THIRD TIMES A CHARM | adam ba...

By -kay1ee

"I don't know." I said hesitantly while shaking my head. "Oh come on. You know what they say, 'third times a... More

Cast
Good Joke
First Day
Finally Friday
Captain Who?
Super Duo
Nice and Harsh
Follow The Leader
Game Day
Soggy Clothes
Ice Suckers
Banks Promised
See ya, Banksie
Moving On
Anytime, Anywhere
Maria Quinn
What Where?
Giving Thanks
Get Over Him
Is Everything Alright?
Apology Accepted
Third Times a Charm
Let's Play, Then
On The Agenda
Board Meeting
Super Duo
How It All Began
The End
A/N
spin off!

The Ducks Are Dead

1.8K 26 13
By -kay1ee

"And he just like, yelled in my face. I don't even know where it came from." I finished ranting to Cameron who could tell something was off. We're waiting for the team to show up and me and Cameron got here early to practice on our own.

"That's not what's really wrong. Tell me." He insisted and i sighed. "I just wanna know where it all came from. What made him do that. I mean, yeah i just dumped a bunch of biting ants in his bed, but he's not the type of person to go all crazy like that."

"He was probably just mad. Like an in the moment type thing." He simply said and i looked at him shocked. "No insult towards him? That's new." I raised my eyebrows because he usually seems to insult Adam every chance he gets.

"Nah, i realized talking him down was just me trying to get you even more mad at him. He seems to do that well enough on his own. I guess i was just jealous." He shrugged and i laughed.

"Jealous, huh? Never took you as the jealous type." I smirked and tilted my head while leaning on the goal. "Well, when it comes to you." He shrugged cockily. "Oh, stop it. I'm blushing." I joked putting my hand on my chest. "Come on, a game of one on one before everyone shows up?" He suggested and I smirked, "You're on."

-

We finished the game right as the rest of the team showed up. "How you guys feeling?" Charlie came up to us after skating a couple laps. "I just beat Cam in a one on one match, so pretty good." I bragged and he mocked me. "Keep that energy. We're unbeatable today." Charlie said excitedly and skated away. "Nice and pepped up." I joked making cameron laugh.

Charlie and I were still fighting but decided we need to be on better terms in order to play better. We're both insanely stubborn and unforgiving, so it's most likely going to take awhile until we make up.

The varsity showed up and started skating circles for warm ups. "Alright, let's kick some varsity ass, okay? I want you guys to play how we'd play in practice." I said and Charlie scoffed. "Just because your not starting doesn't mean you have to throw a hissy fit." I spoke not looking at him.

"Whatever." He mumbled and I ignored him. "Let's get out there." I cheered and skated towards the varsity.

I turned to make sure Julie was at the goal and Goldberg stood there instead. I skated over and looked at Goldberg who was frantically talking to Julie. "Problem?" I asked looking at the boy. "Coach and Captain say I'm starter." Julie said to Goldberg and he scoffed. "Coach? I don't see a coach. And Captain? I mean, come on. The last time i listened to a captain was Charlie at the goodwill games." Goldberg laughed and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh was it now?" I tilted my head and he jumped before turned towards me slowly. "Scarlett," He laughed and lifted up his arms, "Obviously I was kidding. I was just...warming the goal up for Julie." He said quickly before grabbing his helmet. "Oh, how kind of you. I bet she appreciates it. But, you can go sit now." I smiled sweetly at him and he sped away.

"Hey, come with me to skate a lap?" I looked at Julie who was stretching, "Nerves." I explained to the girl who looked just as nervous as I did. "Yeah, you and me both." She said as we both skated away.

"Hey, can we call it even?" Scooter skated up to us and looked between Julie and I. "I hate ties." I said bitterly before looking away from the boy. "They're like kissing your bother." Julie agreed and we skated away. "Is it just me or does he look a lot like Gunnar?" I looked back at the brunette who was talking with his team. "Must be why i find them both hot." She shrugged and I laughed.

"Charlie, can we talk tomorrow?" I skated up to him and he rolled his eyes. "Fine." He huffed and we both stopped after Adam skated up to us. "Scarlett, Charlie. They didn't tell me until it was to late. Guys, believe me." Adam practically begged and I scoffed. "Yeah, right, preppy." Charlie spat.

"Drop it, Banks. Let's get this going already." I spoke impatiently after he skated away. "I want Banks." I said glaring at the boy. "But i wanted to face off banks. You're the starter anyway, and Rick's the starter." Charlie whined like a baby and i hit the back of his helmet. "I changed my mind, what happened to wanting to start?"

"Come on, Scarlett." He practically threw a tantrum with Varsity lined up. "My decision is final, start us off." I nodded to the center of the ice and he mumbled insults at me while skating away. Charlie got knocked down not even seconds in. I skated up to Cole, who had the puck, with Aspen and he smirked.

"Two for two." He laughed before slamming us down. We both let out grunts as we hit the ground. "What a jack-off." I sneered jumping back up. "Oh hell no." Aspen raced towards him. She shouldered him and got the puck while I skated past her. "A.J, here!" I yelled and she quickly past it over.

Rick came up and slammed me into the boards. He stole the puck and shot it into our goal. Goldberg, not surprisingly, slid missing the puck completely. "Shit." I mumbled while cameron helped me up. "You okay?" He looked at me worriedly and I nodded. "I'm good."

"Flying V!" I yelled and everyone got ready. The Flying V may have been good to beat everyone else, but not varsity. They knocked everyone down and I groaned. "I mean, how did we beat some of the best teams in the world, but we cant get score on a couple of rich douche bags?" I complained to Cameron who just looked at me.

"Calm down. You're too stressed, Scar. We just started." He put his hand on my shoulder and i let out a breath. I looked over and saw adam giving us a glare. I smiled sarcastically at him and it slowly turned into a disgusted look.

There's another score for varsity. 2-0.

"Can you stop pushing around my players like a punching bag?" I yelled to Rick while helping up Connie. He just smirked and skated away. "God, i'm gonna be beyond bruised tomorrow." She groaned holding her ribs. "Tell me about it." I agreed and we got back into the game.

I skated up behind charlie who just got thrown at me. "Try the triple deke." I told him while looking down at him. He got up and nodded before skating away. "Holy fuc-" I yelled when i saw he didn't make it. "Easy there." Cole taunted skating past me.

"That was a cheap shot." I complained after seeing rick completely throw Goldberg out of the way to shoot. "Let me at 'em, Charlie." Connie said to the boy who was holding her back. "Got a little problem? Come on, sweetie. Take a shot."Rick smirked and I scoffed. "Alright, perv. Get back in the game." I hit his shoulder while skating past him with Connie and Charlie.

Adam was trying to get the puck off Charlie and I was skating behind them incase Charlie needed help. Charlie got angry and wrapped his arm around Banks' neck. He tackled them right to the ground. "Get off me, Charlie!" Adam yelled pushing the boy off and standing up.

"How do you like it, Banks?"

"Yeah, nice takedown. You'd be in the box."

"Go cry to your rich parents!"

"Alright, fine!"

Charlie started hitting Adam and everyone just watched the fight unfold. "Should we stop 'em?" Aspen muttered while turning to me. "Nah, this is so entertaining." I said not taking my eyes of the fight. All the varsity and freshman started fighting and hitting each other. I just stayed back and watched everything go down.

All of a sudden the rink lights turned on and my head snapped to the front of the room. "Freeze!" Orion yelled and blew his whistle. No one stopped, so he skated over. "Break it up!" He yelled over all the noise. He went through and pried the boys off of each other. "It's a damn good thing i'm not your coach. Now, get your team out of here now!" He pushed rick away and they all skated out quickly.

"This isn't the Peewees. Your little Duck tricks aren't gonna work at this level. Now, for the last time stay away from the varsity. And get those duck jerseys off now." He demanded and everyone sighed and took them off. I looked over at Charlie who i knew wasn't going to listen and he looked at me. "Come on, please." I mouthed to him and he shook his head. "Stubborn, bitch." I mumbled to myself.

"The ducks are dead." Orion spoke again and my eyes widen at the word choice. Very straightforward, I thought to myself. Hearing that kind of hurt. It was sad to think about, but true. Charlie stood there with his arms crossed and we all just started at him like he was crazy.

"You've got two choices, Conway. Take off the jersey right now or you don't play." Coach Orion looked at the boy, waiting. "You're breaking up the best thing any of us ever had." Charlie shook his head and Orion sighed. "Well, it's time to grow up."

"Grow up? Like you huh? A washed-up pro who has to show off to a bunch of kids. Geez, that's real grown up." Charlie skated towards the man and my heart almost dropped hearing what he said. Bombay told me about Orion and his daughter. I had a feeling charlie didn't know.

"Okay, goodbye, Conway. Anybody else?" Orion said annoyed and i rubbed my temples. Fulton slowly skated away with charlie and my mouth dropped a little. "Alright, goodbye, Fulton." He said and we watched them both skate away. "No one's forcing any of you to be here. It's your lives. You decide what to make of them." Orion looked around at all of us and then let out a breath.

"Alright, twenty laps, then hit the showers. Anderson, my office." He said and walked away. "Oh, shit." I sighed and walked towards his office. "Good luck." Aspen patted my back and i waved before walking in.

"As captain, i expected you to be against playing varsity until the proper time." He said blankly sitting down at his desk. "As captain, no one listens to me so why should it matter." I complained sitting in the chair in front of his desk. "I expected better from you as captain."

"Maybe whoever takes my slot will do a better job." I shrugged and stood up quickly. I'm not going to lie, i'm a little upset i won't be captain anymore. "I'm not giving your slot away. I was just going to let you know that we have a game coming up soon, so we need to make sure we practice as often as possible." He said slowly and I looked at him confused.

"You're not gonna let someone else be captain?"
I asked shocked. "No, you're the best captain i've never had. I'm not going to lie, you are. I really hope i don't have to give your slot away." He smiled a little, barley, but you can tell it was there. "Wow, thank you."

"Go get changed, we have practice later." He nodded and I left them room.

-

2000 words later and it's finally over.
that took forever to write, but oh well
updated bc we had a half day in school today so i have nothing else to do

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 278 25
It's been a full three years and no one has spoken to each other. No one has said anything since their big blow out in freshmen year. What happens wh...
20.9K 229 34
Sadie Ross - the best friend everyone wants. Smart, witty, beautiful, and kind, with a heart of pure gold. Charlie Conway - captain and heart of the...
79.7K 1.2K 26
After Gordon's knee injury, his half sister moves to Minnesota to be with him. In a turn of events she's allowed to travel to the Junior Goodwill Ga...
78.8K 1K 41
All Adam Banks wanted to do was play hockey. So, what happens when he convinces his best friend to join the Ducks with him? Together they are able to...