Louder Than Words (Lesbian St...

By DanniNightShade

Cover by Yukuma Bear https://www.redbubble.com/people/pint-sizedpanda/shop?asc=u Our discord https://discord... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Epilogue

Chapter 81

885 68 9
By DanniNightShade

"Are you ready?" Sylvia smiled down at Evania.

The vampire took a deep breath, touched her new choker then steeled herself and nodded.

Sylvia pushed opened the door to Octavia's office finding her, Alice, and Sarah already waiting for them. Octavia was sitting at her desk looking over some paperwork while Alice and Sarah were talking to her. Everyone looked up and smiled at them as they entered.

"Good morning ladies." Octavia smiled.

Sarah raised a curious eyebrow at Sylvia's posture and smile. Her perceptive eyes seemed to realize that the succubus was much happier than usual. "You're glowing Sylvia."

"Of course I am." Sylvia retorted with a chuckle. "Would you expect anything less of me?"

"What did you do?" Sarah asked.

Alice smirked a bit, seeing the blushed expression on Evania's face as the younger vampire glanced between everyone in the room before looking to her mom. Octavia seemed to think something was wrong for a moment before Evania held up her hand, showing off the ring. Octavia's expression lit up as she jumped to her feet.

"You're engaged!?"

Evania nodded, the blush creeping across her cheeks even more. Octavia practically tripped around her desk as Alice and Sarah stood up with smiles on their own faces. Octavia rushed over to Evania where she took her hand to examine the ring.

"You'll never guess who asked." Sylvia teased.

Octavia looked up at her in shock a moment before her smile returned.

"Really, you have no idea how hard it was to get me to say yes. Like, it took so many-" She was cut off when Octavia plowed into her with a tight hug and knocking the air out of her completely.

"Thank you! Thank you so much."

Evania placed a hand over her mouth to try and stop herself from laughing, before pausing a moment, realizing she didn't have to. Though no one noticed as everyone was watching Octavia smother Sylvia. "I know you'll take care of her for me, but I don't think you realize how really truly grateful I am to you!"

Sylvia chuckled, pulling herself free from Octavia's embrace. "If you're grateful now, wait till you see my next trick."

Octavia blinked curiously.

Evania cleared her throat.

Alice, Sarah and especially Octavia all turned their heads sharply towards Evania. Completely shocked that she had made a verbal noise at all. They were even more taken aback when the girl smiled, waved and opened her mouth.

"Hi mom."

Octavia blinked before looking back at Sylvia. "You drained her magic before coming in here? So she could talk?"

"Actually I haven't 'eaten' all day." Sylvia answered. "Well, you know. Besides my usual snacking. That, is the result of two years of enchanting."

Octavia looked back at Evania.

"Surprise." The younger vampire simply said.

"You... you can talk...?"

"I can talk."

"Forever?"

"As long as I wear the choker." Evania touched her fingers to it again. "Sylvia, Kai, Isirona and Ciera have been working on it since they met me apparently. Or at the very least Sylvia has."

"But... you have your voice back. Your words..."

"I'm still scared my magic might slip out, but Sylvia promised they won't unless I want it to, and we've already practiced with it. I can control my voice the way I was always supposed to now."

"You haven't been able to speak in years! You're acting like it's not a precious gift!"

"To be fair, between me and Kai she has been able to speak on and off." Sylvia assured. "Now she's fine as long as she's wearing the choker."

"Sylvia, you just fixed a problem I couldn't solve." Sarah narrowed her eyes at the succubus.

"Also to be fair, I have friends." The succubus retorted.

"Watch it Syl, you know I'll-"

"Syl. Don't bully Sarah. She's basically my step mother."

"Does that make you my mother-in-law then? Does that mean you're going to try to kill me?"

"Probably." Sarah shrugged.

Octavia took a deep breath, like she was still processing everything that just happened. Her daughter had gotten engaged, and gotten her voice back after so many years of not being able to speak for fear of her own magic. Yet, everyone was joking around like it was just a simple problem that was solved.

"Are you alright mom?" Evania asked.

Octavia turned to her with a gentle smile. "I think I'm a little overwhelmed."

"I'm still riding a sugar high." Evania answered.

"I made cake." Sylvia confessed.

Everyone chuckled a bit where Evania stepped forward and took her mother's hands and smiled up at her. "I'm feeling particularly brave right now, but my heart- her heart -is fluttering around like we're on cloud nine. So thank you."

"Thank me? What did-"

"This school was your idea. If not for it, for you hiring Isirona and taking her advice with making Sylvia my roommate I'd still be the shut in with Janet as my only friend. I have a family that's going to take care of me for an eternity because you set it up that way. I'm going to be happy forever because of you."

"I'd like to think I contributed too." Sylvia shrugged.

Evania glared at the succubus over her mother's shoulder getting Octavia to laugh. "I just wanted you to be happy."

"Because of you, I'll always be happy." Evania answered. She leaned up onto her tip toes to kiss her mother on the cheek before smiling up at her, only for her to pull Evania into another tight hug. The vampire groaned, and Octavia let out a hoarse sob.

Sylvia and Evania left the office about two hours later, after answering a bunch of questions, wishing Alice and Sarah goodbye and eventually calming Octavia down. Evania found herself almost attached to Sylvia's arm and side. She never thought her mother would overwhelm her but she found herself recroiling away from Octavia as she ranted about how happy and amazed she was. Once Evania caught herself she found herself laughing and pulling her mother into a happy hug, only for Octavia to start crying again after hearing her daughter laugh.

"So? Ready to face my parents now?" Sylvia asked with a smirk, gently nudging Evania who was basically wrapped around her arm as they walked down the hall.

Your family are way crazier than mine. Evania answered.

Sylvia knew Evania wasn't ready to show everyone her voice just yet, and she would likely only speak to the people she was close to and that she trusted. She knew if she started talking again she was going to be the center of attention, even more than she already was. But she was grateful that Sylvia didn't push her to speak.

She was an amazing girlfriend.

"Fiance." Sylvia corrected the vampire's thoughts. "You do remember that I gave you a ring? Right?"

Evania rolled her eyes and leaned her head against Sylvia's arm as they walked. Fiance. Evania agreed.

"So that's a no on my family then?" Sylvia questioned.

Of course we can tell them. Though I expected to tell the Council members first. I'm sure Vanessa wants to know how I'm taking to being able to speak again. Evania explained.

"Oh her? She's been spamming my phone all day." Sylvia chuckled. "Though I am excited for dinner with your mother."

She told you to invite your family because she wants to meet them.

"We're going to have to find a big place then because Alice, Sarah and Shana have to be there too." Sylvia explained. "As will our new extended family including Vanessa, Zali, Kai, Chysolite, Isirona, Janet, Desdemona, Kendra and Orenda."

Evania shivered.

"I guess we can start small. Just our parents. But Alice and Sarah have to come!"

They aren't my parents though.

"Did we not talk about how they're basically your adoptive parents?"

I'm more than old enough to fend for myself. Mom just wants to make sure I'm safe when she's gone. They're not my actual foster parents or anything.

"You're literally Alice's adoptive daughter."

No. She's my godmother. There's a difference.

Sylvia laughed. "Then let's go see the student council."

They made their way across the campus watching all the people going about their days and having fun. Evania couldn't help but look on at the beautiful place she had been privy to for the last two years, and relish how amazing it was. This place had given her all the happiness and joy she could ever ask for, and there was no where else she would rather be.

They headed up into one of the many buildings, and up to the council office. Sylvia held the door for Evania who entered, still pulling Sylvia's hand with a smile. They found Kai, Zali, Orenda and Kendra sitting at the desk, with Kendra going over some paperwork with Orenda. However everyone looked up with a smile.

"Hey! Haven't seen you two in a couple of days." Zali smiled. "You two look happier than usual?"

"They're radiating pure joy." Kai noted.

Orenda smiled warmly at them, leaning on her hand but not willing to interrupt as Kendra moved a pencil over the papers as if to prevent their place from being forgotten.

"Well, we had good news to share. Where's everyone else?" Sylvia asked.

"I can call Dez. From my understanding she was getting her things together to start teaching." Kendra explained.

"And Vanessa should be getting here any minute. She just got out of practice." Zali offered. "Which means Janet just got out of her class as well."

"It's always impressive when Orenda is here before the rest of us." Kai noted.

"Oh ha, ha. It's almost like I'm no longer distracted." Orenda scoffed.

"Speaking of, is Chloe still around?" Sylvia asked. Evania didn't miss the tone change at the mention of the cat's name, but the succubus quickly hid it before it could ruin the mood.

"No. She and Tiara headed back to Exodious to keep looking for artifacts, but we're keeping in touch." Orenda explained. "I've done a bunch of research and Bastet helped me keep Samarra healthy and well so we're no longer on a time crunch. We can get back to living our lives and doing the things we want to. I'll still be learning as much as I can about the Old World, but I don't have to throw myself at it looking for a solution anymore."

"That's good. Samarra's alright then?" Sylvia asked.

"Yes. She needs a pick-me-up now and again. She basically needs mana to survive like you do. The only difference is her body starts to disappear rather than she gets hungry. She says it only hurts when she's closer to disappearing and otherwise it's like a tingling. But she can drain a bit from a God or a Zealot and be fine for a few weeks." Orenda shrugged. "For now, I need to get back to focusing on the things I wanted to."

"So she'll be fine from now on? As in, she just has to be a succubus and she's good?"

"For now at least. We don't know how long it'll last, but it seems to be holding perfectly so far." Orenda nodded. "I'll keep doing as much research as I can but I'm putting sleepless nights and endless cramming to rest." She gave a thumbs up. "At least for that topic."

"I'm glad she helped you, but I'm also glad she's gone." Sylvia exhaled.

"Yeah, Vanessa mentioned what she and Bastet did to you. I'd like to think I made it very clear that our 'relationship' was only as strong as we were useful to each other. But that if they ever made me choose that they'd always loose."

"I appreciate that. I knew they wanted me to come but I don't think I could ever stand to willingly go on a trip with them. Since I have no idea how long an adventure like that would take, I have no interest in being stuck with them."

"Understandable. I know Bastet just wants to get there and doesn't really care about coming back. But Chloe, Tiara and I aren't going anywhere if we're not completely certain we can return. I would never willingly throw myself into an alternate dimension knowing I would never be able to see my family again. It just won't happen."

Sylvia and Evania moved to sit at the table with them. "I'm glad to hear you say that though. I'm the same way. I need definite proof it's not a one way trip."

Eventually the door opened and Vanessa and Janet stepped into the room with Vanessa chuckling like she had just finished a joke while Janet just rolled her eyes. However Vanessa grinned seeing Sylvia and Evania and her smile doubled in size, realizing that Evania was wearing the choker. "You finally gave it to her!" Vanessa announced.

"Hmm?" Sylvia tapped her chin as if she was in thought.

Vanessa quickly moved over to Evania. "Have you tried it? Does it work?"

Evania narrowed her eyes at the younger vampire before palming her face and pushing her away.

"Oh come on! Ciera and Kai worked really hard on that! The least you could do is test it!"

"It's been tested." Sylvia answered. "She just doesn't love you enough to let you see it."

"Am I missing something?" Zali questioned.

"Just give it a minute." Kai answered with a smile. "I'm sure she has someone specific in mind."

Evania nodded to Kai even though she couldn't see it before standing back up and moving to stand in front of Janet who blinked curiously at her. She reached out and gently took her hands where the pureblood stared at their intertwined fingers for a few moments.

"Evania, are you alright? Did Vanessa do something stupid? Are you okay? Do you need-" Janet was interrupted when Evania looked up at her and opened her mouth. Once again the reflex to throw her hands over Evania's mouth was there. She had felt the nature of her best friend's spell and it wasn't always pleasant. But Evania didn't release her hands.

"Thank you Janet. For looking out for me and taking care of me for the last four years, and even beyond that."

Janet stared down at Evania, her mouth hung opened in shock as the room grew very quiet. Almost everyone glanced between each other like they were waiting for the spell to kick in but nothing happened.

"Eva- did you just-"

"I did."

"But... I'm not-"

"No. You're not. No one is." Evania motioned towards the group behind her. "I was given an amazing gift yesterday, and I've been wanting to say this to you for a long time. So since I'm able to-"

"Absolutely not!" Janet snapped back, cutting off Evania who blinked in shock. "You do not get to do this to me! I did not come here today to cry so you shut your mouth!" However the tears were already forming and sliding down her cheeks. "I have been waiting for four years for you to get the courage to speak and now you're using it to thank me? Are you kidding?"

"Technically she didn't need courage..."

"Shut up Sylvia!"

Evania laughed. "I wanted to make sure you knew that I was grateful to you Janet. And because of that I have a favor to ask you."

Janet went to wipe away her tears but Evania did not release her hands getting the human to look at her like she was worried something was about to go very wrong.

"Will you be my Maid of Honor?"

"You didn't!" Zali shouted, standing up from her chair and looking to Sylvia.

"You sneaky little shit that's what you meant by perfect!" Vanessa added.

"Congratulations." Kendra laughed at her friends reactions.

"I'm so confused." Orenda noted.

"Sylvia and Evania are engaged, but they revealed it as Sylvia intended- as a punchline." Zali grumbled.

"It's story telling actually!" Sylvia retorted.

"You... You're engaged?" Janet stuttered.

"Since last night. Sylvia gave me the choker over dinner and proposed to me at the end." Evania explained. "For obvious reasons, I said yes."

"You.... You're engaged?" She repeated.

"Janet?"

"Yes! Yes I'll be your maid of honor! Of course! I mean, I already have your entire wedding planned but that's not the point! You're engaged! I'm so- can I hug you? I can hug you now right?"

Evania just laughed and pulled Janet into a hug,  as Janet cried on her shoulder.

Sylvia watched the transaction before turning to Zali. "So do you want to be my best man?"

"Mc-Fuckin-Scuze me!?" Vanessa shouted.

"I'm kidding!" Sylvia laughed. "Of course you're the first choice."

"Damn right I am."

"But seriously Zali, best man?"

"I think I'll avoid that conflict for now, but I appreciate the offer." Zali chuckled.

"Damn. Guess I better prepare for an absolute clusterfuck of a wedding huh?"

"Are you kidding? It's going to be the greatest party I'll ever plan!" Vanessa shouted.

"Absolutely not!" Janet retorted, pushing Evania back to point threateningly at Vanessa. "You have to run everything through me before you even consider putting it in the wedding! Knowing you there would be fog machines or something stupid!"

"To be fair, fog machines are cool." Sylvia offered.

"No." Evania snapped.

"I am so glad there's another voice to reel them in now." Zali grinned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 56.4K 162
"๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก...๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ž๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐." โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ– ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š...
1.5M 84.1K 57
[COMPLETED]โœ” The Blood Magic Series |Book 5| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. โƒโƒโƒโ–โƒโƒโƒ Maverick arched an eyebrow at me and asked, "Does t...
61.8K 3.7K 43
Cover by Yukuma Bear https://www.redbubble.com/people/pint-sizedpanda/shop?asc=u Our discord https://discord.gg/bqHFeZBnWj She has a text channel for...
3.1K 542 52
UPDATES EVERY FRIDAY There's a simple hierarchy in the world; youkai exist to kill humans and hunters exist to kill youkai. As the daughter of a hunt...