One Killer Maze

By youremyuwu

'One Killer Maze', a reality TV show that has tens of thousands of fans around the world watching. The title... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.5
Chapter 36
Epilogue: Hoodie
Epilogue: Eyeless Jack
Epilogue: Ticci Toby
Epilogue: Masky
Epilogue: Kagekao
Epilogue: BEN Drowned
Epilogue: Liu/Sully
Epilogue: Bloody Painter
Epilogue: Candy Pop
Epilogue: Puppeteer
Epilogue: True End
Thank You And Mentions
Chapter
Epilogue.5
Beginning of the End

Chapter 35

1.3K 68 94
By youremyuwu

For a group so dangerous and large, they were sure very quiet.

Jane and Jeff stood on the completely opposite sides of the killer crowd, Liu standing behind his brother (Y/N did not know this), glaring at the black and white female. She either didn't notice his narrowed eyes or didn't care. During their time of waiting at this ominous door, a young girl, Sally, had approached, holding the hand of Candy Pop. Sally brightened when she saw Y/N and lifted her feet.

Her feet, no longer bare. The shoes that the H/C haired girl had given the child at the very beginning were still worn by Sally. Y/N gave her a smile but turned her head away slowly. Everything was slowly becoming muffled around her. This was strange...it wasn't a good strange, but it wasn't a dangerous strange either.

Y/N's head throbbed and she leaned against a free wall, rubbing the right side of her temple slowly. These memories... They were most definitely her own. But why was she just now remembering all these things? She couldn't once remember these things in the maze, so why now? What was so special about right now that these memories were appearing?

Despite knowing they were her own, she couldn't decide if these were false memories, planted in her by some unknown entity.

An unknown entity...like that faceless creature?

No. No, it couldn't possibly be.

Y/N felt something within her snap and her thoughts became distant.

"What are we waiting for exactly?" Puppeteer grunted, slouching in a corner near the large doors. A sigh came from Masky, which was muffled due to his...well, mask.

"BEN can't open this door, it requires a special code.... Which is what he said," he threw his head to the side, "but he's lying."

A mumble came from Otis and he moved to take out something from in his coat. A small pad of paper with a fountain pen looped inside the swirling metal that bound it together. For some reason, it was relaxing to see something so plain.

"Badmouthing me already, Masky?" BEN's chipper and mischievous tone rang in the air, catching almost everyone's attention. He approached in a catlike manner, striding towards them quickly and quietly. Someone unfamiliar approached close behind.

Candy Pop visibly bristled and if not everyone, most of the killers stood up to their full height to stare at the stranger.

The tall man had blond hair and wore a pale blue button-up shirt with black pants and shoes. His form shuddered underneath the unwavering glares of each killer. Though, when he caught Y/N's eye, his terrifying form seemed to ease ever so slightly.

"And why'd you bring that little lapdog of a human here, BEN?" Jefferey studied his knife carefully as if to implicate future events. The blond narrowed his eyes but shrunk away from the other's stares. The Link-lookalike grinned.

"This lapdog knows the code," BEN waved his hand in front of the man, "he's been a little mole for me and the outside for a while now."

Otis hummed, "is that so..."

The man nodded, stepping forward slowly, "I only ask that you let me leave...alive."

Masky stared at BEN, BEN doing the same in return.

"But that's no fun," Kagekao whined, a dark swirl of shadow resting at his feet. BEN shrugged in response.

"We either get in, or we don't leave at all."

The silence grew heavy after that and Y/N stood up amidst the quiet atmosphere. She stared at the man. He looked...familiar.

The flash of the TV screen. A blond man on TV with a shining smile. Green eyes that shone brightly...even if they did hold a falsity behind them.

This was... The announcer, wasn't it? Was that why they called him such a rude name? Speaking of which...what was his name?

"Fine." Masky muttered, "I suppose we'll have to go with it. Boss can't exactly enter this place just yet because of that machine stuck to his back."

"W-wonders hu-how they got it on in the first p-place." Toby responded, each stutter accompanied with a jitter of movement. Jeff only scoffed, pocketing his knife; but his hand still gripped the handle of said knife.

"Had to be there."

The crowd of killers parted for the announcer to move forward to input the code.

"C-couldn't I just say the code?" He questioned.

"Do you wanna die?" Jeff cocked his head, flashing the knife that sat limply in his hoodie's pocket. The other cringed and made his way through attentively. Y/N watched as well, her machete still attached to her hip. She felt sore. Every nerve, bone, and blood cell in her body was either burning or aching in pain. She wanted to lie down and just...pass out; but something in her body told her that it wasn't over. She still had something to do.

The doors suddenly shuddered after the code was input on the keypad. It released a small amount of pressurized air and slowly opened inwards. There was a small hall, a set of double doors visible at the end of it. The blond who had granted them access slipped through the group, standing near the back. Near Y/N. She looked at him with wide eyes which were held with various questions.

"What's your name?" She spoke softly but quickly stopped herself from saying anything further. Why did she ask that? It just felt...somewhat right to do that.

Though, the man took it another way. He stared at her with raised eyebrows, looked down the hall, then back at her. He lifted his left hand up and rummaged something from within his shirt pocket. It seemed that it didn't take him long to find what he was looking for and quickly tossed it to Y/N. She caught it, something cold and thin. The female opened the palms of her hand and saw that it was a small, metal nametag that would clip onto your shirt.

Gilbert L/N.

He...was a L/N too? He seemed too young to be her father though.

Y/N lifted her head, Gilbert long gone. BEN looked at her with a tilt of his head and motioned her to follow. The rest of the killers were walking down the short hall, some already waiting at the end. They were waiting for...her?

"Starting without me?" A hushed voice approached with its owner. The owner of the dark blue mask that Y/N grew too comfortable with appeared from around the corner. BEN shook his head.

"You're just in time." He moved onwards, urging the two of them to do the same. Eyeless Jack stood a few feet ahead of Y/N and held out a gun to her discreetly. He didn't say anything, but she accepted the weapon anyway and the two of them approached the others. They stood idly by.

"Now Jason is all we're missing." Hoodie commented something he didn't do too often. The others nodded, but Jack held up the palm of his hand halfway, stopping at the side of his head; a sign he was about to speak.

"The toymaker is busy. He said to go on ahead with what we're going to do."

There were silent words passed through the group and Sally approached Y/N, away from Candy Pop. She took the other female's free hand, which was numb and tingly at the same time.

"C'mon! You gotta be the one to do it!" She urged, bringing her towards the front of the ground. Some of them stepped back, away from the doors. Confused and concerned, Y/N couldn't bring herself to pull away from the young child's hold...it felt like she also couldn't do such a thing with the others watching.

There were thin windows on each double door, the inside of the other room dark, but held a few strange lights inside. Y/N slipped her hand away from Sally's, the brunette watching with eerily wide eyes.

"Alright..." Y/N brought both hands up and pushed the doors wide open.

There were many terminals and computers on each side of the room, the strange lights blinking from the devices and screens. A large platform was placed in the center of the room, but a windowed-off area sealed away a large, flickering screen, the glass shattered in some places. Though, the most disturbing thing was that a man stood among it all, his back facing towards them.

"I knew that bastard would be in here," Jeff growled. Y/N could feel the bloodlust rolling off the killers behind her. The cool lights that illuminated the halls behind them began filtering in this dark place, their shadows growing on the floor. The man standing towards the glass sighed and turned slowly, his hands that were in front of him crossed behind him as he faced the group.

He was rather tall and quite fit, but he was also the eldest human in the room.

"I assume you've come to kill me?" He spoke with a low voice, the small tilt of his own head creating a ripple of anger to bathe over all who stood before him.

This man was very familiar to Y/N...but she could not recall his name.

Nobody would answer the man's question though.

"Well," the man continued on, "it's quite obvious by now. I hoped it wouldn't have been so soon...but Norrington was quite a surprise at the end. I didn't expect him to-."

"Don't." Y/N blurted, her dominant hand squeezing the handle of the gun that pointed low to the floor. She wasn't going to kill someone...she did not kill anyone in that entire maze out of spite... So she wouldn't do it now.

The man, whose eyes had wandered elsewhere, settled on the H/C haired girl who stood before him.

"Oh? Did he mean that much to you?" The odd man fell silent, but then laughed, as if thinking of a joke, "I mean, of course, he did. You seemed to hold a very special place in everyone's hearts in that maze."

A gaze was cast behind Y/N, then back on her own form which was now cloaked in a dark shadow.

"My plan wasn't supposed to involve you or S/N... But given the chance to wipe out the rest of my bloodline that disagreed with my plans was a perfect opportunity," his eyes looked tired.

Wait.

"Wait." Her heart stopped, "bloodline?"

Everyone in the room froze. She felt as if the whole world was now watching her.

"Oh, you murderers didn't tell her?" He leaned his head forward, then smiled, "Y/N, my dear daughter. Why don't you think over what side you're standing on right now?"

Daughter.

"The people you've trusted so far are murderers, manipulators, liars, thieves, and overall deceiving people; and that isn't even the start of it. Would you trust people who have killed your friends and loved ones over your own blood and flesh?"

Daughter?

"You literally just said you were going to kill off the rest of your bloodline." Jane spat. The man's dull E/C eyes narrowed.

Daughter?

"I suggest you shut your mouth, woman."

Y/N glanced back with wide eyes, Jane stiffened with frustration.

"I am not your daughter." Y/N whispered, staring into her supposed father's eyes, "the one I knew... The one... I knew..."

She trailed off. The one she knew was when she was a child. The memories she had seen in the maze, were true. That entity with the polka dots was real as well.

"Hm?"

Y/N glared, "the one I knew loved me. You do not."

There was a sudden sound in the distance, the sound of screeching. It died down slowly but echoed in the halls for what seemed like an eternity.

"What about S/N? You let her die." Y/N questioned, the grip on the gun still tightened, her knuckles white. The man's posture dimmed and he shifted, rolling his right shoulder.

"Ah, yes, her. I didn't kill her. He did," a nod behind Y/N. Toby stood there with a mixed expression, "ah! Yes, I suppose I should return the favor halfway."

The man raised his right hand and the bang of a gun rocketed in the room. Toby's visible form jolted, a blotch of blood forming on his left shoulder. It sagged, unusable for the time being; but Toby did not move.

"You insufferable creature..." The man's voice wasn't as soft this time but held disgust that Y/N could compare to speaking about a cockroach or a spider.

Moving on her own, Y/N held up her own gun, steadying it on her father's shoulder, and pushed the trigger. The recoil shocked her, sending a jolt of pain down her dominant hand. The bullet embedded itself into the male's shoulder, his own body stumbling at the impact.

"Like father like daughter, I suppose."

Something else in Y/N snapped and she quickly threw the gun aside, stepping once slowly towards the man, then sprang to her feet, not allowing him to react quick enough. With skilled hands, Y/N unlatched the machete from her waist, something she had gotten increasingly used to.

It seemed like her father was not expecting such a rush from our protagonist and the two fell down to the floor. A swift kick to her jaw sent her flying against the wall of the observatory, the glass vibrating slightly upon the impact.

"I guess that maze has taught you a lesson or two after all!" Her father spoke heavily, his breathing ragged.

"Stop him!" One of the killers, she couldn't discern who shouted.

"Shit!"

The room filled with the sudden yells of the killers which jolted Y/N awake. Some of them littered on the floor, twitching or writhing against the ground. Toby didn't look affected very much, but his twitching had gotten increasingly aggressive and his breathing was heavy.

"What did you do?!" Y/N whipped her head to the man who now leaned against the large terminal in the center of the room. He held a device in his uninjured hand, it glowed with a purple light. Y/N glanced over at the ones on the ground and noticed dark electricity emitting from their bodies. It came most heavily from their backs.

"I have them all under my control! You aren't strong enough to kill me! No, you won't kill me!" A crazy laugh, one that could possibly rival Jeff's, erupted from his throat. The disheveled man laughed again, "you'll die here! Like the rest of them!"

Y/N looked over to the others writhing in pain, some of them already gone still, but their limbs twitched with the remaining black electricity. The laughs of her father filled her ears, becoming something she found irritating. Something she couldn't stand. The female gripped the handle of her machete tightly and slowly began to stand. The man who held the device watched her with disinterest.

The H/C-haired survivor smiled dimly, "you're right... But I'll be damned if I don't kill you first."

She threw herself at the man, the device flying from his grasp and onto the ground in the darkness. Y/N could feel the male struggle against her form, his large hand grasping tightly around her smaller wrist, the hand that held her weapon. His other hand was useless as he could not move it due to the bullet lodged in his shoulder.

"What are you doing?!" He screamed, spit flying from his mouth. He was getting desperate, she could see it in his eyes. Y/N only grinned, struggling for dominance as she twisted her wrist quickly away from his grasp and brought her foot up to kick his torso against the glass. It wobbled, the damaged glass barely clinging on creating more of the hairline cracks that were already there.

Y/N could feel the adrenaline in her body pushing her to continue and she obeyed, bringing her machete to dig into the man's shoulder. He let out a roar of pain but grabbed a fistful of her H/L hair. It felt like something was ripping from her scalp and he tossed her loosely to the side with the best of his abilities. The woman was able to recover quickly and lunged for his legs this time, low to the ground. The two of them toppled over and she quickly climbed up higher, stabbing deeply into his hip. Blood oozed from the wound.

She could feel a harsh kick to her side and grunted, tears threatening to spill from the dull pain, but ignored it and sucked it up. Her H/C hair hung over her shoulders and in her eyes.

"You...! You are truly a disgrace!" He yelled at her, fury evident in his features.

Y/N's own expression was blank.

"Don't worry." She whispered, bringing the weapon up, "I'll be joining you soon."

And the weapon came down, digging deep into the man's body. His torso squelched in a disgusting way, his heart pierced by the machete. He squirmed underneath her, but then became limp soon after. His body shivered and she could hear something in her ear, like distant laughter, but it faded.

"Y-Y-Y/N." Toby spoke her name, but his voice was hoarse. She looked up. He had stumbled over during the fight and was leaning against the terminal that she and her father's corpse lay behind.

"Th-th-the remote..!" He slid against the metal box and twitched on the ground. She sat up quickly, rushing towards where she had seen the device fly towards, and found it due to the recognizable purple light shining in the dark. There was only one button on it...and she pressed it without a moment's hesitation.

A brief moment of fear passed her when nobody made a move to get up, but the killers around her began to breathe normally, some standing and recovering quicker than others.

"Finally!" Jeff shouted. For a moment, she thought he meant that towards her, but she watched as he reached for something underneath his hoodie and tugged harshly. A round device, the size of his palm, sat in his hand. It was blinking with the same purple light and had a symbol that she had been spotting around the facility in the center. A few of the other killers did the same as the one infamous male. They threw them to the ground without hesitation.

Y/N thought that everything was over, of course, everyone did; but, of course, something had to go wrong at the brief thought of freedom.

Shouting. Yells and the sounds of rushing footsteps in the halls. It sent everyone on edge and those who had not stood before jumped to their feet.

"Looks like the unwelcomed company has arrived." Candy Pop cooed sadistically, "shall we go teach them a lesson?"

BEN shook his head, the doors that required a code to get into closing by themselves. He sighed, scratching the back of his head, "I really should've disabled those cameras a long time ago."

"Cameras?" Clockwork repeated with an unamused look, her arms crossed over her chest. BEN earned a hard hit over the head with Masky's fist.

"Well, we really should-"

Puppeteer fell silent, his golden eyes blinking once before his mouth closed. A cold presence wafted from behind Y/N, which everyone was staring towards, and she slowly turned around. A tall, faceless entity stood before her wearing a black suit. No sort of static accompanied it, but there were slithering types of thin tendrils coming from its back. The air in the room grew tense and everyone held a different look with their posture.

"It's been some time since we have seen each other face to face, Y/N." The entity spoke, its voice intruding her mind. The H/C-haired girl flinched, still not used to it invading her space, but she nodded nonetheless. The faceless being looked out to the crowd of its friends, family, and co-workers.

The flash of the room changing caused Y/N's eyes to spin, "shall we take our leave? It has been quite some time since we have all visited home..."

It seemed that Y/N's journey wasn't quite over. Her world spun, slowly...and her eyes rolled back, but her body was caught with two thin items, which held her beaten form gently.

It was safe.

And she would be home soon.

~

Y/N's moral - 10/100

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 9.9K 25
"မောင် မဆိုးစမ်းနဲ့ကွယ်" "ကျုပ်ကိုမချုပ်ခြယ်နဲ့"
68K 5.8K 36
U+Z ဒီနေ့မင်းလွင် + ဒီယောရာဇာဓိရာဇ်
53.1K 1.3K 22
"Murdoc is a fucking jerk and doesn't get me at all!" "The bloody dullard's too narcissistic to even notice us, let alone me!" Complete opposites who...
6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...