told him about his training on the side with Hastings, The unity proposal with Cecily and summarized versions of his recent days. Lawrence just sat still and paid his undivided attention towards his son. Remembering how proud he is to be blessed with a son like Phillip. He has grown so much.

"How is that miss you cherish dearly? Lorelei was it?" The prince placed his raised fork down onto the table with a faint clack from the silver and cleared his throat.

"She is doing well, Father."

"You know what I mean my dear Phillip." He quirked his eyebrow with a mischievous gaze, He truly was a womanizer back in his time. Perhaps he still could be.

Phillip straightened his back, "Father, I love her deeply. I never thought it was possible but here I am. Aching for her presence and longing for the sound of her voice. I could never envision myself with a future without her and I do not wish to try..." He confessed.

The king did not reply for a short while. Letting the confession from his son sink in and process through his brain. He was not at all surprised by the prince's devotion to Lorelei but he was trying to grapple with the maturity that his son was exuding at this moment.

"Well then, I have a gift for you." He pushed his chair back and grabbed a small box from the drawer next to the window. Without revealing the contents of the box, he strolled to Phillip and presented it to him. "This is the ring I was given by my mother before she passed. She wished me to propose to my love when the time comes. Unfortunately I had forgotten but now I see you may have a better use of it than I do."

When Phillip opened the box, the jewels blinded the two men. The ring was subtle and regal. The band was a rose gold with intricate details of diamonds and delicate gold petals that reached up to the pigeon blood round ruby in the center. It was truly a sight to behold.

"The jewels are of the royal crest. I wish for your little dove to wear them with pride and devotion to you and to the throne."

Phillip was stunned. "I- Father...Thank you so much."

"If you truly are thankful, Go and prepare a marriage proposal that will be a memory of the millions. We Edevane men are known for our romance and I hope you will exhibit that trait as well."

"Yes Father, and dare I say, perhaps my proposal may be more romantic than you." He chided.

"Oh dear son, one could only dream." The king patted his back before Phillip left towards the library to plan the special night.

*****

Cecily and Hastings were in awe of the gemstone. Treating it as if it was a treasured jewel taken from the gate of heaven. Luca was in awe but in his own reserved version of it.

"This is stunning. So you really wish to propose to Lorelei?" Cecily questioned. Although she was not religious, she always believed that marriage is a vow of loyalty to another that is as powerful as the thread woven by Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos. A rupture in those ties is not to be taken lightly.

Hastings had no doubt that his best friend was confident in this decision.

He grabbed Phillip in a warm and tight embrace. "I am so proud of you Phillip." A single tear escaped his glossy eyes. "But if you ever hurt Lorelei, I will put you through my version of hell."

The prince laughed out and nodded his head in agreement. Understanding that his words were true. He adored Lori as if she was his little sister and he is delighted that the head guard of his kingdom has a soft spot for his love.

"I wish you luck Prince Phillip." Luca added, which was unusual.

" Thank you Luca but please, when we are alone like this just call me Phillip."

"Oh ok...Phillip."

Cecily cut in again. "Great great, now how will you propose? I swear to our creator if you want to keep it simple I will throw you in a cell chained up like a dog until you invent a perfect way to propose to your goddess of a woman."

The two Auroya men pulled out a rolling black board used for primary learning in younger ages and listed off sporadic ideas of romantic gestures and plans while Cecily sat in a chair leaned back with her left arm supporting her right arm that is placed under her chin with a tilt.

Once they finished listing off their options, they faced Cecily for assistance. Who was internally impressed by their ability to be a hopeless romantic. In Endonia, those types of men were far and few. Though, she decided to keep it to herself.

"Well, What do you think?" Phillip asked, his foot rapidly tapped the tiled floor and he fidgeted with the chalk.

She let out a hum before replying to the two apprehensive men. "That one. That one is perfect."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 1 19
Life had always been much the same for Korin. Seasons came and went, the forest bloomed and died, the sun rose and fell, the moon, oh the beloved moo...
167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
2.7K 105 36
18+ Trigger warning for talk of suicide/drugs.* A story about a young human girl who tries to steal from a fae man. She gets put in a cell under the...
Hukassa By

Fantasy

326 42 30
What will happen when a hopeless romantic girl meets the guy she never expected of? The very hopeless romantic girl, Eva, who has given up on love a...