30. Forgiveness

Alyssa disconnected the call. The colour had drained from her face. She began shaking, sobs tearing through her body. Seb was there in a flash, wrapping his arms around her.

"Aly, what is it? What's the matter?"

"Grandad," she choked. "He's had a heart attack."

"Oh no, baby. I'm so sorry. Is he ....?" He didn't have to finish his sentence.

"He's alive,  but it's serious. I have to get to the hospital.  Sienna's already there.  She said her friend Natalia's with the girls. She's been trying to get hold of me."

"I'll drive you. You can't drive in this state."

She nodded tearfully. "I need to get dressed." She started hunting through her drawers, trying to find some clothes but her brain and body had shut down.

"Baby, sit down. Let me help." Seb guided her over to the bed, then began looking through the drawers himself. He pulled out a black bra and panties set, a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue fitted T-shirt. "Here, look I'm just going to go and get changed. I'll be straight back."

He dashed back to his room, changed his underwear, and threw on the first clothes he could find, which was a pair of black joggers and a pale grey T-shirt. He quickly returned to Alyssa.

He found her sat on the bed in her bra and panties looking totally shell shocked. Seb picked her T-shirt up off of the bed and helped her put it on. He then helped her with her jeans.

"Come on, let's get to the hospital. He'll probably be sat up in bed by the time you get there, and he'll be so pleased to see you." She smiled half heartedly, standing up and slipping on her trainers.

They headed downstairs and straight out to the DBX. Soon they were on the main road heading towards the hospital.

Seb felt awkward. He really didn't know what to say, especially as things between them were still unresolved from the previous night.

"Aly, I'm here for you," he told her. "And I'm sorry, I really am. I was an ass yesterday, but we'll talk about that some other time. I just want to be here for you today."

She thanked him,  grateful for his support.

After a short drive they arrived at the hospital. Seb parked up and they rushed inside, quickly locating the right department.

"Sisi," Alyssa called as she spotted her sister sat on a blue plastic chair in the waiting room. Sienna jumped up and threw her arms around her little sister.

"Alyssa, thank God. I managed to get hold of Joel just after I spoke to you. He's on his way."

"How is Grandad?"

"I haven't heard any more since I last spoke to you."

"So what happened?" Seb asked.

It was then that Sienna noticed his presence. "I had a call about 6.30 from Debbie, his carer. He'd managed to call her out. She found him on the kitchen floor. He'd updated his next of kin, he'd put my name. I guess after the fall out with Joel...."

Sienna broke down in tears and threw herself into Seb's arms. He held her tightly. "It's ok Sienna. You're not alone. I'm here. Alyssa is here. Joel's on his way."

Alyssa froze as she watched Seb holding Sienna. She knew she was being selfish, Sienna needed comfort, but she felt jealous. Seb's arms had been around her earlier, now she had to stand and watch as he held his ex wife, the woman he'd once loved. Did he still love her? She turned her head, unwilling to look at them any longer.