Love Me Again

By yueteacake

When her ex-husband, Sean Donovan, had gotten into an accident, Ashley Summer agreed to look after him for a... More

Chapter 1 - Surprising news
Chapter 2 - Memory lost
Chapter 3 - Reluctant help
Chapter 4 - Ashley's growth
Chapter 5 - Kyle Herrington
Chapter 6 - Therapy with a hidden motive
Chapter 7 - Level of trust
Chapter 8 - Explanation no longer matters
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Exterminate a rat
Chapter 11 - White letter
Chapter 12 - Royal Hotel Appointment
Chapter 13 - Gio Aiolos
Chapter 14 - Sean's visit
Chapter 15 - Why bother rekindling ashes?
Chapter 16 - Tasting program
Chapter 17 - Winter's Breath
Chapter 18 - This stage is for revenge
Chapter 19 - Call from the media
Chapter 20 - Sean is the action man
Chapter 21 - Love was not enough in a relationship
Chapter 22 - Let's meet your man first
Chapter 23 - I can offer a loan
Chapter 24 - I take it because it's money
Chapter 26 - You do not have a stellar record
Chapter 27 - Nothing escapes from your eyes
Chapter 28 - Jean Wander
Chapter 29 - How daring of you to threaten me, Mr. Donovan
Chapter 30 - Clear things up
Chapter 31 - Samuel Donovan
Chapter 32 - When will he 'finally' make a move
Chapter 33 - Injured leg
Chapter 34 - Are you being a pervert?
Chapter 35 - Are you treating me as your sex toy?
Chapter 36 - This is between us
Chapter 37 - Ashley doesn't have that kind of money
Chapter 38 - That asshole judge?
Chapter 39 - Is it too late to get my divorce property?
Chapter 40 - Earning money to pay you back
Chapter 41 - We can't make a mess
Chapter 42 - You are pathetic
Chapter 43 - Where did you hide Tina
Chapter 44 - He won't hurt you anymore
Epilogue

Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile

6.8K 209 26
By yueteacake

A/N: Yay! This story had reached 10,000 reads! Thank you, everyone!

Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile

Mrs. Summer inhaled sharply and Mr. Summer shot his son a deadly look. "Ashton! Be careful of what you say!"

"Then what am I supposed to think from what mom said?" Ashton refused to back down and ignore Kyle who was trying to stop him. "What would you do if grandpa and grandma refuse to let both of you together?"

"That's different!" Mrs. Summer snapped in tears. "Our situation could never be compared!"

"How can love be compared?!" Ashton yelled.

Kyle finally succeeded in pulling Ashton back and turning to face Mrs. Summer properly.

"Ms. Summer. I know you won't agree to this, but I'm serious about Ashton. For five years, we tried to part ways, but we failed because we could not let go. Since we could not break away from the relationship, we decided to make it work. I promise I will treat Ashton well, and you won't regret letting us be together," Kyle said without an ounce of exaggeration from his promise.

Perhaps because Kyle looked so serious and sincere, Mrs. Summer finally regained most of her composure. She turned to Ashton with a stern face. "You really love this man?"

Without hesitation, Ashton said, "Yes, mom. I love him."

"What will you do if I still disagree with you dating him?" Mrs. Summer asked coolly.

"Then I will do everything to change your mind about us. I will never stop until you agree with our relationship. Even if you want to disown me, I won't change my mind."

For five years, Ashton had tried to ignore his true sexuality and choose his family over love. But a human could only be strong for a short period and grew exhausted in denying what he really wanted. It was especially tough when Kyle returned his feelings and chased him hard.

"Betty..." Mr. Summer originally also stood behind his wife's decision, but his heart wavered once he saw how earnest his son was towards his beau that also shared the same feeling to their son.

"Advin, don't tell me you are supporting them?" Mrs. Summer asked incredulously. She had fought this hard for her husband's sake as well.

"I am old, but never a senile. I know true love when I see one. I know you can see it too. Why not let them be together and see how they go? You would hate yourself if Ashton hates you for forbidding him with Kyle."

The shock of seeing her husband accepting their son gradually passed and Mrs. Summer thought carefully. There was a saying that it was a woman's loss if they marry late, but man was much more accepting if they married old. Even if Ashton and Kyle broke up years later, Ashton could still have a new relationship. By then, who knows if Ashton changed his mind and agreed to be with a woman?

It was also fine if Mr. and Mrs. Summer learns to slowly accept Kyle as their son-in-law as time goes. Either way, it does not harm anyone, other than Ashton's heart. But this was what Ashton wanted and he had to accept the consequences of his choice if it was a bad one.

"Fine. But I will allow this if the second condition is fulfilled," Mrs. Summer raised her chin and stared down at the gay couple.

"What is the second condition?" Kyle asked as Ashton groaned.

"Mother, that is impossible."

"The second condition is to have Ashley getting pregnant within a year," Mrs. Summer answered, looking rather gleeful as she glanced at Sean. Her matchmaking idea for her daughter had never died till now.

Even when Sean and her daughter divorced, without much clarification on their divorce, Betty still believed they suited each other well. After all, she and her husband had witnessed how they knew each other and to the moment they finally dated. The husband and wife had also helped Sean plan on how to propose to their daughter.

That was why even when they broke up, the parents did not comment on it, but silently hoped they would reconcile in the future. Ashley and Sean were still young when they got married, thus it was easy for them to get into an argument due to their headstrong ways. Maybe their hot temper will cool down once they mature and would be willing to try their relationship again.

"Pregnant? Who are you dating?" Sean demanded darkly from Ashley.

"None of your business!" Ashley snapped at him, feeling a headache incoming.

"She's currently single," Mr. Summer offered.

"She might be interested in having a fling..." Mrs. Summer trailed off meaningfully, obviously egging Sean.

"I will be the only one you will have a fling on," Sean announced grimly.

"You are at the bottom of my list! And I am not planning to get pregnant!" Ashley snapped at the idiot Sean that either chose to ignore they were joking or was really an idiot after getting his emotions controlling his mind.

"You are not getting any younger you know," Kyle kindly pointed out and she bared her teeth at him.

Ashley knew Kyle was not really worried about the second condition, because Mrs. Summer had not stopped the gay couple from meeting each other. They could wait until Ashley gets pregnant before officially exchanging their vows.

"I will wait till you are ready to have our child," Sean grinned, looking so confident that she did not hold back and kicked his shin.

"Ouch!" Sean cursed and rubbed the injured spot.

"She looks so much like you when you are younger, Betty. So fiery," Mr. Summer said as his daughter stormed into her office and closed the door behind her.

Ashley could not focus on her work, being conscious of the conversation going on outside her office. Unable to be productive, she finally went out again, only to see her mother grilling information from Kyle and Ashton.

It was good to see her mother trying to be supportive of their relationship, even when earlier on she was against it. Kyle must have been working hard to charm Mrs. Summer and it worked.

Sean was still there, talking with Advin, which he stopped when he saw her coming out. She ignored him and sat down beside her mother, who smirked at her approach.

"Finally coming out?"

"Well, I'm interested in knowing when and how they meet each other too," Ashley drawled.

"I thought you would be more interested in knowing how Sean would help your family restaurant," Kyle quipped in with a smile.

"Hmm, I suppose I'm interested in both," Ashley reluctantly admitted.

"So you agree to give us another chance?" Sean asked hopefully.

"If you manage to help us and get Gio out of the picture. Forever."

"Agreed," Sean immediately settled, feeling refreshed.

Ashley was a little doubtful about it, but he looks so confident that he could do it. Well, giving him another chance sounds so much better than letting Gio ruin their family business.

"Didn't the recent news say that Gio had fled to another country?" Mrs. Summer frowned. She had believed her daughter's words that Gio threatened their family, but with no news of him after that, she grew to believe he chose to escape rather than mess with them.

"My guess is that he lied about it so the media won't pester him. That gives him time to plan his retaliation," Kyle said.

"You say Gio owns that restaurant opposite yours?" Sean asked Advin.

"He's the first owner. I heard that he sells it to another buyer so that he could spend all his time on his new job, but he is still involved with the restaurant behind the scenes."

"New job," Ashton muttered with sarcasm.

Kyle took his hand and squeezed it slightly, and it did not escape from Mr. Summer's eyes but he did not say anything. His wife must have seen it too but thankfully, she graciously ignored it to keep the peace.

"Danny, the new owner, has not been seen for five days now," Rina informed.

"How did you know that?" Ashton asked suspiciously.

"I've asked her to try to get information from them," Ashley said.

"Why would you do that?" Mrs. Summer was alarmed. "It's dangerous!"

Ashley had asked Rina to help so that they can get more information from their competitor to avoid being trapped blindly. She had been wary when Gio made no move, and she guessed he might be using the opposite restaurant to attack their business. She had even installed CCTV around the restaurant for security purposes in case Gio chose a hooligan way to ruin them.

Especially so when he had used that method before.

"For our protection. I have told you Gio threatened me a few days ago. He will definitely do something." She immediately feels the place gets colder, coming from Sean.

"What did he say to you?" Sean asked coldly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 132K 66
What do you do when you wake up pregnant and without memories? I woke up after the car accident unable to recall who I was, where I was and why I was...
51 14 8
A woman suffering from amnesia wakes up married to a stranger, slowly piecing together their past and rediscovering love along the way. mature conten...
763 232 31
When their marriage is crumbling due to an unforseen accident that wipes Blaykes memory clean Asher is desperate to hold onto this stranger who embed...
37.3K 892 31
Ana Hamilton's life is completely turned upside down the day her loving boyfriend, Kane Donovan, is in a tragic car accident, put into a coma, and wa...