Ephemera

By stellarflower-

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown" Ephemera: Nothing is permanent, flowers that bloomed will die in a... More

||Prologue||
||Aesthetics||
Inferno
Veneer of Bravery
Hope for the Hopeless
Perfect Little Accident
Tears Don't Fall
Hairbrush?
Eternally yours
Devika's 'mint kheer'
Love hurts
Betrayed and broken
Broken trust
Author's note
All is Lost
Yudhishthira's letter
Dilemma
Doors of life
New day
I have some questions
Towards
Family Time
Traumatic night
Issues
Fire
Tragic news
Hidimb and Hidimba
Hidden truths
Birth
Calm Before Storm
Fire borns
Moments to treasure
Twist in the Tale
Wrenched heart
Reunion
Note
Her swayamvar
Entrance
Time for truth
Insecurities
Serendipity
Divulgence
New cover
Review
Elysian
Unfaithful
Cadaver
Tranquil
Veer Sodari
Xenization
The Great Prank
Catharsis
Sweet Bliss
Dreadful
Sovereign
Erstwhile
Love Story
Strike One, Down
The last dinner
Journey to Hastinapur
Indelible recollections
The First Dice is Cast
Why?
Trick to Tease
"Won"
Ambrosia
Her Leash
From Consecrated to Cursed
What?
Star crossed
On your own
Flaring the fire
Darkness Ascends
Veil Of Secrets
Little Brain, Big Doubt
Philosophy of Curses
50K Reads!
Peek A Boo

Barren

514 36 134
By stellarflower-

This chapter will be pure non sense because I just wanted to write with no ideas.

I had to do something to distract myself, cause I just broke up with my boyfriend, who used me to get my search history for the quiz, so he would know which websites i used to prepare. He was dumb enough to loose me but I am the one who is crying.

Anyways target for this chapter-
25 VOTES AND 100 COMMENTS

~~~~~~~~~~~

I love life that challenges me to break past my limits.

~~~~~~~~~~

When they had ridden two days, they reached the end of greenness in the world and saw a wasteland before them that stretched to the horizon and beyond. They knew they had arrived at the frontiers of Khandavprasth kingdom. Certainly, in extent, the land of Khandavaprastha was equal to the rest of the Kuru lands. Looking at that desert, Yudhishtira wished it much smaller: so there would be less of it to Salvage from the curse of old.

The Pandavas and the brave people who had come with them stood silenced at the edge of that waste.

Krishna saw how near tears his cousins were. He said, "Dhritarashtra is like the fool who admired the beauty of the streak of lightning, until it fell on him. He forgets he will reap the harvest of the evil he sows." Krishna took Yudhishtira's hand. "But not you, gentle cousin. Why should you reap the bitterness your uncle has sown? Come, let us enter your elder brother's vast kingdom; for vast at least it certainly is." He lowered his voice to whisper to Yudhishtira, "And we shall see what we can make of this desolation."

Yudhishtira looked sharply at him, but Krishna had already ridden ahead into the wilderness. Yudhishtira rode after him and the others followed, numbly, wondering what the Avatara could do with such monstrous barrenness, where only the rishis' curse thrive.

The rode and rode deeper an deeper as karn pointed-

"Look! The ruins of Khandavaprastha."

Fallen walls in the growing dimness, among which only lizards scuttled and snakes had nests; battlements and turrets, palaces, once eminent surely, but now tangled with thorny plants that survive in desert's hearts; deep moats and pools, which must have once been full of clear water, lotuses and birds, now full of dust and sand; streets where only the wind ventured; flanking those streets tumbledown mansions in which not even ghosts lived: these were the ruins of a magnificent city, the capital of their ancestors.

"So this is what that blind one gave us." Dhriti gritted her teeth as yudhishthira turned and gave her a sharp glare and mouthed not to say that again.

His handsome face alive with determination, Karn said to Krishna, "I am glad my uncle gave me this ruined land for our kingdom. At least, now we have a challenge before us. I am grateful for a destiny that tests us."

Krishna smiled at him like the sun. "The time of the rishis' curse is finished! Because your heart has been moved by this place. You did not know it, but it was foretold that life and prosperity would return to Khandavaprastha when a Kuru king yearned to heal the cursed land."

The sun was setting and they had journeyed long and hard. They were exhausted and the task ahead seemed formidable, even impossible. Krishna advised, "Let us eat now and sleep. We are tired and easy prey for despair."

Heeding his advice the built tents, first for the subjects then for the royal family of khandavprasth.

Draupadi cooked the meal, as bheem helped her and sahadev served.

Yudhishthira and dhriti looked after the needs of the people, nakul and sahadev tended to the cattle as karn and arjun ran into the woods getting wood for fire.

~~~~~~~-

In the tent, Draupadi, the 6 pandavas and dhriti had just finished eating when Draupadi asked pointing at dhriti.

"Who is she? I have seen her roaming here with us, I just want to know."

"We don't know love, we need to send her back to her family." Bheem said at which dhriti held yudhishthira's hand tightly, hoping he would say something, but he did not.

"Who is your family angel?" nakul asked softly as driti looked down and then at yudhishthira but he did not say anything, so she decided to take the reins of the situation in her hands.

"I am yamraj and his wife's daughter, making me your brother yudhishthira's younger sister." Dhriti said as silence echoed the room everyone looked at yudhishthira for confirmation but he just looked away.

"That is not possible." Bheem said subtly looking straight at his brother yudhishthira.

"It is." Dhriti said softly yet firmly.

"If it were, we have been together for more than a month he would have mentioned you." Sahadev asked furrowing his brows in confusion.

"She is." Yudhishthira said alarming the room "It is because of her I did not suicide, it is because of her I am alive and who I am." He finished with a nonchalant tone as everyone.

"So does that make her our sister also?" Arjun asked surprised, his brother had definitely done a lot in the time they had been away from each other. Dhriti, smirked as she saw arjun's alarmed face, she knew exactly why.

"well, not directly, so no." yudhishthira said smirking as relief flushed over both the archers.
"So, who will rule khandavprasth?" Arjun got straight to the point as everyone sat straight

"Jyesth." Yudhishthira said without a pause.

"No yudhishthira. He is everyone's dream." Karn said equally fast making yudhishthira snap his head towards him.

Draupadi and other pandavas just watched the drama unfold.

"I will not!" yudhishthira said turning grave but karn shook his head.

"Yudhi, it is not a choice." Karn said even more serious.

'I. WILL. NOT. RULE." Yudhishthira screamed pausing after every word leaving everyone agasp, they had never seen yudhi scream.

"You. Will. Rule." Karn said in a quick motion.

"I have an idea." Dhriti said as everyone turned to her.

"She will tell you to rule." Yudhi smirked his sister should take his side.

"No, she won't. She will tell you." Karn said without a moment wasted at which yudhi glared at dhriti.

"Wow, and they tell us not to bicker." Nakul said enjoying himself to the fullest at which arjun burst out laughing.

"SILENCE." Dhriti and yudhi shrieked at once at which everyone stopped laughing.

"That was creepy." Sahadev said staring at yudhishthira and dhriti.

"Can I speak now?" dhriti asked looking at everyone around in the room.

"Yes." Draupadi uttered softly smiling at dhriti. "Everything is in your hands dhriti." She said dhriti smiled at her, she loved the way Draupadi rolled her name in her tongue, no one had ever said her name better.

"Khandavprasth will be ruled by........

~~~~~~~~~~'

In a remote part of khandavprasth a person mixed molten gold in the drinks of the royals for tomorrow morning and smirked but he felt a sharp push as it all spilt and he turned around facing a girl, young and beautiful.

"What were you doing?" she gritted her teeth.

"Ah! Devika! Satisfy me. My bed is waiting for you." The man licked his lip staring at her undressing her in his mind.

"Shut up!" devika, the jewel of sivis said as she pushed him again making him fall face first at the drink mixed with molten gold as his face burned, bleeding him to death.

Deviks sighed as she bowed to his dead body, no matter he tried to kill the pandavas, no enemity lies after death.

"Putri, what are you doing here?" she heard the oh-so-sweet voice of her stepmother who tried to sell her as she turned uncomfortable turning to face her stepmother.

"Yes." Her voice broke at the end as her step mom gripped her hand tight and pulled her from there away.

"What are you doing here?" she heard the sugar coated voice of her step mom as she tred to ignore the question, she did not want to die at home.

"I ASKED WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE BITCH?" she heard her step-mom scream at her as she gathered all her courage and broke her hand free from there and ran. Away from there, away from Khadavaprastha, in the abode of the ever heavenly god, in dwaraka searching for solace.

"Bhrata!" she gasped as she saw balram out who was shaken at her condition and took her inside.

Softly tending to his wounds, Balram looked up at devika and smiled.

"You are my sister." He grunted as he tickled devika who laughed.

"You deserve happiness after everything you have been through." He added as Krishna nodded sitting in the meet where dhriti was about to say who will rule khandavprastha.

~~~~~~

"Khandavprasth will be ruled by Karn." Dhriti's voice echoed in the room making yudhishthira smile and karn frown.

"No! I don't want to-" karn started ut dhriti put a finger on her lip.

"I am not done yet." She said softly, her gorgeous look somehow satisfying karn, enough to trust her instinct. 

~~~~~~~~~~

What does dhritihave in her mind?

Did you like this chapter?

How was devika killing the man for adding molten gold to yudhishthira and everyone's drinks?

Finally, she is away from her step mom forever.

Any more suggestions?

Whom should I pair dhriti with? I need suggestions, I am out of ideas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 2.3K 14
There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them - Devakinandana Vāsudeva Krishn...
13.8K 442 20
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...
62.5K 2.9K 47
~ An Unique Wedding ~ β€’ Book 1 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY β€’ Pandavas, the demi-gods, five most powerful warriors in the whole world faced a lot of h...
30.1K 2.7K 53
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ β€’ Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY β€’ Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...