We're leaving this city.. (hu...

By Dark_moon983

This is a story of a Zombie apocalypse which the sans au's go through, following in the perspective of either... More

Prologue - pftt! Zombies?
Chapter 1 - disease?
Chapter 2 - rushing everyone out.
Chapter 3 - You, don't know what's going on?
Chapter 4 - Cross!
Chapter 5 - come with us?
Chapter 6 - help him.
Chapter 7 - Room C1.
Chapter 8 - we were best friends.
Chapter 9 - that makes sense.
Chapter 10 - Crawler's attack.
Chapter 11 - killer's here!
Chapter 12 - outside, they've gone outside!
Chapter 13 - Dead??
Chapter 14 - Transport.
Chapter 16 - food
Chapter 17 - meeting in C1
Chapter 18 - Dream's death may bring a toll.
Chapter 19 - One week.
Chapter 20 - He's dead, he's dying and everyone else should be fine.
Chapter 21 - Car crash, Cross?
Chapter 22 - Time-skip.
Rewrite??
Rewrite book!

Chapter 15 - Goth and Palette!

174 3 0
By Dark_moon983

Warning: more gore (I love it!)
Goth's perspective (kind of. Third person)

Goth walked through the busy school hallways, each wall layering with lockers and classroom doors.

He made his way towards his locker, opening it with his code and collecting his bag. Lunchtime had just finished and he was ready to finish this day.

"Gothy!" A voice comes from down the hallway and a bunch of quick light footsteps come down towards him. Goth was quick to attach that voice to his best friend, Palette.

"Hello Palette!" Goth smiles, closing his locker and locking it, "I didn't see you at lunchtime, where were you?"

Palette chuckles and messes with Goth's black hair, "I was with some others, sorry." He then smiles and says, "we have the next lesson together so we can stick together!" Goth nods, interlacing his hand with Palette's.... Platonically.

They chat happily, neither cared that they were holding hands, and walked towards the classroom. They sat down by Goth's seat as they didn't sit next to eachother. Their conversation didn't stop as the moved about, nor did they let go of each other's hand. They were happy... being platonic.

The bell rang and Palette gave a small salute to Goth, which caused him to laugh, and Palette then wandered over to his seat. The teacher walked in and started the lesson with a quick register then dove into the work.

———————————————————-

The lesson finished with the teacher talking about homework, which caused most of the class to groan, and then the bell. Most people sprinted out, not waiting for the teacher to say to leave and they went straight to their last lesson of the day.

Goth carried on packing, when he had done he got up and went to sit on the desk infront of Palette. He turned his head and torso to face Palette with a smile. Palette was knelt down, packing away his stuff, and he looked up to Goth. His face turned a pale red as he looks away.

"H-hey Goth!" Palette stutters, his smile was calm when he stood up.

"Hiya Palette!" Goth happily says, lifting onto his feet and taking Palette's hand, dragging him towards the hallway, "I was reading this story, remember? It was the, uhhh.... Skullduggery pleasant series! The newest book is coming out soon but I still haven't finished the last one." Palette was stumbling behind Goth as he rambled on about things.

Palette looks up at Goth, his face was beaming with positivity and Palette felt it was because he was talking to him. A small scatter of heat dances across Palette's cheeks as he catches up with Goth, not loosing sight of his smile.

Palette didn't know that he thought the world of Goth, would be a shame if he got hurt.

"Everybody get out of the way?!" A teacher ran past, shoving a couple of younger years out of their way and running to a classroom before locking the door.

Palette took that as a warning, pulling against Goth's hand and pulling him away. A wave of student's ran passed, pulling Palette and Goth away from eachother. Palette saw Goth get pushed into the wall and slip along the hallway's towards the science corridor. Palette, who was a rather slim person but actually quite strong, dragged himself towards an outside route that would meet up with the science corridor.

"What's going on?"

"I heard it was a spider!"

Laughter burst around Palette, he pushed through the people who had stopped to carry on rumours and quickly opens a heavy door. He used his body weight and flung himself towards the corridor.

Goth had stumbled away from the crowd, heavily bringing in the air that was stolen from his lungs. Palette spots him and runs up.

"Goth!" He calls, running up and taking Goth's hands into his own, "are you ok?"

Goth breathes, "yeah, that's rather a lot of people." He laughs a bit, "imagine if that was all the time, I think I'd be hiding in a classroom." Palette laughs with him.

"Well atleast we're at our next lesson?" Palette asks, glancing at the crowd that had now shrunk by twice it's size.

Goth nods, "that's a good thing! Why not we go sit down?" Palette looks at the doorway besides him, pulling against Goth's hand. His embrace made Palette's school day survivable.

They both get to the science classroom to see their teacher leaning against the desk. That was normal but the thing that struck Palette as odd was that a Bunsen-burner that was upon the teacher's desk, was letting off gas. Palette was quick to run over and pull it away from the plug, causing the cable to fling away.

"Mrs?" Goth questions, he was stood by the teacher and was carefully tapping her shoulder, "are you alright?"

No reply.

Goth looks up at Palette, "what do you think happened?" Palette shrugs and looks around, other Bunsen-burners were lit and all the flames were dancing together like a ballroom of light.

Palette was quick to turn all the hazards off before looking round at Goth and his teacher. The teacher was stood up and was muffling Goth's mouth with a hand, the other slithering across a part of skin they can find from the struggling Goth. Palette ran over, quickly getting in between their teacher and his afraid friend. The teacher gave a limped walk before leaning her hand against Palette's shoulder, getting closer to his neck. Palette was quick to kick her in the shin and pull Goth away, the teacher doesn't howl in pain but looks down at it emotionlessly, inhumanly. The teacher takes a short step closer before falling onto the floor and hitting their chin.

"Palette!" Goth cries, pulling against Palette's shirt sleeve and hiding against his side.

Palette glances around before taking the teacher's collar and throwing them out of the room, he understood that that wasn't his teacher so he wouldn't get a detention for that. He quickly locks the door and runs back to Goth.

"Umm... Goth." Palette starts, leaning against the side counter with Goth, "I think something's happened."

Goth nods nervously, "maybe I could text my dad? He might know what's going on!" Palette nods, taking a seat on the counter and Goth doing the same.

A couple moments pass, Goth had sent the message but hadn't gained a reply from the phone... The door that Palette had locked was being crashed against by a group of creatures, the door was sturdy and wasn't even flexing at their tries but that didn't scare the two young teenager's who were inside. Palette was just glad that they didn't aim for the smoky glass, it would've probably broken a while ago.

"Goth... i don't think he's answering, maybe this is just a prank? Y'know how some people are like, maybe it was a fun day we both forgot about?" Palette asks, unsure of his own words, "hey, let's go through the outside route? I'm sure we'll be able to see if it was a prank?" Goth sighs, nods and puts his phone away.

Palette opens the far window, it opened sideways and could fit one person through at a time, and looks around outside and in the room. Goth goes through first, he climbed upon the counter and slides elegantly through the window, Palette going after him and falls with a small thump. Goth gives a quiet giggle before carrying on through the grassy big garden.

The science corridor was aligned parallel to the languages corridor and was opposed by the RE corridors which stood parallel to each other - RE was a set of six big classrooms down two different corridors as they didn't take an upstairs, Science and languages were two floors high. There was a small field/big garden in between these corridors, Goth and Palette were just passing this.

"He-lp..." a voice calls, it sounded very brittle and a bit dry, "please?"

Goth goes full hero, quickly walking over to the source of the voice which was half way down the RE corridor and opened one of the blurred out glass doors. There was a deep crimson puddle on the floor and a person, they were lay there... In the puddle. They had a big wound across their leg, causing them extreme pain while walking. Luckily, they were lying down.

Goth looked at them shocked and sits down, propping them against a wall. He dives into his bag, bringing out a blue ribbon that he was going to use for textiles and folds it over lengthways - the edge of ribbons are surprising sharp sometimes. He tied the ribbon just below the person's knee and helped them stand.

"Th...ank you." The other says heavily, tears still stung the sides of their eyes and they leaned against their helper. They stumbled a moment before looking at Goth dazedly, "you're pretty~" they say, leaning against Goth's shoulder.

Goth smiles and walks them over to Palette, "thank you, now do you know what's going on?" The other person puts their arms around Goth's neck.

"I'm..." they murmur to Goth's ear, Palette stares at Goth and the other. His face flushed with jealousy as The wounded gives a big smirk.

Palette grumbles to himself before saying, "he isn't going to reply to your question so why not we just go?" The other looks at Palette, they stumbles over almost hopping and leans on his shoulder.

"Is that your partner?" They say like a drunk person, Palette's face shifted from Jealousy to embarrassment, "because if so, then I'll get them from you~" Palette stares at the other before pushing them off, they stumble away.

"Palette!" Goth says, running over to the wounded before staring at Palette. Palette huffs, crossing his arms and taking the lead towards the garden they were in.

Goth follows behind slowly, with the other person trying to steal a kiss from Goth. Goth dodges them subtly, "Palette! Slow down."

Palette turns round, his face giving off heat, "fine, let's find somewhere to place them." He points at the other person who had stuffed their face into Goth's hoodie, very close to Goth's neck, "Goth... why not we go to the languages bit? People were surrounded there, maybe we could find someone?" Goth nods, a smile spread along his face.

Goth walks over, getting the hang of helping a limping person. Palette carries on slowly, opening another yet again blurry glass door. This time the floor wasn't covered in blood, it was the normal hallway with people all stood around. Unsettlingly, It was eerie silent for people in a hallway.

"Hello?" Palette questions, walking over to a person who was staring with dull green eyes, "are you ok?"

Palette was taken back when the other tried to bite against Palette, falling forwards and almost catching him. Slowly bring their hand out as Palette steps back worried. Goth looks at the scene, staring at them in horror... not noticing the many other's behind them.

Two dragged against the wounded person, taking them out of Goth's arms. A loud scream exits the other's mouth, bringing Goth into existence again; he looks round to the other.

Behind Goth, Palette was trying to step away from the other's hands that was trying to grab against his foot. Palette fell with a heavy thud, causing Goth looking round at his Palette trying to be eaten.

Goth had to choose, his Palette or a new friend that was wounded.

Goth was quick to pull Palette away from the other.

Palette took Goth's hand, standing up and dragging Goth down the hallway. The other wasn't in sight and Goth was too late to save them.

"Thank you Goth." Palette says, bringing Goth towards a side open hallway. They quickly entered the unisex toilets, Goth gave a curious look to Palette before thinking weirdly.

"What are we doing in here?" Goth questions nervously, his hands playing together as Palette checks the cubicles.

"We can lock the doors here, we can only lock the doors in the science rooms because of experiments and the toilets because of privacy. The others don't need locks so the school just didn't care for them." Palette explains, Goth was rather disappointed it wasn't what he thought of but understands his logic.

"Smart." Goth smiles, looking around, "oh, do you think the other person will be ok?" Palette glances at Goth.

He hums, "I'm sure their fine, it's only the students..." Palette stops, he frowns then gives off a small laugh, "actually students are murderous, but I'm sure it's fine."

Palette took off his school backpack, placing it down and leaving it there. Goth took off his, rolling his shoulders comfortably.

Goth nods, taking out his phone and leaning against the wall, "well I'm just going to see if this has a reason?" Palette smiles, walking over to him and leaning against the wall next to him.

"Maybe the student news?" Palette suggests, leaning close to Goth and glancing at the phone.

Goth smiles, enjoying Palette's company, "I was thinking of that."

He clicks onto safari, a tab already open for doggos, "aww~ that is adorable!" Palette cues, looking at a picture of a puppy on their back.

"They are." Goth says, clicking off and onto another tab. The student news tab was always open on Goth's phone, it was interesting, "hmm, it's not been updated since this morning... well except the sport scores." Goth scrolls past football scores to a little notice for bullying, then a photo of couples around the school. Palette and Goth was once photoed at a couple but was quick to say they were just friends.

He finally reached the newest record, it was a video of someone running. It was on live, it looked as if it was carelessly lay on the floor with it showing the uneven tiled roof.

"Interesting, that was a couple minutes ago." Palette murmurs, Goth clicks onto the video. It showed a play button over the top of the subtitles, 'woah, what the ......?!'. The subtitles hid the swear from the viewer.

Goth turned the volume up for them to hear, glancing at Palette before pressing play.

The recording was terrible, the phone camera shook violently, the person then turns the camera to show a group of people. They were all walking awkwardly, some even fell over.
'Woah! What the (a swear)?!' The recorder yells, slowing down, 'Everyone! These are Zombies, don't believe me but it's true!' The recorder moves the camera onto them, revealing the wounded person Palette and Goth were holding. It also revealed someone behind them, the other was grabbed and separated from their camera. The camera falls, still playing. In the background, a blood curling scream echoed through the speakers. The scream slowly shifted from close to the phone to what they heard was miles away.

The video carried on, showing the hallway roof. Goth zips it on, seeing the recording stop at a warning, 'power off, low battery' and the phone went blank.

Palette stares at the phone for a moment before giving off a fake laugh, "maybe it's a funny joke?"

Goth nods, uncomfortably smiling back, "I'm sure we just missed out on a non-school uniform announcement? But it was Zombie themed?"

"Yeah... heh?" Palette says, doubting his suggestion, "but... those wounds looked real."

Goth sighs nervously, "maybe it was makeup? You know how amazing makeup can get." Palette nods, nervously looking at the door he locked.

Goth goes off google and goes onto his news app, checking weather or not it wasn't just his school. (I'm sorry, that wasn't funny TvT)

There was other's with the same problem, "um... Palette..." Goth murmurs, "it's not a prank..." his body showed fear as he showed Palette the phone.

Palette stared at it for a moment before looking at Goth, "I-..." Goth looks down, slowly drifting down the wall, "that person... they're gonna be dead by now... and it's all my fault!" Tears flew down his cheeks, Palette knelt down next to Goth.

"Hey! Hey!" Palette smiles, closing Goth's phone and placing it on the floor, "you didn't know, it's alright." Palette puts a hand under Goth's chin, looking him in the eyes comfortingly.

Goth looks at Palette sadly, "please, tell me they're ok..." palette sighs, leaning over Goth and giving him a big hug.

Goth grips onto Palette's back, crying into his shoulder, "it's ok, you didn't know..." Palette looks away guilty.

Palette switches their seats so he was sat next to Goth and was giving him a side hug. It takes a moment before Goth finally calms down, Palette took his phone out and started playing something. Goth was leaning on Palette's shoulder, watching him intently.

——————————————————

Goth checks the time, they should've been home hours ago - they would normally go outside and hangout outside of school but today they couldn't.

Goth and Palette were weird, they were best-friends and completely inseparable but they weren't opposites. Goth, a kind yet quiet person who has sometimes got a good amount of humour and Palette, a nice over-the-top person who may sometimes not understand everything.

They know when to leave each other alone, nobody can survive around everyone all the time. They normally have Saturday and Sunday off, leaving each other to be able to have a fun conversation. They have a fun competition, who can do the coolest thing or most dramatic. Their conversations were fun when that happens.

Right now, Goth was glaring at the floor and Palette was leaning his head on the wall, staring at the ceiling. Goth was still leaning on Palette's shoulder.

"It's supposed to rain right now, they lied again." Palette murmurs, his hat falling off and balancing against the cold floor.

Goth glances to the window, "hm..." he sighs heavily, his arm going round Palette's stomach, "do you think my father is ok?"

Palette's head slides down onto Goth's, "I'm sure he'll be fine, has he seen your texts?"

Goth gives a small, restricted shake of the head, "I have no connection, maybe I could get a reply later."

Palette nods, putting his hand onto Goths and holding it. Goth holds Palette's hand back, his thumb massaging Palette's smooth skin. Goth won't lie, Palette's hand was a bit cold and a bit sweaty but Goth didn't care. It was Palette! He loved Palette to bits so one of his flaws wasn't going to put him off being in his embrace.

"We should play some games?" Goth suggests, glancing at Palette and turning off his phone.

Palette looks down, noticing Goth's subtle movements, "what should we play?"

Goth smiles, moving away from Palette and sitting with his legs crossed infront of him. Palette sits up, still leaning against the wall. "We should play truth or dare, or two truths one lie, or any word games to be honest?"

"I think two truths one lie would be easy, truth or dare could work but we're not getting anywhere close to the Zombies. Other words games could be fun, if we have any ideas." Palette smiles, sitting forward and putting his hands in front of him.

"Ok then!" Goth smiles, kneeling down and starting the game.

———————————————————

They played some word games for a while, then it went past a specific time so Palette suggested that he would take out his coat and make a small bed thing. It was already late and they knew nobody was going to come for them so Palette decided to get comfortable.

In the end, Palette and Goth made a small, fluffy and very comfortable looking, bed. It wasn't big but could fit the two of them, they didn't mind sharing.

Goth texts his father a couple more times, informing him on what was going on and then put his phone down to save battery.

Palette kind of suggested that they should keep body heat as it would've probably been cold in there, Goth wasn't opposed to the idea at all.

So they kind of, fell asleep. Cuddling. It was actually really adorable, palette had both his arms around Goth's chest and his head was buried in Goth's hoodie, Goth was using the side of his backpack to make a pillow.

All his school books spread along the floor. They were both glad that the toilets had been cleaned over lunchtime.

They were very comfortable. Well until a car drove by, it was very loud and caused a massive disruption.

Both Palette and Goth sleepily woke up, Goth yawning as he heard faint clapping and Palette rubbing his eyes.

"What's that?" Palette murmurs, leaning his chin on Goth's chest.

Goth shrugs slightly, "I think some people are clapping about a car?" Palette yawns, snuggling into Goth's chest more.

"Well someone has gotten out of here... let's go back to sleep." Palette says, falling back to sleep instantly.

Goth sighs, he was awake now and couldn't fall back to sleep easily so decided to go on his phone. It was late, past 2am.

There was no reply, still.

His thoughts was expecting the worst, causing him to not be able to sleep.

What if he's already caught?
What if he's using this to run away?
What if he doesn't actually have his phone?
What if he's inured?

In that moment, Palette snuggled into Goth more. Goth coming out of his overthinking state and glancing down. Palette was completely buried in Goth's jacket.

A small smile appeared on Goth's face, maybe he would just sleep for a moment. He was tired, overthinking was very draining...

His eyes closed slowly, cuddling up to Palette in the process, and he soon fell asleep. It was easier because he felt safe around Palette, nothing could go wrong with Palette by his side.

———————————————————
Author note:
Thank you, I didn't expect so many people to read this! I am excited to carry on, this has been the longest one so far with over 3000 words!
I want to say about a person who has been very kind the last couple of days, even if I kinda had some relapses, but they've been very supportive of me even if they didn't know about the relapses. I am glad to call them my friend!

Sorry for the Length. I wasn't really ready to write either. TvT
I hope you enjoy your day!
Stay safe,
Byeeeeeeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 148 32
Trying to make this a bit more professional seeing as it's actually getting attention. This is just a collection of different ideas/stories/character...
17.9K 829 45
First of all,cover art credits to the rightful owner Ok another Inkmare Fanfic again(cuz I wanted to) The bad guys kidnapped Ink and they started tor...
68.5K 2.2K 39
When Ink is exploring the au's, he stumbles upon a new au where he meets a new friend named Nightmare. The both of them create a close bond, and Nigh...
20.7K 639 42
Welp...here it is ꧁•••••꧂ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...