Arrows To Ashes ➳ Stiles Stil...

By stilinskisexual

"I thought the masked ninjas with the swords was enough." Coming back to Beacon Hills wasn't the initial pla... More

Back To Beacon
South America Of France
More Mistakes Made
You've Lost Enough
20 Questions
Fool Me. Fine.
Quarantine
Constant Bickering
Never Say Never
Never
48 hours
Move Away
My Version Of Fine
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Rematch
Down And Dirty
Road Trip
Three Truths
Pack Reunion
Pack Support System
Nothings Changed
!Book Five!

Our Goodbye

1.8K 53 36
By stilinskisexual

I was staring into space at the complete boredom I felt. We had been trying for ten minutes. Ten long minutes.

"Coffee break?" Parrish asked realising I was already giving up.

"I love you," I muffled giving him a thumbs up before dropping my head in my hand. "I...I want sleep."

The sound of something dropping on the desk made me yelp and jump away from it. Can't a woman get some good daydreaming once in a while?!

In front of me were now files. And so was Dad. "Breaks over. I need you to organise this before you leave. You knew Tess best so get to work."

And then he walked away. Who got shot and made him Sheriff? Ever since Sheriff did get shot he's had his head so far up his ass that he hasn't realised I'm leaving today.

"You suck!" I yelled loudly. All heads turned to me and I awkwardly sunk my head in my hands. That's when I heard something else being placed on the desk making my head shoot up once more. "For the love of god!"

Parrish laughed pushing my coffee more towards me. Maybe insulating me with coffee is his way of keeping himself in my good books.

We were in the sheriffs office with the blinds shut so we weren't exposed to people in here who might want us killed.

"I heard you're leaving today," he said after taking a sip. "Back to France?"

"Back to anywhere other than Beacon Hills," I scoffed taking a huge gulp. "But mostly France."

"You said you couldn't find anything about yourself in France. But you learnt full control?" He questioned and I nodded and also shook my head. "How's that possible?"

Once I had downed my cup of coffee and threw it into the empty trash can next to me I folded my hands on the desk. He moved the files to the end of the desk.

"It took practice. I put every free moment I had practising control with Argent, the guy with the lightsaber," I recalled and Parrish gave a short nod. "I didn't manage to find much but I did find something to do with creatures of fire." I placed my hand on Parish's, waiting for it to get hotter and hotter. "And it looks like I don't  have full control because of you."

When it did become hot enough I heard his skin beginning to burn and he snatched it away trying to shake off the feeling.

Ignoring his pain I grabbed onto his hand to see that it hadn't healed. Looks like we had the same healing abilities too.

"Why did you do that?" He questioned snatching his hand back. "How did you even do that? What is even happening?"

"Funny," I mumbled staring into Parrish's face. See if he felt any abnormal connection towards me. "You feel anything?"

"You mean other than you burning my hand?" He scoffed and I gave him a nod. The coffee was really helping me stay on task. "No. I don't understand this 'connection' that you have with me. I don't even understand what I am."

I sighed placing my hand on his. He flinched and I narrowed my eyes at him silently forcing him to place his hand back in mine. When he did I inhaled deeply feeling the slight burn run through my veins.

He watched as gold lines appeared in the form of my veins and his pain was no longer there.

"How–"

"You ever have dreams?" I asked interrupting the beginning of his other hundred questions. "Sleepwalking? Waking up in random places? Anything to do with feeling like your about to be burned to death?"

He shook his head to every single one of my questions.

I sighed not bothering to ask any more questions. I opened up Tessa's file skimming through the pages. She had a great hobby of getting into a lot of trouble.

I just wish she was still here. She wasn't exactly a good person but I missed how she effortlessly made me laugh. And how lonely it felt not seeing her in her room. It all felt so lonely.

"Was she close to you?" Parrish asked while peering at the file.

I immediately shut it pushing it to one side. Tessa was gone and there was nothing I could do about it. It was just the way it was.

"No," I answered letting out a deep breath. "And we're not getting anywhere which is annoying because I usually get my way."

"It's been fifteen minutes Skyler, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what I am sooner or later," he attempted to encourage me.

No. I wouldn't because I didn't even know what the hell I was. Part of the reason why I was in France and why I'm still going back.

"That night when Stiles went missing. The first time Stiles went missing. What did you feel?" I asked. This time I lightly placed my hand on his. Waiting for his answer.

"I only remember watching over you, Skyler. And there was something about you, that seemed so..." he paused to think. I began heating up and this time, he didn't even bother to move. "Drawn. There was something about you that gave me a weird type of energy. It wasn't normal."

This time his eyes were now glowing and he hadn't realised. I had only realised mine were too. Something was different this time. It was like another part of me was aware and it was like I had known Parrish my entire life. It was like a pull.

"We need your help!" The loud squeak of Lydia's voice made us both jump.

Stiles and Lydia stood at the door staring at Parrish and me. I ignored the two and immediately turned Parrish's hands so his palms were facing the ceiling.

I did the same and both were covered in ash. He had burnt me and I hadn't even realised. Neither had he.

"What just happened?" Parrish asked in a panicked tone examining his hands.

"Your burnt me," I muttered under my breath. "You burnt me and I didn't even feel it."

"Guys we cracked another third of the list," Lydia held up a sheet and we both cocked our heads to her.

Stiles stood there staring straight at me. "Aren't you supposed to be gone?"

༄༄

I sighed biting down on my nails while staring at the screen.

"Hey stop that," Stiles swatted my hand away from my mouth. "What are you nervous about?"

"Leaving," I answered. Both of our arms were folded but I looked ahead when he looked at me. "How's Malia?"

"Still not speaking to me," he answered our voices in blank tones. "How's Isaac?"

"Waiting for me."

Then it went silent. For a few seconds at least.

"You didn't fall asleep last night," he spoke up and I nodded.

"Yeah I can't, remember," I let out a huff as we both faced forward watching Lydia and Parrish look through old records. "You get a good nights sleep?"

"No, I was trying to figure out why Lydia's Grandmother is the one killing supernaturals," he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"There's a sentence I thought you'd never say," I laughed and he nodded. "Stiles."

He turned and I did the same. We both stared at one another and I almost forgot why I said his name.

"I'm leaving," I stated and he nodded.

"I know."

That's it. I stared back at Lydia and Parrish and he did the same. That was it. That was the goodbye we got. I couldn't even give him a proper goodbye.

"Well, it's not another dead pool. More like an already dead pool," Parrish explained and I leaned down to take a closer look at the screen.

"All of them?" Lydia asked sounding shocked. "All dead?"

"Within the last 10 years. All suicides. And all at the same place," Parrish said and I looked closer at the screen to see where.

"Eichen House," Stiles noted and grabbed the list off the table. "That's where we go."

"Wait you're not being serious," I genuinely thought he had lost it. "Come on. Last time we went there we set Meredith on her last straw. You also were tortured there and Brunski is a dick!"

I got stares from everyone around the station on that last bit but I ignored it.

They both started not changing their minds. "Lyds?" I asked hoping for someone to see the logical side of things.

She gave me a guilty look but tried smiling. "Skyler we have to do this. I need to find out why she did it."

"You can find your answers elsewhere. The cabin? Your house? Anywhere but Eichen," I could tell they weren't changing their minds.

Both of them began walking towards the exit and I grumbled walking behind them. "Guys you can't do this. What if you suddenly become possessed? Again."

Stiles sent me a glare and I took that as a way of backing off.

"Have a good flight Sky," she stopped to hug me. "I'll call you as soon as I hear your plane has landed and I'll keep calling."

I squeezed her back but the pit in my stomach only grew. I'm guessing this was now my goodbye to Lydia.

"What? No," I attempted to push her away but she began hugging me tighter. "I'm not, this can't be the last thing I get to say to you. Eichen is the last thing I get to talk about!"

"Skyler," she stated calmly and I wasn't as tense.

"I'm sorry Lyds," I sighed staring at Stiles as I carried on hugging her. "For leaving again, even when you need me. Or hey, even when you don't. I'm just sorry. And I don't know how long it will take for you to fully get over it but I will keep trying to be there for you. I just hope you remember."

Remember that I love you.

Stiles's blank expression didn't change, but he gave me a short nod. I did smile, slightly.

"You have my purses to keep you company," she laughed pulling away and I glanced at her. "We'll be fine Sky. Oh and remember I kept an extra pair of heels in the back corner of your spare suitcase."

"I have a spare suitcase?" I questioned staring at Dads parked car that had my luggage in.

"Now you do."

༄༄

"Skyler?" Parrish went out to reach my hand but I quickly moved it. "What happened?"

"Not a good move when I'm in a state of overthinking," I advised.

He gave me an understanding nod and placed a pile of files in a drawer before taking a seat opposite me. We were sat in the Sheriff's office but I had given up trying to help Parrish.

I couldn't even help myself. And it made me angry.

"Everything okay?" He asked and my eyes skimmed over Tessa's file. "Is this about your aunt? Tessa?"

"Who told you?" I asked sounding a little defensive.

"Scott did," he answered slightly raising his hands in surrender. "He just told me about what she and Kate Argent did. And how she was related to you."

"Why the hell did he do that?!" I began becoming more infuriated rather than defensive. I just needed all the anger to stop.

"It's not his place to be telling you about me. Or about how close people are to me and why they shouldn't be." I could feel my breathing become heavier and I was getting angrier.

"Skyler," his attempt at calming me down wasn't successful. "Why don't I call you Dad to come in here maybe he can–"

"Please don't. He doesn't need something else to worry about," I muttered harshly. He doesn't need something else to drink about.

"You wanna tell me what you're overthinking about?" He asked and I shook my head but then nodded.

"We shouldn't of let them go to Eichen," I quickly said.

"They can handle themselves, Skyler," Parrish assured but I was quick to disagree.

"Somethings going to happen I can feel it. So much is happening. So much is going to happen and I'm not even the banshee to be predicting all of this. And Lydia won't be able to if she's dead and everything going to fall apart and I couldn't give the boy I love a proper goodbye. I cant even help you because I don't even have control. Dad is drinking and I know he still misses Mom, my aunt who used to be the person I looked up to turned out to be a total psychopath and she didn't even come back to life so I could scream at her and Allison is gone! And she can't even help Kate because even I know Kate loved her and I can't keep up with everything. After all, I keep leaving!"

He looked panicked by my ranting and he looked like he was trying to process what the hell I just said. So was I.

That's when Scott rushed through the doors looking ready for the bonfire. He looked down at me with a small frown on his face and he had been listening to my stressful speech. But when I saw him I immediately burst into tears.

He rushed over and I collapsed into his arms hugging tightly onto him. He didn't let go and I made sure he wouldn't. It was a good minute before I finally stopped crying into his chest and he sat me down.

"Sky."

"Don't," I stopped him before he could suggest anything.

"Sky," he attempted.

"I need to," I insisted and his hands were placed on my arms.

"Isaac can wait," he said and I looked up at him and shook my head. "France can wait."

I rubbed my eyes trying to get rid of all the tears and shook my head but he nodded.

"I need my best friends Skyler. Both of them," he said and I shook my head again. "I need my pack, Skyler. And that means you. We all need you."

I was so sure I was ready to go. I was ready to leave Beacon Hills with everything still a mess. For a week I thought I could solve everything. I thought I'd come home to Malia who I could talk to about how stupid everything was and Stiles who would magically forgive me. My Dad who would be fine and everything would just be okay. It never was.

I finally looked at Scott and nodded. He sighed out of relief and I laughed. "I need to unpack a lot of heels."

"You need to fix everything," he corrected and I looked up at him. "Starting with Malia."

I groaned knowing he was right. I had no right to be jealous but it was so easy to act out of anger. And extreme annoyance.

"Wanna come with me to the bonfire?" He asked and I paused to think about it and realised Parrish was back to sorting files.

"I'm gonna try to help my Dad out at the station while Sheriff is away. I can start here," I suggested and Scott nodded as we both stood up. "Right now he needs me more than anything."

"Text or call if you need anything," he said and I nodded giving him a short hug. "Sky I mean it. And we can try unpacking tonight after the bonfire. Call Isaac, figure out what we're going to tell Argent and we can even help Liam with–"

"Scott," I paused staring at him placing both my hands on his shoulders. "Stop playing alpha for one night and go be captain."

"Your staying," he replied and I nodded.

"I know," I said and he smiled as he began to leave. "And we can definitely help me unpack tonight!" I yelled loud enough so he could hear me.

Once Scott was out the door I walked to Parrish who I'm guessing wanted to be four thousand miles away from me after that outburst.

"By the way, I'm not usually like that it's only thirty per cent of the time. The other seventy I'm either a real bitch or annoying but you can pick," I rambled my version of an apology. "And to repay you for that traumatic thing you just saw I'm willing to help you do whatever the hell your doing."

He hadn't been listening to a word of my apology.

"Parrish?" I waved my hand in front of his face which he reacted to. But he wasn't smiling, he looked very concerned.

He flicked through sheets and sheets of reports and I furrowed my eyebrows watching him spiral. "Did I pass on my craziness to you? Hellooo?"

"Skyler you were right about Eichen," he finally looked up at me and placed the sheets in my hand.

"What?" I asked and he pointed to one part of the sheet.

Delivered-To Morgue: L.Brunski.

On each sheet. Brunski's name was there. All from Eichen. All committed suicide. All deaths.

I widened my eyes and stared at Parrish feeling another rush of heat. But I managed to control it this time.

"We need to go to Eichen."

༄༄

"Let us in that file room before I push your head so far up your ass–"

"With all due respect we need to get in there," Parrish said holding up his badge.

The woman gave Parrish a nod taking out a single key handing it over to him. Now that's just favouritism.

"I need you to both drop in any belts, weapons–"

"Shut up," I grumbled pushing past her and forcing open the door. "God I hate this place."

I looked around as we rushed towards the file room. We passed the basement on our way and I stopped to stare at it.

"No!"

That's when we heard a familiar yell. Everyone was yelling in this place but I could recognise that cry of help anywhere.

I grabbed my ring dagger as we barged into the file room. Brunski stood over Lydia holding a needle placed closely to Lydia's her neck and Stiles trying to force his way out of the ropes he was tied to. They were both tied up.

"Drop the needle Brunski!" I yelled forcing my claws out and gripping harder onto the ring dagger.

Parrish held up his gun that was now aimed at Brunski. He only laughed as if I were joking and I charged forward but Parrish stepped in my way.

"You heard her. Drop it. Take your thumb off that needle and slowly withdraw it from her neck," Parrish instructed and he shook his head.

"Young Deputy. You're just a kid. I bet you've never even fired a–"

There was the loud echo of Parrish's gun firing and Brunski fell to the floor a bloodstain now expanding on his front.

"Nice shot," I quickly said and then knelt to Brunski's collapsed body. "Be glad it wasn't me."

I crouched down to Stiles and cut open the ropes feeling his stare on me. "What are you..." he paused when I met his eyes.

Lydia was breathing hardly with tears running down her face. "He... He killed my grandmother."

I slid the dagger to Parrish to help speed up the process of freeing Lydia. I grabbed Stiles's chin moving his face from one side to another.

"What are you doing here?" He finally asked and I ignored him seeing a small cut and bruise on his chin.

"He punched you," I said with a low growl and Stiles continued to stare at me.

"You're meant to be in France Sky," he said and I ignored him. "Sky."

"You didn't think I'd leave without saying goodbye?" I asked and he kept staring at me.

I couldn't figure out what was going on inside his head so I didn't bother questioning it. If I'm gonna stay in Beacon Hills I need a new start and fix what I left broken. And Stiles comes second on that list.

After Dad. Q

"He was controlling Meredith," Lydia rushed through her words as Parrish helped her.

"He used her to create the dead pool," Stiles added and I widened my eyes staring at Brunski.

"And killed her when she tried to help us," Lydia murmured as we all stared at Brunski.

There was a sudden laugh he began spitting blood out. That can go on the list of freaky things in Eichen. "You... You think it was me? That I was controlling her?" He laughed weakly. Her? Lydia's grandma? "Idiots... She was controlling me."

Lydia gasped and I turned to her hearing the faint footsteps of someone. "Oh, God. It's not him. He's not The Benefactor."

My grip hardened on the dagger holding it close by my side. But it weakened when I saw who had entered.

"No. And... He wasn't on my list. But he was a bad person," Meredith stared down at Brunski slightly tilting her head. "Hello, Lydia."

I furrowed my eyebrows staring at her. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 6.8K 24
Sarah Stilinski has basically gone through hell and back. Six months ago her life was ripped from her after her parents died in a fatal car crash. Th...
20.8K 523 23
Lyra Gray wanted a fresh new start in a normal town where she could forget the tragic accident that had caused her months of grief. However, Beacon H...
145K 3.1K 39
🎵 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮🎵 Alexander argent, the twin sister to Allison argent As far as normal could be...
63.3K 1.3K 38
🎵𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐 🎵 Upon the return to beacon hills the argent sisters are there on one strict r...