Arrows To Ashes ➳ Stiles Stil...

By stilinskisexual

"I thought the masked ninjas with the swords was enough." Coming back to Beacon Hills wasn't the initial pla... More

Back To Beacon
South America Of France
More Mistakes Made
You've Lost Enough
20 Questions
Fool Me. Fine.
Quarantine
Constant Bickering
Never Say Never
Never
48 hours
Move Away
Our Goodbye
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Rematch
Down And Dirty
Road Trip
Three Truths
Pack Reunion
Pack Support System
Nothings Changed
!Book Five!

My Version Of Fine

1.5K 39 24
By stilinskisexual

"Check him again," I told Melissa who gave me a tired sigh.

"Skyler I think the first four times was enough," she objected and I gave her a pleading stare. "I promise you he's fine."

"Seriously Skyler, I'm fine," he assured and I resisted the urge to send him a glare. He could tell.

"I said check him again Melissa," I wasn't asking but she still shook her head at me.

"I'm completely and totally fine," Stiles attempted to get up from the bed but Melissa lightly pushed him back down.

"Uh-uh-uh. You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles. Lie back down," she insisted and I sent him a huge nod with a grin.

I'm always right. "See. Do more tests." I was now turned to Melissa and she sighed already getting tired of me.

"The doctor said he's not leaving without a CT scan Skyler don't worry, besides–"

"We still haven't paid for the last one," Stiles immediately got back up and I pushed him back down.

"Stay." It was more of a demand.

"Meredith is at the station. Your dad said it could take some time but he will get her to talk. Even if I let you go, what would you do?" Melissa questioned Stiles's actions.

I had no intention of going against her wise words.

We both stared at Stiles waiting for him to give in. I was too stubborn for him to do anything else other than rest.

"Okay, fine. Can you do me one little favour?" He asked.

"Anything," she nodded.

"Can you get me a tape player?" He asked.

Not what I was expecting. Melissa and I shared a confused glance and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Like cassettes?" She stared at Stiles.

"Yes. Tapes," he stated sure of himself.

Why the hell does he need tapes? What he needs is sleep for that big thump on the side of his head.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do," Melissa nodded taking the tray out of the room.

"Okay, tapes, though, please," Stiles reminded and Melissa only smiled as she left.

"Cassettes," she corrected before leaving.

I stared at Stiles. Wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that I was staring because I didn't want to. And it wasn't exactly a 'I miss and want you stare' but more of an 'I hope your completely okay' stare.

"I reminded her to bring tapes right?" He asked and I rolled my eyes with a laugh.

"Stiles, I think she'll be able to find it," I assured and he groaned beginning to fidget with his hands. "He punched you in the face Stiles. Take a rest."

"No. I can't sit here and do nothing," he grumbled.

Fine. Two can play the stick up the ass game. I pulled a chair to sit across him.

"What do we do about Meredith? What the hell am I supposed to do about Malia? You know she won't answer my texts and voicemails. Even my emails. And you're staying so it makes everything so much more–"

"Just so we can get everything in the clear," I quickly interrupted him. "I didn't stay for you, Stiles. I stayed for my Dad and this is where Allison died. In Beacon Hills, I'm not ready to get over that yet. You had some involvement in the decision, sure. But your not the whole reason."

I wait for him to respond. And it takes a long time. But when he sighs in relief I feel a tiny weight lifted off my chest. Not all of it, but some.

"Sky, you'll always be one of my closest friends but I don't think we can go anywhere else," he admitted and I nodded. It was about god-damn time everything was out in the open. "But we don't work anymore. Not as anything more. And Malia right now–"

"I get it," I cut him off. The last thing he needs is to explain his messy semi-breakup to his ex. "We're way too complicated anyway. Besides your a total ass."

"Speak for yourself," he muttered and we both grin.

If this is what being friends who are complicated and just friends, then I'm gonna like being friends.

"Your staying?" He asked, more to assure himself.

I nodded. "I'm staying. Until I have a reason to go back besides from Isaac. I'm staying."

And he nodded back. Completely satisfied with my answer.

"And I need a good nights sleep after all of this is over and a plane is not a good place for that," I quickly add.

I stare down at my phone in my hands. Now I gotta do something for him. Hasn't exactly been a walk in the park for us but after a few life-threatening events and continuous fights. I'm content with us.

"I gotta make a call," I jump up and head towards the door. "And for the love of god please don't try to escape through the window."

"I'm fighting the urge not to when you're in the room." He sends me a cocky smile and I roll my eyes.

Yeah, I'm extremely fine with us.

༄༄

"You find the tape player?" Stiles immediately jumps off the bed in eagerness.

"No," Melissa had a small smile etching on her face. "No. But I found someone looking for you."

Malia followed in behind Melissa. And awkward glances were shared between the two of them. And Malia sent me a faint smile.

There's a first for everything.

"Hey," he looked at Malia slowly rising off the bed.

"Am I inturrup–"

"No," I quickly interrupted Malia's assumption. "How are you doing?" Both Stiles and Malia had confused looks on their faces. Was I offended?

Actually no, I am also questioning why I'm being so nice. There's a first for everything.

Stiles didn't give her a chance to answer my question before asking her his own. "Who called you?" He was more curious rather than confused.

"Skyler did," she pointed at me and I stared down not saying anything.

"You did?"

"I did," I nodded while half-shrugging. "Well, I thought she should know that you almost died. And that she also almost died. So maybe that can be a good conversation starter. And since I'm staying I wanna attempt to be a good..." I had trouble getting it out of my mouth.

Ironic since I was rambling way too much.

"A good friend person. But we are far from friends. Maybe old roommates. But not friends."

"I can do that," she nodded a little relieved. "Wait, you were gonna leave?"

Stiles let out a low laugh and I sent him a glare. "It's kinda her thing."

"Oh trust me, she knows," I scoffed referring to our time in Eichen. We made decent roommates. "So, Tate or Hale?" I asked and she shrugged.

I understood that. It was her choice and right now she didn't need to think about it.

"So, are you staying?" Malia asked and I shrugged. She nodded.

She understood that. It was my choice and I had no right to stress about it. Besides, Isaac had cancelled all the flights I had booked after I got to Beacon Hills.

Asshole.

The two shared even more awkward glances waiting for someone to speak so I took this opportunity to slip out of the room.

I finally glanced at the two staring at one another. Yeah, they were gonna be their version of fine.

Melissa was stood outside writing Stiles's details down on a clipboard. When she saw me I got a sympathetic smile. I rolled my eyes closing the door behind me.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I quickly said before she tried any tactic of getting me to talk. "I don't."

"I know," she nodded as we stood outside the door.

And I stared at the two who seemed to be getting the ball rolling. It's good. They were gonna be good.

"But if you do need someone older and been through many failed relationships," she almost laughed at herself which eased the tension. "I'm always here if you don't wanna talk."

"I know," I nodded and she soothed her hand over my arm before walking off.

I turned back to the door watching the two have somewhat of a conversation. And then I twisted the nob until I heard a click. We were all gonna be good.

My watch went off and I saw an urgent message from Argent. Either he knew I wasn't in France or was wishing I got to France safely.

I walked away and answered the call on my phone. "Hot or cold? Cause it's a fifty-fifty per cent chance I'm either really close to you right now or I'm on the other side of the globe and you didn't bother to text a goodbye."

"654 deemar avenue,"  he quickly stated.

"Your warehouse?" I asked and the silence was my answer. "How important?"

"Be here by four," he said and I looked at the time. I had ten minutes to get there. "Oh and Skyler."

"Yes I know, be armed," I grumbled. Only trained with him for almost two years.

"No, I was gonna tell you I told Isaac to cancel your flight."

Two extremely clever and annoying assholes.

༄༄

I walk into the warehouse through the front entrance but something seems off. I have my gun in my hand but kept low beside my hip.

On the way, Malia and Stiles had informed me that they had found access to a tape player and Meredith had revealed the person who she wanted to talk to. The man, the myth and not the fucking legend.

Peter Hale always managed to crawl himself into situations he was never invited in. And this was definitely one of them.

I searched around the warehouse for Argent but the hung up sheets and bright lights were a little distracting and confusing. I kept telling Chris to get this place renovated, but he seemed to never take my ideas. Sometimes I'm thankful for that.

Once I see Argent, who is crouching down to a safe, I join him but keep my gun to my side. Always stay alert and armed.

I open my mouth to speak until I spot what he's so carefully putting inside. Wolfsbane. But not just any wolfsbane. I learnt about this in the bestiary. It's a rare form and one shot to a supernatural created that's linked to the aspects of a wolf, well they better count their minutes.

"How'd you find it?" I asked and he shuts the safe and faces me.

"It's why I disappeared," he gave a brief answer.

When I was about to speak I see Argent's eyes skim over the floor. And muddy footsteps lead behind a huge tinted sheet. He placed his finger on his lips as he grabs the rifle that's beside him.

My grip on the pistol is tightened. We both carefully stand up making our way towards the sheet. And there are a few shadows discreetly moving.

Well, this is my lucky day. Been a while since I've got to shoot an actual bullet at someone. Not at their heads, yet. But still a bullet.

Suddenly something slim shoots past us. Both Argent and I wince in pain and I feel a small skim of pain against my arm. The feeling of someone rushing up caused me to point my pistol straight at their head. More like his.

"Brett Talbot?!" I yelled in confusion.

Argent has his rifle aimed at the guys head too and he's growling but he looked too scared to attack me. I don't take my gun away though.

"Wait! Wait! Brett! This is his place!" Scott ran to stop him and I furrowed my eyebrows staring at him. "It's his."

Once I saw Brett calm down and Kira emerge from the sheet to stand next to Scott I let out a small sigh. And then I stared at Brett realising my gun was still pointed at his head.

"Brett," I repeat and he stares at me blankly. "You know I actually did end up searching your name."

And he looked like he finally remembered. I was a little offended but he looks a little rough at the moment to be remembering me. I put my gun in its holder that was beside my ring dagger.

I said I was heavily armed. I meant it.

"Scott...If you bring in guests, you could have called," Argent put his gun down turning to Scott.

"I didn't have anywhere else to take them," he did have a desperate look on his face.

More people began coming out from behind the sheet and towards us. I knew better than to scare them away with my gun. After all, I heard they meant well.

"I know this man," an Asian old woman said looking at Chris. She didn't exactly look like she was ageing, but her eyes looked like they held wisdom. "He may not remember, but we've met before."

I cocked my head to Chris who shared the same confused expression.

"You can trust them. I trust them," Scott assured and then he turned to me. "She's one of us in a way."

"I caught her scent at the game," Brett admitted and I raised my brows. "I couldn't figure out what you were though."

"Hey maybe if you gave me your name you might have been able to figure out one of the many mystery's of Skyler Jenson," I winked at him and a small smile appeared on his face.

"How do we know they're not like the others?" The woman questioned.

"What others?" Argent and I both asked.

"Last night, there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows," Kira spoke up, placing an arrow in Argent's hand.

Once he examined it he passed it over to me and I scanned the arrowhead. It had a symbol on it, which meant they are hunters. Argents were hunters.

At least used to be.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asked the obvious.

I shook my head in response. "Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore," I answered.

"Can they find us?" Brett asked.

I turned to Argent with an anxious look. He knew what I was thinking because he was too.

"They might already know you're here," he admitted. "Maybe they're waiting for dark."

"So we're not safe here?" Kira questioned. She knew the answer.

"We're not safe anywhere," the old woman retaliated. "We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us."

I felt sympathy for them all. Staying in a town that wants you dead more than anything and having nowhere to go. It all seemed so escape-worthy. But I wasn't changing my mind about staying so helping them was my choice.

"If they're coming, Scott, they're coming for you," he said and then turned to me. "You too Skyler. You're still number two on the dead pool."

"And yet no one has come to kill me yet. I'm starting to think my name doesn't exist on this list anymore," I sighed in offence. I mean seriously, if I'm staying I could use some actual action. "But he's right. Being true alpha has a huge downfall right now."

I stared back at the pack, close together. They depended on one another. But even together they didn't look like fighters.

"I know," Scott nodded. "I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith, she just needs more time."

"Then that's what she'll get," Argent replied. He then turned to me, looking down at my gun. "How armed are you."

"Enough," I confirmed then flinging my hand to bring out my claws. "I still have Lydia's purses in my car too. We could use them," I said with a grin and Scott placed his head in his hands.

It was a good suggestion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.1K 24
this is my first story so i hope it's good i will be taking ideas from other stories i have read on wattpad. but anyways i hope u enjoy the story. A...
95 8 21
This is not how Luna thought things would go. When some events lead Luna and her mom to move to beacon hills she stumbles upon some people she knows...
34.7K 512 8
IN WHICH - new girl Kara Argent and her cousin move to a small town in California named Beacon Hills, unaware of why their parents had decided to mov...
199K 4.4K 42
Beacon Hills is a strange town, according to Madison Argent. Learning that werewolves exist, that her family hunts them, and becoming one herself mak...