Bullets & Promises ✔️

By FeralClaws

BOOK 2 of 'Bubblegum Gucci Punk & Gangster Model Hunk' •Be it night or be it day, the voices in his head, alw... More

A/N
00:00
1. Gears of Fate Rewind
2. Hope Against Hope
3. Holding Back Scars
4. A Futile Closure
5. The Last Warning
6. Breaking Reality
7. People Shaped Voids
8. Guardian Angels & Reapers
9. The Bullet of No Return
10. Promises Honored, No More
11. The Illusionary Reality
12. Out from the Shadows
13. Emerging from a Blindspot
14. Altruistic Innocence
15. Living a White Lie
16. A Frail Fortress
17. Not Bulletproof Anymore
18. The Eyes Tell
19. Their Bruised Love
20. Dealing with Devils
21. A Game of Cat & Mouse
22. A Glimpse of the Old Times
23. In the Clutches of a Reaper
24. A Piece on the Board
25. Exchange at a Price
26. Entering Personal Space
27. Hanging on by a Thread
28. Heart on a Sleeve
29. The Beginning of the End
30. The Long-Awaited Closure
31. Renewing Losses
32. A Smile to Remember
33. Falling into Old Habits
34. Through the Highs & Lows
35. The Art of Golden Healing
36. Birth of a New Master
37. Close to the Mark
38. The Charming Vixen
40. Anger Issues & Discoveries
41. The Prepared Goodbye
42. The Final Showdown
43. The Aftermath
44. The Red line of Life
45. Bullets and Promises
Epilogue: The Ever After

39. An Unusual Usual Day

26 9 40
By FeralClaws

Dae Ho wants to punch the proud smile Haneul is wearing as if he's accomplished something worthwhile by being at his doorstep at this time. He's in no mood to entertain the man after today's events. Shin Beom couldn't wait for a few hours before dying so Dae Ho could extort information from him and then Shin Naeun had the audacity to act so crudely.

"Oh! Before I forget," Haneul snaps his fingers and retrieves something from his pocket. "You left this at the club," he says dropping the items in Dae Ho's hand.

The wallet and keys the fighter was going back to get that day but was hit from behind and the rest was history. Why would Haneul hold onto them till now? It's been more than four years! The man keeps baffling Dae Ho all the time now. He maintains a stoic face and rolls his eyes, placing the things on the console and locking the door behind him. "You should have thrown them, didn't know you had place for useless items in your home."

"Are you crazy? You had that keychain since you were a kid and your wallet has all your important cards. What was I supposed to do when you'd come to me asking for them someday?" Haneul retorts pressing the elevator button. "Just because things can be dispensable doesn't mean you should throw them out."

"Whatever. Just climb on." Dae Ho mounts his bike after they enter the parking lot, throwing a helmet at Haneul. "This is the last time you're pulling something like this. Next time you stay away from me."

The doctor hums in reply, giving no real answer. The roaring of the motorbike's rev fills the space, and the duo takes off immediately. "You're going to kill us both! Drive properly!" Haneul nags, his hands coming up to the said man's shoulders to support himself.

"Do you want to get off?"

"Shut up and keep going," the bluehead warns with a scoff.

And about half an hour later, they reach the hospital. The building is still intact but rusty, seems as if it could topple over anytime soon. The white paint is covered in soot and green vines, an eerie aura surrounding it. The board of the hospital is half burnt, one of the sides loosely hanging onto its screws.

"Do you still want to come inside?" Dae Ho asks as he pulls out his mobile phone and turns on the flashlight.

"S-sure..." Haneul offers a wavering smile and moves to follow the other's actions, walking in with shaky steps.

The interior of the hospital is no better. Ash imprints on the walls and dusty items overpower the place, plastic wrappers, and glass shards crushing under their feet. The sounds of crickets make it seem like they're in a thriller movie, coupled with the lack of light. The two move in further, searching for the lab Haneul's grandfather had mentioned.

"Harabeoji said the research center was located underground. The way to it is going through the lab on the ground floor. A trap door is located under one of the cabinets." The doctor announces, reading the board that directs the laboratories towards the right hallway.

"Alright, let's go then."

They proceed to the first lab they find, flashlights focused on the floor. Dae Ho holds his mobile phone in his mouth and moves the cabinets, the screeching sounds alerting Haneul, his nerves taking over. But they find nothing.

The next lab they enter, Dae Ho stops Haneul with his hand. "We need to be careful, we might not be alone," he whispers pointing at the shoe prints on the floor. His eyes follow the trail and they find the trap door in the corner, uncovered and already opened.

The fighter licks his lips before descending the stairs, switching off his flashlight since there's light. Haneul goes in too and stays close to the younger. They come across eight rooms, each closed with a metal door. Dae Ho opens one of them to find about a dozen beds inside. They don't go further inside as the stench from the room is repulsing. The smell of dried blood and dead bodies. There are no bodies but the place reeks of them, white bedsheets stained with blood that turned into a brownish color.

"What in the world happened here!" Haneul squeaks in bewilderment, his eyes as wide as saucers. "The beds even have leather straps attached to them!"

Dae Ho wordlessly checks the other rooms, finding the same setup. One of the rooms is filled with work files and types of equipment. But when he opens the fifth room, he freezes and his blood runs cold. It's as if he's reliving the horror all over again. Like it was just yesterday. A hand on his shoulder jolts him, the fighter pushing the man into the wall next to him. Vee's mocking face is all he sees, his nerves rising, anger pulsating in his veins.

"Dae Ho! It's me, Haneul!" The voice says and Dae Ho is brought back from his stupor, immediately letting go of him.

"I-I'm sorry...I thought you were someone else..."

"It's okay," Haneul breathes and takes a look at what had the younger so jumpy. The room isn't like the previous ones. Instead of beds, it's empty, only a pair of chains hanging off the roof, with cuffs attached to the end. He stares at it and then he remembers what Dae Ho had said about the night he lost Minji. "Is this...is this the—"

"It's the place where I was held captive," Dae Ho finishes for him, gritting his teeth together. He will never forget the place where he witnessed his sister kill herself, the very four walls he had stared at for days. The vivid images of blood, tears, and Minji's face are etched in his mind like a tattoo on his skin. One look is all it takes for him to recognize the hellish room. He doesn't—

"Dae Ho, I think someone is here," Haneul cuts in, tugging on his sleeve.

Dae Ho pulls them into the room and takes his gun out from the holster under his jacket.

"What are yo—"

"Sshh," the fighter puts a finger on his lips and peeks outside, letting out a silent curse when he sees two men coming their way. "Stay behind me."

They hear footsteps approaching and Dae Ho prepares himself, pushing Haneul slowly inside to mask him.

"Who left the room open?" One of the men says and walks in.

Dae Ho quickly hits him on the head with the gun's grip and snaps his neck the next moment. As soon as the man falls, the other one alerts due to the sound.

"Yeol, what happen?" He comes running with a revolver in his hand. Before he could take his aim, Dae Ho kicks the weapon and pushes the man, landing a punch to his jaw, and knocking him out.

"Let's go!" He signals Haneul who is watching in awe. "There may be others so be careful." As soon as they climb up, Dae Ho is punched in the gut. He falls to the floor, hands dirtying with dust, fingers on the gun loosening.

"What do we have here?" The attacker laughs but Haneul kicks his shin and then elbows his back, pushing him away with full force.

In the meantime, Dae Ho gets up and loads his gun, taking his position. They're running to the outside when the sound of a bullet stops them.

Bang!

Dae Ho pulls Haneul behind a metal desk to take cover. There are three new men when he takes a look. The fighter fired his gun too to keep them from nearing them. "On the count of three, we run like our pants are on fire, you hear me?"

Haneul nods like a doll, sweat trailing down his temples, chest moving faster in an irregular rhythm.

"1..."

"Come out, come out wherever you are." A voice growls.

"2..."

"Why did you two come here?"

"3!"

Dae Ho and Haneul dash towards the exit, the fighter covering the older's back, firing bullets blindly at the men. The sparks from his weapon illuminate the area, banging sounds timing all around.

Bang!

Bang!

Haneul doesn't know who all are firing but it's not only Dae Ho. They are almost out but he stops and turns when the fighter swears.

"Damn it!"

Bang!

He is clutching his upper arm, blood seeping through and staining his fingers in red.

"No way!" This time Haneul pulls Dae Ho to take cover behind a cabinet. "Oh my god, oh my god! You're bleeding!" He freaks out, shaky hands coming to press on Dae Ho's. It might be something the younger has been experiencing everyday day but all this is too much for Haneul. The sound of bullets and his racing heart, the men out for their blood, and the unblinking gaze of Dae Ho.

"It's not a serious wound. But we need to get out this instant." The nonchalance in his voice surprises the doctor even though he knows what Dae Ho has been through. This must be nothing to him, just a scratch.

"But—"

"Take my bike key and focus on yourself, Haneul!" Dae Ho raves and grips his gun with his bloodied fingers, pulling the trigger to shoot one man down. While he does that, the doctor pulls the bandana on his head and wraps it around the younger's wound, securing it with a tight knot.

They dash to the exit after Dae Ho shoots one more man, Haneul kickstarting the engine and taking off without wearing any helmets. They drive at full speed ahead and Dae Ho covers for them from behind, ready to shoot if anyone else appears to follow them.

"Drive me to my place," Dae Ho says after he deems themselves to be safe. He puts his head on Haneul's back and takes in deep breaths to calm himself down.

"You're injured, we should go to the hospital."

"Do as I say or I'll be furious." Dae Ho commands with finality. "No hospital is going to take me in without making it a police case."

"But—fine."

Haneul is a doctor and he knows how to deal with a wound like that anyway. He could treat Dae Ho himself with the first aid kit sitting in his car.

The way back is silent from then on.

When the two enter Dae Ho's apartment, the fighter directly goes to retrieve the first aid kit from his bathroom cabinet and brings it to the living room, plopping on the sofa and pulling off the bandana Haneul tied around his arm. The doctor is coming to help him but he stops him with his hand.

"I don't need your help," Dae Ho states unlocking the kit.

"But I'm a doctor, I can—"

"I don't care."

Haneul frowns at the sudden attitude change. They were alright just a moment ago but the way Dae Ho glares at him makes the doctor uneasy. He didn't do anything to deserve this treatment. He even listened to Dae Ho when he asked him to bring them to his apartment. "You're being insane—"

"I survived far worse wounds without you and watch me do it again. I don't need you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 1.8K 26
"Do not sleep tonight, I'll be visiting you." "Excuse me?" - There are always two types of secrets: the kind we want to keep in, and the kind we don'...
6.2K 232 8
Pete ! Vegas cried holding the lifeless body of Pete....tears roll down his eyes Pete ! Vegas called again ... But there was no response... Vegas ruf...
3.1K 67 17
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
44.3K 2K 36
Rain- A boy with ADHD is forced to suppress his symptoms from a very young age leading the boy to fall into deep depression and anxiety. Continuousl...