All of Me (Sebastian Vettel)

By AlwaysSeb

Four time Formula 1 World champion Sebastian Vettel had been just 18 years old when his girlfriend, now ex wi... More

Prologue
1. A Familiar Face
2. Face to Face
3. Joel's Story
4. Confrontation
5. Setting the Ball Rolling
6. Lost and Found
7. Alyssa's Story
8. Bournemouth
9. A Face From The Past
10. Reconnecting (1)
11. Reconnecting (2)
12. Promises
13. A Bit of Lighthearted Banter
Race Results 🇧🇭🇸🇦🇦🇺🇮🇹
14. Cry For Help
15. Protective Instinct
16. Leap of Faith
17. Stronger Together
18. Not His Usual Type
19. The Porsche
20. Barcelona
21. The Morning After The Night Before
22. The Lunch Date
23. One Step At A Time
24. No Time To Talk
25. Sister Time
26. Homecoming
27. The Double Header (1)
Race Results 🇺🇸🇪🇸🇲🇨🇦🇿
28. The Double Header (2)
29. The Trouble With Overthinking
30. Forgiveness
31. Time To Say Goodbye
32. The Argument
33. A Day At The Zoo
34. Easy on Me
35. The Day After
36. Teasing
37. Sneaking Around: Austria
38. Sneaking Around: France(1)
39. Sneaking Around: France(2)
40. Sneaking Around: France(3)
41. Sneaking Around: Hungary
Race Results 🇨🇦🇬🇧🇦🇹🇫🇷🇭🇺
42. Summertime Blues (1)
43. Summertime Blues (2)
44. Summertime Blues: Seb's Version
45. Fury
46. Revenge
47. Just The Two Of Them
49. Whispers
50. In the Spotlight
51. Past and Present
52. Seeing Red (1)
Race Results 🇧🇪🇳🇱🇮🇹
53. Seeing Red (2)
54. An Awkward Encounter
55. Sochi
56. Doubts?
57. Suzukaraoke
Race Results 🇷🇺🇸🇬🇯🇵
58. A Sky Full of Stars
59. Tensions
60. The Costume Party
61. Hospital Dash
62. Falling Apart
Race Results 🇺🇸🇲🇽🇧🇷
63. Slipping Through His Fingers (1)
64. Slipping Through His Fingers (2)
65. Facing His Fate
Race Result 🇦🇪 and Final Standings
66. A Glimmer of Hope
67. Silent Night
Epilogue
The Story Continues...

48. From Paradise to Reality

918 43 49
By AlwaysSeb

Seb slotted his key into the lock and opened the front door.   He and Alyssa walked in, he deactivated the alarm and held the door open for Alyssa to hobble in on her crutches.  He then bent down and picked up the pile of post that Antti had put on the table for him.  He'd been keeping an eye on the place while they were away. He dumped his suitcase in the hallway and then headed back to the car to get Alyssa's.

Alyssa headed straight to the kitchen. She filled the kettle up and turned it on at the wall, before taking two mugs out of the cupboard. 

After getting Alyssa's case out of the car boot Seb returned, closing the front door behind him.  He then looked through the mail and cursed as he saw there was one from his lawyer.  He had a strong feeling he knew what it was about.  He opened it.  His suspicions proved to be correct. 

"That bitch!" he exclaimed. 

"What's wrong Seb?" Alyssa said, appearing in the kitchen doorway. 

"Sienna's applied for sole custody of the girls.  That birch! If she wants a fight she'll fucking get one."

He took his phone out of his pocket and rang Sienna's number. She answered immediately.

"What do you want Sebastian? If it's about the kids, go through my lawyer!"

"Sienna please.  Don't do this.  Look, we need to talk.  I'm sorry I hurt you. I get you're mad at me but there's no need to use the kids to get at me."

"Hurt me? This about more than just that.  My own sister Seb?  A girl you used to babysit! It's disgusting. How could you?"

"Please can I come over?  I'd like to see the girls. Then we can sit down and discuss things like two rational adults."

"You didn't care about the girls when you ditched us in Greece, or when you were swanning off on holiday with your whore."

"Sienna, don't you dare talk about her like that!  And of course I care.  Alyssa was in hospital, she'd been attacked.   You should have some compassion."

"For that little bitch?  She knew I still loved you.  Well she'll be pleased to know I don't any more. I hate you! And I hate her!  So you can both go and fuck yourselves.  You want to see the kids? Take me to fucking court like you threatened to."

She hung up.  Seb marched into the kitchen. He sank down onto a chair.  He put his elbows on the table and rested his head in his hands. 

Alyssa stood by the sink feeling useless. She felt like it was all her fault. She hobbled over and put her hand on his arm. He shrugged it off.

Alyssa felt sick. He was having second thoughts wasn't he? She could hardly blame him. She should have known this would happen. She turned and headed out of the kitchen, she didn't want him to see her tears. He was already stressed out enough. She went into the games room and curled up on the sofa. Finally her tears began to fall. A few minutes later she heard the front door slam shut.

She stood up and made her way to the lounge. The DBX was just disappearing down the driveway. She sank down onto the sofa, tears streaming down her face. Who had she been kidding? This was never going to work. She couldn't see Seb parted from his kids like this. It would destroy him, and he would end up resenting her.

Maybe he had already begun to. He'd pushed her away when she'd just wanted to be there for him. Was this the beginning of the end? She loved him so much. Maybe if she wasn't around Sienna would relent and let him see the girls.

She picked up her phone to call Joel, to ask him if he could come and pick her up. She was about to hit dial when she hesitated.

Maybe she should wait and talk things through with Seb first. She put the phone down. She owed it to Seb, and when it came down to it she just couldn't lose him.  There had to be some way of sorting things out.   

An hour passed. Then two. It was beginning to get dark. There was still no sign of him. She'd been trying to give him space but she needed to know he was ok. She picked her phone up and dialled his number. It went straight to voicemail. After she'd listened to his greeting she left a message.

"Seb, I just need to know you're ok. I love you so much. Please come home."

She looked at her contact list and stared at Sienna's number. Maybe she could talk to her? Maybe she could persuade her not to use the kids against Seb. Deep down though she knew that would just make things worse. She locked her phone and slid it into her pocket.

After another hour with no word from Seb she headed upstairs to the bedroom. She got herself ready for bed and slid underneath the covers. She put a movie on the television but she wasn't really watching it.  She just laid there thinking.  What could she do to help the situation?   Sadly the only thing she could think of would end up breaking both their hearts.

They'd just have to be patient and go to court.  There was no way Seb would lose his rights to the kids.  He was a fantastic father.  Sienna knew that too.  She was just doing this to hurt him like he'd hurt her. 

She didn't mean to but she eventually fell asleep, the television still on, and that is how Seb found her when he returned just before midnight. 

                        ***

After Alyssa had left the kitchen Seb cursed.  He hadn't meant to push her away but he was so mad and he just wanted to be alone.  He stood up, grabbed his keys off of the worktop and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him.  He got into the DBX and drove off. He had no idea where he was going.  He just knew he needed to drive, to get away from everything and everyone.   He eventually found himself parked up in a lay-by on top of a hill,  looking out over a green valley. 

He took his phone out and tapped out a text to Sienna.

Seb:  Sienna please can we talk?

Sienna:  sure...via the lawyers.  Stop messaging me.

He sighed.  What could he do?   He loved his girls.  He felt broken knowing he wouldn't see them for God knows how long, but he refused to give Alyssa up.  She was the love of his life.  Sienna couldn't control him like this.  He would have to see her in court.  He just hoped that she wasn't poisoning the girls minds against him. 

He called his lawyer and made an appointment to see him on the Monday. Then he tried to call Sienna to give her one more chance to talk this out. He was sent straight to voicemail. His phone beeped to signal it had a low battery.

He turned it off, tossed it into the passenger seat, then started the car up. He began to drive back towards home. 

However when he reached the turning that would take him to their gates he drove straight past and carried on until he found himself parking up outside Antti's house. He got out and rang the doorbell.

Antti looked surprised when he saw his boss standing there. "Seb, this is a surprise. Come on in."

Seb passed his trainer and headed to the lounge, sinking down onto the sofa.

"What's wrong?"

"My bitch of an ex wife."

"What's she done now?" the Finn asked.

"She's applied for full custody of the girls. She won't even let me go and see them. She's being a bitch because I'm with Alyssa."

"Shit man. That sucks. She can't do that surely."

"I'll have to go to court about it. I knew she wouldn't be happy but I didn't think she would use the girls to get to me. God knows what rubbish she's filling their heads with."

"What does Alyssa have to say about it?" Antti asked.

"I don't know. I walked out. Have you got a beer I can have? I really need a drink."

Antti disappeared into the kitchen, returning with a can of beer.  He handed it to Seb. "You just walked out? Does she know you're here?"

"No. I just had to escape, to get some time to myself. "

"Seb, you really shouldn't have done that."

"Why?"

"Put yourself in Alyssa's shoes. You're a couple, a team. She'd want to help you, to comfort you. You've walked out, she doesn't know where you are. Tell me you at least texted her to tell her you're ok. No? She's probably sat there wondering if you're mad at her, if you're having second thoughts about your relationship." Seb stayed silent. "You're not are you? I've never seen you so happy as you've been since you've been with her. You'd be mad to throw it away."

"No Antti. I love her. I'll never regret being with her. I just...I'm wondering if I could have done things any different. I should have told Sienna as soon as I realised I had feelings for Alyssa, not screamed it at her in the middle of an argument."

"What's done is done Seb. You can't change that.  You just have to work out your next move."

"I'm seeing my lawyer Monday. I'd hoped to avoid involving the lawyers but she's made it impossible."

"So what are you doing here? Don't get me wrong, you're always welcome, but shouldn't you be with Alyssa?"

"I just want to get shitfaced Antti. Can I stay here tonight? I need a break. I love her but I'm bitter and I don't want to end up saying anything that makes her think I blame her, because I don't. Shit, I'm really not thinking straight." He drained the rest of his beer and crushed the can in his hand. "Can I get another? I'll buy you some to replace them."

"You know where they are."

Seb stood up and walked into the kitchen.  He opened the fridge and grabbed another can.

"Do you want one Antti?" he called out. 

"No thanks.  I'll drive you home later. I don't think you should stay out overnight. Seriously Seb. Don't do anything to jeopardise you and Alyssa. She's an amazing girl."

Seb took a long swig out of the can. "Antti. Do you want to know the truth about why I don't want to go back?"

"I'm all ears."

"I'm scared. I know exactly what Aly's like. She will blame herself and she will think about leaving me, she'll be convinced it will solve everything. I'm scared I'm going to lose her Antti. I can't lose her. It will destroy me! Why does Sienna have to be such a fucking bitch?"

"Alyssa loves you Seb. How many times do I have to say it? She will stand by you and support you."

"There's something Sienna said, I can't get it out of my mind. She said about how I used to babysit Aly. She said our relationship is disgusting. Will Alyssa wake up one day and decide she doesn't want to be with an older man with kids? Am I being selfish getting into a relationship with her?"

"You need to talk to her about this, not me."

"I'm scared.  I don't know what I'd do without her."

"Ok boss.  You know me.  I'm a straight talker.  I say things how I see them.  You and Alyssa, you're perfect for each other. I see the way you look at each other. What you guys have is rare. Don't throw it away. You may never find that kind of love again. Sienna may not like it but she's going to have to accept it. Going to court may be for the best.  It may be a good thing to get a court agreement in place. Sienna will have to stick to it. I know that it will hurt not seeing the girls for a while but there's no way she can keep them from you indefinitely. You're an amazing father. And I will stand in court and testify to that. As will Britta. Stay strong. Don't let Sienna come between you and Alyssa."

"But what if Aly does decide to leave me?"

"Then she's a fucking idiot and you fight with everything you've got to get her back."

Seb drained his second can of beer. "Just help yourself," Antti said before Seb could ask for another. "Look, you're officially still on holiday til Monday. Shall we order a kebab in?"

"Now you're talking."

"Right, we'll eat. You have a few more beers, then I'll drop you home. Then you can come and pick the car up tomorrow. How does that sound?"  Seb nodded his agreement.

"Ok," he said.

***

Seb tried his best to be quiet as he crept up the stairs. He could hear the sound of the television as he slowly pushed open the bedroom door. The light was off but the flickering light of the television illuminated the room. He stood for several seconds just watching Alyssa. She was fast asleep, laid on her back with one hand up by the side of her head. Her hair was fanned out over the pillow. She looked like an angel. His angel. He crossed the room and brushed her cheek with his finger. She didn't stir.

Kicking his shoes off, he undid his shorts. He slipped them off and climbed into bed wearing just his boxers and his T-shirt. Alyssa turned on her side to face him. Her eyes were still closed. He lay one hand on her hip and gently brushed his lips over hers.

"You stink of beer," she said.

"I had a few with Antti," he admitted.

"It's nice to know you're still alive," she said sarcastically. 

"I'm sorry. I have no excuse. I was thoughtless."

"It's a good job I love you, isn't it?"

"Aly?"

"Yes?"

"I'm a mess. I'm quite a bit older than you. Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Where's this coming from? You know I want this. Is this your way of trying to ditch me?" She opened her eyes and looked into his.

"Never, Aly I love you."

"Stop talking shit then and hold me."

He pulled her close to his body. She snuggled up and kissed him.

"We'll talk about this in the morning. We need to work out where we go from here."

"I'm seeing my lawyer on Monday. I'm going to fight her Aly."

"We are going to fight her. We are a team."

They kissed tenderly until finally they both fell asleep. The television played on in the background.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.5K 33
🎶Think I need someone older Just a little bit colder Take the weight off your shoulders Think I need someone older Baby, am I your little secret? Ei...
395K 8.2K 72
Two childhood friends have their biggest dreams. But they have to separate when they are teenagers. They are destined to meet again after 12 years. D...
142K 7.5K 130
Lily Scott was the bane of Sebastian Vettel's life. The Ice Queen of the paddock had taken his seat, she'd taken his sanity...he was damned if he wa...
145K 3.1K 75
Charlotte and Sebastian had disliked each other from the moment they met. Now, 8 years after their last meeting they are thrown back together. And th...