Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past II
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival
Festival II
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 1
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Zero Failure
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon
The Night
The Sun
Her Guilt
The Roots
New Day
The Sea
World Tree
Captives

Jung Yeon Hwa

3.5K 283 17
By RUNA_HADES

Shiing—

Hair as red as blood was shaking in the wind.

The cold winds were brushing past the person's cheeks.

A thick carpet of snow-white covers all around.

The snow in the sun glitters and shimmers, it seems that someone has scattered diamonds.

The expanse of trees was never-ending. Snow has formed a blanket over the landscape.

In winter, the forest turns into a magical place.

It's magical as it's one of the Five Forbidden Regions in the Western Continent.

The Forest of Darkness.

The Forest of Darkness is a regular forest, just like any other.

But the thing inside of it is different.

In the winter, in the forest life stops because of the cold, most animals hide in warm holes or hibernate.

Still, hunger causes the predators to hunt.

To be exact, they are monsters.

The monsters in the Forest of Darkness did not get scared, even in front of strong creatures.

That's why they had no hesitation to get near the strongest existence's lair.

The leader of the leaders. Emperor of Magic. A being the closest to Nature.

The Dragon Lord.

However, the esteemed being doesn't need to lift a finger to wipe out those ugly monsters.

The dignified entity has reliable and strong fellows alongside a son that possesses a power that could surpass her power even in her prime age.

Those reliable fellows are a part of the Beast People.

The Cat Tribe, The Wolf Tribe, and The Tiger Tribe.

Not just them, the beings led by the Dragon Lord.

The existence that stood above all other existences in the world.

Dragons. Yes, plural.

Multiply dragons in one place.

It's something that couldn't even imagine and seen in 10,000 years.

Dragons, different types of Beast people, and humans who were considered weak creatures spend time together harmoniously.

The person who gathered all these different races together is also a human.

A human who is loved by Nature and Gods.

Of course, he denied all of them.

The man with the fiery red hair standing in front of the grand castle.

Black Castle.

The great beings' lair.

'It looks like typical villain base from the novel,'

"It's nice."

There's a smirk on his face that will trigger a little dragon with similar color as the castle by calling it a 'scamming smile'.

It's not a gloomy castle. It's contrarily than reality.

The redhead could hear the laughter of youngsters.

He could see young Tigers, Wolves, and two kittens rolling around in the snow.

He could see two black bobs among them.

One is the Dragon Lord's son.

The other one is the Last Necromancer.

'Mary is here. She must be here for New Year Festival and spend the new year with others.'

As he took a step forward, the butler behind him opened his mouth.

"Young master-nim."

"What?"

"Are you close with the lady just now?"

"Raisa?"

Ron could see a rare gentle smile on his liege's face when the young man said the lady's name.

That makes the old butler more curious.

When he arrived in the bakery, he saw two of them drinking warm drinks at the same table.

He couldn't see the lady's expression as the lady's back faced him before she's welcoming him.

However, Ron could see a relaxed smile on the puppy young master of his.

He looked loosened up.

'Young master-nim even let her call him casually.'

The only ones who call him without honorifics are his family, his sworn brother, the averaging 10 years old children, the dragons, and his secretary, Mercenary King Bud Illis.

The higher-ranking people also being respectful of him even though he doesn't have a noble title.

Cale Henituse is the honorable hero of the Western Continent and Eastern Continent who refused the medal, position, and fame.

He's someone you can't mess up with.

He might doesn't care about his reputation but he got a lot of strong allies around him that cherished him.

As Ron patiently waits for his young master's answer, Cale is wondering the same question.

'Are we close?'

Team Leader Jung.

That's what Cale, no, Kim Rok Soo called her in their previous world.

They had a normal relationship between two Team Leaders of respective teams.

Both teams need each other.

The attacking team needs the healer team to heal their comrades.

The healer team needs the attacking team to protect them while healing the survivors.

So, Jung Yeon Hwa and Kim Rok Soo frequently have a meeting to discuss some issues.

He remembered something about her while he's walking on the fluffy white snow.

"Team Leader Kim."

"Team Leader Jung."

"Why are you always injured every time I see you?"

"Hmm. I wonder."

Kim Rok Soo avoided the piercing silver eyes that were similar to the scalpel she held at that moment.

"Haaa...Come in."

She let Kim Rok Soo enters her office.

Her office is full of surgical tools, bandages, ointment, and medicine.

If we ignore the lack of stretchers, her office can be considered a good infirmary.

Jung Yeon Hwa led Kim Rok Soo to sit on the chair.

"Take off your shirt."

Kim Rok Soo flinched even though it's not his first time to be treated by her.

 He hesitated to do so as he doesn't want to show his 'disgusting' scars.

Jung Yeon Hwa who noticed his hesitation opened her mouth.

"Team Leader Kim...you don't think I am going to take advantage of you, right?"

She put both of her hands on her mouth as if she was shocked.

There's a blank expression on his face.

"Tch. Your shirt ruined. You used 'Instant' again today."

She clicked her tongue while looking at the man in front of her.

There are a few cuts on his face, his shirt shredded and soaked in his blood.

Jung Yeon Hwa lifts one of her eyebrows to indicate she's waiting for Kim Rok Soo to take off his shirt. 

Then, he takes off his ruined shirt to get the treatment obediently.

She grabbed one of his shoulders.

Kim Rok Soo widened his reddish-brown eyes as he realized what's going on.

"Jung Ye―!"

"Stay still."

Jung Yeon Hwa cut off his voice sharply.

Kim Rok Soo's widened eyes met her cold and lifeless silver eyes and he knew she's using her abilities.

Her eyes were similar to his eyes when Kim Rok Soo used his 'Record'.

That means she turns on her 'Observation'.

He also can't feel any pain at that moment as she used her 'Delay' on him.

"...you don't need to."

"Then, stop getting hurt."

Kim Rok Soo stared at the lady with black long wavy hair in front of him.

He's frowning while looking at her.

"...it's difficult."

"Difficult does not mean impossible."

She replied to him with the same words he gave to his team members which she coincidentally heard while they were on the same mission.

She started her treatment by putting the ointment on his cuts. 

There's no groan or whimper in pain.

That's how amazing her second ability is.

There's silence between them.

It's familiar and comfortable silence as both of them are not the talkative type.

The tranquility continues until Jung Yeon Hwa bandage up the injured body of Kim Rok Soo.

"Done."

"Thanks."

He's wearing the same shirt after he's thanking her.

"You have extra clothes?"

"Yeah, I have some in my office."

Jung Yeon Hwa nodded her head and stared at the wide back of the Team Leader of the strongest Attacking Team in their company.

Kim Rok Soo could feel her gaze and turn around to see her.

"Team Leader Kim."

"What?"

"Promise me."

"...?"

"To not use 'Instant' too much."

"..."

She crossed her arms and tapped her finger on her elbow.

Her silver eyes were still on him.

"Well?"

"...I tried my best to do so."

There's an annoyed expression on her face.

"Pfft—"

There's a small laugh slip from his lips.

Cale unconsciously let out a chuckle while rewinding his record.

'Well, I did fulfill my promise to her. So far, I only used twice.'

Cale continued walking until he could see the children clearly.

The children noticed his presence and ran towards him.

"Do I close to her?"

Cale repeats Ron's question while looking at the averaging 10 years old children coming in his direction with sparkling eyes.

Before he is surrounded by the young wolves, young tigers, two kittens, and a little dragon, he answered Ron's question without looking at him.

"Kind of?"

It's an ambiguous answer with a gentle voice of his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 9.9K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...
6.7K 290 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
1.8K 91 5
'Waste' 'Lout' 'Trash' Those are the names of Cale Henituse, a man infamous for his reputation as a loud, violent, drunkard. The same trash that had...
174K 9.9K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...