The Castle that Changed my li...

By POTATO_QUEEN_WEY-

Killer Target. A young lady who was taught to live of her free will and to never listen to rules. Magic flowe... More

Explanation
Designs (edited x3)
Prologue
Chapter 1: What now?
Chapter 2: Unexpected meeting
Chapter 3: Settling in
Chapter 4: Morning visit
Chapter 5: Quite a shock
Chapter 6: Tears for lost ones
Chapter 7: The Meeting
Chapter 8: Meetings and horses
Chapter 9: Attacks and fights
Chapter 10: Fights & more fights
Chapter 11: Plans
Chapter 12: Unexpected actions
Chapter 13: Closer than before
Chapter 14: A Peacefully Chaotic Meeting
Chapter 15: Secrets
Chapter 16: The truth
Chapter 17: Important things
Chapter 18: Exploring
Chapter 19: The ball
Chapter 20: Building trust
Chapter 21: What is going on!?
Chapter 22: Surprise~!
Chapter 23: New rules
Chapter 24: Relaxation day
Chapter 25: More and more boredom
Chapter 26: Shadows
Chapter 27: Filling up with love
Chapter 28: Stuck in a room
Chapter 29: Escaping
Chapter 31: Fin
?????
Prologue to the new story! :D

Chapter 30: Meeting the child & Chillaxing

177 9 5
By POTATO_QUEEN_WEY-

I had no idea what to put for the title so I just put what I tell my friends most when they are stressed.

"HEy *insert friend name* you got to chillax"

*my friend glares but laughs at me*

________________________________

Nightmare and Killer slowly entered the room, so many hours had passed by. Almost a day. The doctors had told them that they were able to close the injury but not save the baby, why had Cross done such a thing? Killer knew that they would  have probably died, it seemed Grey was going to keep stabbing Cross in anger. But luckily Horror came in scaring him away.

They came in slowly into the room, Cross was sleeping in the bed. Dream sitting next to her, he looked dead inside. He was looking down at a bundle of blankets. Tears streaming down his face, he sniffled silently. He looked up at his brother before breaking up into a cry. Though it was silent.

Nightmare sighed sadly before walking over to his brother and gently hugging him. Dream only leaned onto his brother's touch crying harder. Killer walked forward and looked down at Cross, she was breathing. She was alive. Then turning around she looked towards the blanket in Dream's arm. He stared sadly up at her, before staring at his brother. He slowly got up.

"Here...meet your niece Nighty... her name is Maristela" Dream slowly passed the blanket to Nightmare, he looked down. Tears formed in his eyes. This may not be his daughter, but it was his niece. And she... his niece was not breathing. The baby was still a rock. Though she looked comfortable. She was so tiny...

Killer slowly walked forward. Nightmare looked at his brother and nodded. He faced Killer and slowly passed the forever sleeping child to her. He kissed her forehead and moved back. She looked down at the sleeping child...

Compared to Killer's arm, the child was so tiny. Less than half of her arm, she thought. Thought of how the child would cry, how Cross would calm her down. How the child would extend her tiny arms up to her mother and giggle, how Dream would be next to Cross the entire time. And this time cry from happiness. He could see his daughter grow. But it all had to be ruined due to him.

Killer stared down at the child, this time taking in the details. Her face was chubby like her father's. Her skin is a color between honey and the almond color, definitely a softer color than her father's. She didn't have hair, though it was going to probably be curly and a dark brown or just a natural black color. For the color of the child's eyes, she wasn't too sure though.

"She's beautiful" was all Killer said.

Dream nodded in agreement before walking forward and gently holding his child. He just wished for his daughter to magically open her eyes and start crying or laughing... or for her to at least do something. But she didn't move, no matter how much he wished for it to happen. He sat down on the chair once again... how would he explain to Cross that their daughter was dead? GONE! And there was no way of getting her back, the doctors had tried everything they could. But had failed.

Once again, Nightmare hugged Dream before he and Killer left. Though on their way they came across the young boy who had screamed at them to be careful a few hours ago. Killer didn't even look at Nightmare before she rushed over to him. Where was his mother either way?

The child seemed startled and quickly turned around to face Killer. He seemed to tremble a bit. But did not move, he stayed still and started over at Killer. She smiled gently and kneeled down in front of the boy. He was very young though Killer was confused about how he was able to talk almost perfectly.

"Hello young one, what's your name?" Killer smiled nervously.

"Palette" the boy responded, sweat coming down his forehead.

"Palette... um, where are your parents?" Killer asked.

"Father's mean, mother's gone" the boy simply replied.

Killer sighed sadly, an orphan child.

"Aren't you the son of that very nice and gentle maid we used to have?" Nightmare asked.

"Huh?"

"Are you Aalya's son?" Nightmare asked.

Palette seemed startled but soon started nodding in shock, he stared at Nightmare up with hope. As if he suddenly had all the answers in the world, as if he was some kind of powerful being. Which he was if you thought of it. He had magic and power, he was definitely a powerful being. Palette smiled hopefully up at him.

"Do you know where my mother is?" Palette asked excitedly. Nightmare shook his head nervously.

"She just disappeared one night," Nightmare responded.

"Oh... I thought she escaped those evil people" Palette hiccuped, tears starting to swell on his eyes.

And since that day, Killer and Nightmare took the young child in. He was a very nervous person who thought had lots of energy. Sadly for Nightmare and Killer, even though they could be energetic, they were normally very calm. So with Palette being a very energetic and active child even though he was a very young child, it was hard for Nightmare and Killer to take care of him. They never actually mentioned him. And when anyone else saw them walking around with the child they thought the little boy was just fascinated with Killer or Nightmare.

After making a list of pros and cons, Killer decided it was best to introduce the child to Dream and Cross. And somehow have them keep the child. She noticed how they always tried to talk to Palette, the child of course talking back to them but very shyly.

Their footsteps echoed around the hallway, Palette curiously looking around. Before staring up at Killer. The nice lady was currently taking care of him.

"Where are we going, your majesty?" Palette asks, Killer seems to freeze for a second.

"You'll see when we get there," Killer said winking, Palette gasped excitedly. A surprise! He thought. He loved surprises. He walked faster, making sure to still stay behind Killer. She smiled sadly at him.

And after walking through the maze of magnificent and artistic halls, they reached Dream's and Cross's rooms. Killer smiled gently at the boy before she kneeled down in front of him. He was almost shaking in excitement, it was very noticeable that he was restraining himself. A huge smile plastered on his face, his eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement.

Killer placed her hands on the boy's cheek and smiled at him. She didn't really know how to tell him this, the boy had probably gone through so much. He never told them, but he did tell other things and even the way he sometimes reacted to adults. It made Killer suspect that Palette didn't have such a bright past. But he would be fine, the boy was strong, and Dream and Cross would be great parents.

"Palette, I want you to wait outside okay?" Killer smiled. The boy stared at her before nodding, clearly becoming a bit more nervous. "I need to make sure the surprise is ready," she quickly added. This made Palette brighten up once again.

She smiled gently at the young boy before getting up. Her movements were kind of sharp as she was nervous and mostly forced her body to follow her movements. She knocked on the door and when she heard a 'come in' she quickly opened the door and closed it. Making sure to smile at Palette before she completely closed it.

She looked over to Dream, he was sitting on the couch looking at her. Cross was next to him, she hadn't moved. Probably was asleep or did not have the energy to move or do anything. Killer understood it wasn't going to be easy to get over the death of her unborn child so easily.

"Hello Dream..." Killer sighed. "I have something to tell you two... but I need to know if you are okay and um..."

"What is it, Killer?" Cross interrupted.

"Well... you know that after the accident... someone important was lost," Killer said, Cross seemed to freeze before moving closer to Dream. "I found a child in desperate need of parents, Nightmare and I can't take care of him and I thought that maybe..." she paused nervously.

"What's his name?" Dream asked.

"His name is Palette, he is probably around 3 to 4" Killer quickly said.

"Um..." Cross nervously looked over to Killer "may we meet him?" she asked excitedly.

Killer seemed a bit shocked but nodded, she asked them to wait for a second before going to get Palette. The boy was looking outside the window, he seemed amazed at the garden. Had probably been there only once, and that was when they were attacked. So seeing it with no bodies in there and with almost all of the plants back to their normal state, the boy was obviously amazed.

"Follow me Palette" Killer smiled, the boy looked at her before smiling while walking towards her.

Soon he was guided inside the room, this time Dream and Cross were standing up and staring hopefully towards the door. When Killer and Palette walked inside both seemed to brighten up even more. Both Cross and Dream must have been desperate to have a child. They must have been dreaming of it for so long and their chance was taken away because of him but now Killer was giving them a chance again. Palette was confused but he smiled and bowed down.

"No need to do that Palette" Cross smiled, the young boy seemed kind of shocked that she knew his name. But nodded and stood up straight again.

"Go on," Killer smiled.

Palette walked forward, he smiled up at Cross and Dream. Immediately Cross started questioning him and trying to get to know him, of course, she made sure to not be too... annoying. Dream walked towards Killer.

"Could we um... could Cross and I have some alone time with Palette?" Dream asked nervously.

"Of course" Killer smiled, she quickly left the room before Palette could notice.

As she walked back to her room, she came across the king and queen as she turned around a hall. She quickly stopped and walked backward before they saw her. She slowed down her breathing so that they didn't hear her. They had specifically asked them to stay next to a guard or someone they trusted and that they approved of.

Though she tried to hide from view and think of another way to get to her room. She overheard their conversation. Of course, she didn't mean it, they were actually talking pretty loud. Probably believing that everyone was in their rooms or going to get a snack for Brunch.

"I want the ceremony ready for next month!" snapped the queen, Killer froze. The ceremony wasn't going to be ready until 2 to 3 months later. She covered her mouth. They should be making sure the castle was safe without having the new king come earlier.

"I know you are desperate my darling, but remember hurrying up the future king is not going to help," the king said. "We shall get it ready by next month so that they at least get married, but even if the new king is chosen, he will still be given a few months to prepare. Remember we are doing this in a hurry and it will be shocking for-..." something made of glass fell.

Killer restrained herself from looking towards the other hallway, but after around five minutes she very well thought the King and Queen had left. And so, Killer got on her way back to her room. She shuddered a bit on the thought. Next month they were going to be preparing for the following month's ceremony. If it was all done in a hurry the Claw's could use it to strike back, the guard's level was low now since the attack, not many maids were present anymore.

And the new maids were young maids trying to get money for their families. Killer sighed, she didn't know what to do or believe. When she reached her room and entered her room though. She hadn't expected maids getting Nightmare's body's measurements. He seemed flustered, still having his underwear on. A few seconds after Killer entered the maids left.

One was sketching down the measurements. But soon they left, Killer looked over to Nightmare confused. He shrugged and grabbed his clothes and started putting them back on. He looked over at Killer, his face flushed.

"I'll ask my father and mother later... I am sincerely confused..." Nightmare said though he seemed to be talking to himself.

Killer walked over to him, kissed his cheek before grabbing a book and sitting on the couch. All of the measurements were probably being done for the coronation, they were probably making an outfit for Nightmare. If he was chosen as a king or not, it didn't matter; he was still probably going to participate.

She read through the book, Nightmare just stared at her. She started becoming more nervous. Did he need anything? Was he angry at her?

"Where's Palette?" he blurted out, Killer seemed a bit shocked.

"Well... I left him with Dream and Cross... I thought they be-"

"Better parents?" Nightmare asked.

"Yeah and I don't think we are quite ready yet, I believe we need a bit more preparation" Killer explained.

Nightmare made an 'oh' sound before turning around. Searching for something, after a few minutes he found what he was searching for... a book. He sat down next to Killer and passed the book over to her.

"I found this in your brother's room"

"Grey's room" Killer corrected.

"Sorry.." Nightmare sighed "I found this in Grey's room" he corrected himself.

"Why does it matter?" Killer asked as she glared at the book.

"Just open it..." Nightmare sighed before kissing her cheek and walking away.

And so she slowly opened the book and stared at the first page. Nothing, it was white, like any other book in its beginning pages. She moved on to the next page and stopped dead in her tracks.

From your sister, June, to her dear brother Grey...

As she read more and more she discovered... that June had lured Grey into the Claw's there were lies such as 'Us Claw's as the most powerful, the Targets are just weakening you' or 'Killer has lied to you... she doesn't actually see you as a brother, she sees you as a threat so she had drowned you in lies'. In a rage, Killer reaped the page off and threw it. Tears filled her eyes. Soon pouring down her face, she rubbed her eyes trying to get rid of the tears.

She felt herself being picked up and being brought into a warm hug. She hugged back, truly not caring who it was. Soon she felt a hand in her stomach. She had flinched a bit but seconds later had leaned into the warmth... It was only Nightmare.

She looked up, her teary face looking at Nightmare. His cheeks were a bright red, tears and more tears poured down her face. She sniffled. She just wanted her brother back. She knew that after coming to the castle they didn't hang out as often, but almost every day they spent a few minutes, sometimes even hours together. Reading books, playing tag, making flower crowns! But he has drowned in a lie with no escape. If only she had saved him on time, she would still have a brother.

"Killz... I want you to breath in and out" a soothing voice said, she tried but choked. Soon came into a coughing fit. Nightmare pat her back helping her. And soon leaned her against his chest. She made sure to concentrate on his breathing. Slowly relaxing and falling into a deep slumber.

____________

Ink laughed a bit, Error resting on her shoulder. After being trapped in that room for quite a while they had gotten quite close to each other. Plus many other occasions forced them to get to know each other. Though afterward it was more of their choice, even though both denied that fact. But now things have gotten a bit more intimate, and this had been going on for quite a while now...

"I thought we were enemies?" Ink teased.

"Well, enemies don't really do this kind of thing," Error sighed. Either too tired to pick up the tease in Ink's voice or just chose to ignore it.

His body was sweaty and both would need to bathe soon. But he wanted to rest, he was tired. He kissed Ink, and suddenly there was a knock on the door. Both froze.

"Hide in the bathroom" Ink ordered, Error nodded quickly heading for the bathroom.

Ink quickly changed and made sure to hide the mess in her bed. Blushing even more as the events of last night came to her mind. She then opened the door to only see a maid.

"H-hello!" she cursed at her stuttering, "do you need something?" Ink asked.

"Your father has ordered you to stay in this castle for a few more months, he wants you to attend the ceremony and this is currently quite a safe place as the Claw's have moved over to your territory" the maid informed. Ink seemed a bit confused but nodded. She was about to close the door but before she could... "Princess Ink... I have noticed your relationship with Error and I dare say that you aren't very good at hiding it, shall I inform your father about this... relationship?" she asked.

Ink's face exploded with blush.

A shriek escaped from her "NO!". Quickly Ink cleared her throat "Sorry, no, please don't inform my father... I shall do it myself"

Quickly she slammed the door before the maid could continue. She stumbled back to her bed. If her father found out about her pregnancy she was probably dommed. She trembled a bit at the thought of her father ordering doctors to kill the child. Well, he wouldn't kill the child if Ink was past her 3rd month of pregnancy. She just had to hide it long enough before she told anyone. Well, she didn't even know if she was pregnant or not!

She probably wasn't pregnant...

Or at least she thought so.

_______________________________________

Question of the day: What is never coming but never arrives?

Jejejeje- Idk why I laugh when writing this extra comment thingy or note or whatever you call it. I just feel like laughing so I laugh- yay...

Okay so like, next Friday is the last Friday that I post. But I will keep writing the story to then post it as soon as I come back to my "home" or the before I come back to the country I live in. Don't worry there won't be much that will be missed. There might be a few easter eggs in these few chapters. But probably not much. Just so you know- there will be a second book but I ain't giving spoilers so likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Yeah-

Hope you "enjoyed" this chapter! Stay safe, eat healthily, sleep well, and goodbye! 

(〜^∇^)〜 (〜^∇^)〜 (〜^∇^)〜 (〜^∇^)〜

Take a 5 to 15 minute (or longer) break! Drink some water, eat something, stretch around and/or take a nap! If it's already very late in the night then go to sleep! Remember your mental and physical health are very important! Stay safe and thanks for reading!

Word count: 3290

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 2.2K 39
When Ink is exploring the au's, he stumbles upon a new au where he meets a new friend named Nightmare. The both of them create a close bond, and Nigh...
23.8K 868 19
Heya! This book will be a bit of a slow burn, which means that all the ~romance stuff~ won't happen until a little later in the story. ~~~ Twenty yea...
169K 10.7K 51
For the Crossmare anniversary uwu This is a hunger games Undertale crossover because I'm starting to run out of original ideas. --- "I-I dreamed it w...
118K 2.9K 20
Y/n L/n. A special human with a special SOUL. Yes, her Soul Trait is something new. But other than her SOUL trait she has another secret. One day, w...