like the wind | xiao x reader

By mndotjp

xiao x fem! reader - updating xiao's gaze lingered as he examined you from head to toe, "you.. summoned me?" ... More

0 | disclaimer
1 | summon
2 | contract
3 | bounded
4 | entangled
5 | memories
6 | deal
7 | closer
happy birthday, xiao
8 | parallel
9 | dreams
10 | dreams
11 | letter
12 | meeting
character preview
13 | bother
14 | nightmares
15 | lost
16 | interfere
17 | altered memory
18 | gift
19 | children of guizhong
20 | awhile
ad meliora | circe
21 | regrets
22 | key
23 | fleeting
25 | night sky
26 | remnant
27 | a speck of memoir
28 | blague

24 | well

5.5K 297 310
By mndotjp

two days after (first name) woke up

| (first name) |

"you have a visitor," xiao mentioned as you sat up from the bed,

"who is it?" you asked him as you saw golden yellow hair sticking out from xiao's back.

"it's us!" paimon yelled out as she hurried her way inside, "when we found out that you've fell into a strange slumber, we rushed out of monstadt as soon as we could!" she followed as aether waved at you.

"there were a few stopovers, but we got you medicinal herbs from monstadt," aether mentioned as he placed a basket of wolfberries and cecillas over the side table.

"thank you for visiting, but i am already fine, i am very well taken care of," you told him as he looked relieved.

xiao was standing by the door as aether looked over him, xiao nodded as he went outside after, while paimon followed him outside.

"you two must've spoke about something," you told aether as he gave you a smile.

"i want to ask about my sister.. i'm sorry of this is a bad time," aether mumbles out as he looked a bit ashamed that he's asking for something personal when you're still unwell.

"i do not mind if you ask such. after falling into a deep slumber, i've remembered some locked memories."

"i feel like i could answer them,"

"you lived for so long, have you?" aether stressed out as you nodded,

"are you also immortal?" he asked while holding his palms together,

"no," you gave him a short reply.

"the only reason i am still here is that i have yet to reach my purpose."

"your purpose?"

"i was blessed with a life longer than others,"

"the reason for it is because i live to elevate something or someone else's problems." you explained,

"i see," aether mumbled. "i understand the point of living to solve someone else's pain,"

"the agony of going to complete hell to find your purpose sounds like a desperate attempt for suffering." aether spoke out, "yet here we are, living the same destiny."

"i just want to find my sister," aether sadly tells you as you placed your hand over his,

"your sister is already by the end of her journey.."

"how are you so sure?"

"because it is your turn to see your journey's end."

"the first time i opened my eyes was to stare towards a pair of golden orbs like yours."

"i woke up by huaguang stone forest, i followed your sister around after she broke me free from the crystal."

"if you roam deeper within the bottom of the forest, you'll eventually find an old carved note from her." you told him as his eyes immediately lit up, "they're everywhere there, very scattered too,"

"i followed her before she was set to wander a new land."

"but everywhere she went, she carved out something for you,"

"no matter how much you suffer now.. or how much you think she isn't waiting for you anymore."

"i've seen how she was always leading you back."

"back to her at least," you smiled as aether suddenly gave you a hug.

"you don't know how much i needed to hear that," aether said as his voice sounded as if he found new hope,

"i'm glad i could help,"

"i wish i could do the same," aether told you.

"i do not know.. what my purpose is yet." you sighed,

"but i know that it revolves around the yaksha," you called xiao differently because you wouldn't want him to appear suddenly.

"if your destiny revolves around him," aether mouthed carefully while not mentioning his name as well,

"maybe you're meant to take away his pain."

'his pain..?' you thought to yourself.

"what do you mean?" you asked him,

"he is known to be the last yaksha, he has killed many people and demons by his hands, and because of it, he suffers from these voices in his head.. he takes medication for it," aether explained as you were dumbfounded.

he was right.

what of your purpose was to take away his pain?

"..you've quickly returned the favor, i see." you laughed as aether seemed relieved.

"i have one more thing to give you before i travel to inazuma," aether mentioned as he brought out a mirror,

"i got this from barbatos. the god of freedom."

"if you look over at it, a person you'd like to talk to would appear there.. you'd be able to make peace." aether explained.

"i don't have much use for it now.. since my purpose in this life is to find lumine.."

"so please, use this well for me." aether smiled at you as he handed you the small mirror.

"i will treasure it," you told him as you stared at it for a long time.

"i'll leave you to rest for now," aether bid his farewell. "i'll be talking to xiao for a bit too."

"i hope we can see each other again when i come back from inazuma."

you could only smile at him as he walked out the door.

you wouldn't be able to see him come back anymore.

you continued to stare at the mirror while gently touching the glass,

all of a sudden, a familiar face with golden locks was staring right back at you from the small mirror.

"..circe?" you mouthed with a few tears on your eyes.

"my (first name).. how have you been?" he asked and as how you always remembered it. he sounded the same.

you couldn't utter anything out but instead you kept smiling at him.

"it seems like.. you're finally doing good." circe gently tells her as he gave her a soft smile.

"hey.. circe.." you called out to him.

"thanks.."

"for all of this."

circe smiled at you from the mirror, his eyes that were always so scary looked so gentle at this very moment.

"all my life i've been told to live well.."

"thanks to you i did.."

"i finally lived well.."

×

a week later (present ch23)

| third pov |

as the small gap between them slowly dispersed, (first name) urged to seal the kiss.

under the glistening setting sun, xiao had his eyes closed half way through.

slowly parting away, (first name) mouthed, "..was i right?"

xiao, who was still in awe, placed his hand on his lips and blankly stared at (first name).

"you were," was all he could mutter as (first name) pulled him into a hug.

the hug brought him back from his state of overthinking,

"is this it? did you fulfil your gift?" xiao asked her as he returned the hug.

"no."

"i still have 2 months with you. i still have 2 months to take all the pain away,"

"..how did you know that would work?" xiao asked her as she pulled away from the hug,

"i followed my guts.." (first name) told him.

"and thankfully.. it really was my purpose."

"live well for me, my yaksha."

×

rel: happy 200k omg :(( u guys when u love me awejdjdj

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 292 32
❝ π™°πšπšπš’πš—πš’πšπš’: 𝙰 πš—πšŠπšπšžπš›πšŠπš•, πšŠπš•πš–πš˜πšœπš πš’πš–πš–πšŽπšπš’πšŠπšπšŽ πš•πš’πš”πš’πš—πš πšπš˜πš› 𝚊 πš™πšŽπš›πšœπš˜πš—, πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πš˜πš› πš’πšπšŽπšŠ. ❞ In every lif...
1.9M 86.9K 68
[genshin various x fem!abyss mage!reader] Due to your untimely and rather unfortunate death, the universe takes pity on you and reincarnates you into...
24.6K 738 14
❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš˜πš—πš•πš’ πš›πšŽπšŠπšœπš˜πš— 𝙸 πš™πšžπšœπš‘πšŽπš πšπš‘πš›πš˜πšžπšπš‘ πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš. ❞ Thousands of years ago, the Adepti fought Osia...
183K 6.7K 25
❝ ━ π‡πŽπ– πƒπŽ π˜πŽπ” say it again? oh, te amo mi amor<3. sincerely yours, k. ❞ ( π—žπ—”π—­π—¨π—›π—” 𝗫 π—™π—˜π— ! π—₯π—˜π—”π——π—˜π—₯ ) ━━━━ 01...