Opposites Attract. [ON HOLD]

By melaninwritess

BWWM** In which a timid and introverted woman and a confident and civilized man befriend each other after dis... More

aesthetics
prologueοΏΌ
𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭
[one - apartments]
[two - lack toes and tolerant]
[three - not good enough]
[four - your change]
[five - lane five]
[six - we meet again]
[seven - searching]
[eight - good for me]
[ten - dead battery]
[eleven - justification]
[twelve - icecream debate]
[thirteen - your girl]
[fourteen - date night]
[fifteen - chick-fil-a]
[sixteen - my type]
[seventeen - derek?]
[eighteen - tattoo]
[nineteen - between her legs?]
[twenty - dead and gone]
[twenty one - apologize?]
[twenty two - visa]
[twenty three - storm]
[twenty four - hide and seek]
[twenty five - waffles>>pancakes]
[twenty six - game day]
[twenty seven - friends,family,football]
[twenty eight - oh shit]
[thirty - buzzcut]
[thirty one - get out]
[thirty two - i like you]
[thirty three - up my sleeve]
[thirty four - the afterlife]
[thirty five - guest?]
[thirty six - runs in the family?]
New book

[twenty nine - out of her mind]

2.1K 126 120
By melaninwritess

"keith,i understand that you're in distress but why lie?"
Calvin's asked as he put down his drink.

"lie?!"
he said in disbelief.

"oh so i guess Derek has a twin now?"
he said with his hands raised,making Calvin shrug.

"maybe he does."

keith groaned as he sat back down in his seat with his face covered.

"i'm telling y'all,we saw him just a few minutes ago. he's on the floor,dancing with some white blonde-"

"what do you have against white blondes?"
Jeremy asked,suspiciously.

"can you stop acting like a fucking bafoon and listen!"
he said making Jeremy shut his mouth.

"he doesn't have a twin,he's not supposed to be here and he's cheating on beauty!"
he said in despair.

"well go ahead,call beautiful and be her knight and shining armor. tell her he's cheating on her and be there to comfort her when she's sobbing on the floor."
Hakeem shrugged.

"but that's the problem! she's not gonna be crying,because she's not gonna believe me. if i call her and tell her about derek,she's gonna think i'm some self obsessed friend,who's only saying that because i want her for myself!"

"but don't you?"
Kari said.

he groaned loudly,turning his body away from theirs.

"okay,you know what,we can't be sure that that was him. he could possibly have a twin or even a cousin that looks like him. so,let's go back down,find him,and try to talk to him. that way we'll know if it really is him. let's not jump to conclusions."
Kyle said.

"okay,but only three of us,we can't make a big deal out of it,he'll see us coming from a mile away."
keith said getting out of his seat,waving for kari and calvin.

the three of them walked down the steps,joining the large crowd of people,in search for Derek.

"what was he wearing?"
Calvin asked as he peered at the large crowd around him.

"he had on a red shirt and jeans,i think. he's kinda my height and kari's color."
keith explained.

"okay well,you just described about twenty men in this club."
Calvin yelled over the music.

"what about his girl?"
Calvin asked.

"what about her?"
keith shrugged.

"well maybe if we find one of them,we find both of them. what did she look like?"
he asked.

"blonde,long hair. blue eyes,she had on this emerald color top and kinda short heels."
he shook his head.

"emerald,emerald,emerald"
calvin mumbled as he searched the room.
"emerald-emerald top,i found her."

the two men snapped their heads in his direction as he slightly pointed at the blonde in the VIP section on another side of the club.

kari nodded.
"that's her,come on let's go-"

"no! we look suspicious as hell. one person goes."
keith said,as he made his way to the section through all the people.

keith cleared his throat as he stood in front of the section,making eye contact with the girl.

she was sitting comfortably with her friends and a few other guys as they all peered in his direction.

"can i help you?"
she asked as she side eyed her friends.

"um yeah actually."
he said putting on a smile.
"I'm keith,keith davis. i go to houston,um i couldn't help but notice your boyfriend a few minutes ago. i didn't mean to stalk you or anything but,we went to high school together and i haven't seen him in years. we were good friends and i'd love to catch up with him."
he said in a fake tone.

her face changed from a scowl to a small smile as she stood from her seat.
"that's so sweet. excuse my rudeness at first,i'm becca,his girlfriend. i didn't know Derek had such sweet friends,he usually would mention it to me-"

"yeah yeah,we lost touch after graduation. i lost my phone in a river one day,clumsy me,and i lost all my contacts. we played football in high school. i didn't mean to bother you or anything but,i was just hoping you could tell me where he went,just so we can you know,talk."
he smiled.

"of course! um,him and a few of the guys went to the DJ booth to request a few songs,they should still be there-oh there they are!"
she said pointing at the group of men standing around the booth.

"thank you so much becca,i really appreciate it. and nice to meet you again,hope we see each other another time."
he said shaking hands with her.

"ladies."
he waved to the rest of the women making them smile as he walked away.

"dumb blondes."
he mumbled as he made his way over to the booth.

keith cleared his throat as he stood behind the group of men,before saying his name.

"Derek?"
he said loud enough for them all to hear,making him turn around before his friends did the same.

"D,do you know this motherfucker? got him coming up behind us and shit."
one of his friends said.

Derek shrugged.
"i have no clue who this runt is,see yourself out."

"oh really? you know who beautiful is though,don't you?"
he asked.

Derek froze as he let out a slight laugh before turning his body back around.
"i said i don't know you. move the fuck out the way before i do it myself."

keith let out a swift chuckle as Derek turned around,continuing his conversation with his friends.

before keith could even process his own decisions,he was shoving Derek into the booth before they were fighting in the middle of the club.

derek's friends tag teamed keith as he fought his way through the brawl,catching Calvin and kari's attention making them join in.

"get off of him! get the fuck off!"
kari yelled before punching one of Derek's friends.

"break it up! break it up!"
the security guards yelled as they jumped in,breaking up the fight.

"stop it! both of you! break it up or i'm calling the cops!"
one of the security guards yelled.

"now do i need to kick you two out or what-"

"no! just keep this fucker away from me or i'll hurt him."
Derek panted as his friends held him back.

"you're a bitch you know that!"
keith yelled,being held back by Kari.

"you've been dancing around beauty acting like you care about her while you're out kissing other women!"
he said.

"man,you know what,all of us ain't got daddy and mommy's money to be supported us with every step we take!"
he replied,tearing himself out of his friends arms.

he mumbled for them to get off of him as he made his way back to the bar,asking for a drink.

keith pulled himself away from Kari,making Kari cautiously let him go as he followed him to the seat.

"what the fuck are you talking about?"
keith asked.
"let me get a vodka on the rocks."

Derek downed the shot on the counter in front of him before covering his face with his hands.

"man why the fuck are you all over me? why do you care? you and beautiful fucking or something-"

"tell me what the fuck you're talking about or i'll break your fingers right here,right now."
he mumbled,as he smiled at the tender who sat down his drink.

Derek sat down the glass before peering over at keith.
"sometimes,you gotta do what you gotta do. if you have any questions,take it up with sincere."

he said getting up out of his seat,squeezing through the crowd.

sincere.

where did he know that name from?

keith jumped out of his seat,trailing behind Derek as he maneuvered his way through people.

"sincere? what the hell does beautiful's best friend have to do with this?!"
he yelled over the music.

"keith you're a smart guy,connect the fucking dots."
he said as he made it back to his VIP section.

Derek sat down on the couch,lighting himself a blunt before sticking it in between his lips.

"i don't understand. you seemed so...perfect. what the fuck happened? who are you?"
he asked.

Derek shrugged as he inhaled the smoke,before pushing it out of his mouth.
"the devil is a lie."

Keith shook his head as he looked around the club before turning back to Derek who was blowing out more smoke.

"sit down."
Derek said as he motioned to the seat next to him.

keith shook his head.
"i'm good. i actually have-"

"yo sit the fuck down and stop talking. you wanna know what's going on or not?!"
he said over the music.

keith kissed his teeth before making his way around the table,taking a seat on the black velvet couch.

"alright,don't go telling everybody this shit either."
Derek concluded before beginning his story.

"okay,a couple months back,i was chilling at the library tryna get some work done for the week and i came across sincere. she introduced herself to me,she was friendly,she was chill; a cool ass person to be honest."
he said taking another hit.

"we exchanged numbers and we talked almost every day. we would meet up and go places,we became close real fast. but then a few weeks ago she came to me asking for a proposition. she wanted me to pretend to be interested in one of her friends so that she could get close to this guy. she said that she had liked him for a long time and that she could never get to him cause he was a ladies man,or some bull shit she said."
he waved off.

"at first i told her hell no cause i'm not that type of person. you know,i don't have the time or energy to be fucking around with other peoples personal lives,especially when it involves relationships. but then she offered to pay me for it-"

"how much?"
keith interrupted with his arms folded.

"well,at first she was offering two hundred."
he mumbled.

"a month?"
keith asked in disbelief.
he shook his head.

"a week."

keith let out a sigh before mumbling.
"oh my fucking god."

"yeah,but then she started offering five hundred,i just couldn't pass it up."
he shrugged.

"why? what made you so desperate to do this shit?"
he asked.

"well first of all,i'm a college student,you don't get much broker than that. second of all,my younger brother,Jaden,he has sickle cell,hospital bills are a bitch,and my mom could use the help."
he explained.

"i didn't want to but i mean,i love my brother,i would kill for him."
he sighed.

"damn,where the hell is she getting the money to pay you five hundred a week?"
he asked.

"shit i don't know. i don't ask questions,i just get the job done and watch the money in my bank account rack up. but,i wouldn't be surprised if she was some drug selling lunatic. it runs in her family."
Derek sighed.

"so all that shit you told beautiful was made up?"
he asked.

he shook his head.
"not all of it. my grandfather did raise me a lot growing up,my mom had me when she was young so,i spent a lot of time with him. and he did have a stroke last year but he didn't pass away. he's actually doing just fine,living his best life at the fucking Vegas casino."
he said.

"and your dad?"
he asked.

"oh yeah,that was all bullshit. he never raised me. he left when i was two,i don't even remember what he looks like,fuck him."
he mumbled.

"so all that shit about you leaving to go visit friends was bullshit too?"
keith wondered.

"yeah pretty much. sincere just needed time to make a move on you. she knew that you would get riled up from the talk in the coffee shop and overall be mad at beautiful,you fell right into her trap."
he shrugged.

"so when does this whole proposition end? is there like some contract or something that you have,an agreement?"
he mumbled.

"well,it was supposed to end the last day of this semester. i'm transferring colleges to be closer to my mom and my brother,they need me. and i can make the rest of my money,around December is when i'm supposed to call this whole thing off,just before i move back home,to Dallas."
he nodded.

"and then what?"
keith asked.
"you just leave beautiful in the dust?"

"don't get me wrong,beautiful is great. she's not for me though. honestly,i'm surprised i got this close to her,once i found out about you,i was sure you were gonna be the obsessed,over protective,boy best friend type,but i guess not. i can tell you like her."
he said.

"me and beauty are just-"

"man keith shut the fuck up!"
he said with a chuckle."
"it's over, don't deny it anymore,you are in love with her. i mean how could you not be,she's nice,she's gorgeous, she's perfect,she is everything these women wish they could be."
he said pointing at the women all over the club.

"you need to get her before some other guy does,it's only a matter of time."
he shrugged,putting down the blunt standing up from his seat.

"if you'll excuse me,i gotta go find my lady,you should do the same. i would hate for beautiful to find out this way. it was nice talking to you."
he said making his way around the table.

"oh and watch out for sincere."
he nodded.

"yeah i know,she's crazy-"

"no. like dead ass,that bitch is a psychopath,she's insane. she's manipulative,she's conniving,she's out of her fucking mind. i'm telling you,

she is mad."

-

hey guys<3 so sorry it took me so long to update. i've had this chapter in the works for over a month,i was just busy. but i got a new phone and i'm so excited about updating. my birthday was last week on the tenth and i'm super excited about Christmas and to start incorporating holidays into the story. thank you for all the reads and votes,you guys are great!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 6.6K 33
a black teenage girl is going to work for this rich white family to pay for college the following year and the son of the rich white family is a obno...
95.3K 6.9K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...
1K 48 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...